****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Morning ladies!

I have news but haven't been able to get on all night as it's been down... Babythinkpink text me at midnight to say she was in labour! I haven't heard anything yet, so I don't know if she's had her baby overnight, but I will update you all when I hear anything.

Good luck BTP!!!! xx

Finally we get to find out if BTP is having a boy or a girl !!! Good Luck xxxx

I'm loving the fact of a baby aday, gives me a bit of motivation that it's not long now!

Well last night I had very close together tightenings / Back ache / and stomach cramps every 4 to 6 minutes for almost 5 hours. The only reason I didn't call hospital is because I could still manage with the pain, decided to make a fresh hot water bottle and try and get some sleep. Told DH if things progressed pain wise i'd have a shower and wash my hair (im determined to do this before going into hospital) and I'll wake him if needed. Really thought this was it as it felt completly different to previous 'episodes' .... well one hour in bed and nothing absolutly nothing. Woke up this morning bump still feeling slightly tight but nothing to get excited about....... so looks like another day for me.

On a positive actually managed to paint my toenails this morning ! quite an achievement at 40 + 4 weeks pregnant.

Hope everyone has a good day and look forward to hearing more from BTP !

Ooohhh and congrats lilbumpblue!
but boooo! they wouldnt give me the gas and air until i was ready to push. You sure we went to the same Hosp? :rofl:
x

ooh good luck btp, or maybe you've had your baby already! :happydance:

baby, you are due tomorrow, and your mummy is a big fan of punctuality! :haha:

baby, you are due tomorrow, and your mummy is a big fan of punctuality! :haha:

:thumbup: This made me smile

Me too!! How exciting about Babythinkpink! I think it's a boy, but I bet I'm wrong! I would even take a little bet on a name, just because of something she said a while ago. Now I bet I'm even more wrong!

Managed to get all the boys sorted this morning, out of the house for 8.30 to get one to school and the other to nursery! Came back, gave Sam a mammoth feed, now just come back from a walk with the dogs. Quick catch up on the gossip whilst he's still asleep in his pram, then back down to nursery for 11.45 to collect Jack! No shower yet, or cleaning, but hey, you can't have everything!! :haha:

Come on more Stars! Your mummies are ready to meet you now! x

Just a quick one as in town, but Btp text and has had a baby girl! She said labour was tough as cervix wouldn't thin out but she's a very happy mummy. She said more details to follow when she feels less fyxzt. Congrats Btp!!!! X

there goes that theory then asher, good job you didn't put any money on it!
congrats btp on your little girl :happydance: thanks for the update emzy :thumbup:

there goes that theory then asher, good job you didn't put any money on it!
congrats btp on your little girl :happydance: thanks for the update emzy :thumbup:

See I said I would be wrong!! Ha ha!! Aw so glad she's had her little one! :baby:

but boooo! they wouldnt give me the gas and air until i was ready to push. You sure we went to the same Hosp? :rofl:
x

I didnt use is whilst pushing i just used it for the painful contractions >.<
What was your midwife name...What labour room & bed were you in?? ...i was in labour room 13 and ward bed 13...must be his lucky number! :) xx

Just a quick one as in town, but Btp text and has had a baby girl! She said labour was tough as cervix wouldn't thin out but she's a very happy mummy. She said more details to follow when she feels less fyxzt. Congrats Btp!!!! X

Congrats btp!! cant wait to hear more xx

Congratulations BTP look forward to knowing her name and seeing pictures !!!

Wonder who will be next.... MixedMama maybe?

Popped into Asda this morning and the usual polite conversation of..... When you due, replied 4 days ago... she looked so scared she was going to cry..... quite enjoying this overdue lark .... for now. Lady K I also saw your little bumble bee outfit I was so tempted to buy but thought it wouldn't be fair on baby if it ends up being a boy!

