****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Wow teeny that's customer service at its best! Shame we don't hear more things like that!
Hope limpets is ok, she has posted again on facebook I think.
I have done my first load of baby washing, it's still hanging out on the line drying, I've never known washing to take so long to dry in my whole life before! Most annoying because I wanted to have it all ironed and away this afternoon so I could relax this evening!

I turned into Becs today, dusted, hoovered and cleaned downstairs including cleaning windows inside and out! I did need a sit down afterwards though as I got really hot and bothered and was getting some major BHs! Feel like I've had a productive day though which is good... I do feel pretty bored though which is unlike me, I am usually very good at just sitting and vegging and seeing as my first day off was THursday, and my mum and dad were here till yesterday evening, we were out at a families BBQ and I've cleaned all day today, I'm surprised that I feel so restless! I can usually entertain myself quite easily with Jeremy Kyle and a packet of chocolate raisins but right now I feel like I need to be doing stuff!! Maybe it's nesting?!

I forgot to mention that yesterday when I was having a nap, DH and SS put up the cot and made it up, tidied the bedroom and made it look all lovely, it's so gorgeous, and makes everything seem so real, i'll put a piccie up later.

Hope all is well elsewhere x

Hey ladies,

Ummm limpetsmum has headed off to hospital. Hope all is ok. x
Sorry if i worried some of you, were all fine bless ya :hugs: I went for my tour of the hospital, it was certainly an eye opener (considering i work there anyway lol). Delivery suite has just been refurbished & was lovely! I wanted to move into the room with the birthing pool now!!! Oh how i'd make good use of it lol. The wards you go onto before & after however were disgusting, blood on floor :nope: dirty curtains :nope: poor equiptment :nope: never have i felt so embarrased to say i worked somewhere in my life!!! I got home & booked to see another hospital & need to call monday to book to see a third :thumbup:. If i was sure i would deliver & be out in the same day i'd be happier going there but you never know & it would be just my luck.
On a plus side it has made DH want to 'discuss' our birth plan :thumbup: this may be because i re-informed him (cos he obviously didn't listen the 1st time :dohh:) that i want him AND my mom there with me. He says we will discuss it tomorrow - why he wants to wait i'll never know :shrug:.
Anyway i decided i definately like the look of the birth pool, the aromatherapy & the awesome weird birthing chair sling thing they had (hope the other hospitals have the same equiptment if we decide against New Cross).
Also found out i can unpack most of babies toiletries from the bag as they don't encourage baby to be bathed at all for at least 24 hours & in anything soap/bubble bath wise for the first few weeks. They also advised us to buy Olive Oil bp if bubbas skin is a little dry so i'm just waiting for home bargains to get it back in stock (only being 89p a bottle & right opposite the hospital it had sold out). They did say i wouldn't need a towel for baby either but to be honest i'd prefer to use my own.......i know where it's been :thumbup:

We are so sad, our TV's not even on. We are rubbish TV watchers. Kids have their TV in the living room for their DVDs but we sit in the kitchen with the computers at night. TV will often be on for background, but we tend to chat and cook instead! God now I know I'm getting old!!
We are the same hun, i only ever watch QI or mock the week on TV, other than that i have my ipod or radio 5 live on for company. I really don't know what people find to watch???
Your bubba sounds in tune to mine :thumbup: i have a left hand bum & a right sided foot too - usually if i try doing anything. Went for a walk last night & squealed so loudly when Tufty stuck his/her foot out of my right side DH asked if it was labour pains :haha:

Morning ladies...a bit of a weird one really...yesterday I woke up and my bump was 'smaller', baby has been really quiet and I didn't sleep very well for worrying. He has been really quiet today too and I don't know what to do. xx
My bump got smaller when bubba dropped down & engaged :thumbup:. As for movements i've been told 10 movements in 12 hours :wacko: i was told for every 45 mins expect bubba to be active for 15 but they may not happen in nice intervals like that :shrug:. I tend to find if Tufty has had a busy few days with lots of moving, it will be followed with the same amount of days with very little movements. If your at all worried at this stage get in touch with your midwife or maternity unit & they will check you over hun :hugs:.

Limpets - I'm in the swollen feet club too. I made the mistake of wearing my Gladiator sandals yesterday and by the end of the day my swollen feet were puffing out the sides of the straps like an old lady.
:haha::haha::haha:i can laugh cos i'm with you on that one, it's not a good look is it :haha:. I keep to my crocs now - they are shoe heaven to me!

If anyone's interested in any newborn girls clothes please take a look at my e-bay listings.

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/llinosb/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Thanks

Llinos

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH how could i forget to mention........i was holding my bump up this morning to look at my lady bits (sorry if TMI:blush:) cos my pubic bone feels really sore - like it's bruised. That looks ok but i found.........STRETCHMARKS :cry::cry::cry: my 1st ones, right below my tattoo (pick a more obvious lace eh) a circle of them :wacko:. I was so upset i sat on the bed & cried (don't ask why cos i don't know :haha:). Up until now i was so proud that i had avoided them, DH was even proud of me for my excellent moisturising routine. I kinda feel like i let myself go somehow (yeah i know i'm being stoopid)
Oh well, at least my days of wearing short tops were over anyway - guess my bikini won't look great either!

