• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***September Rainbow babies 2013 parenting thread***

Had him weighed again and he is now 10lb 9oz... hefty little bruiser.. haha

Mwaah what a great little sleeper she is, Dalton is terrible... sleeps all day long and then up through the night little monkey!

Don't be jealous chimp, it was a one off :wacko: She usually wakes every 3 hours for a feed in the night and they take about an hour each.
Awww I bet you are shattered. xxx

Great news Mwaah, pleased she is doing well, great news!! :)

Thank you. She has a cold now but still seems to be feeding and peeing ok. Pooing is another story. xxx

How is your girl doing Lisa?? How is your scar?? xx

Hi Liss, my scar is starting to heal slowly, the antibiotics are doing their job .

Midwife came yesterday and has discharged is as Caitlin has put on 4oz on 3 days so now weighs 7.3 just 1oz under birth weight.

She has done well the last 2 nights. I have fed her myself from about 8-10 and then topped up with formula. She has settled about 10.30pm and slept til 3 then had a little feed again and settled by 4 then gone through til about 7-7.30!

I think I have sussed the feeding situation. I have changed the bottle teats to number 2 with is the medium flow instead of slow and now he is taking 4-5oz every 4 hours.

I got him registered today as well so that's one more thing off my list.

We're off to Weymouth at the end of next month for a long weekend so very much looking forward to that, as our my boys.

We need to get Caitlin registered, that's hubby's job!

We're off to Saundersfoot in Wales at end of October, so we're all looking forward to that

Great news Dancer, pleased Caitlin is doing well and that you have both been discharged.

Hope you both have a lovely time when you go on holiday, sounds fun :)

Hi ladies

Good to hear about Caitlin Lisa and that your scar is starting to heal. I love holidays, bet the children are excited.

We registered Lucy on Monday as we needed her birth certificate to register her at the Dr's.
She went yesterday and he said to keep an eye on her poo's but she looked healthy and alert and as she feeds loads, he wasn't worried. He gave her drops for her nose and eyes as she is so congested with a cold.
Thats good Dalton is settled now Chimp, 4 hours is fab. I'm still undecided whether to give up on breast. Going to a support group tomorrow and will see if they have any tips.
Lucy is perfect during the day but likes to suckle through the night. My boobs are sore and I'm shattered.
Have a lovely holiday chimp.

How is your Caitlyn doing Zebra? I'm going ot get Lucy weighed at baby clinic on Tuesday.

Ok ladies a question.... when will you or have you DTD yet?? With Benjamin it was 2 weeks and 6 days after his birth. I had a lot more stitches this time and my body feels like it has been in a train crash. OH is already hinting and not very subtly either. xxxx

Hi ladies

Good to hear about Caitlin Lisa and that your scar is starting to heal. I love holidays, bet the children are excited.

We registered Lucy on Monday as we needed her birth certificate to register her at the Dr's.
She went yesterday and he said to keep an eye on her poo's but she looked healthy and alert and as she feeds loads, he wasn't worried. He gave her drops for her nose and eyes as she is so congested with a cold.
Thats good Dalton is settled now Chimp, 4 hours is fab. I'm still undecided whether to give up on breast. Going to a support group tomorrow and will see if they have any tips.
Lucy is perfect during the day but likes to suckle through the night. My boobs are sore and I'm shattered.

How is your Caitlyn doing Zebra? I'm going ot get Lucy weighed at baby clinic on Tuesday.

Ok ladies a question.... when will you or have you DTD yet?? With Benjamin it was 2 weeks and 6 days after his birth. I had a lot more stitches this time and my body feels like it has been in a train crash. OH is already hinting and not very subtly either. xxxx

We haven't DTD yet and to be honest I don't feel up to it yet as scar still healing. Can't remember how long after others.

Caitlin has put on another 4oz since Sunday so is now 7.7 so 3oz above birth weight,

Hi ladies

Glad your little one is looking healthy and alert, good signs. Hope she recovers from her cold soon though.

