****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Emzywemzy aww poor Holly, colic is horrible.
carnt believe holly is over 3weeks old, my friends twins are over 5week old
time seems to be flying!!

BLONDIE35 i had an uti and got treated straight away for it but i had all the symptoms.
sounds weird that they didnt want to give you antibiotics even tho you tested positive for protein unless it was a small amount that they did think needed any antibiotics :shrug:

So bored today, my belly feels like a brick wall :wacko: and i look like a bus end of the joys!! lol xxx

aw emzy poor holly. look at her so cute though!

blondie I thought they normally treated UTI's in pregnancy whether or not you have symptoms, so I'm a bit surprised that they decided not to. :shrug:

I wish I was having a clear out, I have the opposite problem! :blush:

Just uploaded my 37 week bump pic today and really surpriused at how low it looks compared with 2 weeks ago! No wonder my poor pelvis is feeling the strain!

Attachments

• 35 weeks (400 x 600).jpg
    35 weeks (400 x 600).jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 37 weeks (400 x 600).jpg
    37 weeks (400 x 600).jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2
Your bump is lower than mine :rofl:

Ooops forgot to say :hugs: Emzy thats really hard have you got the cot pillow things? Also there are types of milk that help it that doctors can perscribe you??

I have alot of tightenings across my bump, it takes my breath away!! I have finished all my housework and now having a well earned rest! Even done all the veggies for tea!

congrats to all the mummies xx

Mrs N congrats honey... great feeling isnt it

Great news about Fish.... so pleased things are finally moving for her

Peanut- its doing my head in, im doing all the little things i should have already done, sorting out paper work, charging all the digital cameras.. just crappy little jobs... i wish i could just sleep and wake up with a baby next to me..

If your looking for a easy craft you can try 3D pictures on tiles... you need wrapping paper or multi copies of the same picture u want to use, and you build up the image using those double sided padded sticky things... you then raise certain parts on the image to make it 3D.. you stick to a tile and then you can hang them up. no talent needed at all think its called paper tole

Some photos to explain a little better.. great for card making too but i used to mount them on tiles so i could hang them up.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WA1IT6KB90E/SvMjhiw4BHI/AAAAAAAAB20/WEgil2ZIZkw/s400/CIMG2527.jpghttps://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WA1IT6KB90E/SvMj1nW0E8I/AAAAAAAAB3U/e7Qrnt45e_4/s400/CIMG2521.jpg

https://www.creativepapercrafts.com/products/cardgallery/papertole/pt_iris_framed.jpg

House is not painted, just carpet to be fitted and all decorating is done !! bring on the baby !!!! :happydance:

Thanks everyone :flower: Blob,. Cafferine sent me a link to a cot pillow thing and I might get one of those. Last night I propped the moses basket up on books so it was tilted and she slept MUCH better. I think I actually slept for 5 hours (with a break in between!) so much better than the day before. I'll keep doing that. There is comfort milk you can get for colicy babies, but you're meant to speak to your HV first. I asked the GP but she was useless and kept thinking I meant hungry baby milk, which I didn't, so I'm going to speak to the HV at baby clinic tomorrow.

I know, how fast is the time going? I can't believe she will be 4 weeks old on Saturday!! It seems like yesterday that I had her. The good news is that I feel pretty much back to normal now. My stitches have healed and even though I had a bad tear, it seems to have healed nicely. My belly is still a bit flabby, but it was to begin with lol It's ALMOST back to how it was already. Isn't it amazing how your body can go back to normal just a couple of weeks after giving birth?!

Mrs N- wow your bump has dropped alot!! Nearly there now I reckon :baby:

Oh and it's a long shot but now I'm not breastfeeding I have no need for my nearly new nursing bras. I only wore them for a week or so and now my boobs are back to their usual 36D size, they are too big. So if anyone is a 40DD and would like 2 nursing bras (one white,one black, padded from Debenhams, cost £14 or something each) then they are yours, I will post them to you. It's a long shot that someone will be the same size, but thought I'd ask before I sell them or whatever. I'd rather they went to a good home! If you'd like them them just PM me.

xx

Mrs N, you look like you are ready to pop!!!! Gorgeous nursery by the way x

Emma, sounds like things are going well for you, poor Holly tho, at least she has some medicine and should start to feel better xx

Fab pics of your little lady Laura, she's lovely!

Yay Fishy on the progress! Fingers crossed things move for you quickly now!

Blob, still here! Bless. Either way, not long to go. xx

Kara, that craft looks fab! Very funky too. Maybe cards should be my next project. I am just about to start some more knitting now things are a bit more settled here.

Emzy, poor wee Holly!! At least you know what it is and can get on and treat it now. Jack was treated for reflux as a baby, and was awfully colicky. It's hard work, and you have all my hugs! Holly looks sooo comfy in her new swing, bless her!

Becs, tightenings yay! I hope they change into something more meaningful for you!

Beautiful bump pics MrsN! You do look much lower! You look quite the picture of health! Loving your pics of the nursery on FB!

Lilia, congrats on baby Charlie-Jack! Well done you!

Hope everyone else is okay today apart from the usual aches and pains. Sending labour dust to you all, lots of babies coming now!

I have lots of new pics of Sam, will be putting loads on FB later I think! I can't help myself!! xx

Asher I'm the same with photos! I think all my facebook friends must be so sick of me putting on pics of Holly (but I don't really care lol). I'd love to see your pics of Sam, so will be having a nose a facebook later! x

Ha ha Emzy, no I love looking at everyone's baby pics!! It's so hard to not upload them all isn't it! x

I keep adding as many as possible because my OH parents livein london and have not seen the baby yet!!

