*** September 2020 Babies ***

We’ve had an eventful week with our little man. His weight dropped from 7lbs 3oz to 6lbs 9oz so I have to give him top ups of formula as I’m breastfeeding. It’s a little disappointing as I feel like I’m letting him down and not providing good enough milk for him to not be filling him up and not gain weight. I’m still managing both but he’s starting to take more formula now and his weight is now back up at 7lbs exactly. I feel like my breastfeeds are gonna be phased out as he’s going longer between feeds now he’s having more from the bottle. My milk always looks weak and watery. Any experienced breast feeders know if that’s normal? Starting to feel a little emotional about it. I don’t want to give up feeding him myself as he’s my last so I want to enjoy every moment with him but at the same time I want him healthy and well so I don’t want to be selfish carrying on with breastfeeds if it’s not doing him any good. Also he is jaundice. We spent Friday night in hospital because he needed to be treated. Had to have a lot of blood tests and needed to be put under for phototherapy. Was very stressful for me because he had to have a mask over his eyes the whole time and it really stressed him out but I wasn’t aloud to pick him up and comfort him. I just felt helpless for him. Was a long night. Thankfully he’s home now and doing better. His levels have dropped but they are keeping an eye on him for now that there not going back up.
FE102511-726D-41B2-9E24-AE6A6D1F445A.jpeg

Despite all that he’s very content and loves his cuddles, which suits me just fine.

We’ve had an eventful week with our little man. His weight dropped from 7lbs 3oz to 6lbs 9oz so I have to give him top ups of formula as I’m breastfeeding. It’s a little disappointing as I feel like I’m letting him down and not providing good enough milk for him to not be filling him up and not gain weight. I’m still managing both but he’s starting to take more formula now and his weight is now back up at 7lbs exactly. I feel like my breastfeeds are gonna be phased out as he’s going longer between feeds now he’s having more from the bottle. My milk always looks weak and watery. Any experienced breast feeders know if that’s normal? Starting to feel a little emotional about it. I don’t want to give up feeding him myself as he’s my last so I want to enjoy every moment with him but at the same time I want him healthy and well so I don’t want to be selfish carrying on with breastfeeds if it’s not doing him any good. Also he is jaundice. We spent Friday night in hospital because he needed to be treated. Had to have a lot of blood tests and needed to be put under for phototherapy. Was very stressful for me because he had to have a mask over his eyes the whole time and it really stressed him out but I wasn’t aloud to pick him up and comfort him. I just felt helpless for him. Was a long night. Thankfully he’s home now and doing better. His levels have dropped but they are keeping an eye on him for now that there not going back up.
View attachment 1087732

Despite all that he’s very content and loves his cuddles, which suits me just fine.

So sorry for everything you've gone through! You're one tough mama! And about breastfeeding, that's the foremilk you're talking about, the hind milk comes after that. I've been using a hand pump (you can also hand express) to pump out some of that foremilk before I feed her (and bc it is hard for them to suck when you'reboobs are really full), so she gets more of the hind/fatty milk. I think it's normal for babies to lose up to 10% of their body weight after birth then my pediatrician said it can take up to 3 weeks for them to get back up, so you're doing great! I know how you feel though because that was what I was worried about with her bc she seems so small to me. They said she was back up to her birth weight now at her ped appt yesterday, but it would be normal if she wasn't. It's stressful since they're so fragile and you want to do everything you can.

Hey Ladies. I hope everyone's well and babies are thriving. My little man certainly turned a corner. Went from worrying about how much weight he'd lost in the beginning to him now being a little chubbs. He just wants to be feeding all the time. He's having 3-4 bottles of formula a day and drinking up to 4oz and still constantly wanting to be on the breast. I'm getting concerned I might be over feeding him. I feel like he's had a massive growth spurt over night, he feels huge all of a sudden, lol. He's certainly more hard work than his sisters were. I thought boys were meant to be more chilled. He just knows the second he's been put down, but I'm not going to fuss about it. For now if I get a bit behind on the housework I'm just gonna catch up when I can because I don't want to miss a second as this last month has just flown by. Comparing the 2 pictures of him with my little girl it's crazy how much he's grown and changed already
inCollage_20201006_090459972.jpg
Makes me really see his jaundice back then too.
It's a shame this page went so quiet in the end. Would have been lovely to have seen everyone's beautiful bubbas and see how everyone got on. I'm going to continue updating his first year on here so I can keep looking back on it. They grow way too fast

Hi! Lovely pics!

