****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Snoozie that doesn't sound good! I would be insisting that she looks at the rash, sometimes I find that medical 'experts' are only interested in things they find themselves rather than symptoms that are pointed out to them!

Regarding the SPD, how about you go over her head and speak to the physiotherapy department at the hospital, ask about antenatal physiotherapy because at mine you can self refer... I did and I attended a class this week all about how to manage it better, exercises and things to do to help... I probbaly won't get a one to one appointment as they are full till 13th sept (EDD is 5th!) but I'm on the cancellation list... even so, after the class I do feel a little better! Maybe they have a class for you at yours too? x

Snoozie the sickness sounds awful, mjust be a right pain xx Shame you feel like that after your appointment, I often feel that you are putting them out!!

Little A, deffo sounds like something is happening!!!

Mrs J, stoopid young driver! You would think that the company would be better off not letting it go thro insurance!!

I keep buying muslin squares!!! There are so many nice ones!!

Hey Snoozie is your rash similar to PUPPP? When I wake up the palms of my hands and soles of my feet itch like crazy! I did get my LFTs done, well I asked for them to be done but I didn't see a yellow blood bottle get done, which I think they usually use for LFTs but I could be wrong? I need to chase it up!

I have 12 muslin squares, I dunno if that will be enough or not...

Oooo LittleA! You could be having our next star but I imagine you will want to hold on for another week at least.

I couldn't sleep till like 1am last night and the baby was so fidgetty, I think its awake all night and asleep all day, like a teenager! I'm going to Buddies Restaurant tonight in Northampton like an american diner type place, get myself a massive burger can't wait to pig out!

Little A sounds like things are happening for you hope all is okay

Ooh Little A sounds like things are happening for you. Hugs hun and keep us updated xx

snoozie that sounds like a rubbish appointment :hugs:

ooh LittleA it does sound like things are progressing, keep us up to date! :dust:

Well I have the first load of washing on for baby, doing clothes today, then still got towels & bedding & blankets to do. eeek, very excited, never been this excited about washing before :rofl:

Babythinkpink, I went in to La Senza the other week and was told they don't do nursery bras... grr... naughty lying shop assistants. Yep no more babies yet to report!

It's my last day at work tomorrow!!! Whoo hoo!!!

I know, I could not see them online either, and they had a whole stand in the shop, defo la Senza ones, no other makes tags on them, makes me sound like i am imagining it all!!

Hope your last day at work goes well and YIPEEEE!!:happydance:

I ended up having to go to the hospital this evening to check everything was ok, I had two massive pains in my side followed by NO movement at all, but a general feeling of nothingness.. if that makes sense... it was horrible, I was imagining allsorts had happened... the most likely explanation is either that it was a muscle /ligament pain, or it was her shifting round as the midwife seemed to think she was back to back so facing straight forward... it would explain the lack of movement afterwards as I have an anterior placenta and usually feel movements round the sides.... I felt a bit silly but the pain had me doubled over! I don't think it was muscle pain because it felt like it was her iykwim? But it was the stillness afterwards that had me thinking allsorts... anyway they put me on a trace for half an hour and heart rate was all fine, but we could hear loads of movements and I could feel hardly any of them... hence why I think she has turned and is kicking placenta! Little madam!! I hope she turns back though as they say back to back labour hurts! Plus she has been in the optimum fetal position at every other check up!
!
This describes exactly what i had, pains lower to side, really nasty, followed by a very quiet baby for a day, I am sure baby turned over, and then next night turned back, I hope so anyway because as you say has been in a lovely birth position so far!

Thanks for the reasurance ladies but unfortunately my DS was 8lb 14oz so they do expect this one bigger so I have little chance of having a small baby. lol
It usually follows next babes are a few pounds more than the last, My first was 8lb 5oz and i was told the next was bigger, I cried because I had such difficulties getting the first one out, I made them induce as i had gone nearly 3 weeks late with the first and i was sure he had done loads of extra growing, and I didn't want the same to happen, then at a week over due my ds was born....6lb 9oz and my smallest yet, and it was the bloomin consultant who told me he would be huge:dohh:

It's driving me mad! I sleep with a dreamgenii between my legs anyway, and support under my bump, so I just don't know what else I can do! Any ideas??
xxx
Wish i had some suggestions for you, but i am the same, I seem to have maximised my sleep time with the help of the pillow, but that is about an hour or 2 with luck, but it was 30 mins b4 that!

