****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Wow 6 babies born can't believe it lol, I'm
full term today ladies :) who are we betting on going next? Xx

WOw another baby! Yay!! Congratulations Zo23 I'm so glad things are going well and you can cuddle your little man!

Limpets you make me giggle with the peanut butter crumpets at all times of the day!!

Well, thank you Miss Physio lady for messing me up completely!! I'm sure it's all the pulling and tugging yesterday that made me so sore through the night, but oh my goodness I barely slept a wink last night for the soreness!! I really hope it eases off today so I can sleep tonight! I couldn't sleep on either side for more than a few minutes before my hips and back were killing me :(

This baby needs to start making an appearance soon before I fall to pieces!

Happy Full Term Shorman! Ouch Louise, doesn't sound good! I was awake half the night too with my hips and back. Sooooo uncomfortable!

No word from Emzy yet this morning? x

:rofl: I feel the need to text her :haha:

Louise thats rubbish :nope:
Shorman :wohoo:

Ha ha Blob!! We are all getting impatient here!! Text away!

No more signs from your good self?

Congrats Zo23 & Babyksmam! :happydance:

I'm full term on DDs birthday (as I had her at bang on 37 weeks with the same due date). So I REALLY don't want to go into labour then! I have a bouncy castle coming, and egg mayo sarnies to make! lol. That said, I might have a bounce on the castle just before it goes at 6pm.. that wouldn't be too bad.

All of you ladies talking about DTD.. I can't even begin to imagine it, even though I'd like to meet baby early.

Well, I did put the nursery furniture up. and today my hands are KILLING me because of using the screwdriver so much! That'll teach me for being impatient!
But now all baby's things can go in drawers once they are washed and ironed :happydance:

I slept quite well last night... We had a great time at the restaurant for MIL's bday. I'm still shattered now though - I'm starting to think that even if I slept all day it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

It's chucking it down here too. That means that I have to go down to the stables and put fresh straw down for horsey. When it doesn't rain, horsey goes outside so I don't have the stable to clean out. Bugger. Becs.. you always have loads of energy, how far away from yorkshire are you? You could take murphy to the stables while you muck out :winkwink: OR babythinkpink... you have lots of kids... maybe they'd do it for some pocket money? My DD is not even 5 yet, and already she's become wise to helping me at the horse. I ask her to fill haynets (to keep her occupied while I do other bits) and she puts the hay on the stable floor and goes to play on the trampoline in the yard. When I asked her why she'd done that, she replied with 'May can still eat it off the floor, it's not mucky cos you've just cleaned it'. Good point.

6 Stars here! Wow! I've got a feeling about emzy i wonder if our 7th Star is on her way as we speak?! So exciting i can't wait for all the Birth stories! AOB has put little Lenis birth story up, with pics hes a little cutie!!
Has anyone NOT had any BHs? I don't think i have? Or is it possible to not know i'm having them?! I don't know haha!
Well hope everyone is good today despite this awful rain :( xxx

Optical I like your DD's style!! I could send my boys over? I could get them there in a couple of hours I reckon! Archie would probably be so OCD he wouldn't go near anything mucky, and Jack would make more mess than cleaning up, but the enthusiasm would be there ha ha!!!

Lilia I'm pretty sure I had none or very few BHs when I was pregnant with Archie. I didn't know what they were when I started getting them when preggers with Jack. This time round they've been there for ages and ages. Maybe you get them more when your uterus has laboured before and knows what it's gearing up for, if you know what I mean? I don't like them anyway, they're uncomfortable!!

Morning!!!

I slept pretty well last night, managed 2 hours at a time between wee trips!! Slept till 8.30am, I feel so much better for it!! Think I was relaxed after a bath and massage! I did also take some paracetamol!! Done all my housework this morning, weather looks a bit naff, so not sure what we are up to today!! Probably take Murphy out somewhere! Booked some refloxology for next week!!

Louise so glad your physio went well, hopefully tonight you will have a better nights sleep xx

Zo23, congrats on your arrival!!!! Crickey the stars are coming thinck and fast now!!

lilia - I don't think I've had BHs! Like you, I keep thinking that I may have had them but just didn't realise haha.

