***September Rainbow babies 2013 parenting thread***

Well that's always good news dancer, i aint dieting a such due to breastfeeding but trying to eat fruit and veg when i am peckish rather than going ofr the choc or sweets like i did when pregnant :haha:

I'm coming over :wave: Zachary born sept 6th at 1:23am!!

big hugs danca :hugs:

Chimp u had your baby!?!? I must of missed your post in the other thread...how did your labor begin?

Army - congrats on your little boy.... post some pics, I love seeing the photo's. Love the name too.:thumbup:

Turns out our boys are going to be birthday buddies as I had my bruiser on 6th September at 8:05pm, he was 10lb 3oz and just over 23" long. Turned out my waters had broken either Thursday or Friday we were not sure, but it showed he done a poo inside. Contractions started at about 4ish, got checked at 5pm and they said I was 4cm and wouldn't need a drip to make contractions stronger. Asked for G & A at 7:15pm and then said I needed to push at 7:30pm, midwife checked me and said I was only 6cm and baby was too high, she left the room and came back at about 7:45 where again I said I needed to push, as she walked past she said you can't push... turns out I couldn't stop myself and she quickly said to hubby push the button, push the button... LOL Nothing was going to stop this boy from arriving.. haha :haha:

Hope you feel better soon Dancer, if it's any consolation your in good company, as my hubby told me to shut up earlier as he walked out the room and I burst into tears.... He's been really horrible today :cry:

Wow! Big baby!! No tearing at all?? Thats great!! Yours came out quickly too!

Ive been tryig to post pics but it wont work from hubbys phone and my phone stopped charging. I have a new phone on the way so hopefully have some pics up soon!!

Anyone else bf'ing feeling like a 24/7 human pacifier?! Lol....he is never satisfied . I had to use formula a few times lately because it was getting to be too much and i noticed everytime i supplemented he seemed to nap way longer than normal.

Yes formula is thicker than breast milk so often makes them feel fuller

I wish no tearing... LOL I had 2 x 2nd degree tears and another tear from clit down... lots and lots of stitches later I'm still very sore. And they stitched on G & A, which I can say without a doubt does not numb the area at all...!!!!!

I'm actually considering going to the doctors because it is hurting so much, and my stomach is still sore too, I don't remember it hurting this bad with my other boys.

I gave up breastfeeding last sunday, and since then Dalton has been much more relaxed and sleeping much better.

Still going with bf and expressing a little as well.

Tummy still tender and have been getting he soreness back today that I had in hospital also still taking painkillers every day

My scar has a slight hole In it where it hasn't healed and is weeping slightly, midwife says it is normal !

I'll mention it to her again when she comes on Tuesday

I am expressing here as well as doing formula top ups, I ended up being admitted to hospital again as she lost 11% of her birth weight. They were concerned as she was a tiny baby to start with. All well though, she is now weighing 5lb 14oz so putting it all back on and is above her birth weight.

Hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

Hope you recover soon chimp + dancer :flower:

I am expressing here as well as doing formula top ups, I ended up being admitted to hospital again as she lost 11% of her birth weight. They were concerned as she was a tiny baby to start with. All well though, she is now weighing 5lb 14oz so putting it all back on and is above her birth weight.

I had similar problems with my eldest DS and went back into hosp, started topping up with formula and that did the trick.

Glad your Caitlyn is putting the weight on.

My Caitlin was 7.4 and went down to 6.7 in hosp , 9.9% loss. She has put some back on. She was weighed today and put 1/2 oz since Friday so now 6 lb 12.5 oz.

We've got to keep a close eye on her

Hugs zebra glad all is well now and that Caitlyn is putting on weight

Glad your Caitlin is putting on weight Dancareoi. Hope your back pain settles down.

We were lucky with Maddison she lost 5% the by 10 days was at -2% compared to birth but thrn some how in 3 days she shot to 10lbs which is over birth weight and thst was at just 13 days.

Hope you are also recovering well chimp

I had similar problems with my eldest DS and went back into hosp, started topping up with formula and that did the trick.

Glad your Caitlyn is putting the weight on.

My Caitlin was 7.4 and went down to 6.7 in hosp , 9.9% loss. She has put some back on. She was weighed today and put 1/2 oz since Friday so now 6 lb 12.5 oz.

