SHES HERE!!!
8lbs even
21.5” long like her sister
Born at 37+2 at around 10:30pm
Healthy as can be.
Successful VBac.
Lots to the story. I’ll update soon
Going to get some sleep

oh hun, biggest congratulations to you. Fantastic news. Look forward to reading your update. Get some much deserved rest

How are we all doing ladies?
My consultant has let me down big time - I was supposed to have section between 37-38 weeks and it’s been scheduled for 39+6. I’m high risk and really unhappy. There is nothing they can do apparently......I just really want everything to be ok, after my sister had a stillbirth my whole family are on tenterhooks.

We all hoped she’d be safely out by now! X

39w2d Started having contractions early this am, went in, then had a csection. She couldn't wait til tomorrow I guess for the planned c-section lol. It was actually a really great experience compared to my first. She was born 7lbs exactly. I'll probably take the picture down later

20200909_185202.jpg

Last edited:
39w2d Started having contractions early this am, went in, then had a csection. She couldn't wait til tomorrow I guess for the planned c-section lol. It was actually a really great experience compared to my first. She was born 7lbs exactly. I'll probably take the picture down later bc I'm paranoid lol but for now...

View attachment 1087407

congratulations! How exciting!

39w2d Started having contractions early this am, went in, then had a csection. She couldn't wait til tomorrow I guess for the planned c-section lol. It was actually a really great experience compared to my first. She was born 7lbs exactly. I'll probably take the picture down later bc I'm paranoid lol but for now...
View attachment 1087407
View attachment 1087407

Congratulations, she beautiful. Does she have a name?

Well my little man decided to make his appearance on Saturday at 37+5 weeks. Just as I feared he decided to come on dh first night shift so was home alone. Woke at 3:30am having mild irregular tightenings. I panicked because I was on my own and after half hour of debating on getting him out of work I called dh home. Called the birthing unit and they allowed me to go up because I'd got myself upset and scared because usually I don't hang about too long in labour. I was examined and told I was 3cm and stretched to 7 so was given gas and air. The pains I was having were constant this time so was finding it hard to cope. After 5hrs I was examined again to be told I was actually only 1-2cm so not in established labour and was given the option to go home or go over to the ward. I was too scared to go home so went to the ward and dh had to go home. My pains were still constant and I panicked again and got myself into a bit of a state not having dh with me so they examined me again to see if anything had changed and I was 4cm, so officially in established Labour then. Was then transferred back to the birthing unit back on the gas and air, called dh back. Pains were still constant and contractions were still irregular. Was examined again 5 hrs later to still be 4cm but in the midwifes words not a labouring 4 :shrug:
I got really distressed by this point because I was scared they'd send me home. I'd been on gas and air and in pain for 15 hrs by this point and hadn't gotten anywhere. She went to speak to a consultant who thankfully gave her permission to break my waters. From her doing that he came out within 20 mins. Now compared to my girls births his was by far my worst. For me it was true that boys are lazy and my body just didn't want to progress. I finally agreed to pethadine once my waters were broken but by the time it kicked in he came out. So after worrying all along that I'd be quick again and not make it to hospital it was the opposite, long and painful. But of course he was worth every second and I'd do it all again tomorrow for him. I'm absolutely head over heels for this little boy and still can't believe I now have a son. I can't stop staring at him or get enough cuddles.
So here's baby Ollie, born 5/9/20 weighing 7lbs 3oz
IMG-20200906-WA0005.jpg

Congratulations ladies! I've occasionally checked your thread to see how you're all doing, since I remember you ladies from the TTC monthly threads.

Laurabub - your birth story had my tearing up.

Can't wait to meet my little boy in a few short weeks. Enjoy those beautiful babies!

YAY!

After 32 hours of prodromal labor, I finally had my baby boy. He was born on our bed at 6:28am on 9/11. 8lb4oz, 21in long. Lots of hair! I can’t believe I went through with the home birth, it was definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. But, so worth it! Myles Benjamin

D02A966E-3F3B-4A7E-8DF4-067E078E81FA.jpeg

Congratulations ladies! I've occasionally checked your thread to see how you're all doing, since I remember you ladies from the TTC monthly threads.

Laurabub - your birth story had my tearing up.

Can't wait to meet my little boy in a few short weeks. Enjoy those beautiful babies!

Not long for you now. I know it’s hard at your stage if the impatience has kicked in but enjoy every last minute of your pregnancy. I already miss my bump, lol. But you’ll have your little man in your arms before you know it. I’ve always kept an on your thread too so will look forward to seeing your announcement. I hope everything goes perfectly for you

YAY!

After 32 hours of prodromal labor, I finally had my baby boy. He was born on our bed at 6:28am on 9/11. 8lb4oz, 21in long. Lots of hair! I can’t believe I went through with the home birth, it was definitely the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. But, so worth it! Myles Benjamin

View attachment 1087712

Congratulations Mamabyrd. He is precious and that hair, wow. What a beautiful baby boy. Well done for your home birth. May I ask what prodromal means? I’ve never heard that. 32 hrs my goodness. I went 15 and thought that was long. Your amazing and as you say they are worth every second aren’t they. I can’t stop staring at my little man, it still feels so surreal that he’s here. Be sure to rest and enjoy you beautiful little boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->