****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Do you not get horny? I still have sex, I do feel ugly and fat and huge but my OH tells me I look amazing and knows how to turn me on :haha: So sex is still on the cards right now a good few times a week but don't know how I will feel i na few more weeks.

Been for growth scan this morning, Hope is perfect and weighs about 6lb!! She has long legs!! Seen the consultant who said he wishes all the women he sees had such an easy stress free healthy pregnancy!! My BP hasn't changed since my 8 week mw appointment!! So I am really really pleased!! He doesn't want to see me again, only seen him twice, he couldn't understand why I had been referred, only reason was my BMI being a little over!! So I am quite happy for her to come early now!!

woohoo, think we have finally sorted out our dodgy internet connection!
we'd been managing on wireless but have now moved the whole computer desk into the other room so that we have a wired connection and it is sooooo muhc better :thumbup:
apparently dh has been telling me we should do this since we moved in over a year ago, but I don't recall him saying that lol!

Anyway, feeling a bit knackered today after all the furniture moving. Not that I even really lifted anything, just supervised, but of course it was a good excuse to tidy & sort lots of stuff! Now I have a room full of crap that I don't know what to do with - can't even see the floor :rofl:

Waiting for the carpet men to arrive to fit the new carpet in our spare room - they said late morning, well it's definately that!

Sex? Yeah, can't really remember what that's like! We have a few times over the last few months, but it's rare. I just don't feel like it. Poor dh. I tell myself I'll make it up to him once baby is born, but to be honest, I'll probably be even more tired!

emzy that sounds like it could be bits of your plug, it doesn't necessarily all come away at once.

becs yay for your good appointment!

Good (very early) morning, everyone!
Enjoying a delightful dose of pregnancy insomnia after tending to Simon at 4:30 am.
I am so glad it's the long weekend and I don't have to go to work. I might actually need a nap today.
Meanwhile, it's not even quarter past five and I'm already drinking :coffee: and have had breakfast. :dohh:

I'm not at all scared about the birth. I had a pretty great experience delivering Simon. It was just getting into labour that sucked (induction). I'm bracing myself for the same sort of thing this time around, but because I have a much better idea of what to expect, I'm really not too fussed. I know it could very possibly be completely different this time around, but really, there is so little you can do about it, then you're in the middle of it, then it's over, you know?
What I am scared of is how I am going to cope with a newborn and a toddler. Simon was really pushing my buttons yesterday and I felt my fuse getting shorter and shorter. I hate raising my voice with him and when I get tired, I hear myself getting sharper and sharper and I just cringe. I'm really worried that I am going to be too strict with him, too hard on him when the new baby gets here because I will be so tired and hormonal. I'm already feeling anxious and guilty about that and it hasn't even happened yet! :(
Self-awareness and as much support as possible is the best remedy for that, I guess.

Another cool, rainy day here (as far as I can tell - it's still dark out! :)), so I may take Simon to the Zoo. He loves chilling out in his stroller, and I think lots of gentle walking are just what the doctor ordered for me.

Hi everyone, hope we all had a good weekend?
Well i did go camping in the end, managed ok & was glad i went as it was really fun! Being pregnant i got pampered by soo many people there (offering chairs, food & drinks lol). Even managed not to have to dash across the campsite in my all in one (basically a giant baby gro :haha:) until 6am. The only downside is my feet are now double the size they have ever been & i have swollen hands too :nope: gonna pop into the midwife clinic later as i have tested my uring this morning & my protein levels are off the scale & i have +1 ketones & i raging headache - hopefully they will have settled by then & it's just an effect of reduced fluid over the weekend.

I went for the baby swing & glad i did, it looks brilliant & even DH loves it! I have decided to leave it out in the living room now as it doesn't seem worth putting it away :thumbup:.

Jellycat - yes it is the Mamas and Papas swing, it's sooo sweet!

Well i'm caught up to page 165 but need to go see the midwife before she starts clinic, i'll catch up on the rest later. :hugs: to all those struggling - last hurdle hunnies & we'll all be there soon (i hope). Back soon xxx

Glad you had a good time Limpets and glad you got the swing!!

Hi everyone, hope we all had a good weekend?
Well i did go camping in the end, managed ok & was glad i went as it was really fun! Being pregnant i got pampered by soo many people there (offering chairs, food & drinks lol). Even managed not to have to dash across the campsite in my all in one (basically a giant baby gro :haha:) until 6am. The only downside is my feet are now double the size they have ever been & i have swollen hands too :nope: gonna pop into the midwife clinic later as i have tested my uring this morning & my protein levels are off the scale & i have +1 ketones & i raging headache - hopefully they will have settled by then & it's just an effect of reduced fluid over the weekend.

I went for the baby swing & glad i did, it looks brilliant & even DH loves it! I have decided to leave it out in the living room now as it doesn't seem worth putting it away :thumbup:.

Jellycat - yes it is the Mamas and Papas swing, it's sooo sweet!

Well i'm caught up to page 165 but need to go see the midwife before she starts clinic, i'll catch up on the rest later. :hugs: to all those struggling - last hurdle hunnies & we'll all be there soon (i hope). Back soon xxx

Think you mean 265 hun u'll be at it all week if you start at 165!! teehee x

Jelly cat- im obsessed with peaches too and its unusual as i usually dont do fruit!

Elmaxie- your doing the right thing keeping the routine for your little one

Bekklez- hope your scan goes well

Becs- great news about your scan 6lb is a great weight.

I had midwife this morning, yet another different one ive never seen the same one twice, all the usual tests are fine, she said she thinks they bith are still breech which i agree with, we discussed my lower back pain and ahe told me to not wear flip flops but they are all i can fit on my feet :)
She went through my notes and we discussed my downs risk again i said we were happy to be reasured by the scans and are far less worried but she ummmed and ahhhed so much that it has made me worry again.

