****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Good Morning Girlies,

Limpets, lovely pics, beautiful baby girl and you are looking fab, how do you do it, I have been looking pasty faced and bloated since the birth!!:hugs:

Ladyk, poor love, wont be long now!

Asher, I know what you are saying, it all goes too fast, newborns are just teeny for such a short length of time, my eldest is 16 now and i remember cradling him in my arms, he towers above me now!!
When Rosie was born i was just saying, i loved her, again and again, I had waited so long to meet her, and she was just perfect, all slimy, grey and wriggly but just perfect!! That moment is the most amazing, a mix of elation and all the pain! I am so blessed to have done it 5 times! :cloud9:

Anyway my gorgeous little bundle is asleep right now, I have to call the photographer as they didn't show last night and i want her pics done, I have done dh and dd breakfast, so after a kitchen clean i can get dressed! I got too used to these daytime naps while waiting for Rosie!
Dh has started doing the school run which is really nice, but then saves taking our tiny daughter out in the pram.

Back later to check out these bh ladyk, they must be doing something!! :hugs::hugs:

Morning Ladies,

Todays the Day so come on LO's we are all waiting patiently now, Happy Labouring Mrs N and Lady K..... I'm feeling very optimistic today

Well 12 days over for me , rang MW this morning as my left foot has swelled and didnt go down over night. Shes booked to see me this afternoon so i'm hoping she might give me a quick sweep whilst im there (fx'd)

Well friend from Antenatal who was die a week after me had her baby girl yesterday, I'm really happy for her. She took Castor Oil to bring labour on...... she told me I should try it but it just doesnt appeal to me regardless i'm 12 days over due.

Come on babies! Hope you are all ok and hanging in there. I agree with the others, I am also slightly jealous that you get to meet your babies and mine is 7 weeks old already!! It really is the best feeling ever meeting your baby for the first time. I can't even begin to describe it and I can't wait to do it again!

:dust: for you all xx

Well im still pregnant, i have been getting contractions but its not regular and not enough to keep me awake all night.. i am VERY sore down there and i have been getting a bloody show which is ALOT !!.. looks like ill be induced tomorrow which means my birth plan goes out of the window !!! MW yesterday said i would be perfect for a A.R.M and said they may allow me in the midwife led unit if it works...but she also said they can be really funny about allowing that over there.. but does the contraction i am having mean im in labor enough to stay on the midwife led unit or will i need to be induced still ?? i never got around to ask any of these questions as i just didnt think i would need to ask !!

I didnt get a choice in days to be induced they just booked me in for tomorrow so i have 24 hours. I think i find it harder because my labor was easy with Jake, 3 days over, waters broke during the night, contraction and 3 hours later he was out.. so why is it sooooooooooo different now...:cry:

On a good note my swing arrived this morning and its all set up and ready and my hubby is now off work till the 13th of Nov.:happydance:

Mrs N-good luck honey.. what time is your sweep?

Jellycat-hope you get another sweep

youngmummy18- congrats honey, she is adorable.. thanks for posting the photos xxx

So is there just the three of us left? god they are all really holding on for dear life arnt they... and who would think both me and jelly due on the same going over this much !!!

aw ladyK, I thought you might be off having your baby by now :hugs:
you may just need the gel or rupture of membranes to get things progressing a bit more, rather than full induction with the drip, and you still have all afternoon, evening and night to go yourself.

I had my sweep at 12:40 - it was fine, uncomfortable but not painful. cervix was very favourable - 2cm dilated, soft & anterior, and baby is nicely down low. Had lots of bloody show since and lots of cramping. Feeling much more positive now!
I can have another sweep on thursday if this one doesn't work, and then I'm booked for induction on Sunday if needed, but the midwife said she'd be surprised if I got to that and that if I did it would likely just be gel or rupture of membranes which would mean I could still have my water birth! :thumbup:

I didnt get a choice in days to be induced they just booked me in for tomorrow so i have 24 hours. I think i find it harder because my labor was easy with Jake, 3 days over, waters broke during the night, contraction and 3 hours later he was out.. so why is it sooooooooooo different now...:cry:
!

Rosie was the same, my previous was waters broke in night and labour spontanious and 5 hours she was out, and on time too! Rosie was 8 days late, and labour didn't progress, had lots of intervention poking about and trying to break waters that had already gone, my cervix wouldn't thin, when it had done 4 times previously! How very odd how different it can be.:shrug:

Not long now for you, very exited for you and your dh, such lovely things ahead!
:hugs::hugs:

LadyK, I was due to be induced on the 6th September but started having contractions at 3am on the morning of the 6th (my waters had gone on the 5th hence the induction!) I was unsure what would happen seeing as I was having contractions ... but they checked me when I went in and I was 3-4cm so they let me go to the midwife led unit to labour naturally... so if you tell them that you've been having the contractions, hopefully if there is progress then they'll let you have the birth you want without being induced :)

I just got back from the hospital because when I phoned about chances of being allowed to have water birth if I just have waters broken they said to come in for another sweep. I'm 4 cm dialated and a bishops score of 10.. Won't need drugs to induce just waters broken but their policy is once u start in the delivery suit u can't go to the midwife led unit... No matter how close u are unless U get to the hospital in established labor. !!! I'm so close. She did say that baby is back to back which could be why labor has not started so I'm having to lean forward. She also suggested a glass of wine and swollowing seamen... Think I'll need one to do the other !!!! She said she can feel the scull plate on babies head ....got 12 hours before I'm induced.. X

Great News Lady K lets hope that does the trick ! Now where's that glass of semen sorry wine, I know I put it down somewhere?