Wow 6 stars here already :) time is flying! xx

Morning all,

I had a wonderful nights sleep last night :winkwink: lol. I was woken by a weird dream this morning (i dreamt i woke up to a tightening across my tummy, i did my hypnobreathing & decided to wait for it to pass before getting up but then i felt a gush & thought s**t my waters have broken. However when i threw back the covers there was my baby! I went into complete shock, called DH to congratulate him, then asked him who else i should call lol, wrapped the baby in a towel, cursed myself for having another load of washing to do ie the bed sheets :haha: & called an ambulance). I was almost afraid to sit up in reality :haha:

Hi everybody, I would like to announce the birth of my son Wyatt Robert! Born at 5:37 this morning...5 pounds 15 ounces and 19 inches. He is 4 weeks early and doing great! Pictures to come...
:happydance: Congratulations hun - glad you & Wyatt are doing well - look forward to pictures :hugs:

Emz - i've been having this for a couple of weeks now, are you anaemic? As it can be a side effect of anaemia. I asked my midwife about it but she told me to see my gp if i was worried :dohh: (considering i have a heart flutter & my brother died age 20 from an undiagnosed heart condition AND Tufty has been monitored closely forheart defects you think SOMEONE would be concerned!). I just take slow deep breaths & remain calm until it passes :thumbup:

Louise - glad i bring a smile to your face! I was just soooo hungry last night. Sadly i have eaten 2 packs of 6 crumpets in 2 days so i need to go buy more now! (glad co-op has them on offer at the moment).

My parents are passing through the midlands today so they are dropping in for a cuppa & to see me :happydance: will be good to see them as i didn't think i'd see them now until i was in labour/had Tufty.

Any news from Emzy - or are our eggs in the wrong basket? C'mon little stars :happydance:

AArghh i'm getting so frustrated! Blankets! What on earth do i need?! I've bought a set with a duvet, bumper etc. but now i have no idea on what blankets or sheets i need? Any ideas? Every website seems to have different ideas and all these words are confusing me! Cellular, flatsheet blah blah!! ha so stressful (or maybe i'm just a bit thick :blush:) Couls somebody help me please?!! xxx

Flatsheets are the ones you have to tuck in, they are rectangle in shape, fitted sheets are the ones with elastic that just slip over! Cellular blankets are those holey type blanket things, then you get fleeces, have you thought about buying a swaddle blanket?? I have bought a couple and then some grobags when she gets a bit bigger!

I have fitted sheets for tucking under the mattresses on my crib & moses basket, cotton flat sheets to put over little one & i have a few swaddling blankets to try too (heard they stop little one from startling themselves awake with their natural reflexes). I have a few heavier blankets (fleece & cotton) but these are mainly intended for use in the pram, i don't have any cellular blankets - i don't like how rough they feel after a while :nope:

Emzdreamgirl - sorry that's baby brain for you, getting my Emz muddled up! :rofl:

Has anyone heard from Emzy? I've just had a skim through the posts I'd missed (6pages!!!) and she hasn't posted that I can see.

Jellycat - Active Birth Class is run by our Natural Birth Unit and I think it's all about positions for natural birth, how to use the birthing ball, ropes etc and probably ways to cope with pain and breathing etc. I'll let you know when I get back this afternoon

Zo23 - Congratulations on the birth of Wyatt :happydance:

Lilia - I've been through this too it's a minefield. I bought Grobags in the end and I'm going to use a fitted sheet on the mattress, baby in a gro bag wearing vest and sleepsuit with Grobag over the top, this should be enough. If the temp is below 16degrees or baby feels cold I'm going to add a cellular blanket over the top of the Grobag. (Cellular just means a blanket with holes in) If you don't use a Grobag I think they say baby in vest & sleepsuit with a sheet and cellular blanket over the top, if temp goes below 16degrees add another blanket. I'm a first time Mum so not an expert but this is what my books say. Hope this helps x Oh and I've got a Merino Kids swaddle to use if the baby is too small for the Grobags when it's newborn.

Oh i have a gro bag too, read somewhere these should ideally only be used from 6 months old :shrug:

Limpets I think if you buy the "official" grobags they are fine as they have adjustable poppers under the arms to ensure a snug fit and that the baby can't slip down into them. I think the warning re:6months applies to the imitation ones that don't have the poppers which is why they aren't FSID apptoved. I checked the FSID website and it says yes to Gro-bags providing they fit snuggle at the neck and around the arms. x

Hi there. Can I ask what the group on facebook is called please? I've been trying to find it and can't. Thanks

september stars 2010, under groups xx

This is what came up when i Typed September stars 2010

Sorry
The link you are trying to visit has been reported as abusive by Facebook users.To learn more about staying safe on the internet, visit our Security Page. You can also check out the malware and phishing Wikipedia articles.

I dont know if this will work but will give it a go.. this is September Stars link :flower:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=112426935470138&ref=ts xx

My gosh it is so confusing! I have a gro-bag but it is 2.5 tog which i think might be a bit much at the moment so i think i need to get a 1 tog one? I will get some cellular blankets, flat sheets (?) and fitted sheets should this be ok? Well that sounds about right for a cot i think , would it be similar for the moses basket and does the moses basket stuff need to be bought seperatley in different sizes? Thankyou for everyones help! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->