****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

MixedMama - I can't be next.... I've got no pram LOL. I have been getting tightenings again this afternoon but still adamant this is normal. I think i'm in denial mode at the moment not sure .... How you been feeling today?

I'm ok thanks :) I'm feeling a lot more patient and calmer than I was last week because I know that no matter what, I'll give birth by friday (even though I really don't want to be induced!!) How are you? Any progress on the tightenings?

hello peeps, firstly thank you to limpets and emzy for updating the thread. im still in hospital atm, using the stupid tv internet thingie to post this. baby is doing ok, as he had no oxygen for a while, his liver and kidneys shut down for a while, but seem to be picking up. we will both be in hosp till friday at the earliest. apgar was 1,4,7, so was touch and go for a while. unfortunately the whole labour thing wasnt as textbook as i hoped, but atleast i got to try everything! normal labour, induced conractions, gas and air, pethadin, epidural, vontousse, forceps and c-section...... blimey!

hopefully Jayden will be out of nicu by tomorrow, and by my bed in a cot..... so in love with him, nothing quite like watching OH and baby have a cuddle together

congrats to all the new mummies, i'll update properly when i get home.

Wow Carley, you could give a written review on the different forms of pain relief! I hope Jayden will be out tomorrow xxx

Saw the consultant today, I'm only 1cm and not fully effaced yet so it looks like I still have a while to wait. She did try a sweep and other than quite a lot of bleeding, nothing yet. Oh and I really hurt my back getting off the examination table - I could have done without that!

Have a section date scheduled for Oct 8th - here's hoping I don't need it. Going in on Oct 6th for an attempt to break my waters and get me going, would rather avoid intervention, but having to have another section would be worse.

So back to the waiting game...

1cm sounds promising hun, I'm sure you can avoid the section since it's still quite a while away :)

just had a thought

Is there a special title for the last of the Sep stars ?
because im sooooooooo going to aim for that title... might make the waiting more bearable..lol

I'm rubbish at thinking of special titles lol (I'll leave that to someone else) but I do think that the last star should be given special recognition! :flower:

I'm getting lots of period cramps and tightenings tonight - hoping thsi is a good sign, but I know it could be nothing at all too!

Oooh definately a good sign!! FX'd :)

Well I am back from the hospital, with my beautiful daughter, Rosie, she was a pretty difficult birth, and that was a shock for my 5th, i thought it would be a breeze, I was very wrong!
Anyway will post a proper birth story soon, the result is a pretty sore throat from gas and air, some stitches because i tore a big vein that would bleed so needed stitching back together, a sore pee tube from having my bladder artifically emptied twice, tube up, back, then up and back again, I was not happy!!
Rosie is beautiful, and very placid, she was on the boob within 10 mins of birth and it seems all the worries the 20 week scan threw up were as the consultant said nothing to worry about and she is perfect.
Had my first pee not in a shower a major acheivement!! Food tastes better already, and i feel a bit delicate but very happy!
Will post pics asap but just shattered right now,

Huge :hugs: to those waiting, not long now :hugs::hugs:

Good to hear from you BTP :hugs: looks like you've beaten me to it :thumbup: can't wait to see Rosie! Sorry to hear about your painful labour experience! Ouch! :hugs: xx

Aw lovely to hear from you BTP! Congrats on the birth of Rosie, even though it was worse than you had thought it would be. Brilliant to see you back, hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. :hugs: xx

Congrats to all the new mummies, I hope you are all doing well.xx

Labour vibes to all those still waiting, any moment now!:thumbup:

My breasts are engorged today, ouch!!!!!! It's hard latching Sophia on but we are managing it and she is feeding well, I look forward to my boobs settling down. I know the drill though, we'll be ok in a week or so lol!

I've been looking at my hospital labour notes....apparently my labour was 1hour 8mins, the 1hour 34mins was from waters breaking. Apparently they only consider labour to be from 3cm to placenta being delivered. Sheesh I was quick but just as well to be honest I couldn't have taken any longer of contraction on top of contraction. I'm such a big wimp lol!

Loving my little miss, she's so yummy, she's learnt how to cry today lol and I thought I had a super quiet one lol!

Just flying in, my time on here is so limited at the moment,. blooming visitors driving me mad in between school runs and a toddler to look after...oh and mw visits etcetc. I'm looking forward to everything quietening down.

Sorry for the me post, on a stoopid dongle (damn bt) so loading pages and pics etc is a nightmare. xxx

Hi ladies! Sorry I have missed so much. Just popping in to let you all know that our wonderful bundle of joy was born Sept 23rd at 3:39am. He weighed 6 lbs and 9 oz and was 18 in long. We didn't get to come home until late Saturday and have been trying to get settled.
Good luck to all you ladies still waiting and labor dust sent to you!
Congrats to all the other new mommies!

Hi ladies! Sorry I have missed so much. Just popping in to let you all know that our wonderful bundle of joy was born Sept 23rd at 3:39am. He weighed 6 lbs and 9 oz and was 18 in long.

Congrats once again Nursekel, he's so cute xx

Well I am back from the hospital, with my beautiful daughter, Rosie, she was a pretty difficult birth, and that was a shock for my 5th, i thought it would be a breeze, I was very wrong!

