September October buddy:)

Do you know your hospitals policy on babys leaving in carseats?? Most if not all insist on you using the carry baby seats to leave hospital in, so you might wanna check that out and borrow one if needed x

Maybe mines just extra strict? We arnt even ment to carry our baby around if going further than the bed.. we have to stick them in the cot and wheel them lol. X

I think that's most hospital policy if not all, with our car seat birth to 7 we can take the baby out in that :) just doesn't have a handle but that's fine and may have to fiddle a bit getting it back in but apparently should only take a few minutes.. I'll be doing some practicing first lol! :)

Hi girls, hope you are all doing ok.
Had my sizing scan today and baby is doing well but not enormous haha...he is 70th centile, has an average head, big tummy and shorter than average leg length :haha:
They estimated 5lbs

I am in a lot of pain with my hips at the moment, I can't roll in bed..I have to get out of bed and then lay down again on my other side, I don't know what it is with the rolling motion but I just can't seem to turn.

We stopped at Asda and started getting some things for my hospital bag. Large black pants, PJs and maternity pads haha how glamorous.
Note to the first time mums..dark underwear and lots of pads is a must. I totally underestimated the amount of blood with my first baby!
I'm doing quite well now, I have clothes, Moses basket and ordered the car seat. Had to get the Britax SHR to fit on my double buggy but hasn't arrived yet. Feeling all very real now. Only 7 weeks to go!

I read your thread in 3rd tri CarolinDallas. I hope everything goes ok and baby stays in as long as possible xx

Hi everyone :)

Glad LO is doing well Kath, I also had a growth scan after failing a NST. I don't have a clue about centile though... they jsut said everything was fine lol. She also measured my belly to be 29.. and I'm thinking :O as I was 32 weeks. But baby is right on track and she said belly measurements expecially with first baby can vary so much. Not sure why they bother doing it if it can be so inaccurate!

I went in with reduced movements again and failed the monitoring so sent me for scan. I worried about seeing any private bits! She was shocked at how far bubbas head is down.. no wonder I keep peeing myself ha! Weight was 1668g whatever that means in pounds.. and all body measurements were within the lines on the sheet they give.

I got some things for my bag too :D pj's for walking around, a nightie, disposable pants, pads, travel bottles for shampoo etc
I need to get a bikini top to wear in the pool.. just don't want to buy one yet incase my boobs shoot up in size nearer to delivery lol..

33 weeks tomorrow.. getting super nervous!

Hi! Good thank you! How are you getting on?

Had monitoring a few days ago due to cramping and some discharge which may be the start of a show..but thank goodness cervix was closed and LO monitoring was fine. Stay cooking!!!

Think most LO clothes are washed and ready, hospital bag apart from my clothes. Eek!

Im ok! Given up work now and my spd seems alot better so far.. :)
Im getting quite emotional atm, I havnt really had much time to rest and I think its getting to me. My son goes back to school next weds so im hoping that will help me chill out and stop bursting into tears over nothing!
I also have a growth scan next tuesday so im looking forward to that :happydance: xx

Im ok! Given up work now and my spd seems alot better so far.. :)
Im getting quite emotional atm, I havnt really had much time to rest and I think its getting to me. My son goes back to school next weds so im hoping that will help me chill out and stop bursting into tears over nothing!
I also have a growth scan next tuesday so im looking forward to that :happydance: xx

Oh bless you! I suppose that's quite natural at the moment as a life changing event is about to happen! Homones galore :dohh:
Yes you'll have more time and able to relax when little man goes back so I'm sure you'll feel better then.

Scan whooo! Late scans worry me that I'll see a little winkie!! Ha... hope all goes well :hugs:

Haha, im not worried. Everything is so big and distorted on late scans that I wont make head nor tail of it! X

How was your scan? :)

I have consultant app tomorrow, midwife again in 2 weeks when she will do my birth plan. Which I think 38 weeks is a bit late to do it "/

How is everyone feeling?