I've never ever owned a designer handbag, I always get mine from tesco or somewhere like that so I'm quite excited at the prospect! I think DH is more into the idea than me heheh!
Oh it is nice, I cheated as I have a friend who reguarly is in China, she bought me back a bag as a thank you gift and said if i want one just ask, the one i had was prada (well a nice copy:blush:) but it was lovely and you really couldn't tell! :blush: I also had a prada back pack I used as a change bag!

I have been out for a walk and now have lost a significant amount of bloody stringy mucas. Enough to have some in my pants and alot on the paper.The pain is in my back and inside my vagina. Sometimes down my thighs. My bump does harden but is not sore the whole way up. The pains are not regular, dont last very long but are very painful. If this keeps up ill be ringing the midwife.
Good idea to call midwife, just see what it going on, I think the plug can come out weeks b4 labour but if you are having other symptoms? It may just be symptomatic of the plug coming out for you? Still may mean a while longer yet!
Either way term always used to be 36 weeks, it has changed now to 37 but it was always 36!
Good luck whatever is going on in there! :thumbup:

Can I vent here please?
Had my growth scan last week followed by my consultant appointment. My scan was fine, baby is just above average which is perfect. It's strange how I grow massive boy babies but the girls always sit just under 9lbs at birth. I'm guessing this one is on track for 8-9lbs at full term. :)
So then I had my consultant appointment. She questioned why I needed a growth scan so I told her. She mentioned my bmi and how I'm lucky I'm tall (thanks) and said great your on line for a normal delivery.
I then raised my concerns about my rash, I'm itching so badly in my sleep I'm making myself bleed, she fobbed me off with normal pg symptoms and told me to leave it alone. I suggested maybe I needed bloods to check my liver function so she gave me some forms. Sheesh..talk about useless, she didn't even examine my rash or body or bump!
I then wanted to query my spd, I am in so much pain, sometimes I get up at night to go to the toilet and I can't stand up straight to walk. She dissmissed my concerns as unfortunate pg normality. Yes I know it will go adfter ther baby but I feel so dissmissed and let down by the nhs, she just wanted me in and out of her office. :( Silly moo bag. Plus there was none to take my bloods because of staff shortages and my spd was too bad to walk across the hospital to the regular bloods place. :(
Oh and while I'm whinging I'm still being sick and it's not even just in the mornings now, I was sick at 10ppm last night and at 1pm in the day in the kitchen bin.....it's so cruel and so gross, I have never had extended sickness like this.

I feel better for getting that out thanks to anyone who read it.xx

Vent away hun, I feel your pain from crappy antinatal visits and midwifes pushing you out the room!
Also the sickness, still getting it to, and its so random, some mornings i am fine others i am stupidly sick with no warning! :hugs:

Well we went out this morning, we were trying to make a day of it but i felt so ill had to come home, I feel ok now but at the time i couldnt do any more, I am glad i am as prepared as i am!
I did get a huggies change bag size box for wet wipes i have been looking for, I have a nice change mat that came in a Sainsburys baby pack freebie, and it has space for a few nappies, and wipes and i have some nappy rash cream wipes should i ever need them, I have it all filled up now and in my change bag.
I also got some minitures for my hospital bag, shampoo, conditioner, deo, shower gel foam, toothpaste, and really cheap pack of 2 tooth brushes for 10p!! Put ti all in my bag and just need a towel and to wash all the baby stuff now, I will do that when the 10 and 7yr old are away in a few weeks, so they don't see my colours on the line!
I bought a baby gym for £10 too, I have been looking but my swing has some toys on it, and i thought i could use that for a while, but baby may not like it, I have a change mat with toy bar as my dd used to love to kick with her nappy off and this would have been ideal, that is if this baby loves the same stuff!
I just had to come home after that, i think i am done with shopping days out not will after baby is here, I just feel huge and like everywhere is busy and like i am going to get bumped by someone or a trolley, I am struggling to do the weekly shop now, just glad its not months to go just weeks!

I had to re arrange my midwife, she was great, she has booked me in for next week, and i said about my glucose tollerance test and she said she can do it, Just wonder why they wanted to send me off to the main hospital to do it when i can go down the road and get it done, I am really not up for miles in the car, they don't think in these places, just think you can pop in at the drop of a hat!

Sorry this has turned into a huge post, I really wanted to catch up but also gabbled on about shopping!

Better go and let everyone else get a look in!

