****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Well iv been asleep all afternoon betta get up and do something or o won't be tired tonite lol

Iv had my 1st real cravin over the lst few days ice cubes lol wat have all ur cravins been.

Elmaxie - I'm not surprised you were mad. I've had a few instances like this with Home Delivery Network who Amazon have a habit of using. I've actually caught a delivery man putting a card through once and when I confronted him he insisted he had rung the bell. At which point I rang my bell so that he could hear my dog barking and said "please don't tell me you rang the bell when I was sat in the living room with my dog who didn't so much as whine let alone bark" and gave him a filthy look. My DH caught one another time and when he confronted him he said "it didn't look like anyone was in" - I mean what sort of stupid statement is that? My husband just said "that's impressive - your ability to look through walls" I think the sarcasm was lost on the driver though!

Emzy - cute nursery pics

I was wondering about the Strep B thing too as my MW hasn't mentioned it. I've got an appointment next week so I'll ask about it then.

Choc, I've not really had any cravings food wise apart from ice cream at the beginning, but I am getting cravings for smells, especially of cleaning products and soaps! Very strange. I am totally addicted to the smell of mr muscle kitchen spray, flash one for all and carex hand soap. And by addicted, I mean that I regularly stick my nose in the bottles and I even sprayed some on a cloth and carried it around with me so I could sniff it!! I'm soo weird x

OMG MASSEEEVVVEEE CONGRATS TO LITTLE A!!!!!!!!!!! A wee girly, how amazing and a good weight;0 and now AOb should have her star tomorow, how frickin exciting...cheered my day up;)

Hope the rest of you stars are doing well....who's next?! not me im not ready lol.xxx

Choc, just as a heads up, i was super craving ice too, and that can be a sign of Pica-when you crave non-food items, (which can be a sign of a vitamin/iron deficiency) Ice is kiind of on the line of being non food though :S
But i did a few days later find out i had some pretty low irons, and have been on iron pills since, and don't have the craving anymore (i was eating at LEAST a large cup from starbucks full of straight ice a day)

Congrats to AOB can't wait to have our fourth born soon!!
I'm surprised everyone isn't tested for strep B. Its a pretty easy test, and an easy fix if you know you have it!

Well i cant believe i just fell asleep on the sofa!! Daves mum is on her way round to keep me company shes staying over tonight, as dave is away - its just im SOOOO tired i dont want her to feel like im not bothered as shes going out of her way to come over and the other thing is she wants to stay the entire weekend but i want some time to myself and wanted to see my mum at some point..... how would you suggest it without coming across selfish and uncaring?

ooh exciting, good luck Ally! :dust:

love the nursery pics Emzy! :thumbup:

I had my first smell craving yesterday - walking past a shoe shop I had to go in and just smell the rubber soles :rofl:

Choc, I've not really had any cravings food wise apart from ice cream at the beginning, but I am getting cravings for smells, especially of cleaning products and soaps! Very strange. I am totally addicted to the smell of mr muscle kitchen spray, flash one for all and carex hand soap. And by addicted, I mean that I regularly stick my nose in the bottles and I even sprayed some on a cloth and carried it around with me so I could sniff it!! I'm soo weird x

Oh Emzy you make me laugh :) loving the nursery that's how we wanted ours just cant decide between jungle theme or bears.

QUOTE=elmaxie;6405436] Then I get home to find that stuff is missing from the postman pat bath toy...its a red letterbox with foam letters and bathcrayons and wipable postcards...but there are only foam letter...so defeats the purpose of the postbox....this is when I cave in and :cry: But have just called mothercare and they are sending out a replacement asap and if I have anymore trouble with the couriers just to call them and they will deal with them...so its not so bad but with these hormones I feel like the world is caving in:dohh:

Hoping your OK now elmaxie damn those hormones xxx

Drazic - how do you find out about going private for strep B? Im interested as I really want a water birth but dont think you can if you have strep B

Got loads of things today... cot mattress, water spray, lavender Oil (good for healing and labour), Clary Sage (good for contractions), birthing ball, raspberry leaf tea and my favourite item.... Each Peach(and twos a pair) Lush massage bar and tin to put it in. The nutty midwife from antenatal recommended it, ive been trying it out on myself this aftrernoon.... perfect to rub on back is is not greasy like olils but gives enough moisture to be able to massage, has a lovely citrus smell ummmm almost cant wait for back labour pains so dh can use it on me :haha::haha:

