• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Good luck with the rescan Foosh and good luck today Peonies!!

I’m dreading the sleepless nights! Fin didn’t sleep through til around 2 years and even then had the odd night. I always wondered if it was because I breastfed.. I’m gonna breastfeed this time too so hopefully not lol!
Fin starts schools a couple of weeks before baby is due so we’ll have 9am-3pm for naps if needs be!

I have a re scan on Tuesday as they couldn’t get everything at mine either, he was in a funny position the whole time, typical!

Don’t worry Amy, I breast fed both of mine exclusively and both had completely opposite sleeping patterns so it’s definitely not down to breastfeeding. I’ll be breastfeeding again also. My babies have cmpa and reflux so I have to breastfeed wether I like it or not haha! I’ve alwats wanted too as that’s what’s best for me, however even if i didn’t I wouldn’t have a choice lol!

I’ve been having extra bad anxiety lately :( I’ve felt more movement which is awesome, however as soon as I don’t feel any for ages I get panicky and am running for my doppler. I just can’t wait until he’s bigger and I can feel all his movements behind my placenta as at the moment if he turns into my placenta I can’t feel a thing :(

Hi Ladies! Sorry I have been so out of the loop! had some health things for me (not the baby) that my doctor really scared me with but thankfully everything is fine!

We had our 20 week scan and baby is a healthy Boy!!! i also have an anterior placenta but little one is super active so I've felt a couple kicks and movements!

love seeing everyones scans! hope everything is well!

Anyone pick out baby room themes yet? its so hard to decide!

I have a re scan on Tuesday as they couldn’t get everything at mine either, he was in a funny position the whole time, typical!

My baby is in probably the worst position possible, the US tech kept letting me know...he is transverse and back to back, he's also got his face squished into the placenta (anterior and low still) :dohh: He's been in this same position the whole time, just flipped which side his head was on once.

Amytrisha, mine were both bf and, like I said, both were excellent sleepers. I put it down to my husband's genes- he sleeps like a log and is out within 5 mins of his head hitting the pillow (2 of his 3 sisters are the same). I, on the other hand, am a terrible sleeper!

Glad everything turned out OK Beach! We're keeping our room neutral, it's a medium gray colour atm. I'm thinking of just adding soft gray and cream coloured accents.

This one is going to be sharing with my youngest so only gets half a room haha! But each of our children have animals and themes based on that. So our oldest is a dinosaur and has a green theme. Our daughter is a bumblebee so has a yellow and black theme. And this little man is a lion so an orange theme :)

Hi Ladies! Sorry I have been so out of the loop! had some health things for me (not the baby) that my doctor really scared me with but thankfully everything is fine!

We had our 20 week scan and baby is a healthy Boy!!! i also have an anterior placenta but little one is super active so I've felt a couple kicks and movements!

love seeing everyones scans! hope everything is well!

Congrats on the boy!:happydance:

We've had our themes picked out pretty much from the start, so we're already done painting. Little Skyler's room is damn near done, light grey (elephants) with turquoise accents.

Hubby felt baby kick for the first time on Friday evening and his face was priceless. This is our first so we're enjoying every moment, even the mood swings and sickness:dohh:. It'll all be worth it in the end

Okay so a little tmi maybe..... sex!

I’m absolutely petrified! In missionary I’m scared the baby will get squashed, spooning is very uncomfortable and in doggy I’m terrified something’s gonna happen to him from the vigorous shaking back and forth lol!

But in all seriousness, I full on burst into tears this morning when DH tried to have sex with me. He’s getting angry with the lack of it but I’m just too scared to do it. With losing albie and then all the spotting etc I had at the beginning of this one I’m just thinking of the worst case scenario.

My anxiety is very high anyway but I think if we had sex and then baby moved into a position I couldn’t feel kicks (which he does a lot) then I’d end up driving myself crazy wth panic.

