****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Louise what a nightmare, my dog has been a bit loose due to the warm weather and isn't eating alot either xx I think us army wives are made of tough stuff, we have brilliant coping skills xxx

Fishy glad you had a lovely evenng x

Bekks that hospital sounds crap!!

Just relaxing after a long day, finished the ironing!! The dog is asleep on my bed, bless him!! Watered the plants and thats all me chores done for the day!!!

Evening ladies!

Grr Bekklez hospitals can be so frustrating. I'm sure if they needed to, they would have been on to you, but this is not the time in your life when you need to be kept hanging on for goodness sake! Hope you're ok.

Fishy that sounds fab! How lovely! Glad you had a good time.

Louise your poor doggy. Dog mess is not good at the best of times, I don't blame you for crying all the way through the clean up! I nearly cried when Archie spewed the other night, and he's my baby!

Sounds like you're doing good Emzy! And nobody should make you feel bad about when you choose to finish work, more free time before baby time! Glad you enjoyed your class too.

Good news for no GD Genies Girl!

Am really enjoying chilling out in the caravan. Went down to the kids character show before and the kids loved it, now back here in my PJs with the alcy free becks! Life is good!!

Hi :flower:

Could you add me please - my little boy is due 6th September! :blue:

Thank you :) xx

Hi and welcome kelloggz... you've made me fancy some cornflakes now!!

Bekk glad everything is ok :hugs:

Limpetsmum, sucks about your feet but :yipee: no work. My circulation is awful too :nope:

Awwww F&C thats so cute :cloud9: I went out to a gorgous restaurant for my birthday too but we supply most of the good ones up here :dohh: so its really odd going as they talk like they know you :wacko:

Genie thats fab :thumbup:

Emzy people always want to work as long as possible, its only after they have the baby they realise how important the few weeks to chill and have time to yourself are :hugs:

Hey Kelloggz :wave:

Phew...was that everything :wacko:

Well my only chat for the evening is that we're nearly finished wallpapering :lol: Then just got to tile thekitchen and decorate the nursery :haha: Not to mention finishing the garden :cry:

Oooh Drazic i didn't realise you were on leave too! I definately need someone to keep me in the house & not shopping & spending lol.

Welcome Kelloggz187, we are due on the same day :thumbup:

Well i've just finishing ironing my 0-3 month baby grows & vests (don't worry i only plan to iron this first lot so they look nice lol) it felt like a mound, even DH asked how many we needed :dohh:.
I'll put them away tomorrow but at least it empties the washing basket so i can wash Tufty's towels & nappies overnight ready to hang out tomorrow :happydance:.

I looked at some pregnancy pictures of me today as i uploaded them to the pc, i thought i was looking ace & not putting too much weight on apart from my tummy.......the photo's tell a different story lol. I have a double chin & a chubby face eeeek! Seems my legs are also bigger as i can't get some of my earlier bought materntiy jeans, although some of that might be the oedema (hope so).

Well, i'm off to sort a few more nursery things out. Night night ladies, until tomorrow xxx

Hello all,
Just popping by thanks to blackberry!
My first time on internet posting with it!
Not been able to catch up as all too fiddly, just hoping everyone ok and sending some :hugs:
Was up at half 5 this morning due to poorly dd, but she refuses to take calpol so have to go to town asap to get a medicine syringe try and get some in to her!
All good on hols, so far weather good, even yesterday it was a bit dull but we managed the beach!
Sun coming out now, will have to see what we do today, I think dd is in early stages of chicken pox, she was with at least 2 xhildren that had it about 12 days ago, about right for the 14 day incubation oh the joys!
1ill be back soon to catch up, only 2 more weeks of school run for me, just can't wait 10 actual school days, feels so close now til all that lovely rest!
Was told I won't get to September I am so big, well sorry but I will, never been early, just big!

Bye til I get back, feel like a gate crasher!!

Babythinkpink xx

Babythinkpink, glad you are having a good time, I hope your DD gets better soon xx

Limpets, I love ironing baby clothes, they look so cute!!! How is Brownsie???

I have a crap nights sleep, my dog wanted to go out at about 2am so decided to play with his stuffed lion and whack me round the head with it, I got up let him out, then he wouldn't come back in!! So I waited ages!! Got back to bed around the 3am then he was up again at 4am, it was amusing, I was so tired as it was really muggy last night. I ended up crying and texting Ian. I am such a prat!! This morning I am off into town to pick up my bouncer from Boots! I have a spliting headache so I am gonna try and have a sleep this afternoon!!

limpetsmum, It's kinda enforced maternity as I was made redundant! Still, no-one will employ me this far on, so stuck really!

Bekklez, they have been the same with me sometimes, I think they are just so, so busy but that doesn't make it any easier when you are stressing I know.

F&C, Sounds like a lovely meal, glad you had a great time!

Kelloggz, hello and welcome! :)

Becs, Maybe we shouldn't go shopping on the meet, you seem like a bad influence on shopping :rofl:

I'm alright today, quiet baby this morning after a manic, manic day yesterday! Is anyone else drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea? I started yesterday and then my hypnobirthing teacher said that I shouldn't be drinking it until 34 weeks :dohh: sooooo no more tea for me until then!

