****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Hey girls,

Sorry for the lack of personals. Other than to say you are all lovely and :hugs: - I was kept on the maternity ward last night due to blood pressure/possible pre-eclampsia and I hardly slept so I am brainfried. Just wanted to drop by with some love, and also celebrate being full term! :)

hey everyone

there has been over 20 pages of updates since I was last on - so sorry if theres not many personals

ill write bits from what I remember!!

rasberry leaf tea softens your cervix in preperation for labour - im taking 2 tablets a day, ive also been taking evening primrose oil as supposedly thats supposed to do the same thing? not sure though but I did read something somewhere!

i read something about group b strep - it sucks that you cant have your waterbirth - hopefully you will still be able to create that calming environment without the water though =) it should still be awesome!!

umm im moving aswell - friday :O have so much to do! Why do we do these things to ourselves? haha!

I have to have a growth scan on thursday as im measuring 4 weeks behind now for 2 appointments. So looks like my water birth plan is out of the window aswell :(

hope everyone is ok and sorry to hear so many people are poorly with iffy tummy's and everything.

xxxxxxxxxx

Drazic hope you are ok now. Are you at home? :hugs: being sent in your direction. x

Draz- sorry to hear you have been kept in, hope you feel better soon x

My lovely pink bedroom and curtains are all back to magnolia and crap army ones! Can't believe I have done one room already, Ian has been helping but I love painting, even been up and down the step ladders!! If all this decorating and packing doesn't bring on my labour I doubt anything will lol!! Upstairs is pretty much done, tomorrow we are doing kitchen and lounge! Gotta take the tv off the wall!!

Boony we are still waiting on address, but as we are only moving an hour away we are having a day move!! Been told we won't get an address till end of month begining of September!! How nice of them!! We are just packing stuff we don't use in mfo boxes!!

LOL cant believe you dont have an address! We are only moving round the corner its a 5 minute walk! We have our address and the occupants had their march out today so it is now empty which is really annoying coz i'm all ready to move in lol.

We started early aswell we painted my sons room back to magnolia about a month ago and packed stuff up slowly but i'm now done until the week before we move.

I just thought while Ian was on leave we could get all sorted and then we would be ready to go and have very little left when Hope arrives!! I think when you move so often you don't tend to keep much stuff, I always have a good throw away too!! Any excuse to buy new stuff with the disturbance haha!!!

Drazic - sorry to hear your blood pressure/pre-eclampsia risk, I hope you are home now or they let you home soon?

Emzdreamgirl - I'm not surprised you are frustrated with the MW's. Personally I haven't had any bad MW experiences (apart from the butcher who took my GTT blood test) it's the Registrar who has got my back up and I don't have to see her any more. Clearly it's not your fault if things haven't been written in your notes properly and they can't communicate enough to know you've had an appointment about pain relief!

I've had a bit of a mad day. I had my 35 wk MW appointment today which went well - everything is normal accept my stubborn breech baby. The MW discussed a chinese medicine technique called Moxibustion with me and suggested I try it. There wasn't an available appointment until Friday week so we booked that in. In the meantime she gave me the number for the Natural Birth Unit and told me to book my Active Birth Class. I called the NBU when I got in and spoke to a lovely MW who said next Friday was too late and I needed to get started on the Moxibustion straight away. I booked my Active Birth Class for Friday afternoon and she said she would try and arrange for someone to see me sooner about Moxibustion. 20 mins later I had a call from a MW in Triage telling me to come down and she would go through it with me. Off I popped to the hospital and they gave me a quick presentation scan (which was a nice surprise) to check the baby was still breech. As it is the MW went through Moxibustion with me. It sounds nuts but it basically involves holding this jos-stick type thing by your little toe twice a day. Apparently, in my hospital the success rate has been over 50% so although it's expensive they are promoting it as it's cheaper and healthier than a C-Section. I'm prepared to give anything a go however nuts it sounds. DH just did it for me and the baby is definitely moving a lot. I think the point of it is that it encourages a lot of movement which in turn means there is a better chance the baby will move into the right position. Just wondered if anyone else has heard of it or is giving it a go? I figure I've got nothing to lose and if it doesn't work there is still ECV to try. I've watched some videos on YouTube and researched the risks and they are lower than the risks involved in a C-Section so I'm going to give it a go. If that doesn't work I'll finally agree to have a C-Section, at least I will know I tried everything.

