****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Jelly Cat im sure that explains the pain i've been having and it happens about 4-5 times in a minute probably every 10-12 hours its really strange!!! Like baby is trying to find a way out... im going to ask the health visitor about it when she comes in about half an hour.

Thanks ladies!

Louise - good for you! It's about time that stupid cow realised she can't dictate your lives. I didn't realise that there was no order in place so in a bizarre way you actually have more power and control. As you know in our case the bloody thing isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Jellycat - I've been getting a lot of cervix pain the last couple of days and I was paranoid the baby had got it's feet engaged and was kicking me. As it turns out it's probably the pressure of the baby's head and also the odd sensation I've been getting around my bladder is the baby's hand as we saw it doing it at the scan!

Drazic - how exciting - it looks like you are going to be next. Sending you lots of labour :dust: xx

Carley - I'm only starting my RLT tablets today as I didn't want to take them when the baby was breech. On the packet it says 3 to 6 a day. I don't know whether you take them all together - I assume not. I thought I'd take 4 today and then start taking 6 from next week when I'm full term

x

Thanks girls, going to go for yet another walk, see if I can get things moving again! So close and yet so far! :rofl:

Oooh Drazic how exciting!!! Good luck hun. Lots of labour dust coming your way.

Well that wasnt so bad at all - theres me thinking that some battleaxe health visitor was going to come in a snoop around and she was LOVELY!!! AND she was a crazy cat lady too so didnt mind the 5 cats at all.....she just said that baby will have to adapt to whatever surroundings it gets and as long as you dont go too near cat poo or let cats sleep in the cot all will be fine!! So im totally relieved.....

got my "little red book" all ready to fill in once baby is here.... seems bloody real now!!

need to go back and read through the others again just wanted to say good luck Drazic im keeping everything crossed for you hun x

Good luck drazic, hope things get moving soon!
Yay fab news MrsJ!!
Good news on the HV Carley, mines coming over next Wednesday.
I started taking the RLT at 32 weeks, 1 a day & upping it by one each week. On the packet it says 3-6 daily but I thought I'd start small just in case it didn't agree!

Yay MrsJ!! That is fab news about baby turning!! Woo hoo!! Moxibustion works eh?!! Fab!

And Drazic, brill, keep on the move and lets see what baby Simba looks like! Yay!

Thanks ladies for all your comments and support, I feel much better today. And I think as far as the homebirth thing goes, as long as they show willing and say they will try and get someone out, they've done their bit. I am going to think positive for the next few days, and see what happens!

One good thing! I am now officially the most pregnant I've ever been! Jack was born at 36 weeks and 4 days, early afternoon! So I am more pregnant than that now! How exciting!!

Oooh Lilia, yep if I go in it will be Stepping Hill. They've been good there twice before to be honest, so I suppose I shouldn't be too upset!

Just popping in to say :hi: but wanted to say...

WOOOOOO Drazic!! So excited for you! Lots of labour dust coming your way. Goooooo Simba :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hope you are all good today x

Good Luck Drazic. Sending lots of labour dust your way.
:dust:

Thanks so much girls, lulled off to a dull period pain now. Hopefully everything will kick off again tonight when I relax. OH has made me walk all day (even had to bend over the freezer in Asda for a tightening!) I have pineapple for pudding and spicy tacos for tea. He keeps bringing in RLT and has been going on about DTD - Anyone think he is impatient! :rofl:

Really glad it went well Carley, they don't do that here I don't think - either that or they have forgotten about me!

Emzy, hope you are settling in to mummyhood. It blows my mind to look at your little princess and think I have one of those (almost exactly the same gestation!) in my belly. Also, weird to think your babe is older, but was due on the same day! She is amazing, hope you are healing well :hugs:

Jellycat - I have had the same pains, got lots of them since yesterday. Think it's part of baby engaging. :)

Asher, really hope babe holds out so you get your homebirth. So so close! I'll take your labour vibes for now! :winkwink:

Mrs_N, I went for the same idea with RLT. I am now drinking 2 cups (if I remember or am not in the hospital!) and taking 4 of the tablets. I did build it slowly though and probably won't up it anymore.

