****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Seems like a long time ago we were all having our first scans :wacko:

MAAAAAAAAAAH i hope i dont go further than i did with Tabs then means i have max 2 weeks left :wohoo:

Ok...Quick birth story!

Thursday I started having pains low down and a bloody show but I wasn't thinking this was labour. So I went out to physio and pottered around town getting bits and pieces. I went Asda to get some shopping and came home cause the pains were getting so bad. But I had convinced myself that it was too early for labour. The contractions were every 2 mins at 4oclock so we went to hospital! I was only 3 cms dilated. They scanned me and Amelia was only measuring 34+4 weeks. Was sent to labour ward where I got some nice gas and air!! I was then 4cm at 4.45! I laboured on, contractions still every 2 Min's. I sent my OH out to get food for us, and when I stood up my waters went! but it was not clear it was pure red!!! there was blood everywhere!! baby needed to come out asap!! I was 5 cms and the contractions were now one after the other with out a break. The gas and air was still all I had. I needed to push and out she came covered in blood! There was blood gushing everywhere and little Amelia was taken away to get cleaned and checked.

After they looked at me to see where the bleed was coming from they examined the cord and placenta. It turned out that the cord had started to detach from it and poor baby was swimming in blood! If she had not have come early she would have been dead.

But thankfully she is here and she is fine!

Ok...Quick birth story!

Thursday I started having pains low down and a bloody show but I wasn't thinking this was labour. So I went out to physio and pottered around town getting bits and pieces. I went Asda to get some shopping and came home cause the pains were getting so bad. But I had convinced myself that it was too early for labour. The contractions were every 2 mins at 4oclock so we went to hospital! I was only 3 cms dilated. They scanned me and Amelia was only measuring 34+4 weeks. Was sent to labour ward where I got some nice gas and air!! I was then 4cm at 4.45! I laboured on, contractions still every 2 Min's. I sent my OH out to get food for us, and when I stood up my waters went! but it was not clear it was pure red!!! there was blood everywhere!! baby needed to come out asap!! I was 5 cms and the contractions were now one after the other with out a break. The gas and air was still all I had. I needed to push and out she came covered in blood! There was blood gushing everywhere and little Amelia was taken away to get cleaned and checked.

After they looked at me to see where the bleed was coming from they examined the cord and placenta. It turned out that the cord had started to detach from it and poor baby was swimming in blood! If she had not have come early she would have been dead.

But thankfully she is here and she is fine!

Oh my goodness how scary!! Congrats hun she is beautiful!! xx

Little A - Seems like little Amelia knew she had to come and quick because something was wrong!! I would assume that you were/are in shock from all that. Are you both home now or little Amelia still in the hospital for a few weeks.

Glad all turned out well and she's with us safe and sound.

Little A, that must of been so frightening xx So glad you are both ok xx

Back from midwife, all is well and no problems!! See her again in 2 weeks!!

Little A - that must have been so scary for you. I'm so glad that she is ok and that you are both safely at home now xx

Limpets - I don't know where you are getting your energy from. I've been to M&P with DH this morning. Come home and sorted out two drawers of baby clothes and I'm wiped out. My ankle has swollen up and I've had to come and sit down to get my breath back.

Oh blast, I've forgotten what I was going to say to other people now, it's gone straight out of my head. Sorry guys :blush:

I think baby has started to taunt me by temporarily moving head down and then sneaking back to transverse or breach! I've got a midwife appointment tomorrow so I'm going to get her to talk me through the ECV procedure and the risks so I can make an informed (and not internet led) decision about whether to have one if the baby is breech at my growth scan next week.

I ordered a book from Amazon which arrived this morning - "Your Babycare Bible" I like it as it's got everything in it from how to put a nappy on to childhood illnesses. I know that I know a lot of these things deep down and a lot of it is instinct, but having a book to read reassures me that I am doing the right things. My MIL was here yesterday and she was talking about Terry Nappies - I showed her my Real Nappy Scheme Voucher for £50 and some of the new re-useable nappies like Wonderoo's and Tots Bots on-line and she was dumbfounded. As she lives in Crete she hadn't seen anything like it and didn't realise that there is a bit of a movement back to re-useables.

Right, better do something constructive!

xx

little A- so glad your all okay you musty have been in shock?

to those of you with apointments today or tommorow i hope all goes well.

Thanks for asking fishy, i am getting some more rolling movements, i think they are stilll both breech but i find it hard to tell which baby is which but they surely cant have much room left, most feelings are down very low im sure ive got four feet on my bladder!

Genies, that must feel weird having 2 babys moving around!!

gosh LittleA what a story, so glad she is here safely :hugs:

is anyones baby not head down yet? Im feeling movement at the sides not top and bottom. So im guessing my LO is transverse but i cant be sure.

Text buddies, as im end of Sept i can be someones text buddy if they are due start of Sept, im going to ask one of the girls who is start of Oct as i am end of Sep. Most of you girlies will be busy with your new borns when i give birth. PM me if anyone wants a text buddy , ill be happy to post updates to the forum x

Little A, really pleased your LO arrived safely.. your story made me get my labour bag ready as you never know !!!

Aw Little A that must have been so scary for you! I'm glad little Amelia is safe and well. Little one must have known it was time for her to come out! Bless her x

Little A she is here safe and you are safe :hugs: :hugs: Must have been seriously scary but your body must have worked really well to get her out safe :thumbup:

Little A: WOW!! So scary!! I can't believe that was going on. :-( But SOOOO happy to hear that all is well with you and Amelia! :)

xo

back from my gp apointment, basically they have been monitoring my blood pressure because of family history and twin pregnancy , i have good blood pressure on average 120/70 is the middle of my readings last week it went up to 124/80 and thats why they sent me to be assed at the hospital last friday to make sure all was well and that im not going to start getting pre eclampsia, it was a reading of mid 60s friday so all was well, ive been told to go to gp twice this week to be checked just in case i couldnt see my usual gp as she on holiday so it had to be the other one todays reading was 124/82 so higher again , he didnt know where to write it down in my notes so never did and kept sayiong he didnt know why the hospital are making a fuss he told me to come back thursday but he wont send me to hospital unless it goes over 90. i think im just confused by the gp saying one thing, the midwifes another and the consultants another.?

Sorry for the ramblings i think im just feeling a bit confused

Think i would believe the MWs tbh... but then thats my opinion. :hugs: I hate it when they all give conflicting advice :dohh:

Genies, I have to say the mw tends to know a bit better than the gp. What a pain for you x

Wow Little A I'm so glad everything turned out ok. Like the other ladies have said, you must have been so scared!

Geniesgirl, it must be hard to know which one of our babies is making the movement at any one time. I think I would also trust the MW more. xx

I'm just back from my mw appointment and my iron levels are the same so it's good they haven't dropped. The head is possibly engaging but she couldn't really tell.. it blimen hurts when she routes around down there! Oh and I have carpel tunnel syndrome on my hands so I'm one swollen lady! x

LittleA that must have been so scary for you! At least you didn't find out the really scary bit until she was safe and in your arms! She is so beautiful!

Fishy :( So sorry you're inflating so much! Is there anything at all they can do for you?

Geniesgirl I too would be tempted to go with the midwife over the gp, not sure about consultant though as they are also specially trained in the pregnancy side of things? I hope it gets sorted for you!

Seriously forgotten everything else, thank you for your kind comments about my bump! I am learning to love it!

Aww, fishy. I feel for you girl. I look like I have boxing gloves on too! :hugs:

LittleA, how terrifying. Your body did an amazing job and she is gorgeous. Hope she doesn't have to be in the hospital too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->