****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

:haha:Morning ladies......well it feels like it. After DH did his usual waking the dead getting ready for work this morning i took a cuppa & some cereals back to bed with me, fell asleep & woke at 1.10pm!!!!!! Must have been tired.
Decided to dig my doppler out as Tufty had moved very little yesterday, he's in there & pounding nicely.......must have tired himself out friday & saturday when my tummy didn't stop partying!

DH took me out for a curry saturday night mmmmmmm, i'm not even that keen on indian lol but i really really fancied one! & it was amazing! They even tubbed up the leftovers for me as i couldn't eat it all so guess what's for dinner tonight :thumbup:
Found 2 more flavours of sorbet in tesco.....raspberry & lemon to go with my asda mango one :haha:, not that i'm developing a sorbet thing at all :shrug:.

Saturday was sooooo hot here, i was feeling quite useless & pathetic :cry: felt better sunday though. Even went Yankee candle shopping (thanks ladies :growlmad:) and yes i bought some tea lights in baby powder for the nursery heehee. Whilst i was out i picked up my M-I-L's christmas presents, 2 jumpers - 1 from M&S reduced to £2.49 & one fine knit pure wool with diamante circles reduced from £49.99 to £4.99 :happydance: love a bargain! Decided to start shopping for Christmas as were gonna be on a mega tight budget this year with me on mat leave. Picked my Dad & F-I-L both Lee Cooper jumpers up the other day reduced to £4.00 :happydance:.

OOOOOOHHHHH i nearly forgot - M&S also had baby cashmere cardigans in :cloud9::cloud9: i adore cashmere & finding it in baby stuff is near impossible so i could hardly walk away without one........as we don't know what flavour were having i had to buy one in pink & one in blue :blush: the cashere found this very funny indeed :shrug:.

also i may put some bedding in with us to get it smelling of us b4 baby uses it
we are doing this with 2 blankie type soothers for Tufty - it's a good idea.

and from 34b pre preg to a whopping 40DD now - its truly INSANE
that's sooo not fair! Mine haven't grown at all :cry: i want bigger boobies :haha:

Oooh Mothercare sale!!! Yum yum yum

I got my wedding flipflops from Monsoon - adorable!

Lovely bump pictures everyone :thumbup: must get an update of mine...need one where i look a little decent though, maybe comb my hair

Yey!!!! I've just got my new wetbag and washable wipes, and 5 more cloth nappies to keep my fluff monster at bay!!! Oooo i love fluffy post
Yaaaay :happydance: i can barely wait for mine to arrive!!!!!!
I don't think you were out of order at all hun, well done for sticking to your guns under such pressure......bloody men!!!
I remember the last time we went to a wedding, i drove back & DH had managed to walk away with a half full glass of wine & was quite merrily drinking it, window down, wishing everyone we passed a good morning :haha: luckily he was only tipsy & i found it quite funny lol.

F&C, hope all goes well for you hun! I have mine on the 28th & DH has just called to say work won't let him take the time off to come with me :cry: it's an appt to see the consultant too for general check up & to re-check baby's heart development so not like your normal scan. Looks like i'll be going on my own, i just hope i don't get told i need a section or anything like that - bloody dwp :growlmad: (DH was very emotional when he told me bless him - i think the travel distance is starting to get to him now). I do wish my scan was a little earlier as we start hypnobirth classes 2 days before & what if i do need a section? Money down the drain :shrug:

I'm not sure what my DH will think if I suddenly start asking him to snog me during Labour as she suggests. Lol! Apparently it helps you relax and can accelerate dilation
Ooooh i'll have a bit of that :thumbup: (with my DH not yours hun :haha:)
Probably TMI but when i had my maternity placement i walked in on a couple, 45 mins after giving birth she was......ummmmm......tending to his needs shall we say :blush: now that was gross!!!!!!

Just read that last bit, yucky, not far of public place in hospital!!:sick: Could they really not have waited to get home!!

Have given up trying to find a chest of drawers unit in solid wood in my price range, going to have to assemble the rubbish argos one and be gentle with it! I have ordered the unit, and some of those vacume bags to try and condense my wardrobe from unworn stuff, and then a plastic unit with drawers just to chuck my junk in, and my undies in one drawer, then the whole unit can be for baby and dd, should be plenty of room for their little things!

Snogging and labour, not sure, probably more it relaxes you which must help, my dh was napping in between contractions last time, i was trying to get him to look at me in contractions so i could concentrate but he was useless so i focused on a picture hanging in the room, and the gas and air!

Dh on school run today, just hope ds has behaved himself, only 2 weeks left at school, 9 more school runs and counting down:happydance:

I am hoping for a scan tomorrow rather than an assesment, then further appointment for scan, I want to find out about the placenta, never had one in the way as yet but don't fancy a c-sec, so much recovery and how on earth i would manage not over doing it after?

Limpetsmum, well done on the bargains! Love them bargains!

