~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Oh yeah we are the same with the amount of clothes we have, we got given heaps when we had the other kids and have held on to everything till sure we are done (this is definitely the last one). Unpacked the clothes on the weekend and this girl has more onsies that any one person could ever wear! its insane!

Its weird hearing you all talk about summer coming and nicer weather, we are entering winter here and have had a week of thunderstorms and hail. I dont mind though, I like the hunkering down and keeping warm part of winter, plus ours are mild compared to most around the world. We don't even get snow where I live.

Same here... We're entering colder weather as well. I kinda like the fact that I'll have my heavily pregnant months in the winter, because I'm more of a cold weather person. We don't get snow where we live either, but it does get rather cold

Hi everyone, sorry i havent spojen much, I read everything but sometimes dont have a chance to chat haha!

We are heading into winter here too.. the last week the temp has really dropped in the mornings even though its not winter yet! It was 7° celcius when i had to get up for work some of the days. It doesnt get cold enough for snow where i live either but our summers go into the mid 40s in celcius so when it drops below 10 it sure feels cold lol. I love winter though! Apart from that im good at catching every cold that comes around :haha:

Since 20 weeks the time has seemed to slow right down so im hoping it speeds up again lol. Almost at 26weeks now so getting close to that 3rd trimester!

Hubby has finished painting baby room and now we just have to find some more furniture to finish setting it up. We have the cot, change table and a shelf to put toys on and have ordered a chest of drawers. Its quite a big room though so i feel like it needs something else too haha but unsure what!

As to clothes i have a cpl boxes from my sister probably about 50/50 gender neutral and boy stuff cause she had a little boy and a few little outfits i have bought cause they are cute and on sale. Apart from that we will just wait and see what it is before we buy more!

Enjoying feeling baby move pretty much constantly now. Makes me a lot less worried then the first 19/20 weeks! Seems the anterior placenta isnt really affecting the movement anymore as I'm feeling it everywhere, very active little bubba!

That's fun, Lightning! My DH was excited when I said I didn't want to redo the nursery this time :haha: I told him I wanted a new chair though because we were using an antique wood rocker, which is not very comfortable for feeding. So we ordered a gliding recliner the other day, it should be delivered this week!

I like having all of the seasons here, even crummy cold winter days because they make you appreciate the nicer days. It's supposed to feel like 38 degrees here today (that's 100.4 fahrenheit for the US ladies), technically it's only going to get to 32 or 35, though I don't know why they bother to track that as no one cares what the actual temp is if it feels hotter.

I have also started feeling pretty consistent movements, DH & DS have felt the baby too; DD won't sit still long enough, I'm thinking when the baby gets a little bigger she'll catch one.

Well I am undergoing my GTT test now, I have to go straight to the two hour one because my babies have always been big. Have not long had the drink and already feel awful.

Am concerned I will fail it this time as have felt so thirsty lately. Have no idea what happens from here if I do.

Well I am undergoing my GTT test now, I have to go straight to the two hour one because my babies have always been big. Have not long had the drink and already feel awful.

Am concerned I will fail it this time as have felt so thirsty lately. Have no idea what happens from here if I do.

I have to have the two hour one next week, it’s normal practice here now to skip the one hour one. I have had it each time and each time I’ve had several symptoms of GD but never actually had it. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’ll be the same this time :)

My anterior placenta is really starting to get me down, it’s complete fundal anterior so completely covering the front and top and even though I do feel movement, it’s very infrequent. And at 25 weeks i want to be feeling more! I go into panic mode and rip my doppler out when I haven’t felt anything for a few hours. If I rang the assessment centre each time I was concerned about movement I’d never leave there!!! I have a midwife appointment in just over 3 weeks so if the movement hasn’t picked up by then then I’ll see what my options are in regards to extra monitoring etc. Obviously if movements stopped completely then I’d go and get checked.

Argh this whole pregnancy thing stresses me out! I have ANOTHER infection so more anti biotics:( I just want it to be September already! This is my last for definite and I wanted to enjoy it the best I could, but I seem to be more stressed out than ever!

good luck with your GTTs! I think they are pushing mine to 28 weeks, which is fine by me!

Just got back from an echo since they were never able to get clear shots of baby's heart. All clear! Phew- DH said he wasn't worried but got emotional when I messaged him to let him know the doctor said baby's perfect.

Cookie, I get you with the anterior placenta! Mine's the same- in front up to the top. It's hard not to stress but I can usually feel movements lower down and to the sides regularly about 30 minutes after eating. Have you noticed any patterns to the movement you've felt?

LilFoosh it was actually hubby that insisted he wanted to paiint the nursery :haha: i was happy just to get matching furniture and such but it does look nice!

Good luck with your GTT results ladies i had to have an early one due to family history at 18 weeks which i JUSt passed by the skin of my teeth :nope: the first part before drink was only 0.01 under being diagnosed however the two after the drink were totally fine.. MW said unfortunately that means my diet is fine but its my hormones so i will always go borderline under or over :dohh: then i found out if you have to do it early they still repeat it at 28 weeks so i am worried I'll get the borderline over result next time, and i really dont wanna drink that stuff again its awful.. :sick: they only do the 2 hour tests here too, no easy quick one!

