***September Rainbow babies 2013 parenting thread***

Lovely pics dancer, the family one is super cute!

MTC - sorry to hear about the mastitis, hope you heal soon, doesn't sound fun.

Mwaah - Caitlyn was like that for a while, they readmitted us back in to hospital, she pooed while we were there which is sods law :haha: they kept us in over night to help me with breastfeeding. I also expressed and topped her up with formula. The Doctor said it isn't anything to worry about, the midwives overreact I think.

AFM - I am back to breastfeeding here and there now as well as expressing and topping up with formula, my breasts are not as sore so I thought I would give it another go. She is latching on just fine which is good. She is more alert nowadays too, anyone else noticed that in their little ones?

Hello,

Well turns out I was right I have an infection in the lining of my womb, so I'm on antibiotics now which I'm hoping will clear it right up.

It's my hubby's birthday tomorrow, Ibought him lots of rugby stuff from me and boys but unfortunately he doesn't like any of it.. hahahahahan so back it goes! He is going to pick something else out when he gets back from rugby tonight.

It's also our wedding anniversary next Sunday... 7 years! My god that's gone quick.

The midwife came out on Weds as I think they had forgotten about me, and weighed Dalton, he is back up to his birth weight so I'm happy about that. And shows me that it was the right decision to put him on formula.

Got the health visitor and midwife again tomorrow (hope midwife will discharge me now) and then just need to get in some sort of routine with my other 2 boys, at the minute I'm late for everything LOL

Here's some more pic's of my big man Dalton.

The 1st pic is of me, hubby & Dalton in the hospital day after he was born.

The 2nd pic is Dalton after having his first daddy massage.

And the 3rd pic is of my 3 boys having morning cuddles

xx

Attachments

• 1234395_10151579917581059_1097029880_n.jpg
    1234395_10151579917581059_1097029880_n.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1274053_10151589847965981_1384270282_o.jpg
    1274053_10151589847965981_1384270282_o.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 3
  • 555063_10151592715185981_1610897516_n.jpg
    555063_10151592715185981_1610897516_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 3
Gorgeous photos chimp :) Sorry to hear about the infection, hope it clears soon :flower: Pleased Dalton is back up to his birth weight too, relief hey, sure was when Caitlyn went over her birth weight, phew! :)

Dancer only just seen your pics... Gorgeous what a beautiful family you and hubby have created

xx

Lovely pics chimp. Shame he doesnt like his birthday pressies...men pffft.
Sorry about your infection, sounds painful. Hope the anti biotics clear it up soon.

Glad Caitlyn resolved her toilet issue Zebra, I hope Lucy does by tomorrow. I have the midwife and health visitor too. I relented last night and topped her up with formula for her 3am feed. She drank it within 5 mins and went back down for 4 hours....and no pain for my my boobies. I just don't know if I'm going to carry on, I'll see what she weighs tomorrow.
Good luck with the breast feeding.
The midwife said today that Lucy is very alert and is more like a one month old. She even stayed awake for a whole 5 hours yesterday.

Lucy is getting registered on Monday and hubby is going on the birth certificate. Spoke with the registrar and its all legal as we are married.
People are a bit confused by Lucy's dark colourings when they see OH hahaha I just say she takes after my sister lol xxx

Attachments

• Facetime.jpg
    Facetime.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Rio, Banjo & Lucy.jpg
    Rio, Banjo & Lucy.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
Let us know how you get on, hopefully things will have rectified by then :) I was a bit umm about formula but I accepted it in the end, tough decision to make. I am happy at carrying on, soothes my mind she is getting enough. I do give her breast and EBM first before formula, could do it that way maybe?

Great that she stayed awake for a whole 5 hours, it is amazing how intrigued they are at such a young age. Woop for registering Lucy, it is great fun. We registered Caitlyn last week :) More lovely photos, cute!

Went to the doctors and they gave antibiotics for mastitis not fun just hoping they kick in quickly.

The poo thing is really normal Chloe would go ages without a poo. Maddison on the other hand poos the second you change her :haha:

Sorry to hear about the infection chimp hope it clears soon. Wonderful photos.

Good news about getting Dh on the birth certificate hun makes things a lot easier. And lovely pictures

Its been almost 2 weeks since Maddison was weighed will probably pop her down to weighing clinic soon as don't see health visitor til 8 weeks

Hi All.

Writing during night time feed

Chimp, lovely photos, two very proud big brothers there. Hope infection clears up soon.

