****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Congrats Zo23!

:hi: jessmckeiver!

Just a quickie as off to my last antenatal class!

Hi Fish&Chips :) Im guilty of reading and running so will try keep myself posted in here as its not long until bubs arrival. :happydance:

I cant believe how many babies are here already!

Congrats to you ladies with there babies already here and Good Luck to the rest of you, hopefully not much longer now. Im so jelous, i want my baby here now to cuddle :growlmad:

xxx

The whole sheet/blanket/grobag thing is so confusing!! I've got a swaddle blanket thingy this time to try, as I ended up swaddling last time. My thinking is that if I need to, I will pop a cellular blanket over the top of that. I do plan to get a new grobag but am going to wait and see what flavour baby is and then get the appropriate colour and tog for the winter months! I have loads of grobags which are all blue, so maybe I'll already have just the one I need!

Hi Jess! Good to see you!!

Lilia I'm with you on the confusion! I have had loads of blankets of various sizes knitted and crotcheted (?!) for me but I think these are mainly for car seat/pram etc.. I have a set for the cot, using fitted sheets over the mattress, flat sheet and fleece blanket/cellular blanket over the baby, there is a quilt in with it but I'm just using that for show until she's a bit bigger...

You can get fitted sheets, flat sheets and cellular blankets especially for moses baskets, I have some of each, again my main confusion is what blankets to put over the top of the baby, in this case I think I might use a flat sheet with either a small fleece blanket or cellular blanket over the top. I wish they told you exactly how to do it, this is the thing that has me most worried if I'm honest which is probably really silly as I'm sure it will all come naturally once she is here!

With both the boys I was constantly checking if they were too warm or not warm enough! I think I will be just the same with this one!

Limpets I think if you buy the "official" grobags they are fine as they have adjustable poppers under the arms to ensure a snug fit and that the baby can't slip down into them. I think the warning re:6months applies to the imitation ones that don't have the poppers which is why they aren't FSID apptoved. I checked the FSID website and it says yes to Gro-bags providing they fit snuggle at the neck and around the arms. x
Oooh i didn't know that - thanks hun! I prefer the grow bags :thumbup:.
It is a worrying thing isn't it :wacko:

Re moses basket sizes - i have blankets for my swinging crib which fit both so i can use either on both :thumbup:

Woohoo my cot mobile has just arrived - off to fit it :happydance:

Hi ladies. Hope you dont mind me butting in after all this time. I do keep watch of this thread as im always curious to see how you all are and if any babies have come! I'm 35 weeks now and had a rubbish nights sleep. I was going toilet every 10mins or so through the night. Is anyone else the same? I can feel baby pressing against my bladder real bad and its mostly at night!
with the sleeping situation, I find it confusing too! Theres so much choice, i guess we just have to do what we thinks best :) suppose it depends on room temp too, and our room is generally pretty cool, so we might practice beforehand trying to maintain a good temp.
Ive just requested to join Sep Stars on facebook, so just so you know, im Dani and I'm due Sep 18th :)
xxx

p.s. which 2 most recent babies have been born that i have missed?

:lol:

With blankets i will just go with the flow... if baby likes to be swaddled then i will do that. If not then i will use a gro bag, my house is so so hot that baby will either only live in a vest or just sleepsuit. Once your :baby: is here you wont stress about it as its just common sense.

I want another star born please...one of the full term ones :lol:

It could be you from tomorrow..... at home?.....

:rofl: Yea that would be AMAZING!! But i just have this feeling that baby isnt ready yet? All the pains etc i was feeling have gone and i feel normal :lol:

It could be you from tomorrow..... at home?.....
Yeah c'mon blob :haha:

I'm debating a thermometer for the room so i can keep an eye on the temp, i like it hot but DH could happily live in an igloo! He tends to win as i can't be doing with his grumps in the mornings :growlmad:

Just packed Tufty's clothes into his/her hospital bag & put the mobile on the crib - it looks so empy & made me feel sad so i put a Dumbo plush i bought months ago in there so i don't have to look at a totally empy crib, how silly huh!

I just went with the flow, you know if baby is too hot? The temps they say are silly as my DD would freeze. Our house is always 26c and they say that my baby should then have no covers and its too hot etc etc... but Tabs was freezing like that and she slept in a sleepsuit and her sleeping bag? It really just like you and your husband depends on the person not the 'norm'

ropes etc
:haha: is that to strangle your other half or to pull the little one out :haha:

well he's being quite well behaved at the moment, but I'll have to wait and see whether he takes the class seriously :rofl:

On the Grobag front - I've just been checking and it says not to use until the baby is 4kg 8lb8oz so I guess it will probably be the Swaddling for a couple of weeks as I keep being told my baby is average. Temp wise it says a 2.5tog is for 10-20 degrees and a 1 tog is for 21-23 degrees. I can't see it reaching over 20 degrees at night come the end of Sept so the two I have bought are 2.5tog. If it was around 20degrees, I'd probably just put the baby in the Grobag in a vest rather than a sleepsuit too.

I've found the Izziwotnot Cellular blankets to be the softest - I agree that a lot of them feel quite stiff. I bought some nice Pram fitted sheets and flat sheets in Matalan of all places. I don't have a Moses basket but it says Pram/Moses Basket on the packaging. My swinging crib sheets are from Mamas&Papas as I was warned the Mothercare ones had a tendency to shrink.

