~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Joybell - for me it was like a flat soft drink with wayyy too much sugar in it. Which made it taste thick texture cause that much glucose couldnt dissolve properly.

Ursuala - i think it was like 75grams sugar/glucose whatever it is in maybe a 150 or 200ml bottle? It wasnt huge but was so grossly sweet :sick:

Waiting2c - so sorry to hear you failed yours. Dunno if it helps but one of my midwives told me the fasting level is based on your hormones and the ones after the drink are based on your diet, so passing the ones after the drink show your diet is good but unfortunately the fasting one is hormones so is hard to control. I only just made it with the fasting one.

My usual midwife had a look at my early GTT results at my last antenatal appt this week (she was away at previous one) and she said looking at the levels she will be extremely surprised if i pass next time :nope: as the results are higher than most ladies :( really dont wanna get diagnosed!

Mickels - sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad they caught it early! And yay for seeing bub again! Good to hear that your little one is growing so well too. All the best with your appointment today hope it goes well!

So the appointment went better than expected, seems like the preeclampsia medication is working which is good. I got to listen to baby's heartbeat for about 30 minutes which was really cool, he was also really active this morning during my appointment. Thank you so much for all the kind words and the well wishes regarding my appointment today :hugs:

I’m glad your appointment went well Mickels!

The GTT sounds awful. Sorry you failed it Waiting :hugs: my
Friend has GD and is managing it well, she’s due this month.

AFM I claimed things were uneventful and jinxed myself lol. Past few nights I’ve had horrendous pains at the top of my bump, going into the top of my back and what feels like my heart. Dr had me in for an emergency apt today to have a feel incase of gallstones but she’s quite happy it’s not my gallbladder. She thinks it’s indigestion.. Who knew it could feel like that?!?! I legit thought I was having a heart attack. I’m good with pain, I birthed Fin with not one drop of pain relief yet I was in absolute hysterics from the pain last night. 4 hours it went on for. Anyway, she’s given me some medication and has got me in for a blood test on Wednesday to check if anything is underlying and causing it.
I never knew it could be so bad, never had it before! She said she’s heard of people ringing ambulances their indigestion has been so bad :lol:
Fingers crossed the meds work.

Glad your appointment went well Mickels and that the medication is helping things!

Lightning, thanks for that info, that does help me understand things a bit better. Want my referral appointment to come up so I can get a handle on things. When do you have your next one?

Amytrisha - that sounds horrid! Hope the meds work and stop you having that pain!

AFM, still battling away with this virus, not sure if I should get seen again or just wait it out, been taking prednisone for 3 days now and still coughing up a storm, so much it really hurts now so think I have pulled a muscle.
Have a fetal MRI appointment on the 26th June which is worrying me, long story, short version - my son is special needs due to his brain not growing properly, no one has been able to prove why, if genetic or anomaly. If it is genetic there could be as high as 25% chance recurrence so they check the brain as soon as its grown enough to see on imaging. My girl was fine and I am hoping that this girl is all good too.

Amytrisha: That sounds scary, hope the meds work and nothing underlying is causing it.

Waiting: I'm battling a virus too, but I've already been on antibiotics twice in the last couple of weeks so I'm riding it out now. Hope everything goes well with the MRI on the 26th :hugs:

AFM: My due date is now officially the 26th of September after Tuesday's U/S. I hate that I have to wait another 12 days for bubba's arrival, but the possibility of a C-section is now higher because of the preeclampsia, so we might meet bubba earlier than expected

Hope everyone else is doing well

I hope all goes well waiting! Must be worrying but try to keep busy to distract yourself :hugs:

Amy: I’ve had gallstones and the pain sounds exactly like what you’re describing. I was fobbed off with indigestion and heartburn and trapped wind for months until I finally demanded an ultrasound and they found the stones. They can’t rule it out without an ultrasound so please insist on one! The pain was worse than labour, I would spend hours at a time during an attack laying on the floor crying and begging for help, until I would vomit and pass out. The pain was mostly on my right side, top of bump area all the way round toy right shoulder blade area. And I would have bad stomach ache where I felt like I was so bloated I would explode. It was honestly the worst few months as the pain would just come on and there was nothing I could do to stop it. In the end I had to basically overdose myself on zapain and wine until I was so woozy the pain was tolerable and my husband would hold a scalding hot water bottle on my right side just to try and help.
I switched my diet around and stopped eating anything with grease or fat etc and that helped a lot!