She is good thank you mwaah, like you we are going to get her weighed at baby clinic, going to be every Thursday though. She is drinking loads, my milk supply can't keep up. Making up for lost time I think.

We DTD on Monday, I stopped bleeding a good few days ago now and I am healed. No problems during it, which was a relief. Take it one step at a time I say, when you're ready.

I've only just stopped bleeding in last couple of days.

My stomach has been bothering me today, just above the scar. It's all numb but sensitive to touch. I stopped taking the paracetemol and ibuprofen last week when I started antibiotics. Have finished them today so took a couple of paracetemol earlier.

Last night Caitlin slept from 10.30 to 4.00 but was then awake until 6.

She is not having as much sleep in the day. She seems to be awake for longer periods, but she's awake she wants milk!

I am expressing about 50ml a day after feeds and she is having approx 50ml of formula at night and at the moment this seems to be working

How's everyone else getting on with feeds and sleeping?

Hello Everyone...

Haven't managed to read everything but hope ur all well and so are ur lil ones.

George hasn't got sleep sussed he sleeps during the day and keeps us up all night. OH isn't coping very well with it but not much can be done :shrug:

He had some problems having a dirty nappy so we took him to the GP last night and he finally managed to do one over night so that's good news.

xx

Congratulations Sannie, George looks adorable!

Had Dalton weighed today and he is 11lb 9oz little porker!

I have no intention of DTD for a long old time lol we waited 6 weeks after our first and longer for the 2nd, be surprised I'd it ever happens again after our 3rd ha ha ha

There's no point DTD if not having more babies!

Thanks Chimp :flower:

Woah Dalton is doing well eh? Cute little chunkster, Lovely name btw :D

no DTD here either...Not sure I want to with my stitches either.
How would one know when they have dissolved? :shrug:

Thanks Chimp :flower:

Woah Dalton is doing well eh? Cute little chunkster, Lovely name btw :D

no DTD here either...Not sure I want to with my stitches either.
How would one know when they have dissolved? :shrug:

Not sure about stitches as had them with first but that was nearly 12 years ago so don't remember! With my third I didn't have any stitches at all.

Second and fourth were section which was one big stitch which midwife takes out after a few days.

Dalton is doing very well.

Angelversary today which hasn't been a bad day as we now have our little rainbow .

Little update on Caitlyn, she now weighs 6lb 10oz from 5lb 14oz :happydance: She is sleeping through the night and eating like a good one during the day. She goes about 8 hours through the night compared to every 4 hours. I can also see a white dot on her gum, looks like a tooth, she seems to gum at my breast, her bottles when I top her up with formula and I have even given her a teething ring which she gnaws on, she held it herself too :cloud9:

Hope we all are doing well :flower:

Sorry I've been awol. Been so busy with both the girls and getting ready to go back to uni one day a week.

No idea how much Maddison weighs we haven't had her weighed since the HV came round and will probably just wait until HV check on the 9th. But she definitely feels a lot heavier.

Both girls are still getting on well together. And Chloe is still obsessed with Maddison,

As for DTD Maddison is almost 5 weeks old and I had a delivery with no stitches and still haven't DTD. Though i am still bleeding.

I've had stitches with all mine, and have always waited for at least the 6 weeks before DTD Sannie, although I'm pretty sure the stitches dissolve within 2 weeks.

Wow zebra sttn??? I'm jealous! My guy eats every 2 hrs still. Starting to go a lil longer for a feed at night.
Zachary is more needy compared to my first . He likes to be rocked to sleep constantly...it's draining!

Wow zebra sttn??? I'm jealous! My guy eats every 2 hrs still. Starting to go a lil longer for a feed at night.
Zachary is more needy compared to my first . He likes to be rocked to sleep constantly...it's draining!

I can't believe it myself, she did wake up last night at 4am but she slept from 6:30pm till midnight as I woke her up, she would have happily slept longer, as soon as I fed her, straight back off. Bless him, I am sure he will get in to a nice little routine soon :flower: Caitlyn likes to be rocked to sleep too, sympathise with you, hurts the back at times :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->