****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Its our month ladies ..so excited :happydance: :happydance:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL :flower:

BTP - so glad they are doing a scan at least you will know for sure :hugs:

Blob - hope you have a nice bounce on the trampoline :winkwink:

I've just got back from DAU and they were happy with the babies trace :happydance: they told me to make sure I'm not going more than a couple of hours without food. The doctor started wittering on about my bmi again and I felt like smacking her in the face as it is completely irrelevant. I said to her it is any wonder I've been being overly cautious about how much I eat? On one hand you are telling me to eat more and on the other you are making reference to my BMI. You are doing it despite the fact that I've been discharged from Consultant Care and my Blood Pressure, GTT and Urine have been normal throughout my pregnancy. :hissy: There wasn't really a lot she could say to that

heya everyone =) I cannot believe its September! Hopefully the majority of us will be meeting our babies very soon! Hope everyone is well and happy.

P.s - ladies who are now bottle feeding instead of breastfeeding initially - dont feel guilty. As long as your beautiful babies are being fed what does it matter which way?? =)

xxxxx

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't had the chance to catch up on all that I have missed. But I did find the pages with all your well wishes... Thank you!! :hugs:

The past 2 weeks have been quite the journey, lots of ups, lots of downs, but I think I am starting to feel better.

For those ladies wanting to read my birth story, I have posted it in the Birth Stories section.

Hugs to all you ladies

xo

Hey girls,

Sorry for the selfish one, but I think we might be joining in (defo a September kid, I always knew!) Surges irregular but getting stronger, lost my plug this morning. Hoping not another false alarm!

Love to you all and sending labour :dust: all round. Will try and catch up now but will probs not post. Reading is easier that typing! -x-

Drazic, I really hope this is it for you chick xx

MamaB, glad all is ok with you xx

Im back from the midwife, she offered me a sweep but I declined this time :s starting to wish I hadn't now tho :/ oh well can have one Wednesday if i'm still waiting, hopefully not tho :) x

Emma's - As long as you and the baby is happy that's all the matters xxxx

Drazic - Think you might be the first of the stars for september... Good Luck xx

Mrs J - So glad everything is normal, hope baby continues behaving themselves xx

Mrs N - I had a similar incident with amassive spider last week unfortunatly it was when I needed the bathroom DH had his hand round the door with a lunchbox trapping the beast whilst I did my business so to speak.... who says romance is dead

Blob - Daily Dust to you... trampoline sounds so much more fun than a birth ball.... enjoy xxx

Been to lunch with my old boss / friend which was lovely to catch up. Been Food Shopping, Done the dishes and washing and now can't decide what to do next

heya girls - sorry for the lack of personals but was just wanting some advice

ive had a browny disharge (sorry if TMI!) since last night and earlier on I think I lost some of my mucus plug. Do I just keep an eye on it or should I phone my midwife? Im not quite sure what to do! I havent been having any out of the ordinary pains, so I know im not in labour at the minute.

Thanks in advance!

xxxx

:hi: Mamabird - great ot hear from you x

Drazic - really hope this is it for you :wohoo:

Thanks Jellycat - I've had a few wiggles this afternoon so feeling reassured.

Bit off topic but has anyone had any chest pain? I've had a pain inbetween my boobs and under my right boob all day. I thought it might be hearburn but Gaviscon hasn't worked.

Just had a call from DH - his first day went well. After school he had to go and see Occupational Health because of his illness and has been signed off as "fit for work" - hurrah!!!!

x

Hi My MW said that if Mucus plug is overly bloody to phone them . I think if you are unsure at all call the MW as it would take 5 minutes and if it reassures you then thats whats important xx

Hi My MW said that if Mucus plug is overly bloody to phone them . I think if you are unsure at all call the MW as it would take 5 minutes and if it reassures you then thats whats important xx

when I saw what I think was part of my plug - it had little brown streaks of blood in it, so im not overly concerned.

