****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

HUGE congrats MamaB!!!!!!!

Good Luck Rocky, and bekklez - that's great news!

Thanks 4 the post on early labour signs.. although nothing is happening fvor me this end. I actually feel surprisingly good (apart from the heartburn which woke me up at 3am). I've managed to walk the dog today, and go down to feed the horse myself (instead of OH doing it for me). Yesterday was DD's 5th birthday, and the party was great. Loads of people turned up (which I was worried about), and although I was shattered, everyone had a great time.

I've been to the midwife again today (even though I went last week) because she's away next week on holiday. FH is 37cms, sample was clear, 1/5 engaged and head down, but the little bugger is now back-to-back. Ah well, i've got another 4/5 to go for bubs to turn around again. I need a birthing ball really. And I need to keep to the RLT tablets - I keep forgetting or not bothering (because of the heartburn).

DD is sat here eating chocolate cake with OH... They're being naughty, and sneaking it even though she WAS in bed (but he must have woke her up getting out of the bath). I love em to bits :)

Optical, gad your DD had a nice birthday and that mw went well!!!

I'm finding baths far too uncomfortable too, i think its mostly because our bath is really shallow, and our hot water tank isn't very sufficient, so i end up with a sore back, in not very warm water :(

I was just about to post the same thing.... I've been looking forward to a bath for weeks bought some nice smellys etc. Got in the bath tonight and it was the most uncomfortable annoying 5 minutes (I got out and had a shower). The water didnt even cover 1/2 my bump so I sat forward and felt uncomfortable because baby was being squashed..... I'm so dissappointed :sad2::sad2::sad2::hissy::hissy::hissy::grr::grr:

Rocky good luck :happydance:

Bekkelez WoW 10 days brilliant :thumbup:

Genies :kiss: hope all goes well with your results tomorrow

Asher really hope things progress for you soon xx

BTW those who are looking for baby converse...you know there is someone on BnB who does personalised ones?? :rofl: Im getting Tabs some :cloud9:

Thanks Jelly cat , i feel for you with the bath situation its very frustrating isnt it x

Yeah, i've accepted i'll just have to wait until after the baby now for my relaxing soaks xx

Hi all. Thought I'd pop on to say hi. You ladies have been busy again today!!! Congratulations to Mamabird on the birth of her little girl.

I have been getting symptoms like a lot of you ladies on here. I had BH all day on the hour and increased discharge too!. This is all new to me as I had no pains the first time round as had to be induced 3 times with no dilation/pains or anything before having a c-section. So I'm finding it strange to have these symptoms this time. It would be nice to have natural labour this time as I'm not going to have any more but I'm not being optimistic (but you never know). xx

drazic and limpetsmum have u seen the converse with the swavorski crystals?? there soo cute ! x
Really ooooooooooooooooh!

Jellycat - i think that was my problem :cry:

BTW those who are looking for baby converse...you know there is someone on BnB who does personalised ones?? Im getting Tabs some
Ooooooh could i possibly ask you to PM me their details please hun? :blush:

Right - i'm off to bed, night night ladies - till tomorrow xxx :hugs: xxx

Evening everyone!

First of all, congrats Mamabird on Baby Peyton! :happydance:

Best of luck and happy birthing to all of you who seem like something is happening!

I've been so resolute that I'll go 40 weeks plus, but tonight, I had a couple of BH contractions that were painful enough to take my breath away.
Husband looked at me and said, "Please don't have a baby tonight. I'm way too tired for that." :rofl:
I heartily agreed.
He's getting sympathy pregnancy fatigue, poor fellow. Actually, it's more like it's those bloody night shifts he works. I don't know how he does it. I'm a sleep weenie. If I don't get a good sleep, I'm pretty wrecked. I don't think I'd handle the work schedule of a paramedic very well. :nope:

So I have to share an episode of absolutely spectacular naughtiness from Simon last night.
We put him to bed around 7:30, expecting him to be bouncing around in his crib for his usual 30-60 minutes before he falls asleep.
Instead, he got really quiet right away and we were congratulating ourselves on our clever parenting strategy of wearing him out at the toddler park earlier in the day.
Around 9:30, we heard a little noise coming from his room.
Husband went in to investigate and found Simon perched on top of his change table, holding an almost empty, economy-sized tub of vaseline.
He was coated in the stuff.
I'm talking head to toe shining grease. His pajamas were so coated, they were transparent. I don't know how we picked him up without him sliding right out of our grasp.
He had somehow managed a spectacular rock climbing manoeuvre that had hoisted him out of his crib onto his dresser, across his dresser into the new baby's crib, and up onto the change table. There was a minor path of destruction that charted the two hours of free roaming toddler terror that had taken place, but I consider us incredibly lucky that most of the room was still intact.
The best part is that when husband caught him, Simon looked a bit guilty , then explained, "Poop!" We are guessing he was trying to pretend that he was changing himself?
I laughed myself almost sick, then offered up fervent thanks to the parenting gods that he wasn't injured and that the damage done was so minimal, considering.
And I am currently taking the advice of the internet on using Dawn dish detergent (the one most commonly used to get oil slick off wildlife) to get vaseline out of clothes. I'll let you all know the fascinating results. :)
Probably the most disturbing part of the whole episode is that his mischief instinct kept him so very quiet while having all this naughty naughty fun.
And we didn't check because we thought he was sleeping. :dohh:

Something tells me that this is just the beginning with that kidlet. Yikes!

Argh Sarah, that is fantastic! What a little monkey Simon is!

I see we have another star! MummytoAsher has had her wee boy!

Well, I am still very much here! Had a lovely night's sleep, and feel refreshed. My pain seems to have settled. Still plenty of discharge and mucous, lots of back pain, but very few contraction type pains. And there was me thinking my birthday present would be a baby! Obviously not!!

Sarahkka I think I would have found that to funny :/ I'm going to be useless telling a toddler off for doing wrong, i'l end up laughing :/

Asher is your bithday today? I can't remmber :S Happy birthday if it is :D

I'm 39 weeks today, so this baby best start making his way out! I have MW tomorrow afternoon, hoping she tell's me he's engaged.
talking of being engaged....I don't think i'l ever be engaged!! :mad: OH's friend asked OH when we was getting married (he used to always ask when we was having kid's and I ended up pregnant!!), but my OH turned around and said when his daughter is 18 (she's 2 atm!)....

Hi Limpetsmum, no sorry I didn't answer the question about where we go after the babies are born. I think it's a great idea but after 9 months of looking after theses pages I just thought somebody else might like to host it? Any takers?

Louise, hope the wetness is your waters. Am really hoping the baby comes soon for you under the circumstances.

Also Emma, you sound like you're having a really tough time. If baby doesn't come soon, I hope you get an induction date for Saturday.

Danielle, I've also heard about people freezing their colostrum pre-labour but apparently it's such a small amount that the best thing to do is to store it in ice cube trays. Then you can defrost one cube at a time if you need it after the baby comes, as their stomachs are so small that is all they need for one feed.

oooh another Star? Will go check out the thread, thanks for the info Asher! Congrats MummytoAsher!!!

x

yeah I was thinking about just using a ice cube tray because I keep forgetting to go to mothercare :)

Oh yeah I just noticed that too. Wonder why that is?

Thanks for the b'day wishes!! Was hoping to have a REALLY nice pressie, but don't think today's the day now! Ah well. Instead of moaning, I am going to enjoy the fact I have my very own little person in my tummy!

we've only mved to group and discussion's....the august thread as moved too :)

Sarah - thanks for sharing Simon's mischevious behaviour with us. It was a very entertaining start to the day!

x

Morning!

Woo hoo another star!! Congrats mummytoasher on your wee boy!

Happy birthday Asher!! Hope you have a great day!! And maybe our next star?

I would never have noticed we had moved lol

well I am still on my wo is me road.
A really bad nights sleep due to hip/back pain. A huge horrible period cramp during the night then Nathan decides 05:30am is wake up time today! OH basically ran off to work so it's taken until now for me to get us up and dressed and fed and ready for the day. But obviously the screams from Nathan have let our neighbours know we are up as she is doing her hoovering lol

can't wait for 11am when my mum is coming to look after the wee man while I head off to clinic and monitor etc...only good thing is I look like rubbish, can barely walk and am in pain so we will see if they take pity and give me a close induction date!

I had my early birthday tea last night as OH is working late until Friday now. So opted for a nice spicey curry...it was so good and have the rest in fridge for tonight! That said it was a very windy night in our house last night and I have had a few loo trips today!

But anyway hope you all have a great day and maybecwe will hear of new stars today...will be back tonight to update you on my clinic etc.

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"