****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Thanks becks slightly fed up but had a lovely brekkie this morn coupled with backpains from hell hopefully this little boy will be here soon

Can I be added please?
Baby boy due 22nd sept
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

hey everyone =)

I havent read all the other pages - theres been so many posts! Chatty ladies!

Congrats to all the new mums and babies. labour :dust: to all those who want. Ive tried to upload a picture, but it wont let me :( ill try again soon!

Heres my little birth story for you all =)

As some of you know, I started getting pains on Sunday - nothing serious, just mild achy pains. They continued all day and by half 10 at night, we decided to start timing them. The pains continued through the night, I managed to get about an hours sleep. Woke up on Monday and had a bath - they completely stopped! I thought oooo shes playing tricks on me then! They then started back up. I carried on with my normal day, had dinner down my mother in laws, then decided to see if these contractions were doing anything, so I did a little examination (being a student midwife has its advantages!!) I was then completely shocked to find I was 5cm dilated :O couldnt believe it! Didnt even think the pains were bad enough to say I was in established labour! We phoned the birth centre and they told me to go in. Was examined by the midwife who confirmed I was 5cm dilated. I then went into the pool - the water was amazing and so comforting. My mum and husband were both there - husband in the pool with me bless him. 3 hours of pains later, I could feel such a pressure - so everytime I had a contraction (which just felt like I needed to go to toilet!!) id push down, and I found this helped loads with the pain. 1 hour after the pressure feeling (4 hours of being in the pool) the midwife decided she wanted to examine me to determine progress. Fully dilated and ready to go! It was my plan to get back in the pool, but being led down, something just happened, and I had to push there and then!! 15 minutes later - little Roxy was born into this world =) it was such a fantastic birth experience and I know im truly lucky! I hope alot of you experience what I did as it was fantastic!!

WOW Stmw sounds like an amazing birth experience for you! Is she your first?

Wow STMW - I'll have a birth like that please. Congratulations and well done you!

Lexi - Fish&Chips administrates this thread and she gave birth a couple of days ago so it might take a while for you to be added. Welcome :hugs:

Well I just had 1hour 30 mins of contractions/cramps, I'm loathe to call them contractions because I just don't know. They were regular like the ones I had on Thursday night, lasting 50ish seconds each and coming every 5 mins. We timed them using my iphone app :rofl: Now they have stopped completely and I just have a dull ache at the base of my spine. They felt more like period cramps this time and were more painful, last time they were more like tightening's with a ripple effect over my bump. I don't think I am going into labour or anything but I'm hoping that they are doing something - maybe shortening my cervix if nothing else? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming it's just my body preparing?

x

Oh and I got a letter this morning saying my anaemia has got worse and my iron level has now dropped to 9.9. How can that be? I've been taking the horrible iron tablets, plus a folic acid multivitamin and eating iron rich foods :cry:

congratulations stmw - can i have your birth too please? sounds like a wonderful experience :) xx

MrsJ, like I said to Danielle I had those kind of contractions for a few days before I gave birth, and I was 4cm by the time I got to hospital, I'm fairly sure it all helped to thin cervix and start dilating etc.... it will help you to think that every pain will be doing some of the work, even if it doesn't turn in to full blown labour straight away! xx

Thanks Louise - that is re-assuring. Perhaps I won't have to wait too long then after all. Just been looking at your facebook pictures - Lilia is adorable x

Wow STMW - I'll have a birth like that please. Congratulations and well done you!

Lexi - Fish&Chips administrates this thread and she gave birth a couple of days ago so it might take a while for you to be added. Welcome :hugs:

Well I just had 1hour 30 mins of contractions/cramps, I'm loathe to call them contractions because I just don't know. They were regular like the ones I had on Thursday night, lasting 50ish seconds each and coming every 5 mins. We timed them using my iphone app :rofl: Now they have stopped completely and I just have a dull ache at the base of my spine. They felt more like period cramps this time and were more painful, last time they were more like tightening's with a ripple effect over my bump. I don't think I am going into labour or anything but I'm hoping that they are doing something - maybe shortening my cervix if nothing else? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm assuming it's just my body preparing?

x

Oh and I got a letter this morning saying my anaemia has got worse and my iron level has now dropped to 9.9. How can that be? I've been taking the horrible iron tablets, plus a folic acid multivitamin and eating iron rich foods :cry:

Me last night :( was gutted when it stopped after they got to every 5min's apart, been getting it on and off to day so I'm just telling my self that something is going on and mean's labour will be very soon!
Need's to come on before 5pm monday so I don't need to be induced. x

STMW - What a lovely Birth, Congratulations xxx

Louise - Apart from the feeding how you settling into mummyhood?

Mrs J I've been having similar the past day or so, been getting crampy aches too.

:wohoo: My tumble dryer has arrived.... I never thought I would get so excited over laundry !!

Hi Ladies, long time no catch up (sorry :blush:) but i'm here now & catching up on 30 pages as DH has gone to a car show for the weekend lol. Back once i've caught up xxx

Limpets, hows things with you??

Mrs J, I have been having similar things since coming back from a walk!! I am really hoping they do turn into something, I am more than ready!!