Bye for now, washing to do while the sun is out, have tons of it from the boys clearing their room up, its always washing they just shove on the floor!:shrug:

:hugs: :baby:thinkpink xxxx

Morning!
Quick check in!
Little A - even if things do calm down for you, I think you should call your midwife regarding the symptoms you have already had. If things keep progressing though, good luck and I'm thinking of you! :flower:
Snoozie - you and I are one day apart and at the back of the pack. I keep thinking, "Hey Settle down, September Stars, we've got weeks to cover yet", then I realize that no, lots of Stars don't! I calculated a 5-week spread over our group. So some of us will definitely be watching the rest finish up. This was exactly wht happened to me last time with Simon. Due Dec.19, and delivered Dec.30 after induction. I am not a very patient person, so it was a little crazy-making! :)
And by the way, crappy and fairly useless treatment at your appointment. I'm sorry for that. My massage lady said to me that she is tired of people telling pregnant women to just put up with it. She said, a little discomfort is to be expected, but you should not be in so much pain that you can't get your pants on in the morning. There are lots of therapies to help with that. Your pleasant little nursey-poo should have at least pointed you in the right direction over that. :hugs:

Feel better, everyone who isn't and have a great weekend. I'm off this afternoon to my brother's getting called to the Bar ceremony (no idea what the official title of the thing is). We now have a real lawyer in the family! Very impressive. Anyway, it's out of town, so I won't be back until Sunday. I might pop on if I get a chance, but I think we'll be very busy visiting.

Thanks for the well wishes... I managed to get another hour or so on the setee, but am still feeling pretty sorry for myself. The hip pain isn't so bad now, but my back is still killing me. I really hope i'm not in for another month of this!

Mrs N, ur nursery furniture is gorgeous! I wish mine would hurry up and come too!

Louise, I have a couple of designer bags, but not a radley one. I'm getting OH an xbox for his birthday (on 25th aug) so that's where my money will be going for now too! I love guitar hero - I really really want the green day rock band too :)

Babythinkp... bargainous! I was wondering what to do about my toothbrush the other day lol. And you are so sneaky with the washing of your baby clothes :winkwink:

Snoozie - Hope you are feeling better soon hun :hugs: sounds like you're having a really rough time of it lately :hugs:

Mrs j - that's really pants - hope it gets sorted so you don't have to pay your excess. I'd be really annoyed, especially as it wasn't your fault :hugs:

Little A - how exciting!!!!!!!! :yipee:

Righty, i'm off to get in the bath and get dressed, cos i'm sat here still in my nightie. There's no way I can still be in it when OH comes home from work!

I would still be in my PJs if i could :rofl:
I put my first load and only load of baby stuff in :haha: I see no point since its either just been washed by me after Tabs or my bestfriend after she used them. Tabs takes up all my washing time with her mess :dohh:

my lil mans still breech next scan 3 weeks today, looks like ill be having a c section

Optical I have also only just got showered and dressed lol

I've put my baby bedding in to wash and am planning to have a final sort out of the nursery tomorrow, going to take everything out and dust and make the cot up and that. I made it all up when we got the bedding at about 20 weeks just to see what it looked like and I left it til now as the cat slept on it and it's covered in cat hair! Going to have to work at keeping him out of the nursery now, don't fancy him sleeping on the baby when she arrives!! Silly cat. Speaking of the cat, I spoiled him today as I opened a tin of tuna for my lunch and gave him half lol Oh well he will be my best friend for the rest of the week now.

I need to pop to town as well and pick up my prescription for my vat of Gaviscon! I seriously can not be bothered to do anything today. I've been sick again as well today, so I'm starting to think the getting up in the night to go to the toilet thing is part of a bug or something? All week I've been feeling like I'm fighting off a cold too, but it never seems to come out!

Anyway I'm waffling now. Off to hang out the baby bedding and hope it doesn't rain then think I'm going to bake some muffins, yum x

Thatgirl my baby only moved around the time you are :thumbup:

Snoozie, I think you should push for those blood tests - visit the GP and ask for a liver function and bile acid test because whilst it might be unlikely, you could be showing signs of Obstetric Cholstatis - I have had tests recently for the same thing and it's very important they know if you do have it. Have you had itching on your hands and feet too? Please chase it up, even though it is likely nothing :hugs:

snoozie, i feel your pain with the sickness!!! i hope it manages to go away, does any food help?

Ahhh :(
Least you will get a date when you will see your :baby:

Just a quick update ...

Little A has just text me to say she is in hospital and is 3cm dilated!!! More updates to follow...

Oooooh wow :wohoo: sure her baby will be fine she's pretty much 36 weeks :yipee: Damn her jumping the que THIS IS NOT ALLOWED :haha:

Hey leannebabyno3 :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->