We've got to keep a close eye on her

It was quite scary, I was a right emotional mess, thought it was my fault and everything. I wasn't so keen on formula but decided it was best :)

Pleased Caitlin is putting on weight now, seems to be quite common babies losing weight in the first few days/week. Hope all carries on going well :flower:

Hugs zebra glad all is well now and that Caitlyn is putting on weight

Glad your Caitlin is putting on weight Dancareoi. Hope your back pain settles down.

We were lucky with Maddison she lost 5% the by 10 days was at -2% compared to birth but thrn some how in 3 days she shot to 10lbs which is over birth weight and thst was at just 13 days.

Hope you are also recovering well chimp

Thank you :flower:

That is great that Maddison didn't lose much and is now shooting up :)

She's getting too big, same problem with chloe it means i dont feel like they are really babies for long :( but i order her wrap today to will be carrying her a lot more soon, to make the most of it why she is little

I know how you mean, they grow up too quick, time is flying. All we can do is make the most of it :)

love your updated piccy zebra, and yes i agree they grow so quickly I mean I can't believe Chloe is 3 in under a month feels like yesterday I was at this stage with her

Thank you :flower: One of the first piccies we got together as a family :)

Wow, not long till she is 3 then. Our pregnancies went quick as well. September already! Soon be Christmas :D

My eldest is almost 12, it doesn't seem a minute since be was starting school, now he's turning into a young man. Where did that time go?

We need to treasure every second.

Wow dancer, not long until he will be a teenager, bless him. Totally agree, we certainly do :D

Hi ladies

I'm coming over. Lucy Pearl Born 9th Sept 8lb 7oz.

Well done Lisa, Army and MTC for keeping with the BF.
Well done everyone else thats expressing and bottle feeding.
As long as our babies are healthy thats all that matters.
BF is hurting and so time consuming. So far I havent topped her up with formula but have expressed in between feeds to let hubby feed her a few times. We also went to the cinema on Saturday night and left her with her Auntie so expressed some milk for then too.
Lucy lost 5oz on day 5 so waiting to see what day 10 brings. If she is still losing I think i will switch to formula as I'm not enjoying bfing and if she isn't thriving from it there is no point in us both suffering.

I dont miss being pregnant as found this pregnancy hard work but i do miss my bump. I soon got my jelly belly back :p I am 6kg lighter than my pre pregnancy weight :)

It went far to quickly though, for us all.

Can't wait to see pics Army. They are all little smashers :) Lucy looks like an Eskimo xxx

Hi ladies

I'm coming over. Lucy Pearl Born 9th Sept 8lb 7oz.

Well done Lisa, Army and MTC for keeping with the BF.
Well done everyone else thats expressing and bottle feeding.
As long as our babies are healthy thats all that matters.
BF is hurting and so time consuming. So far I havent topped her up with formula but have expressed in between feeds to let hubby feed her a few times. We also went to the cinema on Saturday night and left her with her Auntie so expressed some milk for then too.
Lucy lost 5oz on day 5 so waiting to see what day 10 brings. If she is still losing I think i will switch to formula as I'm not enjoying bfing and if she isn't thriving from it there is no point in us both suffering.

I dont miss being pregnant as found this pregnancy hard work but i do miss my bump. I soon got my jelly belly back :p I am 6kg lighter than my pre pregnancy weight :)

It went far to quickly though, for us all.

Can't wait to see pics Army. They are all little smashers :) Lucy looks like an Eskimo xxx

I've been smothering my nipples in lanisoh nipple cream and bathing in pure lavender oil.

My section scar is not quite right , there are 2 little holes which are weeping slightly. As per midwife instructions went to doc today, she took a swab and has given me antibiotics so hopefully all will be ok.

image.jpg

This was taken earlier today

Lovely pics Dancareoi.

We have been quite enjoying breast feeding until this morning where I realised my thrush may have caused Mastitis ss docs didn't prescribe the correct cream that works for me :dohh: Had flu like symptoms from 3pm yesterday thought nothing of it until 3 am where I realised part of my boob was super sore and hot. Looked and they are all signs of mastitis, rang doctors but can't grt in until 4pm

Lovely family pic Lisa. Caitlin is gorgeous and looks like she is doing well.
Eeeek for your scar. Hope it heals soon.

I feel for you MTC, mine are killing me and I dont have mastitis. What did the Dr say?

Lucy hasnt had a poo since Sunday :( the midwife called around and said there wasn't much waste with breast milk and they can go upto 8 days. I'm not looking forward to that nappy!! It's weigh in tomorrow, with not pooing she will probably weigh more than she should lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->