I wonder when the next baby will arrive?.........

x

Mrs J, I have never heard of that before, sounds quite relaxing tho and like you say anything is worth a go! Have you thought about reflexology or accupuncture??

Drazic :hugs: :hugs:

Stmw :hugs: :hugs:

Well i found that half my pool stuff didnt come :hissy: stupid stupid delivery company!!

I had already decided to go for the pain relief button thing (i forget the name)
PCA hun (patient controlled analgesia:winkwink:)
You poor soul - it all sounds very frustrating for you! Thank goodness we have each other i say :hugs:

Has anyone else had a letter from the health visitor?? I had one yesterday saying she wants to visit next Monday!!
Really? Wonder what for? I don't think my midwife has referred me to one yet as she was debating what county i'd come under yesterday :dohh:. Mine will have a fit at all the wires under the TV (given we have 2 TV's next to each other - one for TV & one is for DH to play on the ps3, the PS3, the Wii, DVD player, virgin box, DVD recorder, uplighter, electric fire & a few phone chargers eeeeeek) Doesn't help having a glass TV stand so no where to hide them haha. Ahhhh well - i'll set DH on them, he won't stand no messing (although he has agreed to hide his tobacco, filters papers etc as i know they will have a heart attack at the thought of someone smoking within 500ft of the baby - even though he smokes purely outside since we found out we were pregnant bless him!)

I'm still not sure its a baby in my tummy.
:haha:

:hugs: Drazic - you go get yourself some rest hun

MrsJ08 - sounds interesting & worth a go - nothing to loose! Hope something works for you, baaaad stubborn bubba :baby: :hugs:

I popped out to get some bread milk & eggs, was planning on using a boxed choc fudge cake mix i have taking space up in the cupboard. On my return i realised DH had bought bread (at some point :shrug:) so we had 3 loaves & i don't really eat bread! Decided to stash the choc fudge cake mix - maybe next week & make a bread pudding instead :thumbup: keeping my fingers crossed as i only ever helped my Mom soak the bread as a child so it's my 1st attempt :wacko:

Right - i think i'm going to hang some canvasses in the nursery & see how they look :thumbup:

:hugs: ladies xxx

Hi Ladies!!

I have just read a ton of posts and now I can't remember anything. I need to start opening a new page in which I can respond:dohh:

Teeny: Happy 37 weeks!!!

Bekklez: Happy to hear Ellie is doing well!!

Emzdreamgirl and Ann: I too am trying to get our place sorted out room by room but I have to keep sitting down. This has been going on for weeks now and I still have crap all over the place. :shrug: I think I will really have to set my mind to it.

Ann: Maybe I should make my first ever Angel Delight dessert and then clean?? Surely all that sugar will give me energy!??:haha:

Drazic: Hope you are better now hun. I had to stay the night at the maternity ward a few weeks back and it was quite scary. Although the nurses were amazing so that helped! :hugs:

Well I am supposed to have an appt. with my MW this afternoon at 4pm. hopefully it doesn't get cancelled because I'm supposed to be doing my Group B step test today. I want to get that done and get the results that way if Bean does decide to come early we'll know if I need an IV during labour.

Well that's all I remember! Sorry:blush:

xo

Mrs J, I have never heard of that before, sounds quite relaxing tho and like you say anything is worth a go! Have you thought about reflexology or accupuncture??

Hi Becs - I'm not keen on the idea of acupuncture but am going to look into maternity reflexology in my area. The hospital does it, but not for breech babies - it does it for induction. I wouldn't mind giving it a go if I could find someone near me that is experienced from a maternity perspective. The Moxibustion isn't overly relaxing because you have to hold the stick v close to your toe until it's too painful to continue. To be honest I giggled the whole time my DH was doing it though.