Louise, sounds like things are stressful hunny. Sending :hugs: and well done for putting your foot down. :hugs:

Sorry if I am missing anything, my brain is a bit wonky. Just had a friend drop off some baby clothes they don't need anymore and loads of it is new John Lewis and posh lovlies! -x-

:hi: halley

Ladies, my Izziwotnot bedding arrived today and I'm really pleased with it. I ordered it on Ebay so I wanted to recommend the Ebay shop https://stores.ebay.co.uk/LINENS-LIMITED
I ordered some sheets and a nice cellular blanket. I find their quality to be good and although I bought the fitted sheets for my Crib from M&P I wasn't prepared to pay £16 for flat sheets or £12 for a Cellular blanket from them. I'm glad I didn't now as I got both for less than the price of the sheets from Ebay. My Crib and pram are now ready with fresh linen on and I have also put the drapes up on the crib so I thought I would post a pic x

Attachments

• Dressed Crib.jpg
    Dressed Crib.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi ladies,
Not long back from the hospital & no further along than i was yesterday. The consultant agreed the amount of oedema i have is abnormal for pregnancy, this & my palpitations are concerns for my cardiac wellbeing & i should of had a referral for cardiac investigation in my 1st trimester. Any referral now won't be acted upon for a few months but he's done one anyway so at least his back is covered :dohh:. When i told him i was going for an ecg after my appt with him he seemed pleased & asked me to ask them to review the report immediately so i had an outcome. On examination he said Tufty isn't engaged at all (despite the midwife saying he/she was) & he said he would have exepcted me to be engaged by now being my 1st baby (apparently subsequent babies engage earlier). He also asked why i was bothering with thrush treatment????????? I felt like doing things to his man bits which would not be deemed lady like :blush: typical of a man who has no idea how uncomfortable thrush can be, let alone delivering a baby with it :growlmad:. The consultant doesn't want to see me now until i'm past my due date & i still have no midwife (i asked - i got looked at like i'd lost the plot, then i got politely smiled at :dohh::dohh::dohh:) so i have no consultant & no midwife weyhey!
Sooooo, over to cardiology i weebled, had my ecg, told them what the consultant had asked me to tell them. I was told it would take a week for it to be reported on then the results would be sent back to my gp. I didn't even bother to put up a defence - i trully have given up now!
Oh when i got home i also realised he never bothered to review my blood results either, so i've text one of the nurse consultants i work with & asked her if she'd glance over them & let me know if there's anything i need to act upon.

Anyway - i'm glad they didn't keep me in (which was my fear) so i'm home now, have blown up my gym ball & am bouncing up & down on it as we speak, willing Tufty to engage. I have 4 huuuuge punnets of plums which DH bought home from his parents house last night (gotta love their orchard!!!! but no idea what i'm gonna do with them all - aparently he froze the majority of them at his parents already eeeeek) and i have jarred up 7 large jars of pickled shallotts :thumbup: mmmmmm - roll on christmas heehee!

Asher :hugs: for your plans being messed up, as long as you & bubba are safe & sound just keep thinking positive thoughts :hugs:

Awww MrsJ08 - soo happy for your baby turning around :happydance: that has cheered me up no end hun :hugs: Lovely crib too - looks like the one i have (but i have no drapes :nope: damn :haha:).

how many RLT tablets should i be taking per day for them to work?
Have you not bloody started them yet - i sent them aaaages ago :dohh:. I started about week 32 taking 1 a day for a week then increased the amount by 1 tablet a week so now i'm on 5 tablets a day as 6 is the maximum dose. The idea is to build up the levels in you gradually hth :hugs:

Awww Drazic - here's hoping something happens soon for you hun - how very frustrating!