Cookie sorry to hear the placentas still blocking so much movement! :nope: Thats so hard i would be going crazy if i couldnt feel it regularly. Such a blessing that you have the doppler though to tell he is still ok! :hugs:

Gosh I hope you dont have to do it again Lightning! It really is the most awful drink, I worked out that there is 18.75 tsp of sugar in it (the one I had anyway). I would never ever ever drink anything with anything close to that much sugar in it. No wonder our bodies hate it!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, we have a long weekend here but I am having to get some work done so its kinda moot anyway lol.

Gosh I hope you dont have to do it again Lightning! It really is the most awful drink, I worked out that there is 18.75 tsp of sugar in it (the one I had anyway). I would never ever ever drink anything with anything close to that much sugar in it. No wonder our bodies hate it!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, we have a long weekend here but I am having to get some work done so its kinda moot anyway lol.

Its a horrible amount of sugar.. i cant even stomach more than half a can of softdrink cause i find them too sweet im really not a sweet drinks sort of person :nope:

Yeah i already have the form to do it again they said everyone needs to do it at 28 weeks regardless of if they had an early one :(

But i spent the whole 2 hours last time trying not to throw up the drink and with reflux with the taste constantly coming back in my mouth so im not looking forward to it especially as my heartburn and reflux and gag reflex are sooooo bad atm i feel like im almost guaranteed to throw it up if not feel even more miserable.. if THAT is even possible :dohh: :nope:

So I am now at 27 weeks and looking at next week going do i book in or do i just forget and put it off a few weeks.. :haha:

Love reading about everyones experiences.

I had strep throat a few weeks back (normal for me as it's chronic). It was the worst I've ever had as it spread to my lungs. My tongue started getting very painful and peeling off! Vitamin A + C deficiency apparently. Everything was healed after treatment for about 3 days and then my tongue started again. I'm on week 2 of more medications to try to calm it down. I'm awake about 3 hours a day.

Point of rant is to get you gals to make sure you're getting all vitamins and amounts needed! I take prenatal vitamins but it has barely any vitamin A+C. Check with your doctors.

On the note of the glucose testing, how much fluid do we have to drink? My ob/gyn said I'll do it next appointment. I'm very concerned though as I had a stomach surgery two years back. I can only take in so much before it comes back up. I am already screwed on sugar content as anything over about 12 grams makes me VIOLENTLY ill. Pain, vomiting.

Back to bed...

Hope those who need a GTT get normal results!

I am here, more reading as not much to report! Plodding along nicely lol. Just passed viability day which was a big relief.

Glad to see we’re all doing good :)

Anyone in UK done the glucose 2 hour test recently? I've never done one(wasn't mentioned in my last pregnancy). Mine is Thurs. Is it just lucozade? I like that but I'm worried it's going to be something disgusting!

I failed my GTT :-(

Apparently its my fasting result which is abnormal not the one after two hours. Not sure what that all means but apparently am being referred to someone and should get an appointment in a week.

i am not convinced on it all as I ended up getting a cold/virus come on the same day that I had the tests done and have really been battling it since and am not sure if this could have impacted the results. Trying to view it as a good thing that I might get monitored better/more rather than a bad thing!

Joybell - if the UK is similar to here its like drinking sweet flat lemonade. Its not great but its not like a foul taste, just very sweet.

Congrats on all who passed the GTT. So sorry you failed yours Waiting :hugs:

AFM: I've been in and out of the emergency room the past week. Had a respiratory tract infection and got antibiotics for it, which has not worked at all, then I started spotting and it was back to emergency. All is well with babe, but I got diagnosed with preeclampsia, which was a little bit of a shock. I got referred to a high risk clinic and I have to be there tomorrow (7 June) so they can monitor my blood pressure with this new medication I just got, and they'll probably give me more antibiotics for the RTI that hasn't passed yet. At least I got to see the Little one again yesterday, when they did a sonar to rule out placental abruption and placenta previa, I'm told he's a tall child already. His height is already measuring at 28 weeks which is so wild.

Hope all of you have had a better week than me

Gosh Mikels that sounds awfully scary! Glad things are okay with baby. Hope the medication helps with the blood pressure and things can be kept under control till closer to d date!!!

Gosh Mikels that sounds awfully scary! Glad things are okay with baby. Hope the medication helps with the blood pressure and things can be kept under control till closer to d date!!!

Words can't describe how scary it was, but once I knew everything was perfectly fine with the little one, it was like a weight lifted from my shoulders. Now I've just got to take extra care of myself:thumbup:

You definitely do! Lots of reason to put your feet up and relax!

Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!

You definitely do! Lots of reason to put your feet up and relax!

Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!

I'll definitely let you guys know, we've all become part of a family here at babyandbump it would feel so wrong not to let family know

Joybell, here it's like flat orange soda...I find it's a little thicker like medicine though. Blurgh

Sorry waiting :( it is strange that it's just your fasting number though! Are they checking again later or for anything else?

Mickles, that is terrifying! So glad you are getting appropriate care, and it's really good that you got diagnosed now so the doctors know to keep watch. :hugs: That is a tall bubba :)

Mickles, that is terrifying! So glad you are getting appropriate care, and it's really good that you got diagnosed now so the doctors know to keep watch. :hugs: That is a tall bubba :)

It really was and I'm so thankful they caught it early. It's totally my husband's child though, I'm a shortstack :haha: @ 5f2in, he's about 6ft7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->