Altho I bet others are sick of the sight of her! lol

I'm the same Little A, all my family are in London and Kent and haven't seen her yet so I upload as many as I can so they don't miss her being little! I also have a lot of family in Canada, so it's a great way to share her with everyone we don't see x

Ps to anyone that was interested the bras have been taken already! I'm glad I asked now! x

Hey Ladies!

Well i took your advice & went to buy the snowsuit - it is very sweet! Also got the ingredients to make 'special soup' (Jamie Oliver recipe) to freeze for lunches :thumbup:. Then my ex, ex's sister came round to distract me for a few hours which was lovely of her bless. I'm now debating what else i can do......maybe make a few cards or do some scrapbooking?
I'm not overly worried about Tufty as i keep checking with my dopler but my movements have reduced, i have been told this is common just before labour.......any comments? I haven't got in touch with the hospital or anything - as i say, i listen in regularly & he/she seems ok in there. I have an appointment with the consultant tomorrow - i might just mention it then.

I've got a real problem with my right wrist its felt sprained the last couple of days but its gradually getting worse... swollen and stiff especially my thumb, last night it was just fixed in a position and had to rub it to be able to move it..... just dont know what I have done to cause it..... just another thing to add to my pregnancy woes
It might be pregnancy induced carpel tunnel? I complained to my consultant that my hands felt like i have arthritis & bruised (not swollen though) and they said that's what mine was :shrug:

MrsN congrats on being full term today :happydance:

To all the september stars who are still waiting for there little one to arrive..How are u helping to pass the time i have 3 weeks 1 left and i am goin insane my feet hurt me to much to walk anywhere my whole body is just one big ache and pain!!! i need summet to help pass the time!! any ideas ladys?????
Make some announcement cards? Can you knit or cross stitch? I do indeed cook - anything & everything (my scales are broken.......they tell me i've put 3 1/2 stone on during my pregnancy!!!!!!!) I was the same hun - my feet are too painful to venture very far from home :cry: Although i've got to the point where i seem to have given up trying to entertain myself now.....i just kinda veg out & lurk on here and/or facebook lol.
I can't bear to think about tackling the housework - i know it'll start off as a simple hoover & dust but then i'll find something which needs a 'mega clean' and be at it for hours & end up totally knackered!

MrsJ08 - i'm making my own christmas cake for the 1st time this year, when can i make it? Not sure how early as i want to infuse it with plenty of alcohol lol but don't want it going hard or off :winkwink:

I dont think id ever get my OH in hobbycraft lol
Oooh my DH loves Hobbycraft, i tend to leave him looking at the model kits or send him on a mission to find things for me lol.

I have just checked with fetal health unit as to why they didn't prescribe antibiotics. They said as I was having a c-section they would be giving me a large dose of antibiotics anyway so didn't want to overload the system. Now I know. Thanks ladies. x

aww blondie glad you got some answers

i told myself today that i wouldnt touch my card making kit until 3pm so 9 mins to kill might walk to the shops......

Phew - I've just finished sorting out the cupboard under the stairs. It took 1hr 30 mins and I am now shattered. I only had to sit down once for a rest which I thought was pretty good going. I cannot believe how many coats (that he doesn't wear) DH has. I found two I haven't seen before! I'm certain I could get my pram chassis in there now if I wanted to although it would be a push to get the carrycot in too.

To the ladies that have been having a bit of a clear out - so have I although I don't know whether it's anything to do with labour. I started taking iron tablets last week which made me constipated so it might just be my body getting back to normal. I'm not that hopeful that labour is imminent as I'm not getting any other symptoms. My bump has definitely dropped now - I can't see my lady bits in the mirror any more :rofl:

Emzy - Holly looks so cute in her swing. Sorry to hear about her colic/reflux. I've got a sleep positioner for the baby as I picked it up cheap on ebay. I think it's the same sort of thing as Cafferine was referring to - https://www.insomniastore.co.uk/summer-supreme-sleep-positioner-with-heartbeat-90-p.asp
Glad to hear that you are almost back to normal and well healed :hugs:

Blondie - it could be that the protein present is at a really low level. I've had protein in my urine but no infection a couple of times. They took a base line figure and put it in my notes so that they didn't worry about it unless the concentration went over that amount.

Mrs N - your bump definitely looks a lot lower

Asher - I'll be checking out your FB later

xx

Limpets - to be honest you could make it in July and it would be fine for Christmas. Last year I made 5 and I did them during October. I then fed them once a week. All you have to do is bake them and then when they are cooled wrap them tightly in a couple of layers of grease proof paper. I make different varieties - last year I did traditional ones and also Fig&Honey so I write on the paper which is which. They then get put in plastic tupperware boxes or tins and stored in the cupboard until a couple of weeks before Christmas when I ice them. I made my Mincemeat in in the first week of October last year (I used James Martin's recipe - on BBC Good Food website which I would recommend) I kept mine in the fridge but you don't really need to. Mincemeat would easily keep for a year. so it's an easy one to make early. Chutney's keep for at least 6 months too so they tend to be another of my early chores. The only thing I tend to leave much closer to Christmas are Biscotti and Panatone as I usually give them as gifts and they don't keep as long.

Here are 3 of last years cakes

x

Attachments

• CakeSnowflake.jpg
    CakeSnowflake.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CakeSnowman.jpg
    CakeSnowman.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CakeStars.jpg
    CakeStars.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2