****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Ha ha love the idea of taking bags of water with us to shops ha ha!!! Could really cash in!

I have more sharp pains today....third day in a row. Hurts every time i move, sharp muscle pains across my lower belly when i sit lean forward walk. So frustrating, im getting an achy back and there is no pattern to it, just when i move. I think it is because of the head engaging???? wish it would be regular or at least stop for a couple of days, im stuck in a no win situation... :(

When i went to 35 week appointment (at 36 weeks) it was at brim but still 'floating around a bit'. Seeing as i am stuck at home in pain, i would be quite happy for waters to go now (providing baby is healthy), god i wish there was a way to get waters to go!

DH just wont DTD tho, i think he is scared. What is it with men being scared of sex? Its not going to touch the baby!!! lol

Morning ladies!

In some pain today with the SPD :( I'm really hoping it's because she's moving further down, it feels different, more achey somehow, but when I get up after being sat down for any length of time, I can't put any kind of weight on my right leg, it hurts so much!

Sarah, glad they're sorting you out, I'm wondering if maybe I should ring my physio back as the last 3/4 days it's become worse than it was before I went initially! Mind you, I haven't been doing my ice pack or my exercises every day which is a bit naughty!

Congrats optical! I'm not sure if she's on my facebook I'll have to go look!

Becs, :hugs: for lack of sleep.. and all the other ladies who are struggling! I woke up last night very sore for my second loo break and made the mistake of checking the time... it was only 12.15am!! Plus DH snored constantly last night which was slightly irritating, although it was amusing when he spoke in his sleep which he only does when he's completely exhausted: he said :pontins, kids go free'... made me giggle!

I'm carrying on with the baking today, in the last week I've made a chocolate fudge cake, cookies, honeycombe, ginger snaps, citrus cookies and alsorts.. I think I'll make another fudge cake today as it was lovely! DH wants more cookies too! He needs to stock up before Afghan!

Thanks for all words of advice re courts and the boys and the situation. I think DH is going to put in a letter to her waste of space solicitor, and CC it to the local MP and newspaper.. hopefully he might think twice before he replies then! He is going to ask him to confirm that he can see the children for weekends once the baby is born, till he goes, and he's also going to put that if this isn't confirmed, he will be putting an urgent application in to the court. Basically using his words from his own letters before!

DH also said he's going to get a contact order after he gets back, but this time he's going to ask for her to take part in journeys... it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to say that he'll collect them from school on a friday, but on a sunday he would like her to pick them up from halfway.... he's still doing most of the journeys then and I don't think a judge would say it's unreasonable! For now, I think we want to concentrate on our little one, and we just have to hope that the solicitor letter will do what it needs to and that we'll be abl to see them at some point.. otherwise the baby could potentially be 7+ months old before they meet her!

Anyway enough of that, hope everyone is doing well, sorry I haven't mentioned everyone! BTW good luck teeny on your induction this afternoon! x

Ha ha love the idea of taking bags of water with us to shops ha ha!!! Could really cash in!

I have more sharp pains today....third day in a row. Hurts every time i move, sharp muscle pains across my lower belly when i sit lean forward walk. So frustrating, im getting an achy back and there is no pattern to it, just when i move. I think it is because of the head engaging???? wish it would be regular or at least stop for a couple of days, im stuck in a no win situation... :(

When i went to 35 week appointment (at 36 weeks) it was at brim but still 'floating around a bit'. Seeing as i am stuck at home in pain, i would be quite happy for waters to go now (providing baby is healthy), god i wish there was a way to get waters to go!

DH just wont DTD tho, i think he is scared. What is it with men being scared of sex? Its not going to touch the baby!!! lol

I am pretty sure it's the head engaging! I totally have that feeling as she is sitting pretty low. The midwife said she has dropped and how you are explaining your pains in very similar.

I have been drinking some pineapple juice and eating raspberries. Not in huge heaps of course. But, I don't feel guilty about trying to induce this labour myself! My DH doesn't like the idea of DTD either! Men are either all for it, or totally scared out of their minds! Mine is the latter too, unfortunately :)

Hi girls on my phone again, so just a quick one...

Congrats to optical on the birth of your baby girl!!!

And good luck Teeny for tonight, you'll have your baby in your arms before you know it!