I've decided I'm not bothered about the results now if they're not. They never even bothered to give me a call back. I just hope for their sakes they did check it and there wasn't anything wrong else I'll go mad. :haha:

Draz - What's Rasberry Leaf Tea do? prepare baby for labour?

Limpets, I love ironing baby clothes, they look so cute!!! How is Brownsie???
They do indeed, i have the pleasure of sorting them all into their little drawers today :cloud9: i have my top drawers for newborn stuff & the bottom ones will be 0-3 months. I'm figuring organisation is the key to enjoying my bubba once they are here, if i get sorted now i will have more time & patience to spend with them & not faff about looking for stuff lol.
I also have a line full of nappies & baby towels now :thumbup: DH going to put me one of those hanging mesh tube things up from the ceiling to put all those in so i can see what i have at a glance :winkwink:
Brownsie is fine, still occupied with the new business but i believe she has finished work at her old place now :thumbup: i'll pass on your love to her when i drop her a text x

Babythinkpink - sounds lovely, wish i were on a beach - i love the 'seaside' heehee. Our holiday is booked 4 weeks after i'm due :wacko: DH convinced we won't go but i'm determined to!

Aww Drazic what a bummer! Did you get a payout? Or are you elegible to take legal action (although i know it's faffy esp when you have other things on your mind).
Yes no rasberry leaf tea just yet eeeek, Bekklez i think it has been known to bring on labour......hhhmmmmm may go out & stock up on some for later on :blush:

Well, DH has just called requesting i make a card for his Mom's birthday tomorrow so i guess that secures my afternoon :thumbup:. I spoke to him about his parents last night as they really don't seem fussed about the little one :shrug: i know they already have 3 grandchildren from his brother so they are out of options, but it's a different son so i presumed they might have been a little more interested than they seem. He reassured me it's just how they are & not to mistake it for not caring, but i come from a very affectionate family so i don't understand the what seems like an offish attitude. They have never once asked about the baby (they do ask how i am - it's like it doesn't exsist yet or something) they haven't got it anything or even offered (not that we need anything from them but the offer would be nice) I don't even think they know when i am due :wacko:. Does anyone else have family like this?

Raspberry leaf tea helps prepare your uterus for Labour and has been linked to shorter second stages, stronger (more effective) contractions, less post birth bleeding, helps milk production and helps your uterus shrink back after birth. It truly is wonderful stuff. I have read TONNES online, and whilst it has nothing in it which can stimulate Labour, because it does tighten your uterus - IF you had existing problems it could, possibly, maybe, cause preterm Labour. That has never been proven and so many reputable sources say it is utterly fine from 32 weeks (you need to take it for a while as it needs to build up in your system) I am going to wait until 34-5 weeks now and take a higher dosage from the start.

Limpetsmum - The whole office was made redundant sadly, nothing I can do about it. It was always a part of my job that there was the possiblity of something like that happening, but after being there for 3 and a half years we didn't think it would happen. Luckily, I will still get SMP, but it's nothing like the maternity package I would have got!
Also, unhelpfully, they have decided they can't be arsed to pay my SMP on a weekly/monthly basis, but in a lump sum - which is obviously no more money but will make me not entitled to any further support :dohh:

Drazic I heard you could take it from 32 but only in small doses ie just one tablet a day and then you up the quantity each week.

Bekklez it's meant to help shorten the labour but is also known for bringing on labour.

Good to hear you're having a good time babythinkpink!

Limpetsmum, I guess it's just their way. Maybe they don't want to be 'just another interfering' couple ie they might think you prefer them to back off a bit. My in-laws are great but quite reserved about the whole thing unlike my folks who get emotional about it. x

Drazic - thanks for the raspberry tea info, quite interesting - sounds worth a go. Does it taste ok?
I'm not sure about benefits but my friend told me yesterday her S-I-L is getting £500 when she has the baby cos she's low income :shrug: worth looking into - seems the less you do for yourself in this country the more you are rewarded :growlmad:.

F&C, that is exactly what DH said, he said they know we are capable of looking after ourselves so they don't butt in, still - some sort of concern would be nice eh! My parents are going crazy with the wait - i guess i get my personality from them lol, thank goodness i have my mom to get all gaga with :haha:

Just been and picked up Hope's bouncer from Boots!! I am off into Norwich on Sunday with my Mum, so gonna tatke a trip to toys r us to get bumper etc, the ones I want have a tenner off now, they are sold out online but I called them and they have put aside what I want!! I won a lovely dress on ebay yesterday for our mess do, its a strapless black dress, calf length as its cocktail with a gold ribbon round it, gonna get some nice gold sparkly flip flops to go with it!!

Hiya....

My little girl is due on the 23rd September :)

Hope you're all okay :)

xx

Hot and bothered and really hoping this weather starts to cool down some more but all going well :)

How's everyone finding the last tri??

I can't believe it has gone so quick :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back