Thanks for your reply! :flower:

xxxx

BAH can i have a mini rant :cry:

Well i didnt have a 'MW' appointment but a friends mum who has been one for years and works at our hospital did a huuuge examination of baby. Apparently baby is oblique (babies head is not breech but not down) she said you cant measure baby as she is so big she's right inside my ribs. Also that this baby has to go sideways as its too big to go any other way :cry: I knew i was going to have another tall baby so thats not a shock or anything its just so annoying. I'm overdue and have not much hope of this baby coming naturally :dohh: She said that if i was a first mummy i would have very little hope of baby being able to come out but since its my second baby will hopefully...but now i'm quite worried about wanting a HB if i'm going to possibly have problems :shrug:

Also we chatted about refusing induction and she said she would advise me to have it, also if i go too far over i will be in hospital anyway as if placenta has deteriorated then it might not all come away :cry: She did try to make me feel better and said she thinks my body will just go into labour like it did with Tabs but i just cannot see it.

Selfish post sorry.

Anyone heard from Louise??

Hi all!!

Drazic, really hoping this is it for you! Is anyone going to be updating for you?

Big labour dust to blob and all the others wanting it, including me!!

I went in to antenatal today to see the obs about the baby's growth... fairly long story so bear with me!
When I saw the doctor, I told her my concerns about the mw saying she thought baby was small etc and measurements and so on... she said straight away that I qualify for a growth scan as measurements were persistently lower than they should be. We also mentioned the SPD and the fact that it seems to be getting a lot worse recently, and the fact that DH is off to Afghan soon, and she mentioned induction.. she explained to us how it works... in our trust the usual procedure is that you are booked in for term +12, so for me that would be the 17th September. However, she said that she felt that as Wayne is going away, we could have a 'social' induction and we would be well within our rights for that. We haven't really thought about having one so we didn't think too much of it.. she also mentioned that if the growth was an issue after the scan, she would be inducing me early anyways!

We went straight down for the scan.. she took measurements etc and then showed us the baby for a bit :cloud9: we could see her hair!!!!!!! On the ultrasound!! It was like a profile pic of her head, and you could see long hair coming off the back of her head, wow it was so surreal! It looked really long... we'll see though!

Anyway, measurements came back average... head slightly under average, belly slightly over... so it looks like she's 7lb + at the moment which is NOT what I expected!!

She then got back onto the subject of induction... now we had just seen our baby so were suddenly all the more desperate to meet her, and when she said she could book me in for Monday morning it seemed like a great idea! She said she would have to perform a stretch and sweep and check I was favourable first, then check with the head consultant person then she could book it! I wasn't expecting to be favourable as last monday the mw who checked for my waters couldn't get close as she said I was about as unfavourable as I could get! Anyway, she managed... she said moderately favourable, but she managed to touch the baby's head! I thought DH was going to burst with jealousy when she said that!!
She then phoned the consultant bloke, who said........ nope. He wouldn't perform an induction for those reasons! The obs looked so guilty and embarrassed, she said she thought it was a perfectly viable reason to induce me, but at the end of the day if it didn't work and I needed a C section it would be on his head and his fault. So felt really really disappointed after that!

Got to just hope that the sweep has done something for me, I've been feeling crampy ever since and had some blood tinged stuff when I wipe (sorry for tmi). She said she didn't hold out too much hope, she said in her experience sweeps only work when something is already happening, but fingers crossed something comes of these cramps and tightenings!!

Anyway sorry for long rambling post, baby's size is fine so that's what matters in the end!!

Now I'm off to DTD, swallow some sperm, have a vindaloo followed by pineapple then a clary sage bath... byeeeeeeeeee!!

:rofl: :rofl: Louise i REALLLLY hope it works for you hun!!!!! Thats so awful for you having your hopes dashed though :nope:

Louise - I'm really glad the scan showed that the baby is fine and growing normally. Stupid MW's scaring you like that. I swear they all measure differently anyway. Sorry you got your hopes dashed and I really hope that the sweep works for you x

Blob - sorry to hear the baby is laying oblique. I don't really know what to say as I can sense how fed up you are. Sending you lots of :hug: and labour :dust:

DH has been signed off by Occupational Health :wohoo:

Just popped on really quickly to announce the safe arrival of my baby boy yesterday at 11.43pm after a quick induced labour! He only weighed 8lb 5oz and so looks tiny to what I imagined. He is perfect in every way. :cloud9:
Will post birth story and pics tomorrow.
At home now and feeling fine.
Big hugs to everyone. xx

Congratulations Tina!!! So glad it went quickly and smoothly, and he ended up being an August baby after all!!!

Blob :( I really hope things start working out for you soon, oblique.. i don't even know what they do with that?

MrsJ big WAHEY to hubby being signed off by OH!!! x

aww teeny im so happy for you cant wait to hear more!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->