****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Just dropping by with the following for all you overdue ladies:

:dust: :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

xx

Oh and Happy 1 Month birthday to my girlie!! Can't believe it's been a month since I had her! xx

Emzy, thats gone really quick xx

Just been bouncing on my ball again, have to say its doing naff all!!

Hiya ladies, big hugs and labour dust to you all!

Emzy, happy one month to Holly, time is flying!

Thankyou all for your good thoughts and wishes for Jack's nursery visit, he loved it! I am going to be the one who's upset on Thurs when I leave him there for an hour and a half!

Will be checking in middle of night when feeding to see if anything's happening for anyone, fingers crossed. Am feeding and typing at mo, so gonna go for now!! xxx

Congrats to all the new mummies and hugs to those in the overdue club. I really don't want to go overdue but then again I wouldn't mind a libra baby :)

Becs, good luck, hope tonights your lucky night

Emzy, I can't believe it's been a month, wow!

I've been feeling very nauseous today, even threw up once :-( wonder if it means anything?? Most probably not...

ahhhh nooo baby has 47 mins until im joinning the overdue club.. boooooo!!!

:dust:

I've been noticing an unusual amount of discharge for me, its not tons, nothing that's soaking a pad, but enough that it (sorry tmi!!) kind of drips when im on the toilet. nor is it completely clear, its more watery than usual, but there is still a bit of a "creaminess" to it. Would any of you go in to get checked for that? Or is it just my wishful thinking taking its toll on me again?? :haha:

labour :dust: to everyone needing it :)
Henry is fast on, proper little daddy's boy! And daddy is devoted to him...i'v not had to do anything since getting home! :(
He settle's so easily for his daddy, but wont for me :( wondering if it's because I was handing him to OH when I was getting stressed over the whole BF thing

Hello ladies, my LO was born on september 10th exactly on his due date.

Well done SRT and welcome simon! :)
Aw danielle, i'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe it just seems as though your oh is bonding with the baby. Its hard when you're the one who was losing sleep and then had to go through labour and birth. Big hugs :hugs:
Am sat feeding as usual. I think this is usually the time of day when I can actually catch up with my own stuff instead of looking after people! Xxx

I'm sorry that I went AWOL yesterday, I had quite a traumatic time and it's taken me a while to come to terms with things.

I had my MW appointment at 9.30 am and had to go alone as DH was on a course. I was 35 minutes late going in so was a bit tense by the time I got through the door. However, I had a nice chat with the MW's as there were two in with me and got ready for them to give me my Sweep. Just as she was about to do it, the MW (thankfully she was a Senior MW!) decided to check the position of the baby. Yes, you've guessed it - the baby has turned back to breech :cry: I burst into tears immediately. The MW said she was 99% sure but wanted a second opinion so she went off to find my Consultant. The Consultant came back with a portable scanner and confirmed that the baby is indeed breech again.

I feel devastated to be honest, as you all know I had to get approval from the Consultant MW to use water for labour, did Moxibustion when the baby was breech before, have attended active birth classes and listened to Hypnobirthing CD's as I wanted a 100% natural birth. To find out at this late stage (it's my due date today) that, that isn't going to be possible has really knocked me for six. I came back from the hospital and cried for three hours.

Eventually I managed to calm down, my DH came home to comfort me and discuss our limited options. It really scares me to think I could easily have gone into Labour with an undiagnosed breech, thank goodness it was the Senior MW that saw me yesterday. The hospital did offer me an ECV, one MW was positive about trying it but the other wasn't. I decided to get an objective opinion so called my Aunt who is a Senior Sister in Casualty - she immediately advised me not to have it. My Aunt told me about a website called Birth Choices which gives you the actual statistics for your hospital - not the national average. Here is the link if anyone is interested https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/Professionals/Frame.htm I had been told that the chance of the ECV working was about 40-50% which is the national average, however when I checked the actual statistics for my hospital there was only a 15.2% success rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 89.1% of Breech Babies born at term at my hospital are delivered by C-Section including those that were undiagnosed prior to labour. With those kinds of statistics in play, my rational mathematical DH, had no doubts about what we should do.

Therefore, I have decided to accept the C-Section that they have booked for me and I will be meeting my baby tomorrow (16th). I have to report to the Labour Ward at 7.30am and assuming there are no emergencies, I hope to meet my baby within a few hours of arrival. I have been told that I can have music and they will do their best to make the birth the way I want it. My main priority is to have skin-to-skin as soon as possible as I really want to try and BF. I will probably be kept in hospital until Sat/Sun and luckily my Mum has now arranged to come up Mon-Thurs to support me as DH will be on his Course.

I'm still feeling very emotional about the situation and can't quite get my head around the fact that the baby managed to turn back at such a late stage. I think I may have a very stubborn character on my hands.

Please can I ask a favour - if you are on my facebook would you mind not mentioning it as I have only told my parents and brother and don't really want to talk about it today while I'm trying to prepare myself mentally. I'm glad I've got you guys to share this with. I know many of you will understand why I am so upset that it has come to this. But, I haven't at any point lost sight of the most important thing, a happy healthy baby regardless of how it is delivered.