Not sure about Christmas shopping, I know i will suddenly have Christmas on me without a thing bought, but i cant face it just yet, I usually buy throughout the year but now everything is on offer b4 Christmas and by Christmas eve its all vanished like it never happened! Same with Easter and eggs now, I used to love picking up huge choccy eggies for 50p after Easter but its all a thing of the past now, they pile em high and get shot of them all so by Easter you have to hope you were prepared!

I think the Chicken pox like everyone says is ok as i have had it, and baby is running off my immune.

Going out now, back later and hope to catch up better, I am rubbish at this, but then i do have a poorly toddler climbing all over me!!

Baby had hickups earlier, dd managed to feel them and was so pleased baby had hickups! so cute!

Back later xxxxxxxx:hugs:

Probably TMI but when i had my maternity placement i walked in on a couple, 45 mins after giving birth she was......ummmmm......tending to his needs shall we say :blush: now that was gross!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good Luck with your scan F&C.

Mrs J I am also struggling to walk, I feel so heavy especially in the hot weather we have been having. Feeling better today though with the rain it can stay like this until Spetember now :haha:

I have also been cleaning alot to, OH came in from work and couldnt believe how tidy the house was I had done top to bottom aswell as the ironing and washing. Dont know how long it will last though :haha:

I have just got back from my 31week check and seen a different midwife than my usual and she was lovely. She had a measure and I am still measuring bang on size which is great had a listen to the heartbeat and it was great baby never usually moves when we are in there but he was kicking and moving loads :happydance: Also she said I have +protein and white blood cells in my urine she made me do a swab and sent my urine away. Has anyone else had this? My blood pressure was a little lower than normal so wasnt high or anything.

I have got my antenatal class tomorrow ladies. It is all day at the local Children's Centre from 10-4pm. DH is dreading it and I'm nervous he's not going to take it seriously. I don't really know what to expect so I'll update you when I get back.

Can I ask whether everyone is carrying their notes? I haven't been although I did think maybe I should have taken them with me while I was away at the weekend. I phoned antenatal clinic to ask if I needed to take them or anything else with me for the class tomorrow and got told off! Apparently I should be carrying them with me everywhere???

Optical, my hubby is so supportive (not saying yours isn't) but I don't believe he would get steaming incase I needed his help. I'm also physically not able to look after him if he got plastered. That other guy sounds like a complete twit when drunk!

Teeny hope your growth scan goes well.

I ended up having a growth scan as well today. Firstly my placenta has moved so all is good on that front. They then took his measurements and apparently his head and tummy are measuring average for 37 weeks!! His legs though are spot on at 32 weeks though. They said that that was the average though and babies can be much bigger or smaller without too much concern. Having said that if we look at the very top of what he should be, he's measuring a week ahead. I asked if this means my EDD will changed and was told it wouldn't and that I will just have a big baby. Ouch.

The worst part of it was that they told me to cut back on sugar. So no more iced buns, sweeties, chocolate.. etc etc. How am I going to last 2 more months?!

On the walking side, I'm also really struggling. I guess having a 5 1/4 lb baby already probably doesn't help. I have a long walk between my office and train station each day which is getting increasingly harder.

xx

Mrs J, my notes are always in my dh's car as no doubt that will come to the hospital with us. x

heya everyone

f&c- good luck with your scan - hopefully your placenta will have moved!!

Im oficially off work as of today - have been signed off with gastroenteritis - have had an iffy tummy for a few weeks :( I then have my holidays booked and then maternity leave starts on the 26th June. I would have stayed longer, but the chairs in work are so horrible and hurt my coccyx so much! Would have had to wait 6 weeks to get one ordered so couldnt handle it anymore. So i have weeks and weeks of waiting now - will have to get motivated and wash all my LO clothes =)

Sorry for the lack of personals - everyones bumps look awesome - cant believe it wasnt that long ago we were complaining about lack of bumps!! So exciting!

Hope everyone is well!

xxx

fish and chips glad your scan went well :wohoo:
is it the sugar they think is making baby big? mabye thats my problem :blush:

first bean glad u had a good apointment :thumbup:

mrs j i dont take my note everywhere my midwife told me i didnt need them from atenatal classes :shrug:

limpetsmum you mudt have needed the sleep , i also had curry on sat it was
fab :thumbup:

babythinkpink hope you get your scan tomorrow :)

hope eevery1 is well and sorry if i missed any1 x

Yes I think so apaton. She just asked if I had a sugary diet and I did so she told me to cut back as excess sugar will make a baby grow quickly.

yeah you probably will lol, i hope mines stays in till spetember but on the other hand i want to meet him/her my mum doesnt think ill last to end of august have you started rasperry leaf tea yet? x

yeah i got them from holland and barrat there buy1 get 1 half price just now, ive had a cup a day for the last 3 days hope they make my labour easier lol, i quite like it :) x

OMG Limpetsmum :sick: :sick: That is VILE!!!!

I keep my notes in the car because i kept forgetting to take them :haha:

I would like this baby from the 8th August onwards :D I dont care when just not before.

F&C glad your scan went well :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"