I could have written the same - except I have a girl of course! Isabella had jaundice to begin with! She is also now a little chunk and I’m worried about over feeding as she’s having breast milk and top ups with formula! The health visitor didn’t seem concerned and said she is growing beautifully. She was 8lbs 10 when she was weighed last Thursday.
I’ve also added some pics! will try and check in here a bit more regularly!

0131CCD4-E14A-42D3-A5E4-D2DCB2DBAB9A.jpeg 9EC132EE-FC08-4DF3-B704-A8C98A02E769.jpeg

Hey ladies been a long time, I had my girl September 6 at 9AM, 25 minute push :) her name is Maria! But I have some scary news, I’m pregnant again ): it’s only been a month too and we used protection So I feel blessed and scared all at once, I have no clue how to feel honestly

Hi! Lovely pics!

I could have written the same - except I have a girl of course! Isabella had jaundice to begin with! She is also now a little chunk and I’m worried about over feeding as she’s having breast milk and top ups with formula! The health visitor didn’t seem concerned and said she is growing beautifully. She was 8lbs 10 when she was weighed last Thursday.
I’ve also added some pics! will try and check in here a bit more regularly!

View attachment 1088953 View attachment 1088954

Awww, beautiful girls. I was concerned because hes a chunk, lol, but had him weighed Thursday and he was 11lbs exactly and is where he should be on the growth chart so that was a relief. He's 7 weeks now, nearly 2 months already. It's crazy. He's started smiling now which is lovely and he's really trying to coo at us. It's amazing when they start interacting with us. His first lot of immunisations are coming up next week tho which I hate. My mum usually takes them in for me because I can't do it as I'd cry with them but this time they want to combine the 8 week checkup with them so I have no choice this time :sad2:

Hey ladies been a long time, I had my girl September 6 at 9AM, 25 minute push :) her name is Maria! But I have some scary news, I’m pregnant again ): it’s only been a month too and we used protection So I feel blessed and scared all at once, I have no clue how to feel honestly

Skyye, congratulations on your baby girl. Maria's a beautiful name. I can imagine finding yourself pregnant again so soon was a huge shock, especially if you were using protection and wasn't planned. I'm sure you will be fine hun. When did you find out?

2 whole months already. It’s going so fast. I do love this stage tho. He’s so alert now and always smiling. He loves his big sisters, they get more smiles then mummy & daddy. We’re still mixed feeding. This is the longest I’ve managed to breastfeed. I’m still not confident that I produce enough to fill him as he still wants his bottles every 3-4hrs. I think he actually uses me as comfort, but I’m still getting to experience feeding him myself and get that closeness with him.
I’ve not had my first postpartum period yet. I thought my cycle would go back to normal as I’m not exclusively breastfeeding but maybe I’m wrong? Not that I’m in a rush for it to come back, lol.
Hope everyone else is doing ok.
received_366706268088818.jpeg

Hey!!! Nice to hear from you :)

again - same position as you! I’m mixed feeding - breast feeding for longer than I did my daughter - and like you, I think it’s a comfort thing rather than her getting anything substantial. I like the closeness so not ready to give up entirely yet!

Nights are ok - she slept 8 1/2 hours last night which is unheard of....but just after jabs and calpol so that may explain it! She’s a pretty good sleeper generally and has done a couple of 6 hour stints.... usually it’s 3 1/2 hours....that’s the norm! She’s 10lbs 6oz now. Big sister is still besotted!
All is good!

