****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Wow I can't believe we jumped to 24 from 16! that's crazy! Congrats to Genies Girl and the other new mommies! :hugs:

Happy due date Blob :)

I had my personals all typed out, and then i forgot about them and went to bed :(

I've been having on and off crampy BH's yesterday and throughout the night, nothing that was super painful, but they seem to have stopped this morning. I wish i could know if they were the beginning of something, oor if its just upset tummy or wind :haha:

:dust: to all who need and want it :D i think i'm going to go for a walk and see if i can get something going!

Emzy :hugs: Glad she's so much better CANNOT believe it was meant to be your DD today :)

Thanks for the dust :hugs: Annoyingly i still have NO signs at all :rofl: Ah well guess my baby is just not ready baked :)

Robin is getting far more upset about it all than me :lol: keeps saying he wants baby to hurry up :)

Hi All,

I think i am going to have do a mass congratulations to all the babies and Mummies, well done and welcome to the world babies!

Drea,
That is rotten about your MIL, how very strange too, My mum came to see me in hospital when i had dd, but only as she was passing by! I can't imagine they will be any more interested this time, but the children know she is not a 'hands on' granny! My mil wouldn't dream of going away, she will be on the phone every day from my due date, and drive me nuts!
Huge :hugs:

Emzy, that is great news hun, glad your little one is doing so well xx

Genies, can't wait to see pics of your girls:happydance:

Limpets, thinking of you hun, hoping you are ok xx:hugs:

Jellycat,
I got all the matching bedding for the moses basket, not usually something i would splash out on but i really want it all to be perfect, it looks so cute i am pleased i did although a moses basket and bedding won't be in use long!
I bought dh a lottery ticket today, so fingers crossed, quite happy to share the jackpot with you if we have the same numbers, pay for our baby bedding:haha:

I have bought scones, and jam, and there is a pot of cream in the fridge, just had to have some!
We have had our Saturday night crisps and dips, pizza, and pud is waiting for me, (as well as the scones!)
Have had on and off tightenings but i know they can go on for weeks, and prob will!
Right off for Sat night tv now! Back tomorrow xxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs:

Thanks BTP, I also thought my MIL would be the same, I mean with Mason we had to hold her back, every visit, calling and down at labour ward and now its like she couldnt give a damn, like i say its her loss about not seeing our wee babba but I do know that Mason will lose out as they would of really made a fuss of him while I was in hospital and helped us out as they live like 2 mins from hosp, But Im going to behave and keep my mouth shut!!!

Oh Scones.........I want one now!!

Sat night tv for me aswell, feet up, munchies and x factor then bb:)

Hi Jellycat. Been monitored twice a week for the last 4 weeks and is likely to continue upto the birth because of gestational diabetes and most likely because of my age (36). I don't mind them checking as it's making sure baby is okay but it's a pain in the arse with childcare and stuff but on countdown now as baby to be delivered on the 9th September.

Read that you got monitored and baby was okay which was great news.

Emzy :hugs: Glad she's so much better CANNOT believe it was meant to be your DD today :)

Thanks for the dust :hugs: Annoyingly i still have NO signs at all :rofl: Ah well guess my baby is just not ready baked :)

Robin is getting far more upset about it all than me :lol: keeps saying he wants baby to hurry up :)

I know it's mad!! Can't believe she is already 2 weeks old. And don't worry, I reckon you're bubba will make a surprise appearance one night! Text me any time it happens by the way, I'll probably be awake anyway! lol :baby:

congrats to all the new Sept star mummies....

Have not had time to read all the posts, house is a mess as we are painting all the walls in the house and i dont do mess so trying to stay away till its all done.

When i log in next i want to see more of you have had your babies, with photos !!!:happydance:

24 babies?!!?! Since when?!!?!?! Congrats to any I haven't already named, I'm a bit confused!

We've brought the kids home early from the BBQ to have some quality family time before they have to go back to their mother tomorrow evening... THey are on band hero as I type, 6 year old singing 'sex on fire' whilst the 8 yr old is on guitar and dh on drums.... hmmmm!!!!!!

Happy evening to all! x

Hello ladies!!

Walked the dog. had tea, had shower and now watching tv with some nibbles and a nice glass of cold milk!! I know how to live!!! Hope you are all ok xxx

Afternoon girls!
Just took Simon to the Zoo for the morning. We stayed for three solid hours and he walked most of the time (in the slightly oversized rubber boots that he insists on wearing :cloud9: - I love toddler fashion! :) ). We have an animatronic dinosaur exhibit right now. Alberta is a major paleo centre, so our Zoo has a whole Prehistoric Park section and these dino robots are a new temporary exhibit that has been a pretty big hit. Some of them are kind of scary, but Simon absolutely loved them. He was running around pointing at them and telling every passerby "Die-saur! Die-saur!!"
Dinosaurs and Big Trucks.
Is it genetic with little boys, do you think?
I've tried to provide him with dollies and more nurturing toys, as well, but not much interest. He found a picture of a T-rex with a big bloody hunk of meat dangling out of its mouth in one of my many science books and has been obsessed with dinos ever since. And I really don't know where the Big Truck phase came from. It just seemed to start out of the blue when we passed some construction sites on our trip to BC and it's another passion.
There is a construction site next to one of our neighbourhood playgrounds and Simon will ignore the swing and slides and just stare for ages at the Big Trucks.
Such a boy. :nope:

Anyway, on the impending baby front, I think I am going to break down and pack a hospital bag after all.
Not because I feel like anything is happening, but because I am suddenly feeling unprepared to the point of panic.
Having that one item done will help calm me down, I think.

