****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Emma you dont normally get them... i never did with Tabs was only when i had a really bad bleed at 19 weeks that they checked to see if everything was ok. Hope everything goes well :thumbup:

:nope: babythinkpink i HATE hospitals!! :hugs:

Yaay Becs...well i just dropped DD off at her grans for a while so i can clean and do more painting :dohh:

I think I just like being busy!! Its certainly making the time go quicker!!

Yay blob and apaton, 6.5 weeks to goooo! Only 46 days according to my ticker :wacko:

Emma I hope your scan and appointment goes well :flower:

babythinkpink sorry you had a rubbish appointment and sounds like you are having a right old day! Haribos are definitely the way to go...although sorry about your tooth!!

The only cervical exam I had was when I was 'leaking' at 17 weeks and it wasn't all that bad. Was a bit like a smear test, bit uncomfy but not all that painful.

Becs yay for the cleaning! I did my house top to bottom yesterday and my pelvis is suffering for it today!

I've been to my group physio appointment this morning, which was quite good. Just gave us some advice as to exercises we can do, positions to sleep in etc, told us not to do any housework especially hoovering (yeah right!!) and gave me a tubigrip thing to wear over my tummy and hips. I've got a follow up appointment a week on friday, which is one to one where they will try and manipulate my pelvis... not sure I like the sound of that but if it helps! She went through good positions for labour as well and seemed to favour all fours so you don't spread your legs too much... I'd never really thought of giving birth like that and I don't think I'd like it all that much! I'd like baby to be put right on my chest afterwards, so I don't know how that would work! Anyway, I'm going to get myself a birthing ball for now, as it's meant to really help with pelvic pain and also to use in labour. I hope these exercises help as I am barely sleeping at night because of the pain and I'm exhausted during the day. At least now I can nap during the day if I'm tired!

Got our second antenatal class tonight which I'm looking forward to. I enjoyed the one last week!

xx

Yea its making things go faster...but OMG i love decorating HAAAATE the mess it makes :cry:

Morning girls!
I had a prenatal yesterday and am officially being sent for ultrasounds at 32 and maybe 36 weeks. Baby is LGA (Large for Gestational Age - 35 cm at just shy of 30 weeks), but (and this is why I love my clinic) no one is concerned about my ability to deliver vaginally and no interventions are planned if he is really big. they just do the ultrasounds to monitor things like fluid levels, etc - all routine stuff, I guess.
So, that's kind of nice - another chance or two to see Mr.Kicks before he makes his appearance. :)
As I mentioned before, I am so moody, short-tempered and emotional right now, it is absolutely unholy.
Nursekel - my everloving husband also deserves an award of merit for putting up with me! I am terrified that I am going to snap at someone at work or just lose it on some poor schmuck who bumps into me at the supermarket. I feel like a simmering volcano, but really weepy, too. All the emotions are really close to the surface and it feels like it doesn't take much for me to be ridiculously upset about something.
It's really embarrassing and annoying, actually.

Emzy - during my delivery, I flipped from back to front, from squat to all fours, etc, every three pushes. It worked brilliantly. You can do lots of your pushing on all fours, then flip for the final push, or even flip as soon as baby is out. Just tell them what you want and everyone is usually pretty willing to help support you into the chosen position.

Drea - such great news about your husband and the new job! :happydance:

babythinkpink - I'd be mad, too. It doesn't sound like you are getting very consistent care? I'd question that doc, as well.

Ugh, here goes the baby brain again - I had a bunch more people I wanted to reply to and have completely forgotten all of it. :dohh:

Thanks Emma. I have thought about support or flight stockings but don't fancy it much in the heat we've been having, plus I can only fit my feet in to flip flops and not sure of how good that will look with flight stockings! Hope your scan and clinic goes well.

Aww Rach and Genies Girl.. I guess we're all in this together! We must look so sexy! lol

Thanks Blob. I've been pretty good with my water consumption as I'm always blimen thirsty but am actively trying to drink more now. Yes it was me that asked that. My mw couldn't really feel where he was at my last appointment but the scan confirmed he's head down and facing inwards which is great news. I'm just hoping he stays that way!

Drea, glad the hen do went well. I was thinking of you as I would have dreaded it! Sorry about the check ups but glad all is ok. Whoo hoo for your dh getting a job!

:hi: Sarah and NurseKel!

Laura glad the scan went well.