I’m also angry with DH for being angry with me! I feel like he should understand and be patient, not huff and puff and swear etc when I turn him down. I’ve explained my fears and he thinks it’s silly as he doesn’t believe anything will happen, but I’m scared it will :(

He definitely shouldn’t be angry with you over it :nope:
Maybe speak to your midwife for some reassurance if that’d help?
We’ve not been having it as much but when we do it’s either missionary but him upright so he’s not actually lay on me or doggy. I’ll only do it if he’s just out of the bath too :lol:

We’re not doing a nursery. We did with fin and he stayed in our room til he was almost 2 :haha: so not wasting the time this time!
We’re currently decorating though our living room, think I’m nesting. I want so much doing to the house so it’s all fresh for when we have a new baby here. When I say we are decorating I obviously mean OH. Me and fin have spent most of the time outside or upstairs out of the way!

On Saturday night, pretty much right after my last comment, I felt baby flip! :haha: typical child. Pretty sure he is head down now and I'm finding his hb with the Doppler right in the middle at the bikini line, so that seems to back up my suspicion. It was the weirdest feeling and woke me up from a dead sleep, then I had immediate heartburn and nausea while he settled. :dohh:

Cookie, that's unfortunate that he's getting upset. You have to weigh the risks and be able to live with yourself if something did "happen" afterwards. With our loss I found it very difficult not to blame myself, even though I know I didn't do anything wrong, I couldn't have prevented it and I did everything I could to try to save him. That is where I take comfort. If I *had* done something I wasn't totally comfortable with and then I'd gone into labour, I don't know how I would be able to live with myself. My DH looks at things the same way- if I'm not comfortable with it he isn't going to push because if the worst did happen he would feel like it was his fault. Maybe he just needs to look at things from a different angle? Or maybe you could come to a compromise that you are both ok with (that doesn't necessarily involve penetration)?

Hey ladies. Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a wonderful time celebrating Mother's Day and my son's First Eucharist yesterday. The rest of the weekend was preparing for it. I made my first "from scratch" cake- and it turned out great. I made it cross shaped, and double layer (without a cross shaped pan)!!

I don't know what the correct transition is to go from First Communion to sex with DH... so I will just jump into it :lol:

Cookie, I have found that I am most comfortable with me on top.. that way I am in control of how fast or slow we go. We haven't had as much as prior to being pregnant, but we are still pretty active. Honestly I have found that I sleep WAY better if we have sex, so that is another incentive.

However, I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't comfortable, and DH should NOT be getting upset with you over it. I think what Foosh said about a compromise may be an option for you, I know no one likes to, but oral may be an option?? Just my 2 cents. But I would also talk to your midwife and see what she suggests... and for real, you have to be comfortable or its not enjoyable, and what fun is that for either partner. I hope he comes around. (no pun intended)

I also breastfed Finlo (only just weaned at 14.5 months due to the colostrum) and he didn’t sleep through until 8 months but now does 12/13 hours straight. I hope Kirree is as good!
We don’t have sex when I’m pregnant as I mc my first the day after a vigorous session so we are both too scared. I then lose my libido for a few months so we know we are set for another dry year. It went OK last time so I’m not too worried!!!

Ah all those rooms sound so cute! And skyler is such a cute name! We are thinking Logan Alexander for our little man. It’s DH’s Grandfathers middle name and my fathers middle name together so it has meaning too ;)

As for the sex situation so not ok for him to get upset about! I think the compromise idea is a good!

DH and I are currently handling the baby room issue. He thinks it’s a good idea to move ds from his room and redo that one.. however we would be moving ds to current office. So why not just move baby to the office? Why make things complicated. BTW, ds has a huge bed that has dresser and storage underneath so would need completely taken apart to move and then set back up. Just seems so much easier to put baby in the current office. I am trying to convince him.

We are going with grey/white then when the babes is born we will add either pink or teal accents. I found super cute bedding with animals and chevrons on Amazon and just fell in love! Fitting for either boy or girl... although I’m really starting to think this is a boy... just getting that feeling.