So yeah, sorry that was so long but I spent months ensuring debilitating pain because I was just fobbed off and not tested properly, and I would hate to see someone else go through the same thing!

Afm: I had my GTT yesterday and passed :) little monkey still has times where he hides behind my placenta and scares the crap out of me for hours at a time! I have my next midwife appointment in 2 weeks but It’s just a checking blood pressure, blood tests etc one so nothing fancy or exciting unfortunately!

I passed my GTT too. Nice that we are all having the same things at the same time :)

Feeling my baby kick under my ribs and at same time bumping down low near my cervix. She must be really stretching out her legs to achieve that!

Ah don’t say that Dani!
To be fair the pain isn’t on one side for me, I know it’s common for gallstones to cause right sided pain but this is genuinely everywhere and starts in the middle always so I’ve never pinned it to just one side but if these pills don’t work I’ll 100% be demanding a scan because I can’t keep going through it it’s truly horrific! Bit worried now lol! X

So glad you passed your GTT ladies! X

Waiting- i am supposed to do the GTT test again asap. Ill probably do it in 2 weeks time its a bit difficult cause i work 5 days n cause it takes 2 hours amd must be first thing in the morning i have to do it on a Saturday. So i need to find a saturday that im not busy haha!
Hope your scan goes well for babys brain, praying all goes well for you! And that your virus goes away soon!

Amy - that sounds horrible I've never heard of indigestion feeling like that either. Hope the meds work for you!

Joybell - mine has been doing that for a couple weeks too! Makes me worried if its that long already how big will it be when i have to push it out hahaha! :wacko:
It feels sooooo weird when it kicks the cervix feels like its gonna bust out!

Congrats to all those who have passed their GTTs!

Anyone else got bad heartburn? Mine is so awful at the moment, though pretty much only while i am at work! It feels like my throat is literally on fire and the only thing that helps is chewing gum! :nope:

Thanks Lightning for the glucose information.

In terms of gallbladder, I had mine removed just over a year ago. I agree the best way to see the stones is by ultrasound. However, even if you have stones they will unlikely remove it unless it is also inflamed/rupturing. The pain I had started everywhere. Within a week it narrowed down to the top right and top middle. If you have pain along the entire top I was told it's more likely pancreatic problems. I hope you figure it out soon! Very painful!

AFM: We had our intense heart ultrasound the other day (due to medications I need to be on throughout pregnancy). They spent over 30 minutes just watching the heart. After they were satisfied they checked the entire body and other organs. Baby is perfect and everything is measuring on time. Except her legs. Her legs have grown 3 weeks AHEAD of schedule. Is it normal to have one measurement out there? What does it mean?

Yeah I’ve had the pain several times and it’s never been right sided, just in the middle/all over. My MIL thinks it could be an ulcer but the tablets the dr prescribed treat those too so hopefully as long as it’s nothing worse I won’t be in anymore pain.

Ursaula, I’m glad the US seemed since but I wouldn’t worry too much regarding leg measurement if they weren’t worried :) baby may just be tall lol!

Hope everyone else is well!

Hello Ladies... Well I have been off this board for a while haven't I? I missed so much and will try to get through everything sometime soon. We are doing great over here, at the last U/S we are at about the 76th percentile for growth which is much lower than the 99th we were during the 20 week scan! I have another scheduled for 3 Jul and then 14 Aug. GTT was normal so that is a relief for us.

Next apt is Friday and I have been going every 2 weeks now. They basically just check my urine, listen to the baby's heart and go over any concerns.