Limpets - I bought a Grobag Egg Thermometer 2nd hand on Ebay for our room. I quite like the fact that it changes colour so you can see the temp at a glance. Blue is below 16 degrees, Yellow is normal and Red is over 20 degrees. It acts like a nightlight too. I think that between that and my Lumlilove nightlight I won't have to put a proper lamp on if the baby wakes in the night.

OH MY LORD. I could cry. I am having the worst Friday 13th ever!!
I am sat here like a complete slob in old clothes hair a mess etc. (tramp , i know!) and the someone came to the door. I stood up to answer the door and knocked a glass of Vimto all over the floor :( I got to the door and noticed the dog had done a huge poo behind the door (She has NEVER poo'd inside!). I had to answer because the man had seen me, so i opened the door, whilst trying to hide the poo, to find a deliveryman who i recognised as a customer from the bar i used to work in. The dog ran out and jumped at him so i had to run out and grab her and pull her into the house at the same time as this, giving him a right look down my top :blush:. I was that flustered that i signed in the wrong place about 4 times! He must have thought bloody hell her house stinks of sh*t!!
I actually can't believe it! I have no idea why the dog decided to poo inside today! I've just had to get on my hands and knees (easier said than done!!) and scrub vimto and poo off my carpet :cry:
I'm dreading the rest of today haha! xxx

Oh BTW limpets we got a room thermometer from babies r us for about 2.99! x x

OMG! How much to catch up on!!!

Congrats to our latest little star, look forward to the story!

Baby blankets! Ahh, the minefield that is!
Right, duvets are out til 1 yr old, they are too difficult to control and to easy get stuck under.
If you are worried use a room thermometer so you know your room is in the range it should be.
Clothing wise baby needs one more layer than we do, so if you only need a t- shirt baby only needs a vest under that.
Blankets, i think in September its still nice and warm, so if baby has a short sleeved vest and a long sleeved grow then just a light blanket, perhaps a fleece and a single sheet just placed over baby, you will know quite quickly if baby settles better swaddled or not, and so just go with how baby is happier.
Grow bags are good in the winter to stop baby wriggling out of the covers and waking up cold, so as ours are not winter babies its not something we need to worry about yet anyway.
That is it, some babies are naturally hot, my first was warm and loved being warm, so just an extra blanket for him, trial and error til baby is happy and the more settled the baby is shows how content they are, my youngest was never happy, swaddled, not swaddled, warm, cool, she was just fussy, and wanted feeding constantly then would throw up, so a dummy was the answer, and she was a bit better but still never happy! She had a milk intolorance and that explains it now!:dohh:

Anyway just some ramblings, hope it helps!

I can't remember all the names but i have some of you guys on my facebook so if you find a Clare Milligan with some fellow stars as friends then add me!! Just say who you are!

Got to go, mil hare and going to make her some toast and stop the kids trashing the kitchen any more than they have already!

Hope to catch up on personals later :hugs: xx

congrats zo23! :happydance:

the whole blankets/covers situation confuses me too, but I'm trying not to worry too much about it - I'm sure it will feel like instinct once baby is here. seem ridiculous that they seel the moses basket with a beautiful coverlet that you can't even use though!

Awww lilia... That sounds just like something that would happen to me. For some reason, whenever I decide to just 'nip down the street' in my slobby P45 clothes, no makeup and hair scragged back, I always manage to bump into OH's beauty-salon-worker ex.

As for covers, I bought a 'Coverlet' from Mothercare in the 'please look after me' range that we've gone for, and it's GORGEOUS! It's a fleece on one side (nearest bubs) and cotton on the other, and it's sooooo soft. And, because it's not a quilt, you can use it straight away. It's in the cot size, but I refuse to buy loads of bedding extra for my moses basket (as bubs won't be in it that long), so could just tuck it under. That said, moses basket has a blanket, so it might not be used until bubs is in the cot anyway.

I know they say to keep baby in with you until 6months/a year old, but my cot won't fit in my bedroom. The moses basket goes next to my bed, but when baby is too big for that, it'll have to go in it's own room. Is anyone else doing this? Is it really a bad thing to do?

^^^ My DS went into his own room at 9 weeks when he started sleeping through the night and if this little one had a nursery I would be doing the same thing...unfortunately he will be in with us until we sell the flat! :-( He was perfectly fine and it made getting into a routine a lot easier to be honest. But it is all personal....my 9yr old nephew still gets in with his mum every night as she liked him in her room!!

Had my nap and had no energy so decided to take the dog out on a lovely long walk...whilst sitting in the field after walking for 45mins I came across an old lady. Whilst talking I mentioned being pregnant to which she said 'I didn't like to say anything incase you were just a bit chubby!!!' lol

Lilia I had a delivery the other day and once he had left I was so embarrased....I had a white vest top on that is way too small and had ridden up and rested on the top of my bump. I may add, I had not even brushed my hair or had a shower and certainly wasn't wearing a bra. So I open the door to a nice looking young man and sign for my delivery without a thought. Once he had gone I thought OMG, NO! He got an eyeful of my huge belly and he could quite clearly see my nipples too!! But it did make me chuckle.

Perhaps no news from Emzy may mean she is in labour...Is anyone her text buddy? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->