I'm just on the bus having my first trip into town without holly and I don't like it!! Left her with her daddy so they could have some quality time togethr before he goes back to work. I've only got one thing to get so I'm going to hurry back as I miss her!! Taking her to be weighed at clinic this afternoon, hope she's gained again!

:dust: to all that need it! :hugs: for the rest of you Xx

Hi girls on my phone again, so just a quick one...

Congrats to optical on the birth of your baby girl!!!

And good luck Teeny for tonight, you'll have your baby in your arms before you know it!

I'm just on the bus having my first trip into town without holly and I don't like it!! Left her with her daddy so they could have some quality time togethr before he goes back to work. I've only got one thing to get so I'm going to hurry back as I miss her!! Taking her to be weighed at clinic this afternoon, hope she's gained again!

:dust: to all that need it! :hugs: for the rest of you Xx

My DH doesn't like the idea of DTD either! Men are either all for it, or totally scared out of their minds! Mine is the latter too, unfortunately :)

Ha ha. I think he thinks that he will touch her or something... i was like...dont flatter yourself, its a long way up! LMAO!!!!

My DH doesn't like the idea of DTD either! Men are either all for it, or totally scared out of their minds! Mine is the latter too, unfortunately :)

Ha ha. I think he thinks that he will touch her or something... i was like...dont flatter yourself, its a long way up! LMAO!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Perfect!!!! Gosh I wish I was that witty about it! :D

Good very early morning everyone!
I was given the literal rude awakening this morning when I tried to turn from one side to the other in my sleep.
I was suddenly sharply awake from the pain. It took me a solid five minutes to negotiate that simple movement.
This is absolutely crazy.
Anyway, I'm going to apologize in advance for a series of selfish posts. Sometimes these threads are so helpful for pouring out your thoughts and sorting out everything in your head. Huge thanks to those who patiently read this! :) :flower:
I have been in a cycle of second-guessing this new birth plan and am trying to get comfortable with this decision to induce next week.
I did a bunch of reading about SPD last night - finally realizing that the doctor had said "pubic symphysis" not "pelvic synthesis", although, when you look at the Latin, we kind of are talking about my pelvic girdle separating, either way! :) Anyway, while I realize that the disorder has a huge spectrum of degrees of discomfort, it doesn't seem like most have such a sudden and acute onset. I keep trying to remember any weird movement or something that I did to trigger this, but I can't think of anything.
I am walking like I am about 130 years old.
And I'm not a big hero or anything, but I've dealt with bad pain before. I stuck out back labour for five hours before I opted for pain relief. And I had full reconstructive knee surgery with all the physio, etc and gritted my teeth and pushed through that.
I'm not a wimp!! :) I swear!
I'm just kind of stunned by how fast this came on and how much it hurts. I'm having difficulty functioning, if I'm being honest with myself.
But of course, all the SPD reading made me really question the whole induction next week plan. I think it was Elmaxie who said that it's treated quite differently in the UK - they seem to give you lots of physical therapy support, but an intervention like an induction is a pretty rare step to take.
We can be a little intervention-happy here in North America, so I was really sort of soul-searching last night about whether I was doing the right thing by Baby or what was most comfortable for me.
The wake-up pain this morning sort of confirmed for me that this isn't an unreasonable plan.
The clinic I go to is very conservative about interventions, and the doctor I saw said that induction is a pretty drastic measure to take, but that she felt my case warranted it. She felt that I'm beyond just inflammation at this point, that I am actually starting to experience separation.
This is really scary to me. I don;t want any permanent damage done to my body by this pregnancy. Hey, bring on the sagging boobs and tummy, roll out the stretch marks! That kind of stuff I have no problem with. Nerve damage to my pelvic girdle is a different story. I know it's rare to have that happen, but I'm hormonal and hypochondriacal!! Anything seems possible.
So, I think I'm at peace with this decision to induce.
I'll probably spin my wheels with indecision about a thousand more times, but every time I struggle to sit or stand or walk, I think it's reconfirming this choice for me. I am already girding myself to get through the next ten days, let alone three or more weeks. This is not a reasonable amount of pain.

Okay, there. Enough obsessing.
Will try to stick with this decision.
I don't know if I'm ever not going to have doubts or guilt. This is pregnancy and parenthood, right? Doubt and guilt come with the territory every step of the way!