I don't get horny at all! No way. I can imagine OH and I getting hot and bothered and then a heavy duty case of heartburn hit me. No thank you haha.

It's so strange to be this close. We have everything set up for him, but he's not here. It feels like I'm waiting around for my life to change.

Okay, this isn't good.
I went back to bed and did fall asleep for another two hours - bliss!
But Simon is being a beastly boy this morning - throwing food, slamming cupboards on me while I'm getting things out, pulling down all the clean laundry off the drying rack. I haven't stopped shouting at him since he got up and I feel awful about that.
I've already been in tears twice this morning.
I worked so hard yesterday. I cannot finish this long weekend with my house torn apart and every bit of work I did undone again. I will fucking lose it if that happens. I feel like I am losing it right now.
He's just a little boy. He's only 19 months. I have no idea how much he understands me or not. I think he gets what I'm telling him, but then he looks me right in the eye and defies me, over and over again. Does he understand what I'm saying at all? If I knew that he didn't, it would be easier to let it go and just get on with it. I think he does understand, though, and he's testing me.
I am so totally fucked if this is his new normal behaviour and I've got a newborn, to boot. I will need medication to get through it. I know I will.
I put him in his crib to have a time out and am hoping that works for me, too.

:cry:

I HATE being like this with him. I absolutely hate it.

Hey guys just a quickie, just been feeling poo for days:( Sorry no personals just hope you are all doing ok, hopefully 2moro ill feel better if i get a sleep and then ill have a proper catch up with you all;).xx

Sarah, poor you. Hopefully he is just having an off day for you xx

Drea, hope you feel better soon xx

Awww i hate that :nope: I was saying the same thing today i hate being so exhausted and ratty with DD :cry: I shout at her then wonder if i would if i wasnt pregnant and then i feel really guilty :nope:

COME on somebody have a baby soon!!!

Sorry Sarah I don't have any experience that I can help you with. I know that my sister actually found it easier once the baby was out as she had more energy and could get about more. Hope that helps. :hugs:

Emzy you sound like me. I'm getting period cramps and think I lost some or all of my plug yesterday morning. My NCT lady suggested that I focus on keeping the baby in for a few more weeks to to leave work early and just rest. The trouble is I walk to work and back after commuting in to London each day and walking is a good way to bring on contractions so not ideal really. What has your MW said? x

I was thinking of getting a turkey baster to give to my OH today... :rofl:

:cry:

I HATE being like this with him. I absolutely hate it.

Totally normal, please don't beat yourself up about it. You are bound to feel like this when it is so hard to get anything done, i cleaned the carpet in the lounge yesterday, came back in the room to put the mat down and dd had put coco pops bar mess in the middle of the room! I nearly blew my top, but they really don't get it!
I find screaming and shouting so fruitless, you have to try and ignore the defiant stuff and reward the things you want him to do, and now is a great time to do it.
You may need some time out space for him, I had a travel cot up for my ds and if i went out the room to do anything he went in there so he couldn't do anything to himself or anything else, (he was diagnosed with ADHD at 6 so it explained lots as he was a pain in the bum as a toddler, and i was pregnant with dd, i ran after him many a time, falling flat on my bump once, they really do try the patience of a saint sometimes!)
At his age just say Mummy doesn't like that and sit him up out the way somewhere or give him something to distract him, you do right putting him for a nap and getting time out, it is the best thing you can do :hugs:

Hey guys just a quickie, just been feeling poo for days:( Sorry no personals just hope you are all doing ok, hopefully 2moro ill feel better if i get a sleep and then ill have a proper catch up with you all;).xx

Hope you feel better soon :hugs::hugs:

Don't I get horny...NO! Ha ha, i was very frustrated last time, but my hormones are totally mucked up, I keep telling dh to brace himself for October when i will want sex! I have a higher sex drive than him anyway but I know it will be back with vengance, poor dh its one extreme to another, we were trying for 9 months for this baby, i think he felt he did his bit then!:haha:

Limpets, glad you had a great time camping, sounds lovely! :hugs:

Well had an ok day, bought all my breakfast back, but felt all morning i would, once that was done, and i had a nice shower (blast stress incontinence!) and have done washing, a roast is in the oven, the girls have done making and painting, my ds has not had his medication today so has been hard work but we are all agreed on early nights tonight so no repeat of that I hope.
dd has sat in her tub of warm water to clean up from painting so she wont need a bath tonight! (i have a washing tub she has got into the habit of getting into, first time i gave it to her to clean the paint stuff up but she stripped off and got in, so now i wash the paint stuff up and she just gets into the tub on the patio!)
Not done as much as i wanted but house still fairly tidy so not too bothered really, will think about cleaning hall carpet tomorrow instead of today.

Anyway best check on food, back later or tomorrow, feel like we are all sitting round waiting for a baby now, wondering who will be next! :shrug:

:hugs: :baby:thinkpink xx

Do you not get horny? I still have sex, I do feel ugly and fat and huge but my OH tells me I look amazing and knows how to turn me on :haha: So sex is still on the cards right now a good few times a week but don't know how I will feel i na few more weeks.

Cafferine: so happy you said this!! I was starting to feel like I had 3 heads or something! :haha: DH and I also still have sex, I guess about once a week. Yesterday was actually the first time I felt kinda uncomfortable and really heavy. :haha: So, not sure how I will feel for this last month, but happy I'm not the only one still being active in that department. lol!

I find it so exciting that some of our girls are getting cramps and period pain and that a lot of us have lost part of our plugs! I did a few weeks back, but nothing else happened. I know it can reform, but hopefully that isn't the case from here on out! :)

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->