~* September Sparkles 2018 *~

Hi ladies!

I’ve just returned from our little babymoon getaway! We had a fab time. I totally can’t believe how quick things will go from here! I’m nervous about the GTT test 😳 since I’m due late in the month I haven’t been scheduled for it yet!
Has anyone else dealt with bad leg cramps while waking up? It only happens in the morning while still laying in bed. It starts slow and builds til I end up crying out (poor hubby!) then it goes away. Any idea what causes it or how I can avoid it?

Yep, I get horrible cramps when pregnant if I don’t get enough salt. Up your salt intake a bit and it should help.

Thanks Ellie!! No wonder I have been craving salty foods lately! I will definitely give that a try.

Thanks Ellie!! No wonder I have been craving salty foods lately! I will definitely give that a try.

Remember when you crave something your body usually needs the opposite
so craving salt may be your body's way of asking you for sugar. Also don't up your salt intake too much as it could cause a spike in blood pressure, speaking from experience:dohh: Good luck though I hope the cramps stop:hugs:

I got painful leg cramps a lot pre-pregnancy and had to increase my magnesium intake. Could you call and find out what your doc/mw recommends trying?

Thanks for not leaving me hanging on the pee cup! I'm always worried I'm the only one. :haha: That funnel thing would be totally awesome! I kept the little squirt bottles they give you for spraying yourself clean (instead of wiping) when you go after delivery- it's come in handy for spraying off poopy baby bums!

I have a drs appointment on weds so I will definitely be asking them then!

Mickels I’ve never heard your body craving the opposite of what it needs. I’ll have to look into that!

For now I’ve tried increasing my potassium and sodium, stretching before bed and massages from the hubby! Hoping that helps tonight!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sounds like an interesting theory... not quite sure why the body would crave the opposite of what it requires :dohh:
Maybe extra sugar will help you, but don’t increase it too much in case you kick off a sudden case of diabetes... :haha:

Is it normal for you gals to pee in a cup at appointments? I haven't peed in one this entire time, other than the at home pregnancy test I did.

I am being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Do any of you have experience with this kind of problem, does it affect the pregnancy eventually?

I have my next ob/gyn appointment Thursday with a fill in. My usual is on vacation. Still needing to do the glucose test as well.

Are any of you gardeners? I've been looking up loads of ways to preserve/freeze some of our different produce. Looking forward to making my SO a rhubarb crisp once he brings me in some rhubarb.

Mickels I’ve never heard your body craving the opposite of what it needs. I’ll have to look into that!

I'm so sorry, my mind must have been elsewhere when I wrote that.:haha::dohh: What I meant to say is that when you crave something specific, your body usually needs something specific, although it may still be possible that you only need some salt. For example when you crave fatty and oily foods, your body really needs calcium. I have attached an article you might find helpful

https://eatwiseteens.org/food-cravings-what-your-body-is-telling-you/

Is it normal for you gals to pee in a cup at appointments? I haven't peed in one this entire time, other than the at home pregnancy test I did.

I am being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Do any of you have experience with this kind of problem, does it affect the pregnancy eventually?

I have my next ob/gyn appointment Thursday with a fill in. My usual is on vacation. Still needing to do the glucose test as well.

Are any of you gardeners? I've been looking up loads of ways to preserve/freeze some of our different produce. Looking forward to making my SO a rhubarb crisp once he brings me in some rhubarb.

Yes they are supposed to do urine tests regularly to make sure you arent getting any UTIs or Preeclampsia etc. In saying that I've only had to do one so far at 15 weeks. And I'm now 29 weeks lol. :haha: and yes its so hard to pee in those cups!

I have coeliac disease in the family and possibly have it myself (the tests are invasive so the dr didnt want to do it til I'm finished having kids) but apart from having a gluten free diet it doesnt affect the pregnancy, so im not sure with your autoimmune disease, i guess depends which one it is. :hugs:

Interesting article! Thanks mickels!
Increased water and salt seems to have done the trick! No leg cramps the last two nights! Fingers crossed it continues that way! Saw the doc today and be basically said increase water and magnesium but cramps are pretty common!

Ursaula, I have to pee in a cup every time here in the US! I also just got scheduled for my glucose test! Not looking forward to it! For all you ladies that did it already did your doctor call with the results or you had to wait til the next time you went in? My test is next weds morning but my next appointment isn’t til mid July so I’m not sure I can wait that long to find out!

So I just went in for an ultrasound, looks like the tech I saw when i went to the emergency room didn't measure correctly and I'm already 28+3 today. Baby is doing very well, weighing 1.04kg (thats about 2.3 lbs)

I can’t believe people’s due dates are still changing so far into the pregnancy! Although it must be great being further than you thought :lol:

What are you all doing in terms of baby’s sleeping arrangements? Moses basket, crib, cot, next2me, co sleep??
I was gonna get a next2me but I’m thinking of saving the money and just getting a Moses basket and then a cot like we did with Finley.. obviously with breastfeeding a next2me (or co sleeping) is easier but it’s such a big amount of money for the sake of a few months .. plus from what I’ve seen they’re so hard to sell on afterwards!

Thoughts ladies?