MTC hope your mastitis sorts itself out

I'm on antibiotics for my section scar as it has 2 little holes that aren't healing and are 'weeping' A little

I'm bf and expressing. Last 2 days she has had 30ml formula

she was weighed yesterday and has put 2 oz on in two days so that's better, takes her to 6.15 still below birth weight of 7.4. Midwife back Sunday.

Health visitor came Monday and did hearing test . Left ear fine. Coming back next wed to recheck right.

Every time she feeds i change pooey nappy but not sure how wet they are

Lovin all the pics!!
Finally got a new phone so here is my zachary

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
One more..sorry it wouldn't let me post them together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Army what a cutie!

Mwaah love the photo with the 2 kiddies and the dog... so cute!

Off to get Dalton's footprints put on pottery today.

That will be nice chimp we did Maddison's in clay the other day.

Congrats Army on your beautiful boy. Nice to finally see the little fella.

I had such a better night last night. I expressed 80mls and warmed it a little and fed young madame at 11pm. She did a poo whilst drinking it :) So changed her and fed her the rest. She went down in her basket just after 11pm. She woke me at 5.19am :) I gave her 4oz of formula and she went straight back down until 9.30am.
The midwife came and she has gone from 8lb 7oz at birth to 8lb 2oz on day 5 and now day 10...... 8lb 11oz!!! no wonder I couldnt fill the little chunk up.
I think I will mix feeds as she seems so much more settled with a full tummy.

Let us know what she weighs MTC. I love going to clinic and seeing all the new babies.

Sounds painful Lisa. I would be a wreck if I saw holes.

We did Banjo's at 11 months so might wait a bit longer to do Lucy's hand print. They are a lovely keepsake though.
xxxx

I had health visitor today who tried to check Dalton's hearing, but for some reason the computer wouldn't work on his right ear, so she is coming back on Monday to try again.

Had him weighed again and he is now 10lb 9oz... hefty little bruiser.. haha

Mwaah what a great little sleeper she is, Dalton is terrible... sleeps all day long and then up through the night little monkey!

Because Caitlin is still off her birth weight they has said she needs feeding every 3 hours, so if she doesn't wake I have to wake her. Although I haven't been doing that in the night but last night she woke 3 times.

Health visitor did her hearing the other day, fine in left ear but struggled with right one so has to try again next week.

Midwife coming again Sunday so hopefully Caitlin will have put enough weight on, she was 7.4 born, went down to approx 6.7 on hosp and was approx 6.15 the other day.

Lovely photos Army :flower:

Congrats Army on your beautiful boy. Nice to finally see the little fella.

I had such a better night last night. I expressed 80mls and warmed it a little and fed young madame at 11pm. She did a poo whilst drinking it :) So changed her and fed her the rest. She went down in her basket just after 11pm. She woke me at 5.19am :) I gave her 4oz of formula and she went straight back down until 9.30am.
The midwife came and she has gone from 8lb 7oz at birth to 8lb 2oz on day 5 and now day 10...... 8lb 11oz!!! no wonder I couldnt fill the little chunk up.
I think I will mix feeds as she seems so much more settled with a full tummy.

Let us know what she weighs MTC. I love going to clinic and seeing all the new babies.

Sounds painful Lisa. I would be a wreck if I saw holes.

We did Banjo's at 11 months so might wait a bit longer to do Lucy's hand print. They are a lovely keepsake though.
xxxx

Great news Mwaah, pleased she is doing well, great news!! :)

Because Caitlin is still off her birth weight they has said she needs feeding every 3 hours, so if she doesn't wake I have to wake her. Although I haven't been doing that in the night but last night she woke 3 times.

Health visitor did her hearing the other day, fine in left ear but struggled with right one so has to try again next week.

Midwife coming again Sunday so hopefully Caitlin will have put enough weight on, she was 7.4 born, went down to approx 6.7 on hosp and was approx 6.15 the other day.

Let us know how she gets on dancer, I had to feed Caitlyn every 3 hours too, which is what I did often anyways and she started to put on weight so I think it will be ok :)

Had him weighed again and he is now 10lb 9oz... hefty little bruiser.. haha

Mwaah what a great little sleeper she is, Dalton is terrible... sleeps all day long and then up through the night little monkey!

Don't be jealous chimp, it was a one off :wacko: She usually wakes every 3 hours for a feed in the night and they take about an hour each.
Awww I bet you are shattered. xxx

Great news Mwaah, pleased she is doing well, great news!! :)

Thank you. She has a cold now but still seems to be feeding and peeing ok. Pooing is another story. xxx

How is your girl doing Lisa?? How is your scar?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"