September/October '16 Babies!!!!! :D

Good Morning!!!!

I had nausea hit me in a big way the moment I walked in my sister's place for my nephew's birthday party on Friday! It was so hot from all the cooking that I had to immediately strip off my sweatshirt, shoes and socks; sit in front of a fan and drink ice water...which BARELY kept me from throwing up!!! That when I knew, its ON NOW! (LOL)

What I do for nausea...

- Saltine Crackers - My first line of defense...hahaha...I keep some on my nightstand and eat one or two before I even sit up in the morning, it REALLY helps!!

- GINGER!!! - Ginger Ale (be sure it's made with real ginger), Ginger Snaps, Ginger Candies...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079LT71G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
(I got the variety pack so I could try them all, and I think the peanut butter flavor is the best)

- Preggie Pops - these are surprisingly tasty, but the essential oils that help with nausea leave a slight after taste, so I tend to follow it up with some of the ginger ale. :) If you are working or running around and you don't want the sucker stick hanging out of your mouth, try Preggie Pop Drops...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IT8J6M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

- Eat small amounts of food frequently to keep your blood sugar from dropping, this can easily trigger nausea which makes you not feel hungry and encourages even more nausea. Its a vicious cycle, but it can be prevented. :)

- Nausea Wrist Bands - I haven't tried these yet, but my sister said these really helped her so she's going to fish them out for me just in case my other strategies aren't enough. So far my other efforts have been working out great, I haven't actually thrown up once...but I got very close on Friday!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Developments:

Friday morning I had a bit of a temp dip, my breast suddenly didn't hurt at all, and I had a bit of spotting....this after I had some cramping Thursday evening just sent me into panic mode. Long story short, I went to see my OBGYN and got an ultrasound at 5 weeks 5 days and the baby is doing great!
WE SAW BABY'S FIRST HEARTBEATS!!!!!!!!!
:wohoo:

Here's the video I took of my super early U/S...I was SOOO relieved!!! :happydance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2be4nPtsAq4

Hi guys can I join?? I'm due Oct 12th (approx) with #2 and would love some bump buddies!! How's everyone doing? :) X

Welcome Serendipity and the other ladies who joined in the last week or so!!! :hugs:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone else who worries about their miscarriage risk, I found this day by day breakdown:
https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=12&d=27&y=15

Thanks, be great to have some buddies! :) How is everyone doing? Where are you all from? x

Nmv amazing news about the ultrasound! And thank you for all those tips. I'm using just about all of them at the moment and starting to feel a little bit more like myself. Still sick but at least I was able to get out of bed and eat some food yesterday :) progress. Work on Monday - hopefully I'll be okay!

I got some sea bands from chemist today I've literally been vomiting everything that passes my lips for 24+ hrs now I'm exhausted. So haven't vommed since I put the bands on but I do feel sick and can't eat still but can keep water down. Told my mum and dad today they're so happy!! I'm worried about going back to work on Monday with my sea bands on as it will mean work ppl will know I can't wear long sleeves I'm an icu nurse!! Hopefully it's passed by then and can take them off for my shift !! Nmv that's fantastic!! Samanthatc glad ur feeling better!!! Xx

Touch wood but I've actually been feeling a little better the last two days and ate a normalish dinner last night and kept it down. How's everyone else feeling. I can't believe I'm already 7 weeks! X

Morning everyone!

I've got my first scan today - eep! Excited but also nervous. We're going to take our boys with us, which should be interesting but don't have family around we could drop them off to.

This is a dating scan as my periods are very irregular so I could be further along or earlier than I think. Pretty sure I'm close though.

Hoping we see a heartbeat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->