I get to talk to them about vacation this Friday. We have a scheduled trip to the beach 23 Jun - 1 Jul, and I am hoping they bless off on my traveling the 12 hours away. From what I know, as long as I am stopping to walk every couple of hours, there should be no issues. My BP and baby have been completely normal this pregnancy and I don't have any history of issues with my other children. Fingers crossed they don't tell me NOT to travel!! I really need the vacation.

Also, have my breast pump ordered through our insurance, so thankful for that. I am really hoping to be able to breast feed with this little one. I had issues in the past, but I was much younger then and just gave up too easily I think.

I will try to get back and read everyones progress.

Mickels, it does suck when they move your date around! Due dates are tricky because there are implications to moving them (too early, too late, needing intervention etc).

Cookie, it sounds like you are doing a little better and more relaxed now. Glad everything is going well this time! :hugs:

Lightning, I have wicked heartburn. It started a couple of weeks ago. My doctor said there are lots of safe options and not to suffer in silence. I got it bad last time too, and apparently (again according to my doctor) the bad symptoms tend to get worse with subsequent pregnancies :dohh: I'm taking ranitidine tablets when I need too and they work most of the time.

Ursula, are you and/or DH tall? DH is almost 6' and I'm 5'9", our first was 22 or 23 inches long when he was born. They kept telling us he'd be over 10 lbs, but he came out 7 lbs 14oz- just longer than average. He and this lo both measured ahead in the legs. We just make long babies :)

Amy, I hope the meds have kicked in and are making things more bearable! Also hope it's not gallstones!! one of my gfs had gallstones when she was pregnant with her first and it was seriously no fun...made the birth seem like a walk in the park though

AFM- Doing well over here. I have another 1.5 to 2 weeks of busy season left then I can start training people to take over for me! I looked at our mat policy the other day (thank goodness!) and saw that I only have 1 week left to submit my forms to qualify for the company's top up pay...which also then pointed out that I only have ~12 weeks left before this bubba is here! AH

I have my GTT next week, I also got bumped to biweekly (instead of weekly) appointments, so I'm looking forward to having a few weeks that I don't have to sit in a waiting room.

And lastly- am I the only one that has trouble peeing in those little cups they give you for urine samples? I'm a grown ass woman and I always manage to get pee on my hand. Why can't I figure this out?

Starting to think my pain is caused by white bread as it’s the only pattern I can see.. had my blood test today anyway.

No your not the only one LilFoosh 😂 theyre a nightmare! They should supply a little jug or funnel to go with it :lol:

I have a little yellow funnel that attaches to the bottle and you pee in it. I wa given it last pregnancy but I just wash it and reuse as it’s hard plastic.

Attachments

• 21DFEA80-A019-4FFB-871F-DBFAD2CDA5AC.jpg
    21DFEA80-A019-4FFB-871F-DBFAD2CDA5AC.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 9
OMG that funnel looks awesome! I too have this peeing in a cup troubles!

Hope your GTT goes well Lilfoosh!

Hopefully your bloods give you answers amytrisha!

Hope all you other ladies are doing well! Still feels like in a patch where not much happens, then I realise it will be 11 weeks at maximum till she is here and it feels super close!

Have diabetes clinic this morning, so nervous, hope it all goes okay!

Went ok, now have a monitor to check my sugars four times a day, and a log book to record it all in, plus advice from a dietitian on what changes to make. Will see how things go over the next week before I go back and show them.

Glad it went ok, waiting!

My bloods are back already, I’ve got low iron so I need to collect some iron tablets. Not sure if that’s causing my pain though as that’s all they said.

Hi ladies!

I’ve just returned from our little babymoon getaway! We had a fab time. I totally can’t believe how quick things will go from here! I’m nervous about the GTT test 😳 since I’m due late in the month I haven’t been scheduled for it yet!
Has anyone else dealt with bad leg cramps while waking up? It only happens in the morning while still laying in bed. It starts slow and builds til I end up crying out (poor hubby!) then it goes away. Any idea what causes it or how I can avoid it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->