If anyone's interested in any newborn girls clothes please take a look at my e-bay listings.
heehee i'm just about to list tons of stuff on ebay too - free listing :happydance:

Evening!!

Glad you're all okay! Limpetsmum you scared me a bit there, you devil you! Glad you only went for the tour! I remember it giving me the willies looking round almost 6 years ago before Archie was born! So exciting though! Not long to go now, your little stretchmarks you found today might not multiply or get any worse as you're nearly there now!

Sounds like you had a nice day Louise. I am so looking forward to washing all the vests and babygros which are still in packets. I have promised myself that I will do that when I get to 34 weeks, so as not to jinx myself!

Fab customer service Teeny! Glad you and the wee one are okay too.

The lady garden thing is funny!! If I had asked DH when I first met him to help me out in the trimmage department I'm sure he would have jumped at the chance! Funny how that changes when there's a huge belly hanging over the top of the previously desirable area!!!

Emzy your bump looks fab, I think you look just lovely!!

Well I am sat with my alcohol free Becks (it's Saturday after all :winkwink:) looking forward to DH's homemade enchiladas, fragrant rice and roasted green beans. I am so tired! Last night's neighbourly antics put paid to the good sleep I needed. For the first time, I actually feel as pregnant as I am. I do feel quite big, but I feel a bit breathless and a bit fed up. Think it's catching up with me! When I was in the bath before I noticed that the line on my belly is now right up past my belly button and approaching boob level! It stopped at my belly button with both the boys!

On the upside, 33 weeks today! Which means I am further pregnant than I was with Archie! Next goal = 34 weeks!! :happydance:

Teeny - Glad everything is OK and that you got checked out and fantastic news on the top, I love when companys surprise you with their great service

Emzy - Your bump is looking great, really great shape !!

Louise -what a lovely surprise, look forward to the pics of the nursery !!

Limpets - the marks always look worse at the begining, they will improve xx

F&C - Hope your pains start subsiding soon must be very frustrating

Asher - Congrats on 33 weeks !!

Well 3rd night in a row where Ive had trrouble sleeping, blocked nose, sore throat and chesty cough... poor DH was kept up the whole night with my shinnanigans... hes staying at a mates tonight so will sleep better :blush:

Ordered my cot matress today from a small independant store, asked about ordering the icandy cherry and me being me have decided to now purchase the Babystyle Oyster... finally ordering it on Tuesday... nothing like leaving it late :)... I bought loads of birthday cards today to keep me going from now until xmas.... I have so many birthdays round my due date I didnt want to forget anyone.... especially the kids.

It's bizarre Blob! Mine this time looks really odd. It's faint above my belly button but definitely there!

Jellycat thank you. You have just reminded me of something I meant to do, which was make a list of all the birthday cards I need to buy over the next couple of months! It's now on my to-do list! Sorry you've been feeling rotten, hope it passes soon.

Happy 33 weeks Asher:happydance:

Limpets, Please! My belly is one huge mass of stretchmarks, from one side to the other from top to bottom, they were worse with my first because they were new and filled with blood, they are silvery now, but no bikini or tummy showing tops or belly rings for me!
Hope the next hospital tours are better, I am going to the same one i delivered at 2 and a half years ago, so nothing new i expect!
It was ok, but i don't intend to be in there long, easy said i know, at the time all that matters is they have gas and air!!:haha:
After you are so intent on your baby you don't notice anything else! :cloud9:

Time for bed for me, bit of internet baby shopping (well looking) then i will play cards, got dh addicted to solitaire on ds and laptop, he took about 2 hours to have a shower earlier and thinks i don't know he was playing on the ds for an hour first!:haha:

Night all, have great Saturday nights :hugs:xx

Teeny how ace is that company!!

Limpets glad all went well at the hospital!!

Louise sounds like you have had a productive day, deffo sounds like nesting!!! Looking forward to the pics x

Asher I love enchilladas!!!!

I have just had a nice shower and enjoying a nice peach water!!! How rock and roll I am!!! Had a lovely afternoon with my neice!!!

Read about 5 pages cant remember who put what.... love the red travel system brill price! Hope all the ladies feeling terrible feel better soon! Im just exhausted today...had our new sofa delivered then popped into town for some cushions was shattered when i got back and DF doesnt like the ones i got GRRRRR men!!!

Sorry if i missed anything/anyone!! xx

thought I would share these two as I am wearing the same top!....20 weeks and then today at 34!
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/ABCD0015-2-1-1.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/Abc34d0020.jpg

Gorgeous pic LittleA!! Can you believe you're 34 weeks?! Madness!

hey becs im good thanks..... been signed off work which is nice but will have to go back a week monday or theyll start my mat leave early (buggers).

I have been reading just not posting as by the time i catch up with you little lot im knackered!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->