****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Just to let everyone know MixedMama is at hospital waiting for her first prostin gel, she doesn't think contractions will start until later on today.

Cafferine - Reuben is very handsome you must be very proud xx

Hi everyone, sorry its taken me so long to update but thanks to lady kara for letting you all know i had my gorgeous boy.

As some of you will probably remember i had a ecv as my baby was transverse/breech and had a unstable lie. well when i woke up on sunday morning i knew he was no longer head down and had moved back to being transverse so i rang the hospital and they told me to go in and take my bags (i was 39+4). When we got there we went up to the ward and was checked and they confirmed baby was transverse. The registrar said that they would be keeping me in and the next morning the consultant would be coming to either induce me or break my waters depending on what was going on down there and they woiuld turn him back round once i was in labour.

So i had a long wait in hospital that day and DH stayed with me until around 9pm i didnt sleep much that night it was so hot and i couldnt get comfy.

So the next morning (Monday 27th) my DH comes back and i've been moved into a labour room ready to see the consultant and he couldnt break my waters because my cervix was long and he said it wouldnt do anything so he gave me a pessary and said it probably wouldnt do much so he would check in 6 hours and decide how to go from there. By this point baby had turned head down again but wasnt engaged.

So we tried to amuse ourselves for 6 hours and finally 4pm came and i was checked again and i was 2 cms so because he was head down they gave me another pessary. The pains got worse very quickly and i was given codeine. i had something to eat and then had a bath by the time i got out the bath i needed something more for the pain so this was 6.30pm and they examined me again and i was 4cms so they gave me pethidine. I was having contraction on top of contraction and the pethidine was doing nothing so i had a tiny bit of gas and air but i didnt like it so decided not to have it and just suffer and breathe through them instead. There was a midwife hovering around and she asked me if i felt like i needed to push i said yes so she checked me (this was 7pm) and she said i was 9cms and told me to push on the next contraction and she would see if she could force it open to 10cms so i did and my waters broke all over her! 9 minutes later he was born. My labour was recorded as being 38 minutes long and 3rd stage was 6 minutes. So Tyler Jack arrived 27/09/10 2 days early weighing 7lbs 3.5ozs 53cms long. He had to be seen by the peadatrician because he went all floppy and grey so i didnt get to do skin to skin straight away but thankfully hes ok!

I had to quickly ring my sister and get her to bring my son up to meet him coz visiting finished at 8pm lol he got there when he was just 20 minutes old and they are so good together Jayden watches him all the time and keeps stroking his head lol.

I started off breastfeeding him and he was latching ok but not really getting much out so i've moved him onto bottles and he is doing much better now. My boobs are so full and sore now though i could hardly sleep last night cant wait for them to go back to normal lol.

Sorry havent got any pictures on the computer yet but will update when i do!

Thanks for all the lovely messages on here and on facebook.

Congrats new mummies and here's lots of :dust: for the last remaining mummies in waiting!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Come on babies, you can come out now... it's your last chance to be born in September!

xx

congrats cafferine!

jellycat thanks for the update on mixedmama, hope to hear she's in labour soon!

boony wow it all happened faast for you once it got going didn't it!

boony wow it all happened faast for you once it got going didn't it!

Yea it did even the midwives were surprised. By the time she'd pushed the button for help and they'd arrived so had my gorgeous boy. Only downside is is that i had the pethidine less than an hour before he arrived so hes been really groggy and not feeding well but hes getting much better now.

Well after saying about him being bottle fed and my boobs being so engorged and painful i decided to try to get him to latch and relieve me a little and although he wouldnt latch properly i did express 60mls for him and hes taken 45 of that which is more than hes taking of the formula at the minute and he keeps throwing the formula back up but he never did with the expressed breastmilk.

I have the midwife coming later so i'm going to ask her advise it would be good if he could latch on again but then i like the idea of knowing how much he is getting too because my eldest ended up in a&e because he wasnt getting enough and i didnt know so i dont know what to do now any ideas anyone?

Boony , fantastic Birth - Congragulations !! Sorry no idea on the feeding front let us know what the HV suggests and Good luck. Hopefully us lagger behinders will be in the parenting thread soon !!

Anyone heard from Lady K today ?

Hello..can I ask for the front page to be updated with by little ones details? On 21st September (3 days overdue) my gorgeous little boy arrived, William David. We are over the moon and I am still suprised that I managed on just gas and air, with one shot of pethadine..I was all for an epidural but the little one moved along too quickly!!

