****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

boony so pleased that they managed to turn baby, fingers crossed the little one stays head down!

Thanks everyone, My DH is very squemish and really doesnt want me to have a section he thinks he'll faint in there and miss his son being born. Plus i had a great labour experiance with my first son and would really like to have a vaginal birth again so fingers crossed. Only 5 days till my due date anyway :happydance:

Boony - my DH is squeamish and was worried about the section but you don't see anything they have a screen up. My DH even cut the cord after adamantly saying he didn't want to. I hope you get the vaginal birth you want but I wanted to reassure you just in case things don't go to plan as they didn't for me x

Jellycat, that's a lovely blanket :)

Berkeley, massive congrats! Glad she's finally here, I'm looking forward to reading your story

Boony, glad they managed to turn the baby, FX'd baby stays head down!

I'm joining you girls who've lost their plugs lately :) well I've had snotty discharge over the past few days, it literally looks like I'm blowing my nose on my pantyliner lol. I was confused since it wasn't bloody or anything, but at least things are heading in the right direction :happydance: x

Thanks MrsJ. I have told him all that already but he thinks hes going to hear everything and it'll smell and stuff. He cut my sons cord perfectly fine at my vaginal birth so hes not that bad but someone he works with told him it stinks and you can hear squelching etc. I personally think my hubby would be ok once in there hes just scared.

Hope all these plugs mean something for you ladies. I havent had any signs yet other than not sleeping well and needing the toilet more (i've been sleeping and weeing fine all through my pregnancy)

Hope everyone is doing well. So exciting to see so many new babies!

I have had my baby boy as well! Xavier Isaac was born on Monday 20th September weighing 6lb 8oz.

I've posted my birth story here.

boony was over the moon when i read your news.. i know how worrying it is as mine was transverse for while.

Elphabe- congrats honey xxx

Well looks like the rest of us are all having fanny snot... which has got to be a good sign..

i dont sleep at night, i day dream too much.. and then wake up up depressed as there is no sign of labor...i just want to sleep through the next few days until i have the baby... my pink bunny car seat wrap arrived this morning, its the last of my baby stuff to arrive in the post......

Hubby has the dreaded cold.. if i did go into labor now he would be useless to me..

Elphaba - Congrats - I've been to your Journal and Birth Story already :happydance:

Boony - I don't remember hearing anything or smelling anything unusual. We played Classical Music. You can always pop a CD in your bag just-in-case it comes to it. xx

Afternoon all,

I have heard some ladies talk about checking their cervix, what exactly does this do?
I used to coil check so i remember what that was like and remember feeling the cords that went up into the cervix, but now i can't even find it, and not sure if i am just not doing it right!

I am off out soon for my second walk of the day, i have been resting in the hope i do start labour well rested and ready to go!

The consultant said baby was a bit transverse(?) but hopefully would twist round in labour, i am just getting resigned to the fact i will be induced, my last induced labour took 12 to start and then 3 hours from start to finish, and was very intense, the natural birth was 2 hours longer and easier but i suppose induced it will all be over pretty fast!
I don't really understand why my body won't go into labour naturally, still hoping it will!

Well sorry for selfish post,

I am bored!!

:hugs:

:baby:tp xx

Hi

Went to hospital today for my induction appointment today. I have had period pains and mild cramps all night, but when I went to hospital the doc said it was all quite high ( cervix) so he couldn't do sweep so I'm booked in for induction on Tuesday! End in sight at last yay... Off for some sleep now, been awake since 2am. :(

Afternoon all,

I have heard some ladies talk about checking their cervix, what exactly does this do?
I used to coil check so i remember what that was like and remember feeling the cords that went up into the cervix, but now i can't even find it, and not sure if i am just not doing it right!

I think people do this to check themselves for softness and dilation. One person this week did give a DIY sweep instructions on the Third thread but it didn't sound right to me.

emzdreamgirl

Went to hospital today for my induction appointment today. I have had period pains and mild cramps all night, but when I went to hospital the doc said it was all quite high ( cervix) so he couldn't do sweep so I'm booked in for induction on Tuesday! End in sight at last yay... Off for some sleep now, been awake since 2am.

Congratulations on getting an Induction date ! I've also been getting the mild cramps all day but don't think its doing anything either.... except annoy me :haha:

BTP I'm also bored .... think i'll do my puzzle tonight just to pass the time xx

emz glad you got your induction date :thumbup:

btp I think the checking of the cervix is mainly for inquisitive reasons really! After all, you can walk around 3cm dilated for weeks and not go into labour, so none of it really means anything! I have also heard of doing DIY sweeps, but I don't agree with this particularly as there is a risk of rupturing the membranes whilst doing a sweep and if the baby is not engaged this can result in cord prolapse & therefore blue-lighting to the operating theatre!

Jellycat good idea doing a puzzle, I think I may dig one out to start.

Been eating lots of pineapple today - had nearly a whole one lol! I was craving it, and thought well you never know, it may start something! It has upset my stomach a bit so who knows!

i cant seem to reach my cervix properly... and even if i could i wouldnt know what it should feel like..

I can feel my LO really low down, really hurting now when she moves..

how many are there left of us Sep stars now?

Doesn't feel like many of us left now...... but i'm sure there are..... the list is definetly getting shorter.

I'm really hoping my pram arrives next week i'm calling them tomorrow (fingers crossed). On a good note DH called HO of the insurance company to complain and thankfully I've had no calls today !!!

Hi,

just a quick post:

Tobias Patrick was born on Tuesday, 21st September at 4.07 am. He weighed 6lbs 11oz and is just perfect. It took two sweeps with that funny stuff and he was born after only 2 hours of labour. It was a very calm and nearly relaxed birth.
https://www.9monate.de/fisheye/image/211520/5241

if that doesn't work, there's a picture on my blog at: https://biancascrossstitchoasis.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Pinky, so pleased you had a relaxed birth xx

Congrats pinky!

It definately feels like there's not many of us left now!

Aww this thread is getting quieter and quieter! How are you ladies that are still waiting feeling? Not long for you all now.

Congrats to the new mummies! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"