Holy Birthin', September Stars!!!! :shock:
These babies don't want to wait for September at all, do they?
Congratulations to all the new arrivals!
I'm still just hoping that my little guy plans to put in an appearance at all in September. October 2 is the longest they'll let me go before the induction.
Which reminds me...
Blob - one thing to think about with inductions is that if they are pretty sure about your dates, the placenta does start to degrade significantly after 41 weeks. It's pretty standard in Alberta to be induced at day 10 past 40 weeks. Again, that's if they are sure of your dates. After Simon's birth, the nurse showed me my placenta and all the places where it was breaking down. It made an impression! If I had had any doubts about the necessity of the procedure, that put them to rest. One of my clinic doctors told me that they consider the risk to baby from that degradation greater than any of the risks associated with the induction.
I thought I would share that, because I kind of thought the same as you - if nothing is happening, then baby just isn't ready, but there was a lot more scientific study behind the induction than I realized. :shrug: Don't know if that will help to think about if you do need an induction, but it helped me resign myself to the procedure, so I thought I'd share! :flower:
Also, my induction was just fine. I also had back labour and went for the epidural, but I had a fabulous delivery and no complications whatsoever. Inductions can be intense, but there are lots of ways to deal with them - pain meds or other. Don't get too anxious! :hugs: Now my baby brain is trying to remember if it was you who had the friend who decided to share her induction horror story? Cant remember who it was, but anyway, I'm with BTP! I had an induction and everything went beautifully. With all respect to that friend and her experience, I don't think it's all that helpful to be sharing stories like that when someone is potentially going to receive that same procedure. :shrug:

And was it Louise or F&C who was talking about lots of discharge? Maybe neither! :dohh: Damn, this is getting pretty bad. I feel like I've had a lobotomy!!
Anyway, me too, and I remember having lots of that in the last few weeks with Simon.

Going to go do some baby prep while Simon naps. We're rearranging the furniture to make a better space for the cradle in our room.
Another small gesture that will make me feel a little more prepared, maybe? :)

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! :hi:

Another Star is born, just seen a thread from BenandBean

He was born thursday 26.8.2010. 13.05 Weighing 5lb 10oz

Our babies really are getting busy !

Congratulations BenandBean

Woah, last time i seen there was 11 births! Congratulations to all the new mummys!! <3

Evening ladies!! Wow there's some going this last couple of days with babies being born left, right and centre!!

Emma, well done you for little Hannah! What a fab weight! Shame about your placenta, but I bet you are so proud of yourself, just on gas and air too! Can't wait to see some piccies, and you'll feel so much better when you're home with Nathan and hubs, and of course baby Hannah!

Congrats to Genies on the arrival of Layla and Amelia. I bet they are stunning, hope things are okay. xx

And everyone else with little ones being born! Exciting!

Fishy, I reckon your bump's definitely dropped. It's a lovely bump! You'll be glad you've got all these pics of the bump when little Fishy decides to make his appearance (soon I hope!).

Emzy I can't believe Holly is 2 weeks old!! Does it feel as though she's been with you forever?

Loving the sound of the boys being the Kings of Leon Louise! They sound like good kids. I bet you'll really miss them when they go back to the weird woman. Must be very hard for you and Wayne at the moment. :hugs:

Becs, you DO know how to live!! Ha ha! I am having a guilt free glass of red wine tonight even though I am breastfeeding! Young Sammy J has done fab with his feeds today, so once he's had the next one, I'm going to enjoy a celebration glass of plonk as I shouldn't be feeding then until midnight ish.

Happy due date Blob! I hope you don't get many days further!

Who's next then? I am going to sit back and watch the updates coming in now!

Sarah i plan on making sure they scan me to be sure everything is totally ok before i refuse :) Here they can let you go for aaggesss :wacko: Its normal to go 14 days over and then you get scanned to see if placenta is still ok?

Asher glad he's feeding well :cloud9: I really hope i dont have TOO many more days either :dohh: But then again weeks are going by so so fast i dont think 2 weeks will take that long...other than destroying my sanity :haha: Am TRYING so so hard to be positive!! I have lots to do next week also :)

Thanks Blob. I thought I'd try and upload a few pics whilst he's asleep! I am trying so hard to let the boys see that it's not all about the baby, I'm neglecting my internet life ha ha!

Gonna try and upload a couple onto here for anyone not on FB, cos I want to show my wee Sammy pants off!!

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_IMG_5958.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_IMG_5956.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_IMG_5955.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_IMG_5949.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/archiejack/th_IMG_5938.jpg

I have been looking at your pics Claire, Sam is just so gorgeous xxx

Blob, I really hope you have had your LO before my due date!!! I have to say I am not relishing the thought of waiting till 22nd Sept when I am 2 weeks over!!!

Why is tv so crap on a Saturday night?? Ian is reading his book and I am quite bored!!

My goodness....9 babies since i last came on here!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry not been able to read all posts! Congrats to all the new Mummy's...still not seen who they r yet lol xx

Well i went for my emergency growth scan due to fundal height measuring 32 weeks and he is fine, 6lb 8oz approx.! He has hair and chubby cheeks too!!! lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->