We took Murphy for a 4 mile walk, it was a bit up and down hills, got home to have period pains and cramping!! I am not getting my hopes up!! Just chilling out now watching Eclipse and eating pineapple!!

Ok i've caught up now ladies but mainly been updating the births on the new mums thread.

Jenos - i've just clicked who you are :haha: :dohh: apologies hun (i'm guessing you know who i am lmao)
Do people know Jenos had her little boy last night at 23.11pm via c - section, they have called him Joel - congratulations hunny :hugs:

ok, i think that's my 'chores' done lol. Just waved DH off, we were meant to be going to a car show together (with Tufty inside or out) but i have a midwife coming to check on my blood pressure as it was high on both hospital visits the other day.............still waiting for her to come ggrrrrr! Dh waited as long as he could belss in the hopes we could still both go but int he end i sent him off with supplies to stay overnight if he caan share a tent with someone - one of us might as well have a decent weekend!

Apologies for my vague post the other day. I had 2 hospital appointments at different hospitals but who both said the same thing. My body is no where near ready to go into labour itself so i will need inducing :cry:. I've been given a date for a week today. I was very upset for a few days as it means my water birth is out of the question (it was my only planned method of pain relief!!!) and i was warned that because it's my cervix which is the problem they don't think induction will work anyway :cry:
I chatted to DH about it all last night & feel a bit more optimistic today - i plan to do loads of hyno relaxation & pray against all odds it will make a difference & kick start my stupid useless body into some sort of action.

How many of us are overdue now? I might go see if there's a thread for us :haha: I think we should give a prize for the star who managed to go over the longest :thumbup: Just to cheer us up :haha:

Well, i'm off to make some jewellery christmas presents. Will be back later though esp if DH not home, :hugs:to everyone & especially those overdue xxx

Hey becs, hope something is happening for you hun!
I'm not too bad now thanks, much better than i was. Symptom wise i seem to have a constant lower back pain & horrid shooting pains through my bum :shrug: enough to make me yell out when they come, but then they dissapear immediately :shrug:. I also seem to be 'clearing myself out' (sorry if tmi) and i have increased discharge (again tmi) & worry about smelling :shrug:. Other than than - nada!!!

Hey all, hoep you are all well,

Labour dust to all:) Congrats to all new mummys!!!!

Im severely fed up, i am huge, baby is huge, hospital fully booked for sections so delays, im in pain, slipped in the shower yest, no major damage but my legs went split like as much as the could but now, omg the pain inbetween my legs.

Hospital have really p'd me off, and im jst upset about it all, they shut a maternity hospital in glasgow but dont flamin up the care/wards/docs at the only other maternity hospital so people suffer. Ranting Im sorry.xx

:hugs: everyone who is overdue...I was having pains for days that came then went was SO frustrating!! However mine were doing nothing to my cervix as Rosalie was still so high :dohh:

Drea :hugs: :hugs:

Limpet i was going to be booked for a csec as Rosalie was in SUCH a bad place for birth...she was so high they would either break my waters if i was 3cms + or csec :lol: So dont lose heart hun :hugs: Mine just meant i was in for a looong labour as my body had to turn her from back to back and try to get her to engage :nope: Also i had no signs AT ALL of labour coming they just started... my MW said that by 10+ days your body is just trying to get the baby out if the baby wants it or not :hugs:

:wohoo: to all new mummies :cloud9:

Hey becs, hope something is happening for you hun!
I'm not too bad now thanks, much better than i was. Symptom wise i seem to have a constant lower back pain & horrid shooting pains through my bum :shrug: enough to make me yell out when they come, but then they dissapear immediately :shrug:. I also seem to be 'clearing myself out' (sorry if tmi) and i have increased discharge (again tmi) & worry about smelling :shrug:. Other than than - nada!!!

Im having shooting pains in my bum too! hurts soo bad! I guess that means there low right? other than that having period type pains through the night but nothing!!!!!!!! Starting to get your hopes up now girls huh??? everytime i have a pain i like..... C'MON!!!! Never thought i would want to feel pain!! LOL :)

Limpets, what a nightmare for you, like Blob said dont give up hope xx There are quite a few of us that are overdue now!!

Drea, poor you, hope you get something sorted soon xx

I am still here, I guess I will be having my sweep on Monday then fx'd it will all be ok! This baby is holding on and obviously doesnt want to come out anytime soon! I am sick of going to the loo all the time both wee's and poos!

Limpets - I thought F&C a couple of days before labour was unfavourable for a sweep etc and they thought she was no where near..... thinks might change, do your hypno visualisation it all will help :hugs:

Drea - I wondered how you were feeling today after your slip in the shower xxx We have a current argument where I live regarding Maternity Wards, they are looking to change the maintown one into a birthing centre and have consultant maternity led facilities 45 minutes away.... our local mp's have all been campaigning against the move as some babies have been born in ambulances or diverted to 3rd hospital etc etc When I phone to say i'm in labour they will tell me whether our journey will be 10 mins or an hour. New government are re looking at the plans at the moment fx'd they see sense. Hope you get a date soon :hugs:

Becs - Hope somthing happens soon for you as I can tell your just getting annoyed now with it all.... I think your system is definatly moving in the right direction what with all your :loo::loo::loo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->