September loss thread, TTC our rainbow babies

late2theparty

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I haven't been very successful with responses to my posts in the past, but I am really struggling with this loss, and would like to hear how you are all coping and getting through this painful time and when we can start trying again? I lost my first through early MC at 5w,and I am still suffering through it.

Sending strength and love to you all :kiss:

Hi :flower: I'm sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to get through. I lost my little boy at 15 weeks, delivered him on Aug 21st. :cry:

Have you had an AF since mc?

Here's to leaning on each other to get our rainbow babies!

I lost my baby at 14 weeks and delivered them 2 days ago. Its not fair.
I think i am dealing ok. I do burst out crying randomly still. It has been helping to talk about the baby definitely.

I dont know when we will try again, to be honest did not even think about it untill i came on here. I can see a lot if people TTC literally straight after a loss, even ones further along than me. I was actually shocked but the more i think about it the more i understand that for some people it helps heal quicker.

Helen I'm so sorry for your loss. I delivered at 15 weeks so we are very similar. I think a lot of people go right into ttc because it helps you heal emotionally in a way. I can say from experience that rainbow babies have a way of filling the holes in your heart. But it's different for each person. You'll know when you are ready :flower:

So StillPraying. It was not long after I read these words about people trying so soon after a miscarrage that ...... I have now become one of those!
I thought about it a lot and the more I did the more I realised that it might be something we should think about. As days have gone by we have really just been wanting to be preggo again as scary as it will be.
So we have decided that we will give it a go and hope for the best.
We are still to have our appointment with the hospital but i hope we hear this week so we can get some questions answered but aside from that we will very much be TTC :)

Oh helen thats amazing :hugs: it is scary but in the end will be worth it :) im so excited for you!! did you have any testing done?

Yes we chose to have testing done to see if it could tell us why it happened. They said because its never happened before then they might not find a reason.
We are ok with that. We have not heard anything at all yet.

Yes its so scary to be even thinking about trying really and part of me also feels guilty for wanting to but i think weather we try next week or next year i will still feel the same way, its just natural I suppose.

What has happened has just made us even more determined to add to our family. We will still grieve for what has happened but we hope if we are lucky enough to have another pregnancy and it is successful that the happiness will heal some of the pain.

Did you opt for testing too?

I only had testing done on me, they tested for everything from toxoplasmosis to lupus. After delivering him and holding him I just didn't want to know how, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me that caused it or would cause another.

Good call. I didn't get that option.
Did you get the results through pretty quickly? We have been waiting 3 weeke now.

Have you had a period yet? I read about a lot of women who say they do not get one. I kind of want one before we start trying but no idea when to expect one.

Hi ladies,
Sorry to meet over such sadness. I had my MC on 17ty Sept @ 10+5. Been for scan and given the all clear that everything passed naturally. DH and I and totally devastated as it's something you just never think will happen to yourself.

After a long chat together & with the midwife agreeing all is safe we are deciding to continue the TTC journey as soon as possible!

The lovely midwife we spoke with today actually recommended it as you are highly fertile in the 1st few months after loss..

Sending you all baby dust & hoping we all get our BFP soon :dust: xx

I had an appointment the next week and they had the results back. I think they did the testing on me because I was 15 weeks and my previous pregnancy was pretty rough.
Yesterday was my 4 week mark but still no AF, but that's pretty common.

This is my concern. I dont want to wait for a period that wont arrive ie- for 8 weeks or something. Can i still ovulate in the mean time?

Sounds like from the lady above you dont really need to wait for a period. Thats incredible..
G- good luck to you.

This is my concern. I dont want to wait for a period that wont arrive ie- for 8 weeks or something. Can i still ovulate in the mean time?

Sounds like from the lady above you dont really need to wait for a period. Thats incredible..
G- good luck to you.

Thank you Helen, i was quite suprised that you didn't have to wait for at least One AF, but the midwife I spoke with said definitely not to wait on anything if we are still wanting to TTC.

I'm not wanting to speak for all cases I totally understand that everyone if different.

I've still got some period like bleeding ATM, so we are just waiting on that passing and then we will begin the journey again. xx

Thats amazing as I thought at least one AF too.
This is making me more excited! Ive stopped bleeding a week a go and my miscarriage was 14 weeks on 1st September.
We have still not heard any news so im going to ring them and chase up our appointment.

How is every one doing in there cycle? Is anyone temping or using opk's?.

I fell pregnant the 1st cycle off BC, so we didn't do any charting last time round! Think I'll start chatting once the bleeding finishes & might buy some cheep opk's online & see how I get on with them never tryed them before.

I just got a call from midwife my hgc levels are down to 86 to go back in for another st of blood tomorrow morning to make sure they are still dropping.
She also said that everything from scan is looking great, I had internal exam 2days back womb & ovaries look perfect.

I can't wait until the bleeding stops know to begging trying again, feeling more positive today.xx

You can ovulate once your hcg gets to 25 is what I understand, hence no reason to wait for AF :)

How will I know if my htg gets to 25?

(We have never temped or charted or use ovulation tests or anything. Just did things the "old fashioned way" lol.) So this is all new to me!

You can ovulate once your hcg gets to 25 is what I understand, hence no reason to wait for AF :)

Really that's great to here, I've still got mid/heavy bleeding so as soon as it stops we will on the look out for o'v x

How will I know if my htg gets to 25?

(We have never temped or charted or use ovulation tests or anything. Just did things the "old fashioned way" lol.) So this is all new to me!

I've read that it can take UPTOO 6 weeks for all hormones to go? I'm not sure if it goes but how many weeks you where at time of mc?

You could always just ask docs to do bloods on you, that was you'd get a clear result.

On a thread I read prev, some people test every few days with cheap pregnancy test until it becomes negative.

If you have stop bleeding & are feeling ready to start bedding again I would just go with it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->