****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Blob- hope your okay and everything is normal

Bekklez- Glad Ellie is growing well good girly!

Limpet- ah midwifes i dont have much time for the community ones , you would think that the importance of labelling bottles would be part of the training ? :) one of my midwifes labled all my bloods wrong so had to be redone!

i dont have a sept star text buddy either?

Im taking it a bit easier today got some friends and their babies coming over for afternoon tea, i guess its my first baby group :)

37 weeks today.....I am term!!! Yay. xx
:wohoo: Congratulations!

Asher - i don't blame you hun, plus you can always say the hormones made you do it :haha:

I'm having a chilling day today, my poor fit haven't forgiven me for yesterday lol. Also feeling a little nauseaus so trying to keep myself to myself & just bimble around the house :thumbup:

Nope pains still there lots head pressure and period pain Hubby wants me to go in to get checked but I refuse to go untill I am screamng with pain lol baby is moving good but defo less. Finding it really herd to walk as she is low lol feel useless :-( xxx

You'd think so wouldn't you Genies :dohh: no wonder my DH has no faith in the NHS! Sometimes i think i only side with them because i feel i have to!
Ooooh 1st baby group :thumbup: i met up with some local Mums last month & it was fab, i thought i'd feel a bit weird as i didn't actually have a baby & they all did but they were all wonderful - hope to make it again in a few weeks time (plug them for all the info you can get :thumbup:).

I've just put a baby wheel easy for sale on here if anyone is interested? Brilliant invention which was launched at the Baby Show at the NEC in Birmingham this year:thumbup:

Nope pains still there lots head pressure and period pain Hubby wants me to go in to get checked but I refuse to go untill I am screamng with pain lol baby is moving good but defo less. Finding it really herd to walk as she is low lol feel useless :-( xxx

Sounds like your heading in the right direction hun, may be the start of things for you :thumbup:. Go with what you feel is right & just keep a hand & eye on your movements :hugs:

Hello ladies!!!

Sorry for lack of personals, hope everyone is ok?!!! I have read and caught up just can't remember what I was gonna say!!

We have taken all our blinds etc down and polyfilled the holes, got our lovely army curtains out of the loft!! Finally feels real that we are moving in a few weeks!! Wanna be all sorted so we are not painting when Hope is here!! Its quite exciting!!! I love moving!! This is our 4th move in 6 years so getting a pro at it!!!

Limpetsmum I also have thread veins around my ankle and calf on my left leg. I put this down to all the swelling I've been getting. I'm hoping they will fade a bit.. FX.

Happy full term Teeny!!!

Shorman it sounds like baby is getting ready. FX LO will be here soon. x

I also have a load of thread veins, but I never wear shorts anyway so it's not really an issue for me!

Happy full term teeny! :happydance:

Shorman, sounds like things might be getting a move on for you, how exciting!

Genies I need a text buddy too - happy to do it for you, PM me if you want to :)

Colour is going up on the nursery walls and it looks ace! Will get some pics once it's done!

Hi guys

Im feeling pretty useless today. DH is back at work this monday after a week off and i a so bored. I made the decision to start going through the house room by room and having a good clear out, but im finding i need a sit down every ten minutes, as i feel dizzy, im pale and i keep getting cold sweats. So i have finally finished the one room i managed which was the bedroom but now i feel really lightheaded. boooo!

I hear what some of you are saying about the midwifes being useless. When i went for my 32 week check she measured my belly and said yep that showing 35 and the other midwife (they have two for every patient!) said 35, it should be 32. So she got me back on the bed again and checked and said oh yes i measured too much. I felt like saying 'why don't you just make it up!'. She was saying 35 because she thought it should be not because it was.
Also they realised that i should have had a follow up appointment to an earlier appointment at 16 weeks (i had a check because i had been on anti-depressants for like about 6 weeks about ten years ago- totally pointless as i feel fine!) so they had to fit me in for an appointment last week for a follow up. I did protest a bit and said it would be a waste of time, but they said that they had to send me because if they didn't then they would get in trouble. So I had this appointment and it was pointless...'how are you feeling?' 'Fine'.....'good'.

Then she read through my notes and pointed out that i had to see an anaethetist regarding back problems (diagnosed mild spina bifida in my teens). I told the doctor that i had already had a pain relief chat a couple of weeks before with someone at the hospital, but she said i needed to speak to someone. So ten minutes later, a smart dressed woman and two other women in scrubs came down. Three of them!!! They chatted to me and said that they had found my notes from the earlier pain relief chat and they could see that I had already decided to go for the pain relief button thing (i forget the name) instead of the epidural because of the spinal injection. I was like 'I KNOW' ive already chatted about it. She then said when did they tell you you had back problems, so i said when i was about 14. She said we have absolutely nothing in your hospital notes, but i didnt see that as MY problem...no doubt they have lost them! Also she was questioning me how it was diagnosed, why didnt i have a scan/xray. I felt like a liar!

My 35 week appointment is next Wednesday but as its on the same day as my antenatal class, DH is off and so im taking him in with me to see midwife, so he can see how useless they are.

