****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Ooohhh and congrats lilbumpblue!
but boooo! they wouldnt give me the gas and air until i was ready to push. You sure we went to the same Hosp? :rofl:
x

I didnt use is whilst pushing i just used it for the painful contractions >.<
What was your midwife name...What labour room & bed were you in?? ...i was in labour room 13 and ward bed 13...must be his lucky number! :) xx

I was in ward bed 13 too :D I dont know which labour room it was, it was the room RIGHT at the end of the corridor facing out to the end of the maternity block.

OMG as if you were lol! My midwife was called Claire Jones she was there 5pm until 8pm then i had Angela Steadman (funnily enough same surname) until the end! x

Hi ladies,
So sorry i haven;t been on before now (again :blush:) how do you all find the time.......where does the time go? Is there still 24 hours in the day or did someone shorten them & not inform me :haha:

We're all ok here, still healing from the section but more so healing my poor nips from my nibbly baby girl & getting the hang of BF ing.

Anyway - i will be on soon with my birth story but i mainly came on as Carley called with details & asked me to post them on here (apologies if they have already been done - i know she's also in contact with ?emzy?)

Carley had her little boy Jayden Peter on 24th September weighing a very healthy 9lb 11 1/2oz. She had dilated to 5cm but like me her little bundle of trouble was having problems with his heart rate. They attempted a vontous (?sp) but it failed so they proceeded to a c-section. Jayden was born not breathing so he had to be resuscitated & whisked off to SCBU for support. They said this was all due to the placenta being crushed. Carley has been able to hand express her milk so he could be syringe fed until yesterday when they took him out of his incubator & she could properly breast feed him.
Mom & baby are both doing well & hope to be out on thursday all being well.

So - there you go.

I promise i will try to get online soon, especailly as i need to update our other thread (why did i say i'd take that on board? lol).

Hope your all well, congrats to al the new mummies & love to all the 'old hands':haha:

Hugs & kisses xxx

emz wow sounds like a pretty quick labour. don't beat yourself up about the breastfeeding - you tried and at the end of the day she's getting food which is the most important thing.

jellycat I really hope your pram arrives soon - have you got a sling or carrier you can use just in case it doesn't??
I love people's reaction when I say I'm due this week, so I can only imagine when you are overdue it's even funnier. It's like you are going to explode in front of their eyes or something :haha:

Emzy - Big Congrats she's beautiful and sounds like your labour was pretty quick!! Don't beat yourself up about the BF you tried and it didnt work this happens to alot of people as I believe tempends alot on the baby as with Ashers 3 boys they have all been completly different regarding feeding. Your doing whats best for baby xxx

Limpets - Good to see you. Thanks for updating us about Carley good to hear they are both on the mend after what must of been a very frightening time xx Nice to see your gradually settling into mummyhood xx

MixedMama - I can't be next.... I've got no pram LOL. I have been getting tightenings again this afternoon but still adamant this is normal. I think i'm in denial mode at the moment not sure .... How you been feeling today?

Mrs N - 2 of our friends have given us carriers so we have that as an option also my sister has an old pram from 7 years ago that she needs to find amongst alot of boxes (as she moved house last week). We plan to clean that up and get a cheap mattress fir the cot quickly if needed (fx'd)

hello peeps, firstly thank you to limpets and emzy for updating the thread. im still in hospital atm, using the stupid tv internet thingie to post this. baby is doing ok, as he had no oxygen for a while, his liver and kidneys shut down for a while, but seem to be picking up. we will both be in hosp till friday at the earliest. apgar was 1,4,7, so was touch and go for a while. unfortunately the whole labour thing wasnt as textbook as i hoped, but atleast i got to try everything! normal labour, induced conractions, gas and air, pethadin, epidural, vontousse, forceps and c-section...... blimey!

hopefully Jayden will be out of nicu by tomorrow, and by my bed in a cot..... so in love with him, nothing quite like watching OH and baby have a cuddle together

congrats to all the new mummies, i'll update properly when i get home.

my breast pump from boots just arrived, maybe that why my LO hasnt come out, she was waiting for the breast pump to arrive !!!

ooh good luck btp, or maybe you've had your baby already! :happydance:

baby, you are due tomorrow, and your mummy is a big fan of punctuality! :haha:

awwww babe, really hope your LO comes on time for you xx

Just a quick one as in town, but Btp text and has had a baby girl! She said labour was tough as cervix wouldn't thin out but she's a very happy mummy. She said more details to follow when she feels less fyxzt. Congrats Btp!!!! X

Wohooooooooo fantastic news !!! cant wait for the photos x

Congratulations BTP look forward to knowing her name and seeing pictures !!!