On much more positive notes - the baby pics posted are making me melt with love. We heard a baby being born while I was being assessed in the hospital yesterday. It's so profoundly beautiful and magical. I am starting to get excited about that. Very excited! :)

September Stars make very pretty babies, I must say! :thumbup:

Louise, I am still trying comprehend how selfish this ex of your husband is. Pardon my language, but it is so deeply fucked up and immature to use two small children as a means of being petty and vindictive. I hope the paper publishes your husband's letter and she gets a proper public shaming for her disgusting behaviour. I think you are coping remarkably well. I suppose you have to take the high road, but get the pregnancy wrath flowing in me and I would be letting that woman have it with both barrels. I know that would just make the situation worse, but boy it must be tempting to tear a strip off her. Anyway :hugs:!

To all those being teased by labour, I send sympathy and "get on with it, babies" vibes! :)
To those currently in labour, have safe and wonderful deliveries.

I'm off to pack up my things at work today.
Another huge shock that I am trying to get my head around. :nope:
I need to get my mat leave application done today, too!
The control freak part of me is in a corner rocking herself.
The zen mama part of me is just laughing at how quickly all those careful plans get turned upside down by babies! :)

My long overdue birth story

As some of u may no on 24th aug my waters broke so off I went to the labour ward to be checked ova and was sent home to go into natural labour I tried loads of things but nothing happened so the next day I was bk to be induce. At around 12.30 they inserted a pessary to try get my labour goin this was to stay in ova nite to get my*Labour goin I was havin irregular contractions for the 24 hours it was in from every 2 -7 mins lastin 30 secs to 1 half mins and they would only give me co codamol for the pain lol after a examination I was told I was 1cm dialated and I was gutted 24 hours later no sleep and that was it lol*

At about 2pm on Thursday I was moved onto the labour ward and started on a drip at about 5.00 my contractions started agen but were regular. The midwife Said it takes about 12 hours with ur 1st I was dreading it at about 8.30 I was 4 cm
I got very disappointed I was shattered after no sleep. The midwife advices me to have pethadine cos I was tired from lack of sleep. Well along with gas and air this sent me to sleep lol I slept for s good few hours lol by about 10.30 I was tellin the midwife I wanted to push she sed that I wasn't ready 10 mins later izzy mai was here and she is perfect Ste delivered her and cut the cord.*

Wen I got up to the ward about 1am they came and told me as my water had gone 48 hours b4 she was delivered and I was showing signs of infection they wanted to treat her for infection take some blood from her she had a caunular fitted in her tiny lil hand to have the anti biotics through iv.*

We r all ok now and got home lst nite will try and catch up soon sending labour wishes to u all xxx

Awww Asher sounds so nice :cloud9:

Deidre...dont say things like that its not fair :haha: Good Luck hun thats so exiting :wohoo:

Awww Emma :hugs: Eeek the first time i EVER left Tabs was with her dad at 4 months :rofl: then first time i really left her with her gran she was 1 :rofl: Craaazzzy mummy!!

Choc glad everything is ok :hugs: Congratulations

Nothing happening here, going to empty the pool as there is no baby coming anytime soon :grr:

:hi: ladies

It's been so quiet on this thread over the weekend and then bam 5 pages this morning!

Congrats to Optical can't wait to see pics :hugs:

Good luck to Teeny for this evening x

Good luck to Deidre for Friday x

:hug: to all ladies suffering SPD. Mine isn't as bad as it was but I'm still getting pain in my groin at night.

BTP - sorry the hospital aren't being co-operative on the scan front

Choc - glad you are both home and ok now

Blob - sending you lots of labour :dust: I know you are fed up :hugs:

Sorry to anyone I have forgotten.

I've just got back from the hospital. I had a MW appointment this morning and I mentioned my lack of movements. The MW sent me to the day assessment unit for monitoring. The baby wasn't very co-operative and they said it was too quiet. I was giving some cold water but the movements didn't pick up so I was then given some lucozade. The lucozade helped and the movements picked up a little. I was kept on the trace for over an hour and they decided that the movements were "borderline normal". I have been sent home and told to rest and eat more. I have to monitor the movements for the rest of the day and go back this evening if I'm worried that things haven't picked up. Otherwise, I have to go back to the assessment unit after lunch tomorrow - she told me to have something naughty to eat before going in so they can perform another trace. I'm a little worried to be honest and I'm cross with myself for listening to DH and not going in over the weekend when I was concerned. Fingers crossed baby is just being a little quiet due to space. I have just eaten a big lunch and there is a McFlurry in the freezer for me so I'll have to see what effect that has. Oh the other thing is the MW said that the baby is starting to engage - 4/5ths so only just but at least it's going in the right direction. I might have a bounce on my ball later to see if I can encourage the baby to move down a bit further.