I will text Blob/Jellycat with an update as soon as I am able after the op.

If you have made it this far, thanks for listening :hugs: I will lurk on BnB today but may not post much depending on how I feel

xxx

hey everyone

hope all is well =)

congrats to the new mums =)

labour :dust: to everyone =)

Im going to attempt this picture stuff again - hopefully you can see a picture of my Roxy below !!

https://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6185/roxyfirstweek1.jpg
By louiseconnolly at 2010-09-14

xxxx

:hugs: mrsJ I hope everything goes as well as possible! Glad you get to meet your LO so soon though <3

hey everyone

hope all is well =)

Im going to attempt this picture stuff again - hopefully you can see a picture of my Roxy below !!

xxxx

congrats! she's adorable, soo cute!!!

Mrsjo8. Can't believe baby has moved back at such a late stage. It's a shame that you won't have the natural birth you wanted, but all be forgotten when your baby arrives safe healthy and well, that's the most important thing.

I'm sorry that I went AWOL yesterday, I had quite a traumatic time and it's taken me a while to come to terms with things.

I had my MW appointment at 9.30 am and had to go alone as DH was on a course. I was 35 minutes late going in so was a bit tense by the time I got through the door. However, I had a nice chat with the MW's as there were two in with me and got ready for them to give me my Sweep. Just as she was about to do it, the MW (thankfully she was a Senior MW!) decided to check the position of the baby. Yes, you've guessed it - the baby has turned back to breech :cry: I burst into tears immediately. The MW said she was 99% sure but wanted a second opinion so she went off to find my Consultant. The Consultant came back with a portable scanner and confirmed that the baby is indeed breech again.

I feel devastated to be honest, as you all know I had to get approval from the Consultant MW to use water for labour, did Moxibustion when the baby was breech before, have attended active birth classes and listened to Hypnobirthing CD's as I wanted a 100% natural birth. To find out at this late stage (it's my due date today) that, that isn't going to be possible has really knocked me for six. I came back from the hospital and cried for three hours.

Eventually I managed to calm down, my DH came home to comfort me and discuss our limited options. It really scares me to think I could easily have gone into Labour with an undiagnosed breech, thank goodness it was the Senior MW that saw me yesterday. The hospital did offer me an ECV, one MW was positive about trying it but the other wasn't. I decided to get an objective opinion so called my Aunt who is a Senior Sister in Casualty - she immediately advised me not to have it. My Aunt told me about a website called Birth Choices which gives you the actual statistics for your hospital - not the national average. Here is the link if anyone is interested https://www.birthchoiceuk.com/Professionals/Frame.htm I had been told that the chance of the ECV working was about 40-50% which is the national average, however when I checked the actual statistics for my hospital there was only a 15.2% success rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 89.1% of Breech Babies born at term at my hospital are delivered by C-Section including those that were undiagnosed prior to labour. With those kinds of statistics in play, my rational mathematical DH, had no doubts about what we should do.

Therefore, I have decided to accept the C-Section that they have booked for me and I will be meeting my baby tomorrow (16th). I have to report to the Labour Ward at 7.30am and assuming there are no emergencies, I hope to meet my baby within a few hours of arrival. I have been told that I can have music and they will do their best to make the birth the way I want it. My main priority is to have skin-to-skin as soon as possible as I really want to try and BF. I will probably be kept in hospital until Sat/Sun and luckily my Mum has now arranged to come up Mon-Thurs to support me as DH will be on his Course.

I'm still feeling very emotional about the situation and can't quite get my head around the fact that the baby managed to turn back at such a late stage. I think I may have a very stubborn character on my hands.

Please can I ask a favour - if you are on my facebook would you mind not mentioning it as I have only told my parents and brother and don't really want to talk about it today while I'm trying to prepare myself mentally. I'm glad I've got you guys to share this with. I know many of you will understand why I am so upset that it has come to this. But, I haven't at any point lost sight of the most important thing, a happy healthy baby regardless of how it is delivered.

I will text Blob/Jellycat with an update as soon as I am able after the op.

If you have made it this far, thanks for listening :hugs: I will lurk on BnB today but may not post much depending on how I feel

xxx

Oh MrsJo i really really feel for you :hugs: i know how much time you have spent trying to get little one to turn and how much you wanted your natural birth...sometimes medical intervention is necessary unfortunatly and with those statistics i think the section will be your safest option...im preparing myself for one tbh...i just dont think my body works so doesnt want to go into labour! Im jealous you will get to meet your baby tomorrow!! You will have to add me on facebook (jayne Huxley-Steadman) xxx :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss::hugs:

hey everyone

hope all is well =)

xxxx

Roxy is beautiful hun!! Bless my DF dragged me into the disney store and we bought the Mickey Mouse from the same range as Roxy's Minnie xx

STMW, Roxy is gorgeous!!!

Aw MrsJ I can't believe your baby's turned again! I know it's terrible news for you after the moxibustion and everything to turn the baby head down. It must be really hard to deal with, and with DH being on a course at the end of the week. As you say though, a healthy baby is the desired outcome, and you get to meet your little one tomorrow!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->