He's quite good during the night really. I only breastfeed throughout the night and he'll only really feed for 5 mins at a time so not too bad. To be honest I'm up to pee more then feed because I make sure to drink at least 3 bottles of water before bed so he gets enough. Sometimes I'm worried he's not getting anything but I'm sure he would fuss if he wasn't. That's why I only lasted a week or so with my last baby because she would keep getting frustrated like she wasn't getting anything so I gave up.
God how did she get on with her jabs?Ollie has his on Friday and I'm dreading it. My mum usually takes them for their jabs because I can't bare to see them in pain. I cry waiting in the waiting room. But this time I have no choice. I'm so worried about him becoming unwell after the way they keep drumming on about the calpol. I also hate the nappy changes after because of the rotavirus drops. Obviously I wash my hands after anyway but it still makes me so paranoid
Glad to hear alls well

Pics of Ollies first Christmas and at 4 months. Last lot of jabs all done until he’s a year, thank god. I hate to take him for those. Daddy got the first laugh last week after mummy trying for the last month and I wasn’t in the room :brat: but big sister Hermione got the second laugh and she was over the moon about that. He’s loved so much by his sisters. One very lucky little boy. Breastfeeding has faded out during the day but we’re still going in the evening and during the night. Quite sad about that as I’m not feeling ready to stop yet but my supply isn’t the greatest anymore. He’s teething already. No sign of teeth yet but he’s constantly drooling and going crazy with frustration at his fists. I got my first postpartum af yesterday (11/1/21) can’t say I’ve missed it but was also suffering the last couple of weeks from what had felt like af cramps and constantly, so I am relieved to have a flush through. It’s not as bad as i feared either. No heavier than a normal af and no cramps. Feeling a little emotional with it tho. We’re in full lockdown again in the uk. I’ll be forever sad that our family’s have missed so much of his first year. No cuddles and only the picture to see how he’s growing. He’ll be a year by the time we all get to see each other again.
I can’t believe I’m gonna say it (but also not surprised) I am overwhelmingly broody again already. He’s just so beautiful I want to do it again. There’s not a chance my dh would ever agree to another. At 40 he feels he’s too old to have anymore and 5 is a lot. He wants a vasectomy at some point in the future I think and it just breaks my heart to know it’ll never happen again. I really do think I’m addicted to babies. I’ve agreed to start the pill when I’ve finished breastfeeding. I know my doc said it’s safe to take while breastfeeding but I read so many story’s that they can dry up breast milk and as I’ve never had a great track record for milk supply there’s no way I’m risking that and I will avoid any medication I don’t need while pregnant/breastfeeding. Before falling with Ollie I did tell him I’d consider the coil after but I really don’t want that either. The thought of having one put in makes me shudder.
Needed somewhere to vent this as I could never admit to anyone I know that I already want another baby. I wouldn’t get a good response about that. I just know this is gonna grow worse over time until it gets unbearable again. The feeling is already so strong that it’s affecting enjoying sex. It’s hard to feel like this and not be able to say anything. I could never put that pressure on him again though as it’s not fair. Especially when he wanted to stop at 3. It’s a shame there are no groups on here for women like me so I could talk it out with ladies in the same place, with the same feelings. :sad2: Also I know just how lucky I am to have 5 when some struggle to have just one. I don’t mean to sound greedy and like I’m looking for sympathy but it’s hard all the same
CAB6751A-065D-40BD-9627-B36234CCFE2A.jpeg E53069D1-3148-4860-A4F6-4F156C11C013.jpeg 2A6C7AE8-945F-4788-9CFE-FA605A201F6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh what a cutie! Isabella’s last set of jabs are on Friday. She is a lovely happy child. So smiley. If I had known a second child would be like this I would have done it sooner!

I was not broody at all after having my first - never. But I’m broody now. My friend just announced her second pregnancy and I am beyond jealous! I had a terrible pregnancy really - high risk - but I just miss being pregnant! It’s like I’ve already forgotten what it feels like to feel kicking and hiccups....I miss it! We won’t be having any more but part of me thinks ‘if money and space were no problem maybe I would....’