I went away this weekend, and everyone was like you are mental!! What if you pop!! Lol... but last chance away without LO I suppose! To be honest I felt weird being away and usually I wouldn't want to come back. Soon as I got back I opened up my hospital bag again and started messing about with things. I keep changing the contents! I ironed everything and now the clothes are creased like baby ones, any idea how to stop that?

My clothes don't fit in there so I think I'll need to take 2 bags..

Scan was good thanks :) everythings within normal range and im still team yellow! Lol x

Im ashamed to admit i dont own an iron.... :blush: IF something desperately needs doing I give it to my mum lol :rofl:

Did you enjoy your time away?? X

Ah no! I'm an iron FREAK! I don't iron piles of clothes though..just when I need it..

My baby clothes were quite creased and blankets, if I had a tumble dryer I'd shove them in there to get rid of the creases.. works a treat!!

I rolled the clothes instead and hoping that stops them looking like crisps packets.. ha! I'll let you know tomorrow if it's worked when I open it up AGAIN to see ;)

I'm so glad your scan went well and your still team yellow yay!!

A friend who is 36+4 had her little boy 4 days ago... :O how scary..I'm on total edge!

Aw, I had my son at 36+4weeks. Im going to be such a grumpy cow every day after that that I dont go into labour :rofl: x

I have a growth scan today too :D whooooo very excited. Nervous too..

I spoke to consultant about birthing in the birthing centre, they are much nicer and a more relaxed environment, but she said I can't :( she said the neonatal team have been informed and will need to test bubbas thyroid after the birth so need to be in the hospital. Blah! But whatever is best!

Just ordered a TENS machine to use before the pool, I hear alot of good things about them. Also a pain free birth book (LOL)... positive thinking!

So had my growth scan everything was great. Baby estimated at weighing around 5lb 10oz :D couldn't get head measurement as it was too far down she said.

I saw baby breathe! Amazing. And toes wiggling. Poor bubba is SO squished in there at the moment scan was all arms and legs!

Tonight I "lost" what I think was a bit of my plug and have had strong period cramps in my tummy and back since. Who knows eeeek!

Oh how exciting, its starting to feel more and more real now!
Bummer about the birthing centre :( im 'not allowed' either due to my BMI so im in the main hospital, not that I actually mind tho, its all been done up recently and seems quite nice.
I tried a TENS last time but my contractions started super stong so it didnt do anything for me but id imagine if you have a 'normal' labour where contractions build up then it would be quite a nice thing to use.
I *think* I might have lost a tiny bit of plug this morning but im not too sure and babys head is so low now that its uncomfortable to sit down! Iv been convinced im going to go over due this whole pregnancy but the last 2 days have made me rethink that!

Whats the betting iv just jinxed it and im still hanging around mid Oct :haha: xx

What did your plug look like? I had more tonight and so I'm curious to know if it is or not! But I know they can come in many different forms. They are super gross ha...

Lol I hope I go over! Feeling very unprepared tbh!

I've heard the TENS is more of a distraction than a pain reliever and alot rave about it, I hope it works for me before the pool :)

Oh it was deffo plug, I lost a big chunk later on. Its like a big glob of snot. (Mine was clear, but iv heard it can be yellow/green too?) And if your gross enough to touch it like me, its kinda sticky! X

Mine was tinged brown. Today I had some more very sticky in a ball really but clear today.

Sat on sofa watching Mr Bean around 17.30 and felt bubba move and pain on my cervix which I feel quite often lately like sharp pains. So Anyhoo.. bubba moves, I feel a click, I hear a POP.. and out my waters come. On the sofa. Lol! I walk to bathroom and they kept coming and coming, I stepped in it.. Haa! Had to walk back into living room and they were just everywhere which I had to mop up. I called the MW and told me to come in. So yeah.. I was 1cm around 22.30 last night and i've been admitted into a ward. If I don't go into established labour within 24 hours I'll be induced... but doc said he thinks I'll progress alone. He was right. I'm having contractions every 5-7 minutes and they feel all in my lower back and legs..

I'm alone on the ward as can't have partners here until on delivery suite.. how lame!

So anyway ladies... pray for me.. looks like I'm going first!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->