In other news... the heat and humidity are going up and that makes me so uncomfortable. Hoping the whole summer isn’t like this! How is everyone else dealing with summer temps?

mrsc is there a size difference in the rooms? can DH explain why he wants to do it that way? We did end up moving our son into the "empty" (guest) room and our daughter into his nursery room when she was born, but the "big boy bed" was already in the guest room and the crib was already in the nursery, so when we did it, it meant we didn't need to move furniture around! This time we moved our daughter into the room with my son (now dubbed the "big kid room") by adding a loft bed over the captains bed that was already in there...both kids got bed upgrades and helped redecorate the room to make it theirs instead of just DS's. The other room remains the nursery. Once the baby is older we will look at the rooming sitch again and likely give DD the nursery room while the boys can share the bigger room. That turned into a long explanation!

Had an appointment yesterday and was very relieved to see that the tech at my anatomy scan had measured short, so cervix is still nice and long...not shortening at a frightening speed! Also got confirmation that baby has sort of turned, but he is on a diagonal and now facing my spine. all in all, good news for the weekend.

Anyone doing anything special? Wedding watchers?

It's been pretty quiet in here lately. I hope everyone is doing well! Cookie, how are you holding up? You had a follow up scan coming up didn't you?

I'm looking forward to getting past viability! Almost there :)

Hey! It has been quite quiet in there of late!

Not long till V day LilFoosh! Will come and go before you know it!

How is everyone holding up, do you think the time is going fast or slow? I feel like its going super quick at the moment in some ways. When I think to myself I am only 25.5 weeks that feels like still have ages to go, then realise that equates to 3 month ends (I do accounts for people) and that doesnt seem like long at all considering I need to train someone to do it for the month that I cant!

Brought a moses basket today so feel like I have done something towards being ready. Want to get things set up but then worry I will have it done too early and then it will drag lol!

Hey! It has been quite quiet in there of late!

Not long till V day LilFoosh! Will come and go before you know it!

How is everyone holding up, do you think the time is going fast or slow? I feel like its going super quick at the moment in some ways. When I think to myself I am only 25.5 weeks that feels like still have ages to go, then realise that equates to 3 month ends (I do accounts for people) and that doesnt seem like long at all considering I need to train someone to do it for the month that I cant!

Brought a moses basket today so feel like I have done something towards being ready. Want to get things set up but then worry I will have it done too early and then it will drag lol!

Feels like time is flying by. I also figured it was going slow at first, but then I realized I've got about 16 weeks to go and if you take into consideration that my second and third scans are 14 weeks apart and it's now only 4 weeks to my next scan then those 16 weeks are going to fly right by as well.:happydance:

I know how you feel about being done too early, we've only got to get a stroller and then we have everything we need for baby Skyler. I try not to go into the nursery as often, because then I sit in there for a little while and expect hours to be past:dohh: but it's nice to be done early because then if you did forget something it's not too late to get it

So far I've felt like it was going slow, but I'm enjoying it as this is my last. This is the first time I have been wishing away the time. I also feel like it's going to speed up now as the weather is getting hotter here and summers always seem to go by quickly!

We have some stuff but, since we were undecided on how many kids we were having, we gave away most of our baby stuff after DD was born. I've only bought a few small things though as we know 4 people who've had babies in the last year and have offered us items, it's just a matter of collecting. I totally want to buy ALL the things!! :haha:

We have some stuff but, since we were undecided on how many kids we were having, we gave away most of our baby stuff after DD was born. I've only bought a few small things though as we know 4 people who've had babies in the last year and have offered us items, it's just a matter of collecting. I totally want to buy ALL the things!! :haha:

Same here... We've been fortunate enough that we only bought three tracksuits and one Babygro, but baby's closet is stocked since my sister, sil and three of my friends have dropped off boxes of baby clothes. The amount of clothes that little man has at the moment is insane. It almost makes me jealous, I wish I had that much clothes:haha:

Oh yeah we are the same with the amount of clothes we have, we got given heaps when we had the other kids and have held on to everything till sure we are done (this is definitely the last one). Unpacked the clothes on the weekend and this girl has more onsies that any one person could ever wear! its insane!

Its weird hearing you all talk about summer coming and nicer weather, we are entering winter here and have had a week of thunderstorms and hail. I dont mind though, I like the hunkering down and keeping warm part of winter, plus ours are mild compared to most around the world. We don't even get snow where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->