Cant believe star number 4 is on its way.... it's making everything seem very real now... hope aob is doing OK :hugs:

Well i cant believe i just fell asleep on the sofa!! Daves mum is on her way round to keep me company shes staying over tonight, as dave is away - its just im SOOOO tired i dont want her to feel like im not bothered as shes going out of her way to come over and the other thing is she wants to stay the entire weekend but i want some time to myself and wanted to see my mum at some point..... how would you suggest it without coming across selfish and uncaring?

I know this will be easier said than done but just be honest and tell her your tired, apologise if you need to go to bed early and say you appreciate her visiting too but need to sleep etc..... I'm sure she will understand... sorry I cant say more as it's one if those awkward situations that it depends on your realationship with each other . Hope you manage to have some 'You time' xx

Wow - congrats Little A!!! Very exciting that our September Stars are srtarting to make an appearance.

Good luck AOB1013 - looking forward to hearing some more good news!

Hope everyone else is doing ok now we're on the home stretch.

Aaaaah babies on the way is soooo exiting!! I dont know why i'm more exited about other babies being born :haha:

Went to MWs and she was sod all help :hissy: said oh they sound like BHs... well yes but why are they like this?? :wacko: anyhoos she had no answers for me other than it sounds like i'm ready for labour but my body is on the edge and cant decide yet :dohh:

Jellycat :thumbup: you got everything now?

OMG I didn't know you don't get as routine test for group b strep on the NHS....

I'm ordering my testing kit from here now:

https://www.mumstuff.co.uk/acatalog/Group-B-Streptococcus-Screening-Test-Kit.html

Is that where you went drazic? I'm not taking the risk of not knowing, especially as I want a water birth. Gunna ask midwife about it on Monday, but i've ordered my test now anyway just incase.

Just ordered my kit too and will ask GP about it next week.
I think there have been campaigns to get routine GBS testing into the system, but it's not there yet :(

Well iv been asleep all afternoon betta get up and do something or o won't be tired tonite lol

Iv had my 1st real cravin over the lst few days ice cubes lol wat have all ur cravins been.

Glad im not the only one! :) ive been eating cups full of ice!! sooo good! its really the only thing ive been craving for a while!

Oh my goodness, who had a baby? Congrats! :happydance:

Not fair, me next me next! :haha:

Jellycat :thumbup: you got everything now?

Nothing major left now, finally packing my hospital bag tommorow now I have everything for that.... I suppose I should of left some things for when I start Maternity Leave to keep me occupied.

OMG I didn't know you don't get as routine test for group b strep on the NHS....

I'm ordering my testing kit from here now:

https://www.mumstuff.co.uk/acatalo//g/G...-Test-Kit.html

Thanks fot this opticalillus5, going to take a look now

Louise3512uk Why aren't there any pictures of Amelia Rose yet!!!!!!!?

I know its very exciting, maybe something will be posted tommorow? I think she will have lots of thick brown hair.... I dont know why

Emzywemzy, Jellycat - I paid for a private test. I think it was £34.00 - they sent you the swabs, one vaginal and one rectal and you send them back. They text you the result so you have it quick but I think they put it in writing to you and your midwife too. Even if you can get one on the NHS, they only use the single test which gives up to 50% false negatives which is rubbish really. We were umming and ahhing doing it, but I am so thankful we did now. The odds truly are good as long as you are treated.

opticalillus5 - That is who I went with with yeah hun. They will send you the swabs pretty quick and then you need to do them between 35-37 weeks as with the double testing they use it is valid for 5 weeks (as in, if you test pos or neg at that stage, it is likely you will be the same at delivery)

I really just want her to be born now as soon as we get to 37 weeks, it terrifies me that I am carrying something which could harm her. Spicy pizza tonight I think!

Plus, I am going to be campaigning for GSB enhanced culture testing on the NHS. It's so wrong we can't get it.

Please forgive me ladies..... and ignore me.... but....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooohhh that feels a little bit better. Nothing in particular. Needed it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->