Also i got questioned at the hospital by a midwife doing a survey regarding information i had been given. She was doing some sort of audit. Turns out half of the information i was supposed to be given i hadnt. It was regarding breastfeeding and she was a bit annoyed to find out I didnt know half the stuff i should because my MW appointments are always about 3-4 minutes long...check wee, check BP, check belly, see you in 4 weeks. they have never actually said, 'how are you feeling?'.

I think that is rant over - possibly the longest post i have ever done!

Cat81 - lovely pics of LO. I agree he is small but perfect!

Anyway...off to have some lunch. Might help with this light headedness

Has anyone else had a letter from the health visitor?? I had one yesterday saying she wants to visit next Monday!!

:hugs: emzdreamgirl
I feel very lucky, my midwife is awesome!

becs yes I had one a few days ago - health visitor is coming to my house at the end of the month

:hugs: emzdreamgirl
I feel very lucky, my midwife is awesome!

becs yes I had one a few days ago - health visitor is coming to my house at the end of the month

...See i know that they it hard to be nice to someone when you are busy, and have so many people to see, but they just seem to rush through everything and one of them is an 'old fashioned matron like' midwife and she just seems to snap every time i try and ask a question. Glad i only have 35 and 38 week appointments to get through now...if i make it that far...which i think i will!!! Plus more...he he

I havent heard from health visitor. Didnt think they visited until after baby is born (and mainly to snoop around!). I remember one visiting my mum when my little brother was born and i was about ten years old and she visited in his first week or two. But i know they only come round to see what your house it like LOL.

I bought some raspberry leaf tea yesterday, its actually quite nice. I drink green tea and fruit tea normally so its what i would normally drink. DH asked me whether i was drinking it to have the baby sooner....I got up an article from baby centre web site and showed him the benefits...men have no idea!!! I wouldn't want to induce labour by doing something stupid before 38 weeks. Felt slightly insulted by his comment. He said he thought that because some of the September stars had started having babies already it was some fad thing to speed it up. Stupid man!!! lol (love him really!)

Shorman sounds like things are moving for you :hugs: How many weeks are you??

Eeeeeek my pool arrived today!! We are getting everything ready for it :cry: i'm so exited!! Also the boxes from the MW came...OMG scary!! They are filled with monitor things and needles and tubes :shock: But then even more scarily they have the bounty pack and scales... :cloud9: I'm still not sure its a baby in my tummy.
Baby has started moving again :) Think she was sleepy from her naughty sister last night.

Becs i love moving too :wohoo: We moved in here at 39+4 and she was born at 39+5:haha:

Emz :hugs: thats awful i have no faith in them at all...

https://www.facebook.com/enola.stevenson#!/notes.php?id=134844053221572

Dont know if you can see that link but it is so nice :cloud9:

hey i'm 37 weeks on friday :) god i am sooo tired lol really cold to with a good nights sleep but my bed is not agreeing with me lol.

https://www.tickerclub.com/cache/cbb4b7974c.png0

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev245pp___.png

https://lb2f.lilypie.com/AnWgp1.png

https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;23/st/20110605/e/are+1st+annivrsary/k/6f9f/event.png

c-section booked for the 27th of august not long till we meet are little girl
!

Becs I know the feeling in the past 4 years i have moved 4 times and I'm moving again in 3 weeks. I'm the same as you i have the RAF curtains back up and all their light fittings are put back in and i have someone coming to repair a carpet next week. I have everything packed up and cant wait to move again. We had the removals round this morning checking how much stuff they have to move its all exciting :happydance:

The health visitors don't come to see us here before the birth just a couple of weeks after, we dont get a home visit from a midwife either unless we want a homebirth.

Blob how exciting it must feel good to have it all there waiting for you, is tabs getting excited? I know if i was having a homebirth Jayden wouldnt be able to leave the boxes alone and he'd keep trying to go through them lol

There's about 10 pages since yesterday so I just checked back really quick, so sorry for all who I've missed.

Just wanna say;

LittleA- Really scary birth story but at least she's here and safe, and that's what matters! congrats again

Cat - He's gorgeous and tiny :cloud9:

Lovely bump pics everyone I noticed had posted one on the way back.

Scan seemed to go well yesterday, Ellie is 4lb 12oz now so she's put on just under a pound in two weeks which they think is good, they said she's growing nicely along the bottom line so they're not too concerned and that she's just going to be a petite baby.
Another growth scan in two weeks though just to keep check she isnt dropping below that line!

x

Thats excellent news Bekklez!! x

Blob- hope your okay and everything is normal

Bekklez- Glad Ellie is growing well good girly!

Limpet- ah midwifes i dont have much time for the community ones , you would think that the importance of labelling bottles would be part of the training ? :) one of my midwifes labled all my bloods wrong so had to be redone!

i dont have a sept star text buddy either?

Im taking it a bit easier today got some friends and their babies coming over for afternoon tea, i guess its my first baby group :)

Feel free to pm your number i dont mind being a text buddy! hehe x

Sorry not here long am at work and shouldnt be on here teehee :haha: xxxx

Emzdreamgirl, I too have decided to start a clear out room by room. I've started in the bedroom but haven't done too well as keep having to sit down etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->