Update on pram, I rang the manufacturer who said they are still currently allocating on a first come first served basis and this should be finalised by Wednesday. Called the Independant shop and asked to call the manufacturer wednesday to confirm if I have been allocated. The Ind shop said that they will call and that when they rang them last week the manufacturer told them we would be on this delivery........ So I will know Wednesday if Im allocated on this batch or whether I will have to wait until end of October for my pram !!!!! I feel really nervous now that I will be without a pram for a month .... I'll have no finger nails left by Wednesday !

Hi Guys

Came on here last night to update and for the first time since i started going on this website it was down for maintenance!! Typical

Well very briefly this is what happened over the weekend....

My waters broke at 9.30pm Friday night and I was with my parents so they took me home. I noticed that the waters were slightly green and so i rang the hospital and they said i should go straight down to get seen. They later told me this as common for overduee babies. My contractions started after about ten minutes of my waters breaking and within about 45 minutes were coming every 4 minutes. Dh asked me if i was sure whether that was right but i checked and they were. We got hospital (i think - its very blurry!) about eleven and were taken straight to a delivery suite. They checked and i was already 3cm dilated and I started using the gas and air straight away and then ended up being violently sick from the gas and air (i had just eaten chips from the takeaway and chocolate!). I had some pethadine and some anti sickness medication at about 1am. Then shortly after i asked for an epidural. It had been agreed with the anaesthetist before labour that i was going to avoid an epidural due to back problems (mild spina bifida) so i was begging the anaesathist to give me the epidural and he looked through the notes and refused. i then asked to have remifentanil as that is the painkiller that we discussed at an earlier appointment and she said that she would check how far along i was and said no because i was already 9cm and this was sometime after 3am. I had gone from 3 to 9cm dilated between 11pm and 3am - ish. So at about four i had the urge to push and she was born at 4.24am. All in all very quick! I had stitches.....ouch.We went up to the ward at about 10 Sat morning and i was discharged yesterday evening at 5pm.
So in total i had only gas and air and pethadine.

I spent most of my time during my hospital stay stressing about breastfeeding. i had tried on my own on the morning she was born and she did take to it, but only for about ten seconds at a time, and just wouldnt latch on. Soo i kept perervering throughout the day but itjust wasnt happening, she wouldnt latch properly then i was getting sore from it. I spent the whole of that night awake because she was crying and i couldnt feed her properly and me and baby were getting stressed ( ii was crying) i had about four midwifes try and help me with poistioning etc but still didnt work. So the next day another midwife went and got a 'milking machine' as she called it and we tried to express something, we got a bit and she said i was producing colostrum, in fact loads and baby was eager to suck everything around her - fingers, jumpers blankets etc, but it just wasnt working for us. So we gave a bottle of formula just to give her something. since then i have been making up a bottle of formula and trying her on the breast before a feed and really trying to perservere, but it just isnt working and she just wont stay on loing enough so i decided this morning to stick with the bottle and have given up on breastfeeding. I was adamant that i would perservere, but after spending the whole first fourty eight hours of her life worrying about feeding i have decided to stop feeling guilty. We tried but it just wasnt for us. It makes me feel like i have let her down bt DH says i shouldnt beat myself up about it....

9.30pm on Friday night

x

I didnt use is whilst pushing i just used it for the painful contractions >.<
What was your midwife name...What labour room & bed were you in?? ...i was in labour room 13 and ward bed 13...must be his lucky number! :) xx

I was in ward bed 13 too :D I dont know which labour room it was, it was the room RIGHT at the end of the corridor facing out to the end of the maternity block.

Jellycat, I hope you don't have to wait til the end of october for your pram! I reckon you'll be next in line to give birth, not sure why, I think your false alarm last night definately means something though!!

Aww congrats to BTP on her little girl, can't wait to read her birth story.

Emz, well done with your labour. Don't get yourself down about BFing, you tried your absolute best :hugs: xx

The weather here is absolutely depressing, it's not helping lift my mood!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->