Wonder who will be next.... MixedMama maybe?

Popped into Asda this morning and the usual polite conversation of..... When you due, replied 4 days ago... she looked so scared she was going to cry..... quite enjoying this overdue lark .... for now. Lady K I also saw your little bumble bee outfit I was so tempted to buy but thought it wouldn't be fair on baby if it ends up being a boy!

!

I went to tesco's today, lady on the till asked when i was due and had the same shocked face as you, what didnt help is LO moved and i moaned in pain..she came running to my side i went red and explained it was just her moving... spent a load of money on nothing.. again !!!!

Hope you get your pram soon, must be frustrating for you babe...

Sounds like you had the same pains as me on saturday morning, very upsetting when it all stopped but its got to be a good sign... would feel better if i lost my plug.

hello peeps, firstly thank you to limpets and emzy for updating the thread. im still in hospital atm, using the stupid tv internet thingie to post this. baby is doing ok, as he had no oxygen for a while, his liver and kidneys shut down for a while, but seem to be picking up. we will both be in hosp till friday at the earliest. apgar was 1,4,7, so was touch and go for a while. unfortunately the whole labour thing wasnt as textbook as i hoped, but atleast i got to try everything! normal labour, induced conractions, gas and air, pethadin, epidural, vontousse, forceps and c-section...... blimey!

hopefully Jayden will be out of nicu by tomorrow, and by my bed in a cot..... so in love with him, nothing quite like watching OH and baby have a cuddle together

congrats to all the new mummies, i'll update properly when i get home.

hope you both get to come home soon honey.... sounds like it was a scary birth.. pleased he is ok now.. love his name xx

:hugs: and :dust: to you all. Not long left and you can come join all us insomniacs on the other thread !!

Congratulations to all the new mummies !! xxx

Congratulations to all the new mummies!!!!

oooo Mrs_N it's your due date tomorrow!! and yes it is well funny when you get asked "how long have you got left?" a guy in asda asked me, (i was overdue by 4days at the time) and his eyes nearly fell out, like i was going to have my baby there in the crisp aisle :rofl:

September is nearly out :shock: where has the time gone??

Wishing everyone luck :hugs:

carnt wait to see you all, over in the other thread :happydance:

Carley, so glad Jayden is doing well, fx'd you will be out very soon xxx

just had a thought

Is there a special title for the last of the Sep stars ?
because im sooooooooo going to aim for that title... might make the waiting more bearable..lol

carley so glad you are both doing okay, sounds like it has been a very scary time for you :hugs: :hugs:

Carley hopefully he'll be by your side soon xx Just glad your both doing well now xx

Hi carley hun, glad you're ok and your little man is on the mend. Bet you can't wait to have him next to you x

Glad you and Jayden are doing well Carley.

Hope you other Ladies who are still waiting are doing okay

Congrats to the new mummies with their little bundles of joy - now the fun begins!

Saw the consultant today, I'm only 1cm and not fully effaced yet so it looks like I still have a while to wait. She did try a sweep and other than quite a lot of bleeding, nothing yet. Oh and I really hurt my back getting off the examination table - I could have done without that!

Have a section date scheduled for Oct 8th - here's hoping I don't need it. Going in on Oct 6th for an attempt to break my waters and get me going, would rather avoid intervention, but having to have another section would be worse.

So back to the waiting game...

hope you can avoid a section kaz - 8th is still quite a way away so you have enough time hopefully :hugs:

I'm getting lots of period cramps and tightenings tonight - hoping thsi is a good sign, but I know it could be nothing at all too!

Big hugs Carley, it sounds as though you have had a very scary time. Good to hear you have been able to breastfeed your beautiful little man though, and things are picking up for you. I love his name! xx

Hugs to all the waiters....!!! Who's next? xx

Well I am back from the hospital, with my beautiful daughter, Rosie, she was a pretty difficult birth, and that was a shock for my 5th, i thought it would be a breeze, I was very wrong!
Anyway will post a proper birth story soon, the result is a pretty sore throat from gas and air, some stitches because i tore a big vein that would bleed so needed stitching back together, a sore pee tube from having my bladder artifically emptied twice, tube up, back, then up and back again, I was not happy!!
Rosie is beautiful, and very placid, she was on the boob within 10 mins of birth and it seems all the worries the 20 week scan threw up were as the consultant said nothing to worry about and she is perfect.
Had my first pee not in a shower a major acheivement!! Food tastes better already, and i feel a bit delicate but very happy!
Will post pics asap but just shattered right now,

Huge :hugs: to those waiting, not long now :hugs::hugs:

BTP, sorry you had a bad time but so glad Rosie is doing well xxx Congratulations again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->