• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Had a horrible afternoon today. Was feeling fine and was sitting in the car waiting for my son to finish at his football when I got a sudden cramp and pain in my lower back which spread to side. Tried a few stretches but it continued. Stood up and went in to collect my son and started seeing stars and feeling hot and faint.
Ended up fainting. Was given a seat, water and something sugary and the faintness cleared. Pain still remained.

Midwife said probably a muscle spasm which is common and will take a few hours to clear.

Pain is now clearing now I'm lying down with a hot water bottle but was so scared.

Baby moving away and nice and loud on the doppler. I'm feeling movement too

Can't remember the last time I fainted. Just so scary.

Hope you've all had better days than me!

That sucks Joybell! I've come close to fainting a couple of times on the stuffy, overcrowded subway and I get spasms in my right abdominal sometimes but it only lasts a few seconds. What happened to you sounds scary :( was it hot out? Hope it doesn't happen again and glad you are starting to feel better now

Wasn't hot just normal Scotland! So odd. Pain subsided after an hour or two but then came back for a short time on other side then spread across back. Actually felt more like trapped wind by then. Feeling quite a few pops and airbubbles when moving around.

Still not feeling entirely conformable but wouldn't say in pain massively right now.
Hoping to be able to catch a few hours more sleep and wake up feeling normal

Thanks

My anomaly scan is today!
I have been told to take a week off work and have been given lots of support to deal with my anxiety. They think it is delayed PTSD after what happened with my son. I have a 2 hour assessment with a mental health team on Wednesday to diagnose and then see about treatment. My midwife is keen to nip it in the bud now so it doesn’t turn into PND later on. I’m exhausted and work is so stressful at the moment so I accepted taking a week off.
I’m so nervous and excited about the scan.

Good luck for everyone with scans! I have mine on Tuesday and I’m terrified. I just want everything to be okay.

20 weeks today! I’m glad I got past the 19 week but still scared until they’ve confirmed he’s growing okay and his heart is okay.

Still not feeling much in the way of movement :( it sucks as i just want to feel regular movement to know he’s okay! But at the moment it’s hit and my miss wether I feel him in the evenings. I think a combination of my placenta placement and 2 c sections has done it! I really hope soon it gets stronger and more obvious. I can hear him on the doppler and his heart rate it always between 130-150 so I know he’s okay, but I don’t want to keep using the Doppler, especially as it’s really not working so great now.

Argh!!!!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. We had our anatomy scan this week & baby girl looks perfect! <3 How much weight has everyone gained so far?? I'm at 12 lbs. My doc said it's within normal range, but I am not sure how I feel about it!

My scan went really well and I also braved a visit to the SCBU. It was emotional but felt right.
Baby girl was looking amazing, scratching her head with her foot, yawning massively and wriggling so much!

Snowbunny, I&#8217;m 7lb up at 19 weeks. With Finlo I was up about 17lb by now, but that was ivf meds too. I&#8217;ve gained the low end of normal and keep fluctuating. I&#8217;ve definitely not had the appetite I had with him but I&#8217;m surprised I&#8217;ve not gained more yet. I use this chart: https://www.calculator.net/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator.html

Attachments

• A5C2DB0A-3F85-4CC6-82E3-3F3CC3FB05D9.jpg
    A5C2DB0A-3F85-4CC6-82E3-3F3CC3FB05D9.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 5543F794-689A-4786-B475-07CF68CB05E7.jpg
    5543F794-689A-4786-B475-07CF68CB05E7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 6
Joybell: I hope those fainting spells pass. I have very dizzy moments as well but never have I fainted.

LilFooshFoosh: If you could put a little pink stork baby by my name on Sept. 29 I'd love it :) how's everything going?

Elliecain: So glad things are going well!

CookieDough: Fx'd everything is perfect come Tuesday.

Snowbunnie: I've lost 3lbs since becoming pregnant. With all the vomiting it's very hard to gain anything.

Joybell: That sounds so scary, hope you're feeling better now. Better keep something sugary and a bottle of water in the car or in your purse just to be on the safe side. Although I really do hope I doesn't happen again.