I’m on a waiting list to get coil fitted - I have a blood clotting disorder so can’t go on pill - but I am nervous about Coil. I think I’ll have some time to think about it as doctors have plenty more to do than fit coils right now! I’ve had two periods as well and they are unbelievably heavy - I felt lightheaded with the last one. Dreading the next.

A130258E-0AFD-4AB8-8ABD-7EA777EB77FE.jpeg

My gosh, look at her. That hair. Only one of mine had lots of hair. Beautiful. Yeah I’m very nervous at the thought of a coil. I think the only benefit is not having to remember pills or anything. It’s out if your hands but I’ve never heard anyone personally that’s got on well with one. I’ve had 2 cousins get pregnant on them. One when I fell pregnant with my first baby. She found out she was further gone than me. They had to scan her to find the coil and in the end came to assumption it must have fell out somehow. The second, her sister also fell on it and hers had embedded into her so she needed it surgically removed and my sisters friend tried one and was in constant pain until she had it out. I shouldn’t be telling you this if it what your considering. My dh gets angry at me that I only ever focus on the negative in things. Obviously if I fell pregnant on it I would be more that happy but he wouldn’t. I’ve got to see how I get on with the pill. Last time I was on it I was having a period every other week and it’s was horrendous. We’re just using condoms for now.

I know what you mean about forgetting what the kicks feel like and I’m still grieving for my bump, lol. I miss it so much.

I can’t believe we’re the only 2 left in this group now.

My gosh, look at her. That hair. Only one of mine had lots of hair. Beautiful. Yeah I’m very nervous at the thought of a coil. I think the only benefit is not having to remember pills or anything. It’s out if your hands but I’ve never heard anyone personally that’s got on well with one. I’ve had 2 cousins get pregnant on them. One when I fell pregnant with my first baby. She found out she was further gone than me. They had to scan her to find the coil and in the end came to assumption it must have fell out somehow. The second, her sister also fell on it and hers had embedded into her so she needed it surgically removed and my sisters friend tried one and was in constant pain until she had it out. I shouldn’t be telling you this if it what your considering. My dh gets angry at me that I only ever focus on the negative in things. Obviously if I fell pregnant on it I would be more that happy but he wouldn’t. I’ve got to see how I get on with the pill. Last time I was on it I was having a period every other week and it’s was horrendous. We’re just using condoms for now.

I know what you mean about forgetting what the kicks feel like and I’m still grieving for my bump, lol. I miss it so much.

I can’t believe we’re the only 2 left in this group now.

yeah I’m not convinced re the coil to be honest! I’ll research it a little more! I don’t think you are being negative - it’s good to talk about experiences so we can help others to make an informed decision!

I wonder how everyone else is getting on! Would love to know!

Me too. I think they all went onto Facebook and I didn’t really fancy that. I go onto the testing threads now and again to see how some of the ladies are getting on that are still trying since I was. I feel so bad that their still trying after all this time, but I did see a familiar name on there from our group and she’s now pregnant again. I’ve always wanted a couple of years between babies but if I could, I would be trying again now. I really would :(

No I joined the Facebook group and no one has ever posted on it! Except maybe me once?! So don’t worry - you aren’t being left out of that!

:hi: I’m so sorry I never got to post on here I haven’t been on much at all Eloise is a clingy baby to say the least. I setup the fb group what a waste of time. I wasn’t notifications for this thread! But clearly I had time to get a surprise bfp :wacko:

Me too. I think they all went onto Facebook and I didn’t really fancy that. I go onto the testing threads now and again to see how some of the ladies are getting on that are still trying since I was. I feel so bad that their still trying after all this time, but I did see a familiar name on there from our group and she’s now pregnant again. I’ve always wanted a couple of years between babies but if I could, I would be trying again now. I really would :(

was that me :haha:

was that me :haha:
Yep, lol. I was so surprised to see a familiar face in there. I really wanted to comment my congratulations but don’t feel it’s my place to comment in the ttc threads when I’m not ttc. I’m so happy for you, how exciting. As I said earlier I am so incredibly broody again myself but my dh would never agree to another. Your so lucky hun. I hope you’ll keep us up to date with Eloise and your new little one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->