****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Hi you chatty lot, that's 8 pages since yesterday evening I've had to catch up on :rofl:

Happy Birthday F&C!

Bekks - fingers crossed for you later, I'll check back and see how you got on.

I've been to see the MW today and I'm feeling much better :happydance: I've got an appointment to see the Consultant MW on the 2nd August and I might be able to go into the Birthing Centre if she gives me the go ahead :yipee: I was originally told I couldn't because of my BMI and being Consultant led. As I've got no complications and I passed my GTT test they will re-consider. I just wondered if any other first timer's were planning a natural birth and ruling out Epidural?? If I go into the Birthing Centre I will only be allowed to have Gas&Air as it is MW led.

x

I am planning on a natural birth and really want a water birth, so only allowed gas and air!! I am so hoping that good labours run in the family, my Mum and sister both had natural labours and my sister only had gas and air with one of hers!! So fingers crossed I will be the same!!

Hi Ladies,
I don't know why i haven't had any emails for conversations on this thread.......i was starting to wonder if you had all fallen off the face of the earth :haha:
Hope everyone is ok?
I had a lovely weekend, crop (to do with scrapbooking) all day saturday & my friends son & daughters christening on sunday followed by a bbq.
My manager came back to work this week & told me i can't wear my crocs :cry: today is the 2nd day i have come home crying with the pain in my heels from wearing normal shoes. When i saw my midwife yesterday she said if they are not supporting me i will have to go off sick (as they want me to finish work now with my oedema anyway). I have booked an appointment with my gp in the morning & i can only hope he supports this option........otherwise i have no idea what i will do.

Does anyone else's bump seem to be getting smaller? I know Tufty is fine cos i can feel the wriggling, but my overall bump just seems smaller this week, maybe baby has moved position & is not sticking out as much now :wacko:
I've washed & ironed all my baby clothes :thumbup: just got towels & nappies left to do. I know it's still early but midwife told me to pack my bag now just in case & i thought i may as well take advantage of the weather whilst it's nice.

Well, wish me luck for tomorrow & if all goes well i might be on here a little more from now on :winkwink:

Take care ladies xxx

Happy Birthday Fish and Chips, oooh a spa voucher and a yummy dinner, sounds lush, have fun :D

Had my 2nd NCT class today, it was at midday and was at the course leaders house. It was for the women only (due to the nature of conversation) and we all had to bring cake :) it was lovely and can't wait for my all-day class on saturday which is for labour.

Limpets, I can't believe your work are being so unfair, hopefully you will get sorted from your gp xx

Neither can I, you poor thing. I can't fit my feet in to anything but flip flops so don't know what I would do if my boss decides they are not suitable. Did your Manager say why you can't wear them?

Limpets, I can't believe your work are being so unfair, hopefully you will get sorted from your gp xx

Aww sometimes my boss is just a b***h. I blame it on her being 40 & just deciding she wants a baby! She put her career first (not that i blame her) but she seems to think that yoyo dieting & binge drinking on a weekend will all help.......i don't exactly think so somehow!
She's been really nice until now & suddenly gone all super cow on me, makes me feel very resentful as i have bent over backward to help her out where i can. Well......no more Mrs nice guy! I just pray my gp agrees x

MrsJ08, we are planning a natural, hospital water birth. We have been practising hypnobirthing too. You should check out the natural birthing section!

Stuff her, I really hope your gp tells you to go on maternity leave or something! She sounds like a right cowbag!

ooh limpetsmum are you are scrapbooker? me too!

good luck bekklez, hope it comes back down.

I'm hoping for a very natural birth too, I really really really don't want an epidural! If there was a midwife centre near me I'd choose to go there.

Hey F&C,
because it's against uniform policy.....& that is only cos everyone in hospitals around the UK were realising how comfy they were & a lot of people went out & bought them. I think the problem at the time was the bright colours people chose & so they completely banned them.
I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning when i got up for the pain, DH finds it hilarious that i get there quicker on my hands & knees :wacko:

Happy birthday fishy! Oooo i'd love a spa voucher and meal - hope you have a fab time!

Fx all goes well for you limpets and you get signed off!

Just incase anyone is looking for a nice summer dress, this is the one from H&M that I was telling you about - I wore it to that wedding and am wearing it to another on Saturday. It's only £15 and is lovely and cool.

Attachments

• SDC11019.jpg
    SDC11019.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SDC11020.jpg
    SDC11020.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 8
just popping on quickly not long in

happy birthday fish and chips :dance:

optical nice pics and that dress is lovley is it maternity ?

my class was very interesting glad i went now :thumbup: x

Yeah Apaton it is, although I like it so much that i'm thinking i'll put a waist clincher belt with it next summer! :)

Happy Birthday Fish & Chips. :happydance:

Hope it goes well at your appointment Bekklez. :hug:

I am wanting a natural birth definetly not wanting an epidural.

Hello all!!

We ordred our pram today!! here it is...what do you think?
This while newborn! carry cot included adjustable backrest so that she can sit more upright when she is older, if you know what I mean!

it comes with

pram
changing bag coloured as like pram
footmuff coloured as like pram
carry cot included carry handles, matress and hood
seat unit
rainfoil
large shopping basket
lengthening of the body pram
safety bail for pushchair function
integrated ventilation net at the hood

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/07.jpg

also we got a really lovely play mat/gym its called babys play place! it changes as baby grows up!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/brainlesslittleaurora/n.jpg

I just want baby to hurry up and come now!!!!

Optical, gorgeous dress, you look great!

F&C, happy birthday!!!!!!xx

LittleA, both gorgeous! It won't be long until baby is using both. :)

Firstbean, I'm not an epidural fan either, never planbned for one and never had one....but that's not for lack of begging when the pain kicks in lol. The mw laugh at me and tell me I don't really want one and after I'm always glad that I didn't lol.

Apaton,. glad your class went well. :)

Limpets, I hope they sign you off, embellish if you have to. ;)

I'm fine, baby is wriggling. Feeling sooo fat right now and I feel the need to declutter the house which is proving difficult with my pelvis issues, hohum!
Hope all mums and bumps are well.xx

Hi all :) Hope we're all well...

I'm getting a little concerned as the baby is being VERY quiet recently, I still feel movements but not as regularly as before and not for as long... I think she has moved as where I could feel her bum before seems to not have a bum there if you know what I mean! I think I'm probably overreacting, she's probably switched positions, is growing and/or having a couple of quiet days but I do feel a little worried! I think if it's the same tomorrow afternoon I might give my MW a call...

I have a breastfeeding class on the 9th August but I was told that OHs aren't allowed! I presumed there would be a woman there with her jubblies out, it didn't cross my mind that my jubblies might have to be on show?! THey are certainly not for public consumption!!!

Happy Birthday F&C :cake:

I had a natural birth last time with nothing at all FX i get that again but at home :wohoo: (turn baby turn)

Louise i doubt you will have to get your boobs out :lol: I would SO not have been doing that... though i would REALLY kick up stink and tell them how disgusting they are that OHs are not allowed thats just wrong!! Your OHs are the main reason you will keep going they are your cheerleading squad and you need them :grr: I get so annoyed at that.

Optical gorgeous dress... no way i would show my legs, mine are gross :haha: (jealous)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->