****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

i've just requested to join too my name is Mel Evans x

:wave: hey everyone who has moved over :hi:

Optical someone came out to view one of our horses today, think it went quite well. But its kinda different, we're selling him cos he wont move on fast enough its not a heart breaking sell :hugs:

:rofl: glad you got your seat Emma and everythings going well :)

I still havent even sent off for my HIP stuff :dohh: REALLY need to get one that :nope:

oo you have horses? (so random sorry!) i used to loan a horse when i was younger and want to get a pony for my boys, can you reccomend an age for kiddies to start riding and getting involved in horses?

Knock Knock - can I come in? I'm in 3rd Tri woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I can't believe I'm on the home straight, it's so exciting.

Mamabird - I'm going to request to join your group shortly my real name is Louise John

Louise - you know that I know exactly how you feel! It amazes me that these women honestly can't see what is in the best interests of their children. I just put it down to them being so bitter, twisted and jealous that they can't think straight. We have just had a contact issue too, SD wants to go to a party next Saturday night so we said that was fine and we would pick her up on Saturday morning providing her Mum would send a quick text confirming a Saturday collection was ok. (We normally collect her on a Friday) DH spoke to SD last night and her Mum has refused, so we will have to drive the 300 miles there on the Friday afternoon and pay to stay over so that she can go to the party. Unfortunately, her mother is fixated on causing us the most inconvenience and of course if we say SD can't go to the party then we will be the bad guys. What's more, I will have to re-arrange my GTT & MW appointment as I won't be here on the Saturday morning to have it. DH has just been talking about cancelling contact altogether for next weekend but I'm not sure that's the right thing to do. It's such a shame that your SS's Mum won't allow them to see you while your DH is in Afghanistan. No doubt if your DH sends them letters etc their Mum won't send them on. Is your DH friendly with the grandparents at all? We have found that in moments of desperation my SD's grandmother (her Mum's Mum) has been quite helpful and passed messages etc on because she know's it's in SD's interest.

x

Mrs J, Her Mum died last year (and she was a vile, nasty spiteful woman anyway, on many occasions I had her in my face screaming about me being happy about splitting up a 'happy' family.... whatever!! )and she doesn't really talk to her Dad, he lives in Wales .. she is in some contact with her Nan (her dads mum) but only really if she needs babysitting duties so no help there really..... plus her Nan is another one that's like her mum, vile and horrid! Wayne has told her that he will send letters to the boys via me, and any phone calls would be done when they are here... of course she says no, but he has told her in no uncertain terms that he will NOT be ringing her when he is away, to speak to the boys or not... he only gets 20 mins a week and we wouldn't put it past her to just hold on to the phone and waste his time. I expect that a few weeks in she will be getting one of the boys to ring me to tell me i'm 'allowed' to pick them up.. we'll see!

As for yours, have you tried calling her bluff? Say that you can't get there to collect her on the Friday blah blah so if she doesn't allow you to collect them on the Saturday then it will have to be left for this weekend... in our experience when we have said this, suddenly she backtracks and it's ok for us to pick them up slightly later or whatever... if she is anything like my SS's mother then the prospect of having to look after her children for a weekend will fill her with dread and she'll be suddenly much more accomdating!

Hello!

God it sounds horrible all the issues with your step kids...Not really what you need right now.

As for the work gift/collection with Nathan I requested I didnt want anything done tea party, collection nowt (mainly as people had been so horrible to me at work and I wanted nothing from them) and they still collected and bought a few grows and the gave me a mothercare gift card. Which was actually quite touching since some behaved really bad...anyways I found the mothercare gift card great as he got bigger and needed a few extra bits we hadnt got due to either not knowing or not buying as it was for older babies. Handy when your on the crappy mat pay.

I have requested this time nothing be done...but also said to my good friends at work who did the collection anyways last time I would prefer the money to go to our special care baby unit as we really need nothing.

Well I am so shattered today. Took my OH a good hours drive to buy him sweets from his childhood for fathers day. Took me a few days to track down a shop near and that stocked his favourite sweet:dohh:

Then we went home via a shopping centre round where OH works and I got my eyebrows threaded (its been at least 6 months since I had them done!) Getting my eyes tested on Friday then a week friday I get my hair chopped...really fancy getting a pedicure but with those minx toe nail things...mainly as if I get polish done I usually manage to chip it within the day and this supposedly last 4 weeks....so might get that done once I am on mat leave...only 6 1/2 weeks until I am on annual leave which is only 5 1/2 weeks left to actually work or 11 shifts:happydance::happydance::happydance:

And then I went and picked up loads of size 2 huggies nappies for £10 as the person had bought loads then their baby out grew...I am a bit of a bargain queen:blush:

Oh and I cant remember who posted it but I am very short fused right now too...doesnt take much to make me explode about random little things:wacko:

Emma.xx

Louise - Funnily enough we were just talking about that sometimes calling her bluff does work but primarily because SD gives her so much grief she gives in, in the end. We are a little suspicious about next weekend though as apparently her Mum is getting married next Monday and they are going on Honeymoon. When we asked SD who was looking after her she said her Auntie would be "popping in" to keep an eye on her and her 16 year old sister. If we discover this is the case we will call social services because she has done this before and we don't think it's appropriate for her to leave an 11 and 16 year old in the house alone without an adult present, especially at night. DH is inclined to take the opportunity to cancel next weekend as our finances are not great at the moment and it would save us £100 or so. That's money we can put towards activities for the 3 weeks we have her in the Summer. The longest we have had her so far is 2 weeks and that was really hard as she doesn't have anyone her own age here to play with, so we have to keep her occupied all the time. I don't want to end up having the computer/wii babysit her all the time but by then I don't think I'm going to have the patience to be constantly doing things with her and we will have a lot of things to prepare for the baby then too. We are planning on getting her involved in doing things like setting the cot up and shopping so she feels part of everything.

It's a shame none of the Mum's family can help you out. All of my SD's Mum's sisters are much the same as her, don't get me wrong her Grandmother is no saint, she's an alcoholic for a start but she is more approachable than the other's and likes my DH. I think you are right about being told you are "allowed" to collect the boys while your DH is in Afghanistan, because from what you have said there is no way she will want to go a full 6 months having to look after them every weekend.

Limpetsmum - I meant to say before, you are a terrible influence. After you mentioned the Wallaboo wrap I "Googled" it and ended up buying the last one on Kiddicare that was Half Price (£21.95) with the £ my Mum gave me for my birthday on Friday. I hope it's as lovely as it looks in the pics. I'm hoping it will be good to use with the car seat as I bought it instead of one of those Morrck ones which do a similar thing. I thought the Wallaboo one was more versatile though, especially as you can use it as a blanket/mat too. If it arrives tomorrow, I will let you know what it is like x

Louise she is one nasty twisted sick bitch, I agree about the pavement. How can people play with their kids like that?? She is just a piss taker.

Apaton, what a nightmare. The same thing happened to my Mum a couple of months back, all very stressful x

I am finding that my portion sizes are getting smaller as I just can't seem to pack it in anymore LMAO!!!!

I'm finding that too Becs!!! Eyes are DEFINATELY bigger than belly, I'll sit down to eat a meal all the while thinking about the ice cream for afterwards only to find that I'm too full for afters!!!

Optical what fluff did you buy :wohoo:

OMG :shock: Apaton i cant believe someone did that :nope:

Mummy to Asher Tabs has a pony now :wohoo: she LOVES it!! It wasnt until she was about 14 months ish that she started to like them and not until she got her own? She wasnt too fussed by them when they were the eventers? :wacko:

I'm gettting impatient now :rofl: I havent felt any hurry this pregnancy at all...until now :haha:

Evening ladies I am so crap at the moment, just a quick post from me, I am soooo tired today. Awful night's sleep last night, just want to go to bed!

Hope you're all ok, back tomorrow. x

Ahhhhhh, I just want to cry. Bloody cat has just weed all over the beanbag in the study. I've just spent the last hour trying to clean it up but just can't get rid of the smell. Now I don't know if it is really there or if I am imagining it!!!! She knows she's in trouble and is cowering in the garden now. Why oh why am I feeling guilty?????

OOOhhh Cat, mine used to do things like that ALL the time! She suffers from cystitis bless her! THe only real way to get rid of the smell that lingers is by hanging it out on the washing line and letting the air get to it....... it really works!

By the way, I noticed on lots of people's facebook status' that lots of babies are hanging around the ribs area!! Same here, it's the weirdest feeling! I described it to DH like when you lean over the handlebars on a bike and kind of rest them under your ribs?! hee hee.... well right now I'm sitting on the sofa kind of leaned to my right hand side, because I swear there is an arm/leg sticking out accross the left side of my bump quite high up! I can move it!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Louise. I will try that. The worse thing is that it isn't even my beanbag. It belongs to my brother and my husband had borrowed it to use for his playstation. I could just return it and hope he doesn't notice!!!

The cat is now sitting next to me on the sofa giving me the eye and looking all sorry for herself. No doubt, I will crack soon and forgive her.

Hee hee bless them, they are so good at looking cute when they want forgiving for something!! I actually think my cat has a tick in her neck at the moment, I rang the vets this morning and they said to smother it in vaseline so it suffocates and drops off, but (and I know this is pathetic) I really struggle to kill anything! I can't even kill an ant if I find it in the house, I have to catch it and let it out!! I know it's sucking my cat's blood but when I put the vaseline on I had a little cry to myself for the tick!!!! How pathetic.. still I am more able to do that than tweezer it out and squish it!!

That's pregnancy hormones for you. Bet you never thought you would cry for a tick!!! They are horrible things and can make your pets really ill. If you get it off just make sure that you get the whole thing. Sometimes if you pull them off, the legs can stay in your pet and get infected. When I have pulled them off the dog, I found the best way is to hold it hard and twist and pull at the same time. If you can then see the legs wriggling around, you know you got it all. The Vaseline should work though. I guess when they die, they let go. Good luck. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->