Thanks so much for all the love and support girls. My blood pressure last night was 147/111, with flashing lights and headache. Started to go down almost as soon as I went in! But also found protein and I was a bit swollen so they just wanted to monitor me. By the time I was on the ward, it was nearly 2am, and they woke me up at 6am for a trace! More monitoring, but they are going to leave me be for now. Have a VERY active baby today to make up for it! :) :hugs:

Ooh Brigitte, did you get the AD through the post?! Which flavour did you get sent? I think butterscotch is the nicest.

I feel knackered and haven't even finished the bedroom!! Hey ho, I can only do what I can do. x

I just thought while Ian was on leave we could get all sorted and then we would be ready to go and have very little left when Hope arrives!! I think when you move so often you don't tend to keep much stuff, I always have a good throw away too!! Any excuse to buy new stuff with the disturbance haha!!!

I dont know about that i've thrown away loads this time and given loads away too but then we've been here 2 years (our longest in any house lol). I wish i could spend the disturbance. They gave us it early (i dont know why) so its sat in a savings account but I cant spend it because i'm going to get charged for a door and i dont know how much that'll be and i have to buy a huge dog run (£3-400) because this house doesnt have a 6ft fence all the way round so i dont know how much we'll have left after that and the cleaner plus hubby wants me to do the sensible thing and pay off some debt with it haha!

Ooh Brigitte, did you get the AD through the post?! Which flavour did you get sent? I think butterscotch is the nicest.

I feel knackered and haven't even finished the bedroom!! Hey ho, I can only do what I can do. x

Butterscotch is what I got!!! Pip had told me that she was going to send some, but then she was out of touch for a while so Lydia offered to send some and I sent her grape Kool-Aid! lol I think Lydia will be sending chocolate so I'll get to try to flavours!:happydance:

Then she read through my notes and pointed out that i had to see an anaethetist regarding back problems (diagnosed mild spina bifida in my teens).
I get light headed doing anything too, i am glad i got the bulk of clearing done as i knew i would feel like this!
I find a cheese or chicken sandwich help, protein!

How were you diagnosed and how does it affect you?
I ask because i have been told my baby could have mild spina bifida (the skin is covered at the back of the spine but there is slight sacral splaying(i think) and i just wonder how it affects you, as a child and adult? xx

Sorry for the lack of personals. Other than to say you are all lovely and :hugs: - I was kept on the maternity ward last night due to blood pressure/possible pre-eclampsia and I hardly slept so I am brainfried. Just wanted to drop by with some love, and also celebrate being full term! :)
Hope your feeling better hun xx:hugs:

Bread and butter pudding is lovely with a bit of marmalade on the bread and butter, or jam, it adds a little twist but it scrummy.

We are watching a different tv chanel today, its awful, all kids adds for every bit of rubbish going, my 7yr old dd is 'can i have that?' so wrong advertising on kids chanels like this, not having it on tomorrow!

Well i have had some funny pains today, from not having any bh i had loads in asda, and then a few pains so i have put my feet up and they have subsided eventually, i rest my case about not doing much in one day!
Baby nice and active though, but that is what seemed to trigger the bh, poor baby can't wriggle now without being squeezed!

Back later i hope,

oh and bargain of the day, huggies newborn box contains pack of newborn nappies and huggies mini tub of wipes to go in change bag, rrp £5 in asda £3 with £2.50 voucher knocked off it came to 50p, bargain!!!
Ohh i love a bargain:happydance:

:hugs: :baby:thinkpink xx

I dont know about that i've thrown away loads this time and given loads away too but then we've been here 2 years (our longest in any house lol). I wish i could spend the disturbance. They gave us it early (i dont know why) so its sat in a savings account but I cant spend it because i'm going to get charged for a door and i dont know how much that'll be and i have to buy a huge dog run (£3-400) because this house doesnt have a 6ft fence all the way round so i dont know how much we'll have left after that and the cleaner plus hubby wants me to do the sensible thing and pay off some debt with it haha!

We are gonna buy new bedroom furniture with ours lol!! We did a skip run this afternoon, its surprising how much you throw away!! This is the longest we have been in a quater too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->