Snowbunny: I have lost 4.4lbs since I became pregnant. With all the nausea and vomiting it's been impossible to keep much in, but I have been doing better these last couple of weeks so hopefully I start picking up some lbs soon.

LilFoosh: Thanks for the update on the front page :hugs:

Joybell that sounds really scary! Hope it doesmt happen again for you!

Cookie good luck with your scan! Elliecain and snowbunny glad your scans went well!

Snowbunny I have gained 2kg which is about 4.4 pounds according to google lol. I didnt have any vomiting or a whole lot of mornng sickness but my weight has been weird i gained some then it went back down lower then pre preg weight 2 weeks ago then started coming back a bit last week haha. I do have a lot of loose BM due to my IBS lately so it could be that.

Can anyone tell me if this sounds like braxton hixks contractions or something else? For the last 10 days or so i occasionally get this weird strong tightening of my lower tummy. Its usually when i bend over or something that seems to set it off. If i stop what im doing and sit for a min it goes away fine but if i keep bending or walking etc it goes away too but leads on to really bad stretching pains on my lower tummy.

I also getting bad stretching pains on my lower tummy when i walk more then about 100 metres straight without stopping.

Snow&Ellie I’m glad your scans went well!

I hope your better now Joybell, that sounds scary!

Definitely could be BH Lightning! :)

Sounds like it could be braxton hicks and round ligament pain, I get it occasionally. It isn&#8217;t nice but normal. Talk to your midwife though if you&#8217;re concerned.

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. I&#8217;m really nervous! I shouldn&#8217;t be as I&#8217;ve been feeling little kicks and prods every so often (nothing consistent or massively obvious) but at least I know he&#8217;s okay in there. I&#8217;m just dreading any bad news. Trying to stay calm and relax until afterwards x

Congrats Snow and Ellie on the good scans. Good luck with yours tomorrow Cookie!

We had a bit of a rough weekend, it was action packed and I feel like I need time off to recover! Next weekend is looking like it will be just as bad, so hopefully we are able to keep the week night activities to a minimum. I do not have a Thursday appointment this week as my anatomy scan is booked for the 8th, and everything has been pretty consistent everyone figures I'll be ok. I'm feeling pretty positive as well, so fingers crossed we don't get taken off-guard.

I hope everyone else is well!

Good luck Dani :flow:

Aw LilFoosh, mine is the 8th too and I’m so excited but yet nervous for it! I hope you get some time to relax in between busy weekends!!

OH has felt baby move a couple of times now!! Absolutely amazing. I managed to also catch baby moving on video &#128525; were super excited to find out for sure the gender (were 95% convinces we’re having a boy!) so we can start buying more clothes. Atm I’m buying mostly grey/white :) we’ve bought nothing big yet though just a few vests, sleepsuits & a nursing pillow. Looking forward to getting the travel system, next2me crib & swing over the next couple of weeks!

Good luck with your scan today Cookie! I'm sure all will be fine and lovely that you're feeling him move :)

How are we all coming up for or past the half way stage?? I feel like this is going much quicker than the last time!

We have our 20 week scan on 11th, at 21 weeks - still sticking firmly team yellow!

Sorry I'm not on her to catch up as often as I would like - I can't get onto the site from work, which is where I'd normally catch up during conference calls ;)

Did the FB group get started? Apparently that is okay for IT security, just not BnB! Would love to be part of it if someone can tell me how x

Yeah we have a fb group Alice, if you wanna add me as a friend on there I can add you to it.
Facebook.com/aimdirectfire
Should link you to my profile :)

Glad everyone is getting on OK. Loads of scans happening and coming soon. Mine is on Friday - fingers crossed!

I've had a few dizzy spells since that horrible day last Thursday. Nothing major but still noticeable. Was doing the weekly shop today and felt dizzy and yuck, had to sit down and eat a banana. I'm wondering if it's blood pressure or low iron or something.

