****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

aww , i should be at southern but im still registered at barrhead doctors :haha: thats where we bought the house so no point changing now lol, are u in the south side? x

Drea best of luck to your man with his interviews! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed!

MrsJ08 woohoo! I bet it feels loads more real now!
Emzy WOOHOO to maternity leave! I really can't wait for mine! Even though I don't 'officially' start maternity leave until the 1st September, the summer holidays start 2 weeks on Wednesday and that's it for me! Only 12 'get up's' to go!!!!! Woohoo! (and then we have 47 sleeps with my stepchildren..... funny how it will only be 46 sleeps till baby due hee hee!)

:o

46 sleeps isn't a lot..... why did that scare me so much suddenly!!?

Argh... does anyone else keep getting a bit of baby lodged somewhere around the ribs?!

im the same as you Louise my official mat leave starts in sept 1st but term finishes week friday so only have to work until then.

Had midwife today everything seemed fine, they did my bloods got to wait for glucose results but the dr and midwife are both expecting to find diabeties, not sure what to make of this yet.

:yipee: to all of you finishing soon!! Thats awesome!!

Thanks guys:)

Yeah Apaton Im like 5 mins from southern, the estate at the big roundabout next to southern. South sider:) Crookston b4 then.xx

I am also excited about experiencing child birth, then i have a sudden rush of what if something goes horribley wrong :(

Yes Louise something wedged in my ribs as i type!! I always end up sleeping on my back...well waking up on my back! Midwife told me it was because if baby is laying on my nerve/vein it could make me dizzy when i get up...what was everyone else told??

Phoned my docs earlier for my blood results cos i came over all funny at work had the shakes really bad, told blood count was abnormal but it said no action :S So then i asked for a prescription for peptac and was told i had to go in and ask for one then collect it the next day...they close at 6 i work til 5:45 and don't drive, best part is i have phoned up twice before and got the prescription made up over the phone!!! Grrrrrr!!

xx

Yup, laying on your back means your now pretty heavy uterus compresses the major blood vessels behind it - this can make you feel dizzy, and reduces the flow of fresh oxygen so it's best to avoid it.
I have a little wedge shaped cushion that I put behind me when I sleep because I was also waking up on my back - seems to be doing the trick!

Sometimes I also have something stuck under my ribs, and I can't decided which is better - that or baby kicking kicking kicking my bladder!

Yup, laying on your back means your now pretty heavy uterus compresses the major blood vessels behind it - this can make you feel dizzy, and reduces the flow of fresh oxygen so it's best to avoid it.
I have a little wedge shaped cushion that I put behind me when I sleep because I was also waking up on my back - seems to be doing the trick!

Sometimes I also have something stuck under my ribs, and I can't decided which is better - that or baby kicking kicking kicking my bladder!

Oooh i know my LO push outwards and as he does sweeps across my tummy and it goes through me...stops me in my tracks sometimes lol! x

lilbumpblue thats shit :nope:

I always seem to lie on my back...i try not to but cant help it :lol: i dont feel dizzy or anything...i blame :baby: for being in a bad position.

I just cannot wait to give birth in my pool and have DH and me hold :baby: for the first time and introduce Tabs to her brother or sister as i know she is going to be the best big sister ever :cry:

Mrs N I also use the Cheese wedge to sleep with and found it great from stopping me roll onto my back

Louise I'm finding the whole labour thing quite funny .... at the moment, nothing we can do about it now ! Really finding my hypnobirthing relaxation CD great at the moment, even if it doesnt help during labour its helping me to relax now.

Went to have our first antenatal class this morning... midwife cancelled due to short staffed, not sure if they will replace the missed class. DH and I were so disappointed :-(

Moved my maternity leave forward today... start my holiday as of 20th August and Maternity as of 12th September, 6 weeks and 3 days left at work cant wait

Apaton, Drea and Emma, Glasgow meets you will have to go to :yipee: There are quite a lot of us close by :)

Morning!!

Just had a massive catch up on here!!

Amy, so glad you liked the flowers xx

Drea, good luck to your hubby xx

Louise I am excited about the labour, I want a waterbirth!!

Well just about to tackle another pile of ironing after catching up with BB!! It was so nice to have the bed to myself last night, even tho my puppy had me up at 3.45 to go to the loo, then I couldn't get back to sleep for ages!!!

I find I lay on my back, then she goes mad so I move positions!!

Morning girls, not in work today yet again, struggling a bit! I'm exhausted and there was no way I could do the 2 hours of driving never mind full day teaching!

blob ill take juniour to the meets :thumbup:

louise sorry your feeling rubbish but yay on second last box :wohoo:

becs my baby doesnt like me on my back :haha:

ive got a breastfeeding class today , in two minds wether to go :wacko: any1 went and found it usefull? x

Louise I think it's the weather, I am worn out today too!

OMG Becs i LOVED having the bed to myself :rofl: It was SO SO SO nice!!!

I missed my BF class last time but it might be useful...TBH unless you're really lucky you will need all the help you can get :nope: So i would go...i hope that cos i've done it once it will be easier this time but i think thats naive :(

I will be going to my breastfeeding class, it's much more complex than it looks!

A very early morning to you all.
It's 3:20 am and I am up AGAIN.
This insomnia absolutely sucks. I am so tired and I just can't get to sleep.
I lay in bed for an hour, trying desperately to relax and sleep, but I can't.
It sounds like I'm not the only one?

I am not taking mat leave until the last possible second: Sept.17 for my Sept.21 due date. I will be pretty crotchety and tired by then, but easier to be at work than at home trying to chase my toddler when I'm the size of a whale.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->