In other news DH starts his new job tomorrow - it's an inset day so Teachers only and the kids come back on Thursday. I'm home alone at the moment as he's popped into school to check that the classroom is ready for it's new occupants! DH has also finished the bathroom :wohoo: I am SO happy, it's been a long time coming but it looks fantastic - very hotel chic which is exactly what I wanted. All of the tools have now made their way from my kitchen to the shed so the house is actually starting to look like it's ready for the baby. DH is going to scrub all the floors this weekend as I don't feel up to doing it. The dog is getting fed up with my hoovering all the time but he seems to be shedding so much at the moment - it's driving me mad.

Right time for my McFlurry.... catch you all later

x

aww blob you do know that as soon as you empty that pool youll go into labour!!

Mrs Jo8 hopefully the mcflurry will do the trick - keep an eye on those movements. And youll have to post some pics of the bathroom.........

:hi: ladies

It's been so quiet on this thread over the weekend and then bam 5 pages this morning!

Congrats to Optical can't wait to see pics :hugs:

Good luck to Teeny for this evening x

Good luck to Deidre for Friday x

:hug: to all ladies suffering SPD. Mine isn't as bad as it was but I'm still getting pain in my groin at night.

BTP - sorry the hospital aren't being co-operative on the scan front

Choc - glad you are both home and ok now

Blob - sending you lots of labour :dust: I know you are fed up :hugs:

Sorry to anyone I have forgotten.

I've just got back from the hospital. I had a MW appointment this morning and I mentioned my lack of movements. The MW sent me to the day assessment unit for monitoring. The baby wasn't very co-operative and they said it was too quiet. I was giving some cold water but the movements didn't pick up so I was then given some lucozade. The lucozade helped and the movements picked up a little. I was kept on the trace for over an hour and they decided that the movements were "borderline normal". I have been sent home and told to rest and eat more. I have to monitor the movements for the rest of the day and go back this evening if I'm worried that things haven't picked up. Otherwise, I have to go back to the assessment unit after lunch tomorrow - she told me to have something naughty to eat before going in so they can perform another trace. I'm a little worried to be honest and I'm cross with myself for listening to DH and not going in over the weekend when I was concerned. Fingers crossed baby is just being a little quiet due to space. I have just eaten a big lunch and there is a McFlurry in the freezer for me so I'll have to see what effect that has. Oh the other thing is the MW said that the baby is starting to engage - 4/5ths so only just but at least it's going in the right direction. I might have a bounce on my ball later to see if I can encourage the baby to move down a bit further.

In other news DH starts his new job tomorrow - it's an inset day so Teachers only and the kids come back on Thursday. I'm home alone at the moment as he's popped into school to check that the classroom is ready for it's new occupants! DH has also finished the bathroom :wohoo: I am SO happy, it's been a long time coming but it looks fantastic - very hotel chic which is exactly what I wanted. All of the tools have now made their way from my kitchen to the shed so the house is actually starting to look like it's ready for the baby. DH is going to scrub all the floors this weekend as I don't feel up to doing it. The dog is getting fed up with my hoovering all the time but he seems to be shedding so much at the moment - it's driving me mad.

Right time for my McFlurry.... catch you all later

x

I WANT, no sorry, NEED a McFlurry now :(

I think your Hubby must be a very determined man...one minute he is so poorly in hospital the next he is starting a new job!! Hope all is well and he is feeling better now x

...ive been getting the pushing down feeling again today, but noticed too that he seems to be pushing down on the right side of my pelvis and it feels like pain in my right hip :( x

:hugs: to all... I'm starting to think that the last few weeks of pregnancy are pretty cruddy actually!!!! I think whoever designed pregnancy should have gone for 8 - 8 1/2 months!

So here is my lovely bathroom - it's long and thin so it's a bit difficult to get a good picture

Attachments

• Bathroom 1.jpg
    Bathroom 1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Bathroom2.jpg
    Bathroom2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 7
...ive been getting the pushing down feeling again today, but noticed too that he seems to be pushing down on the right side of my pelvis and it feels like pain in my right hip :( x

I feel it in the right side, too! I am so tired of it. Soon, soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->