I can’t believe people’s due dates are still changing so far into the pregnancy! Although it must be great being further than you thought :lol:

What are you all doing in terms of baby’s sleeping arrangements? Moses basket, crib, cot, next2me, co sleep??
I was gonna get a next2me but I’m thinking of saving the money and just getting a Moses basket and then a cot like we did with Finley.. obviously with breastfeeding a next2me (or co sleeping) is easier but it’s such a big amount of money for the sake of a few months .. plus from what I’ve seen they’re so hard to sell on afterwards!

Thoughts ladies?

We are lucky enough to have a Moses basket and a cot. The Moses basket, which was a gift, is going to be perfect for the first few months when baby sleeps in our room, the cot, which we got second hand and hardly ever used, will just be standing in babies room until he's old enough to sleep away from us, but he's probably going to outgrow the Moses basket way before I'm ready to let him sleep in his own room:dohh:

I do believe that only a Moses basket, or something small is perfect for the beginning. You could always only get one of those and when baby is bigger, outgrows the basket or you're ready to move him/her into something bigger you could always get a cot/crib then. That's what we were going to do until we saw the cot which was really cheap.

Even buying a Moses basket AND a cot is cheaper than buying the next2me lol! So I think we may do that. Just wanted the next2me as I thought it’d make breastfeeding easier this time..

We will do as we did for Finlo. Moses basket in our room then cot in nursery. I actually coslept in spare room for a month or so too, made nursing easier in early days. I’ve heard the next 2 me are a pain because you can’t carry them off the stand like with Moses basket. I like to be able to have baby with me downstairs in evening then carry them up and put basket on stand by my bed. It worked for me last time!

We will use same basket and stand as last time and we have second cot that my uncle gave us - just needs new mattress.

Hey! How is everyone doing? Seems quiet in here again! Only a couple more days till the next month starts which makes it feel closer to D day!

Had my MRI this week, and got the results yesterday and all is growing as it should. I am so relieved and feel like for the first time in nearly 31 weeks I can be excited about this baby's arrival! Then it seems scary as she will probably come out between 38 and 39 weeks due to the GD which means like 7-8 weeks to go and I haven't even bothered to start getting ready! Am about to enter a crazy busy work patch till close to the end of July and will get organised after this I think. Its mainly just washing and setting things up.

I had my first growth scan today. All was fine and her legs are measuring a week ahead, so she will be tall! 2lb9oz of perfection at 28 weeks.
I start CBT on Tuesday to treat my PTSD and next scan is in 3 weeks (incidentally, the day before my school breaks for the summer!)

Elliecain: CBT helped me a lot, as did DBT (dialectical behavioural therapy). I hope you experience great results.

What week is everyone on now? When do you plan on packing a "hospital" bag? (If giving birth outside of home)

For myself, we just made it to 27 weeks yesterday. I plan on packing a hospital bag during week 32, due to the strong likelihood of baby being preterm.

Elliecain: CBT helped me a lot, as did DBT (dialectical behavioural therapy). I hope you experience great results.

What week is everyone on now? When do you plan on packing a "hospital" bag? (If giving birth outside of home)

For myself, we just made it to 27 weeks yesterday. I plan on packing a hospital bag during week 32, due to the strong likelihood of baby being preterm.

29+2 today :) put the cot up in our youngests room (as she has the other double and our oldest has the box room) mostly to store his stuff in as it’s was sort of taking over! But also to get her used to it being in there so it’s not a shock when she has a new brother AND loses half her room.

I’ll be having a c section at 39 weeks so got just less than 10 weeks now, so I’ll probably start packing about 32/33 weeks so it gives me time to slowly get stuff I need. I’ll be in for 2-3 days so need plenty of snacks etc lol!!!

I had a scan at 28 weeks and baby is growing perfectly, about the 75th percentile, so not small haha! I think he’ll probably be about 9lb. (Others were 8lb3oz and 9lb2oz). I have another growth scan at 32 weeks then a consultant appointment to book my c section at 36 weeks, so something to look forward too each month :)

Anterior placenta still driving me nuts!!! I can feel movement obviously, but not nearly as much as I would like for being in the 3rd trimester :( I can’t feel anything when walking around, I have to sit and relax for a while to feel him. So on busy days I get to the evening and panic I haven’t felt him! Then I sit down for a bit and he goes nuts, but those few minutes between sitting and feeling him feels like hours!!! Argh! Oh well, hopefully as he gets bigger, which I know is happening fast at this point, I’ll feel the smaller movements and panic less haha!

Hi ladies!

I will be 28 weeks on Thursday and officially in the third trimester! Had my glucose test last week! That stuff is yucky! Lol I haven’t gotten a call from my doctor yet or had an appointment since I did it but according to my lab results app it said my score (131) was average! Though after reading some forums I read that some doctors make you take the three hour test for anything over 130 so I’m a little nervous! What was everyone else’s cut off for having to take the three hour test?

I am also switching doctors this month as we have officially decided to move an hour away so I could deliver at a hospital closer to family. We will probably move in mid August so I can’t even start packing my hospital bag until then! Though I must admit I’ve wanted to.

Cookie I have an anterior placenta as well and it makes it very challenging for anyone but me to feel him move. I totally get it about not feeling him move all day and then when I lay down he goes crazy!

Hope everyone is feeling well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"