Congratulations BTP on Rosie, sorry you have had such a rough time, look forward to some beautiful photos xx

Nothing to report for me tonight..... no tightenings no pains nothing. Have managed to finish my jigsaw tonight so fx'd my sweep tomorrow does its job otherwise I will be searching for things to do.

Night all xx

Jelly, I hope things get rolling with you. I had my sweep at my appt on Wednesday at 2pm and went in labor at 1 am Thursday morning so I will be praying it works for you as well. Fingers crossed!

Hey ladies, finally I made it on here on my own accord woohoo! I thought I'd strike whilst thebiron was hot. Just fed & changed Princess Poopy bum & now having cuddles before i put her back down to sleep.
I haven't a chance in hell of catching up - sorry!!!
Well I think were finally settling in at home, we struggled with breastfeeding for a while (& it's still not the easiest of tasks) but we are perserveering & determined to BF.
Amelia was weighed today & has no initial loss but put 1oz on, a sure sign she's feeding better than I thought :)
I'm still in absolute awe of her, I loose hours just cuddling, gazing & stroking her!
I'll post my labour story next week when I'll have time to come online & no distractions & I'm home alone with her.
As for now I can feel my eyelids dropping so I'm off to swaddled Amelia & get both of us cack to sleep. Night night ladies xxx

Good Morning,

Just popping in to see if we have any more babies or any labour news, sending everyone hugs and dust,
Feel a bit strange as i go and make my way to parenting thread!

Take care xxxx:hugs::dust:

Congrats nursekel, glad the sweep worked for you :)

No news from me I'm afraid. Looks like I'll be making it to my induction appointment on thursday morning :(

Somebody please have a baby today! xx

Congratulations btp on the birth of Rosie :flower:, sorry to hear that you had a hard time :hugs:

Congratulations NurseKel :flower:

fx for your sweep Jellycat

Snoozie,
hope things quite down soon for ya, sounds like you have your hands full

congrats nursekel :happydance:
btp sorry you had a rough time, congrats on your little girl :happydance:

no news here - I had BH and period cramps all day yesterday, and I was getting them until about 4am, but they've totally gone now.
It's my due date today - mixed emotions about that one!

Congratulations on reaching your due date MrsN, I can't get over the fact that it's the 28th already! Eeek!
I would go find our post baby thread but easier said than done using the iPod :-S maybe when I get online properly next week!
Labour dust to all the remaining ladies xxx

Happy Due date Mrs N !!

Just a quickie from me, went to see MW and had my sweep (my cervix is 1 cm dilated and down but still quite thick) It wasn't as bad as I thiought it would be.

MW has concerns because I've got protein in my urine and my blood pressure has gone up again. I also said how my movements have changed. Shes booked me into the hospital I'm just waiting to hear back from them about when to go in, so i'm just waiting for the phone to ring.

Can noone mention anything in FB as my mum only will worry otherwise xx

Happy Due date Mrs N !!

Just a quickie from me, went to see MW and had my sweep (my cervix is 1 cm dilated and down but still quite thick) It wasn't as bad as I thiought it would be.

MW has concerns because I've got protein in my urine and my blood pressure has gone up again. I also said how my movements have changed. Shes booked me into the hospital I'm just waiting to hear back from them about when to go in, so i'm just waiting for the phone to ring.

Can noone mention anything in FB as my mum only will worry otherwise xx

:hugs: Hope everything goes well, do you reckon they'll induce you at the hospital? xx

Sorry for my absence - I've been having a hard time breastfeeding and have been spending most of my time feeding or crying. I thought Scarlett was feeding better since we left hospital but the MW came yesterday and she hasn't gained for a few days (she hadn't lost either) MW wasn't overly concerned as she said she was a good weight to start with and babies that have had jaundice can be slow to gain. But, I'm worried about it! I need to express more but with visitors and feeling so tired etc I'm finding it hard to find the time.

Carley - glad to hear Jayden is doing well and will be beside your bed soon :hugs:

Nurse Kel - Congratulations hun xxxxx

BTP - sorry to hear you had a rough time during labour. Congratulations on the birth of Rosie xxxxx

Keep us updated Jellycat :hugs:

well I just had the crappiest mw appointment - baby has moved from 3/5ths to completely free, and has rotated back round to the right. I'm so upset, I thought things were moving in the right direction but apparently not at all :hissy: looks like I'm going to be here until the bitter end

Just wanted to say it took a day of niggles be labour was recognisable, i had just aches, but nothing painful til about 8 hours after the random niggles.

Mixedmama, hope you are ok, still a few days for baby to beat induction!

Jellycat, glad things went ok xx

:hugs:

Sorry for my absence - I've been having a hard time breastfeeding and have been spending most of my time feeding or crying.

:hugs: Sorry to hear that hun, BFing can be a struggle at first but I'm sure it will get easier for you in time xx

well I just had the crappiest mw appointment - baby has moved from 3/5ths to completely free, and has rotated back round to the right. I'm so upset, I thought things were moving in the right direction but apparently not at all :hissy: looks like I'm going to be here until the bitter end

Aww what a naughty bubs! Hopefully your LO will engage again soon xx :hugs:

Just wanted to say it took a day of niggles be labour was recognisable, i had just aches, but nothing painful til about 8 hours after the random niggles.

Mixedmama, hope you are ok, still a few days for baby to beat induction!

That's given me a bit of hope :) I've still got today and tomorrow left. I've just eaten a whole pineapple and went up & down the stairs 40 times :wacko:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->