I wish all of the September stars still waiting for their little ones the best of luck, and that they arrive safely and soon!!

Congratulations to all of the new mummies :wohoo::wohoo:

:dust: to all the september ladies who are still waiting for there :baby:

hey guys, yep still pregnant and no signs.. !!! although i am sure i had cramping this morning but seemed to have gone when i got out of bed.. gutted !!!!

congrats to all the new mummies..... lucky girls !!!

good luck to mixedmama... x

boony wow !!! 38 mins !!!! think that must be the quickest i have ever heard of... amazing.. congrats honey..xx

Jellycat and mrs-N --- is it just us now?

I can't really offer much advice boony as a first timer, but I would say if you can breastfeed then that's great! How about trying combination feeding so you have a better idea of what he's taking? Or get some advice about signs to look out for that indicate if he's getting enough?

Been bouncing on that damn birthing ball all afternoon and not even a single BH! Urgh, I feel like all I do these days is moan that I'm fed up & want to meet baby!

Just popping in to say hello, :hugs: and not long now to those waiting, and smooth labours to those started!

I have written a birth story in the birth stories section if anyone interested with a few pics, tried to download more but couldn't.
Tbh the story is a bit thin of info as it was fuzzy and weird after enough injections of something or puffs of gas and air!!
Not sure its great waiting for labour reading, but better to remember every one is different!
Its not that bad, just i was expecting much easier/shorter for my 5th!!

My little cutie is worth it!

Will be back and forth to keep an eye on here, and see you all in the parenting bit very soon xxxx:hugs:

hey, my baby girl came a week late on the 18th sep, born @ 7.20am weighing 7pounds 1 oz :happydance:

hope to write my birth story when i get some time.

introducing my daughter Shayah; :cloud9:

finally finished paiges fairyjar... i told her if she comes out she can keep her... bribing doesnt seem to work !!!!

i doubt ill be able to sculpt as much when she does arrive...

https://www.kasa.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fantasyjars/Html/fairy20109.jpg

hey, my baby girl came a week late on the 18th sep, born @ 7.20am weighing 7pounds 1 oz :happydance:

congrats honey.... cant wait to see the photos xx

Youngmummy18 pops in every now and but I think that's it now once MixedMama has her LO soon...... I can't believe its the last day of September and we are still here.

Did you take anything for your cold or did it leave on its own, Im all snotty and sneezey today and really dont want it to get any worse .... any ideas?

Youngmummy18 pops in every now and but I think that's it now once MixedMama has her LO soon...... I can't believe its the last day of September and we are still here.

Did you take anything for your cold or did it leave on its own, Im all snotty and sneezey today and really dont want it to get any worse .... any ideas?

we will have Oct babies for sure.... one of the girls from Oct group has her baby already , i was only talking to her yesterday and then 5 hours later she had the baby !!!

i was told there isnt much i can take apart from vit C and gurgle salt water for my sore throat but it states on the vit C bottle not to take if your pregnant. but i never take anything when im ill anyway.. .. i was wondering how safe it is to allow new born babies near people who have this cold...

Congratulations look forward to hearing all about it !!

Been bouncing on that damn birthing ball all afternoon and not even a single BH! Urgh, I feel like all I do these days is moan that I'm fed up & want to meet baby!

That sounds like me yesterday bounce bounce all it did was give me bum ache :haha:
finally finished paiges fairyjar...

I love all your fairyjars they are so cute xxx

BTP - I'll take a look at your story now xx

we will have Oct babies for sure.... one of the girls from Oct group has her baby already , i was only talking to her yesterday and then 5 hours later she had the baby !!!

i was told there isnt much i can take apart from vit C and gurgle salt water for my sore throat but it states on the vit C bottle not to take if your pregnant. but i never take anything when im ill anyway.. .. i was wondering how safe it is to allow new born babies near people who have this cold...

All these queue jumpers ! I thought you'd left us behind earlier when you hadnt been on all day......

I know cold sores are definatly a no no but with colds surely people wouldn't come round if they felt ill, would they? Not much I can do if I have a cold and LO coimes along. I just remember how it knocked me out last time for about 2 weeks I cant be like that now knowing I have some heavy work ahead of me .... If only DH could push the baby out?

Had terrible heartburn today... right i'll stop moaning now

Hi Ladies

Congrats for the new arrivals.

I'm still here too :-( No more progress since my show yesterday, was really hoping this meant things were beginning to happen, but no such luck. Just trying to pass the days (3 over and counting...) and to stay comfy.

Looks like I will be another star turning into a bumpkin at midnight :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->