Hope it kicks off for you this evening xx

Went to MW and she gave me my 2nd sweep I'm now 2cm dilated easily and have thinned out more, had a BH whilst she was doing it. She says hopefully that should get things going for me before Thursday Fx'd

Oh girls, you are both so close! I've got everything crossed for all of you.

so the three of us are getting so close !!!! great news about the second sweep honey....

my sister has been saying stuff on fb about me going into labor.. i could have killed her !!! i havnt told many people im being induced.. i just would rather people wouldnt know but knowing my big mouth sister everyone will know by the end of tonight... i keep posting every day or people start texing and calling.......

feeling better about tomorrow now... might be the glass of wine which helped..lol

my sister has been saying stuff on fb about me going into labor.. i could have killed her !!! i havnt told many people im being induced.. i just would rather people wouldnt know but knowing my big mouth sister everyone will know by the end of tonight... i keep posting every day or people start texing and calling.......

I've just had the same issue... didnt want to tell mum I was in labour or anyone which is what I thought DH and I agreed. Found out he's told his mates and mum my induction date ..... apparently its completly different to being in labour :dohh::dohh: I've now had to tell mum as it wouldn't of been right others knowing and not her.

I just got back from the hospital because when I phoned about chances of being allowed to have water birth if I just have waters broken they said to come in for another sweep. I'm 4 cm dialated and a bishops score of 10.. Won't need drugs to induce just waters broken but their policy is once u start in the delivery suit u can't go to the midwife led unit... No matter how close u are unless U get to the hospital in established labor. !!! I'm so close. She did say that baby is back to back which could be why labor has not started so I'm having to lean forward. She also suggested a glass of wine and swollowing seamen... Think I'll need one to do the other !!!! She said she can feel the scull plate on babies head ....got 12 hours before I'm induced.. X

Has this woman been paid by your dh?! Is she mad!!

Good luck, :hugs:xx

Argh good stuff ladies! Things are moving! Go Kara being 4cm dilated, that's fab news! Oh how exciting!! xx

Good luck ladies it sounds like things are moving for you x

Hello again ladies! I bring good news! Emma (jellycat) just text me and said her waters broke about 45 minutes ago and she's having contractions! She's off to hospital!
So although my phone will be on silent, it's by the bed and i'll be up very soon anyway! So i'll be sure to post an update as and when I get one! How exciting! Xx

Well im still pregnant, i have been getting contractions but its not regular and not enough to keep me awake all night.. i am VERY sore down there and i have been getting a bloody show which is ALOT !!.. looks like ill be induced tomorrow which means my birth plan goes out of the window !!! MW yesterday said i would be perfect for a A.R.M and said they may allow me in the midwife led unit if it works...but she also said they can be really funny about allowing that over there.. but does the contraction i am having mean im in labor enough to stay on the midwife led unit or will i need to be induced still ?? i never got around to ask any of these questions as i just didnt think i would need to ask !!

On a good note my swing arrived this morning and its all set up and ready and my hubby is now off work till the 13th of Nov.:happydance:

Mrs N-good luck honey.. what time is your sweep?

Jellycat-hope you get another sweep

youngmummy18- congrats honey, she is adorable.. thanks for posting the photos xxx

So is there just the three of us left? god they are all really holding on for dear life arnt they... and who would think both me and jelly due on the same going over this much !!!

Good luck hun...i started with contractions the morning of my induction so they told me to go back at 5pm...went back was 3cm so they brok my waters, 1hr later i was 10cm!!! You may want to have a wine/seaman cocktail (no pun intended lol) xx

Great News Lady K lets hope that does the trick ! Now where's that glass of semen sorry wine, I know I put it down somewhere?

Hope it kicks off for you this evening xx

Went to MW and she gave me my 2nd sweep I'm now 2cm dilated easily and have thinned out more, had a BH whilst she was doing it. She says hopefully that should get things going for me before Thursday Fx'd
Hello again ladies! I bring good news! Emma (jellycat) just text me and said her waters broke about 45 minutes ago and she's having contractions! She's off to hospital!
So although my phone will be on silent, it's by the bed and i'll be up very soon anyway! So i'll be sure to post an update as and when I get one! How exciting! Xx

Good luck Jelly xxx

Good Luck Jelly ! xx

And :dust: to the very last few of you left. It wont be long now until your babies are here. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->