Well, i'm gonna go carry on bouncing (must admit i'm quite enjoying it - if nothing else i'll have fabulously toned ass by the time Tufty arrives :haha:) & take a peek at that ebay link xxx

LOL @ carley - i thought you didn't DO long posts :haha:

Thanks Limpets - your hospital is unbelievable! Well done you for keeping calm, I honestly think I would have kicked off at that point. Lucky you can have someone check the blood test results for you.

My Crib is from Mothercare (we bought it 2nd hand on Ebay for £25) It didn't come with a drape rod but I bought one for £4 on good old Ebay and DH screwed it onto the cot because I didn't think it was secure enough otherwise. The Crib set is "I love my bear" from Toys r us which I think a lot of people also have.

We bought the dog a bone this morning and he just tried to hide it in the basket for the pram :rofl: I don't know who he thinks is going to steal his horrible bone! I think I'll have to keep my eye out for him depositing things in the pram basket as it's just the right height for him and quite roomy.....

Thanks MrsJ08, i'm just glad i'm as clued up as i am & feel i can manage my own care - bloody health professionals :haha:
Mine is a mothercare one off ebay too :haha::haha::haha: great minds eh! Although i paid £45 but it did come with the old mattress, a new one still sealed, a full Winnie the Pooh bed set & extra blankets, sheets & bumpers :thumbup:

lol @ the dog bless - how amusing! My cat still has a soft spot for the Fisher Price giraffe on the playmat :haha:

OOOOOOO i just nearly got caught!! Dave's supposed to be working until 8pm and just did a surprise visit to say hi but i was FAST ASLEEP on the sofa... thank god he slammed the door i woke up, wiped away the dribble and looked as though id been there all the time lol.... might go and put my head down properly for half an hour i obviously need it.

my baby has turned around and is now head down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fab news, so please baby has moved! Did you notice any difference at any time? I noticed today hickups are starting low not high, righ down low they were, started in my pelvis! But i think my baby has been pretty freely moving about til now, and still is fairly ferr, it feels cramped to me but baby doesn't seem to think so!
Well done, on with the rasberry leaf tea, curry and sex!!:haha:

Question for the day - Does anyone get a sudden very strong pain up by the Cervix ? It almost took my breath away at lunchtime.

Yes, get it lots, i have been told it is the baby turning its head, and it sort of grinds in the pelvis resulting in a really strong twisting sharp pain, ooowwwieee!!

As for induction, they have said they won't make me go more than a few days over 40 weeks, but they are hopeful that I will pop before. Please send tonnes of labour dust, I want to get this going now it's sorta started! :hugs:

Poor love, hope things get moving soon, slow early labour is horrible, you keep thinking here we go, then...nothing!:hugs:

got my "little red book" all ready to fill in once baby is here.... seems bloody real now!!

That is scarily real now, the little red book!!:hugs:

OOOOOOO i just nearly got caught!! Dave's supposed to be working until 8pm and just did a surprise visit to say hi but i was FAST ASLEEP on the sofa... thank god he slammed the door i woke up, wiped away the dribble and looked as though id been there all the time lol.... might go and put my head down properly for half an hour i obviously need it.

I love this, i keep dribbiling in my sleep too, wake up with it on my pillow:haha:

Well nice day, had a nap this morning for an hour, did me the world of good.
Dh has said early night tonight, i have pre warned him today of his expected duties come September 1st:haha: He gave me a worried look, but didn't say no:happydance:
I was explaining how dtd is the only really good method:thumbup:

Got to go and sort tea out, roast chicken tonight, yum!

Back later,

I am spending a lot of my day in my pj's, i only get changed if i go out!! Then i get back and get them straight on!
Plus 2 showers a day, this morning i was getting dressed and i caught sight of bump in the mirror, a leg or something went across and it looked so weird as i was looking from the front not down, very strange!

Got to go, being nagged not to burn tea! :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->