My husband is worrying about me and wants to call midwife to see if she can check my blood pressure and maybe do a blood test. He feels I shouldn't be feeling this crappy so early, I didn't with my first. I'm anxious about calling and making a nuisance but I guess I really just need to call.

Big worry in my head because of the dizziness is pre eclampsia or something but I've got no swelling and so forth.

Anyway sorry for the ramble! Just wanted to get it off my chest!

So I got to see my midwife yesterday and it was nice and reassuring.
Baby fine, strong heartbeat and lots of movement. She found leukocytes in my urine so is sending away for tests for infection. She also took blood to test for iron levels and kidney function. Suspects anaemia or similar as its apparently quite common around 20weeks. Fingers crossed its something easy and resolvable!
Should find out in a few days.

Amytrisha-so lucky your partner has felt the baby already! I've had a few random strong kicks but husband not been quick enough. Soon hopefully.

Was your scan OK cookie?

My scan was good, baby is fine! Got to go back in 2 weeks as he was moving too much and in a bad position for the heart and stomach checks. Although the whole experience wasn&#8217;t great, I was left angry and confused.

So I spent a lot of time the last couple of days thinking over what happened at my scan on tuesday, well after my scan, and I&#8217;m actually really angry about it all! This is my 4th baby so I know how things are supposed to go. I&#8217;ve been left with 2 more months until I see a midwife next, that&#8217;s unacceptable!! I didn&#8217;t have my urine checked, blood pressure checked, speak to a consultant. Nothing! I&#8217;m supposed to be going back in at 36 weeks (which is organised at the 20 week appointment) for my pre c section booking and testing etc but don&#8217;t know when that&#8217;s gonna happen now! And I didn&#8217;t get my MatB1 so hubby is gonna have to wait a bit longer to book paternity leave (which has to be done in the next 3-4 weeks max!).
So I&#8217;ve sent an email to the supervisor of midwifes at the hospital and hopefully someone will get back to me. What do you think?

&#8220;Hello,

I&#8217;m not sure if this is the best place to write this, and I will be contacting the maternity department directly also, however I feel this needs to be escalated.

Yesterday morning I had my 20 week anomaly scan at Lincoln County Hospital and was looking forward to speaking to a midwife regarding some concerns I had. Also to gain some reassurance as I had a 20 week loss last year.

However, after being called in for my scan I was left even more anxious and worried than before I went in! The sonographer did her best but my baby was laid in a funny position so the heart and stomach could not be seen properly and a re scan was scheduled for 2 weeks time. But I could have done with some extra explanation and reassurance from someone as this is obviously a very sensitive time for me.

I sat and waited, expecting to have my urine sample taken from me and tested and then to be called in to see a midwife to have my blood pressure checked and concerns addressed etc, but this is not what happened!!! I was moved to a separate ward (which I am told is normal for that day) and then basically forgotten about! The immunisation midwife came in, found my notes and told me I could have my whooping cough vaccine and then leave. I questioned about talking to a midwife to be told that they don&#8217;t do that any more and I would see my community midwife at my next appointment with her, in 8 weeks time!!!!

This is unacceptable in my opinion. For anyone to have to wait that long without seeing a midwife (16-28 weeks) but especially for someone who has suffered such a late loss!

So now I&#8217;m having to take a urine sample in to my doctors to be tested as I suffer frequent infections, and having to chase up the MatB1 that was supposed to be given to me and wasn&#8217;t so that maternity/paternity leave can be organised on time!!!

I&#8217;m absolutely disgusted with the way the whole thing happened, and I left the hospital in tears. Reading my notes when I got home bought up so many questions that I had to seek reassurance from a private midwife/sonographer to stop me having a full blown anxiety attack.

I feel this practice needs to change as it&#8217;s unacceptable.

Thank you.

From, Danielle Gourlay.&#8221;

We don't see midwifes like you do at the hospital after the scan so I'm not sure what's normal. Assume you know given that this is your 4th!
Are you sure you might not see someone after your rescan?

Either way it all sounds unacceptable for someone who has a straight forward history never mind yours.
I hope you hear back soon.

Joy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"