Babythinkpink, they sound terrible there! You must have been so angry. Hope the Haribo helped... ummm... haribo... sob sob

sorry i've not been around much lately been so busy! I'm afraid i might not be around much at all for a while we have got our date through for moving house and we are moving on 2nd september I'll be 36+1 luckily we are only moving round the corner so plan to do it over 2 days and my family are coming to help too so now i have lots of packing and cleaning and diy to do to get this house ready for march out which isnt easy with a 8 month old Japanese akita puppy that keeps destroying everything!!!! I'm currently looking into buying a very large dog run for when we move so she at least cant escape out of the garden!

Drea - so pleased your DH managed to get another job.

F&C - your poor feet! I've been lucky that i havent had swollen feet in this or my last pregnancy. although my fingers have swollen a little bit and i've had to take my wedding ring off!

Ooh goodluck with the move Boony! 2nd September is my EDD so I'll say my goodlucks now! x

Its weird to think that by the time i move house some of you would've had your babies! I better get my internet swopped over quickly so i dont miss anything lol

I'd better have had mine :rofl: or i will be so angry :haha:

Sucks that this was me last time though also, that due at the end of the month and everyone kept having them :cry:

I'm freaking shattered now...i want to sit on here and chill out but i also want to sleep while i can before Tabs comes back :shrug:

Blob I was shattered too, so went back to bed for an hour! I'm loving these afternoon naps!

xx

Yea i think i'm going to sit on the sofa/sleep now :lol:

Also just decided what to get DD when :baby: arrives

Baby Annabell®
Baby Annabell® Socks
Baby Annabell® Playtime Luxury Set
Baby Annabell® Pyjama & Nappy Luxury Set
Baby Annabell® Coats & Jackets Collection
Baby Annabell® Pram
Baby Annabell® Changing Bag
Baby Annabell® Dummy with Ribbon and Clip
Baby Annabell® Electronic Swing

Too much?? :haha:

Hi ladies, apologies for not catching up - i need some advice please :flower:

Had terrible toothache come on today whilst i was driving, it literally came on in minutes & was bad enough to make me pull over. I grabbed a drink & took 2 30/500mg co-codamol, got home & an hour later the pain subsided for about 45 mins then was back again bad before. I put a warm wheat pad on my face until it eased slightly. I felt a little better after a while & needed to pop out, however whilst i was out i nearly passed out twice (felt giddy, sick & vision blurred) made it back to the car & waitied for it to settle. Since being home i still feel sick & giddy, i don't know what's wrong but i feel quite poorly & am getting a bit scared. DH on his way home - he will be about an hour (haven't told him about any of this apart from the toothache as i don't want him worrying whilst he's driving).
Do i call the hospital & get their advice? Or do you think it might just be me having an off day. Tufty seems ok, he's kicking away as we speak so no worries there - it's just me that seems to be crook.

All advice would be appreciated - i just don't know where to turn for the best :shrug:

Yea i think i'm going to sit on the sofa/sleep now :lol:

Also just decided what to get DD when :baby: arrives

Baby Annabell®
Baby Annabell® Socks
Baby Annabell® Playtime Luxury Set
Baby Annabell® Pyjama & Nappy Luxury Set
Baby Annabell® Coats & Jackets Collection
Baby Annabell® Pram
Baby Annabell® Changing Bag
Baby Annabell® Dummy with Ribbon and Clip
Baby Annabell® Electronic Swing

Too much?? :haha:

I want to get dd a load of baby A stuff to, I want to get her a pram and doll and loads of stuff so she can be like Mummy, the full size baby A's doll fits into the Asda (or prob any other) tiny baby clothes , which are much cheaper and 'real' baby clothes, you could even buy baby a set to match dolly's which would be cute! (goes tiny or early baby, newborn and 0-3 its the first that fit Annabell)
I am going to get baby A, a pram and a pack of tiny baby grows and vests so we can be Mummies together and so i can get on with changing and stuff fairly easily! Newborn nappies also fit baby A.

Just tipping you off having a 7 yr old with 2 baby A dolls! :hugs:

limpets mum :hugs: i would phone and tell them about what your feeling, better to get some advise and put ure mind at ease :hugs:

blob u can play mummies together how cute :cloud9:

i got our moving day mmoved foward to 30th july :wohoo: xx

Limpetsmum call the hospital, it maybe they can give you something to help the toothache. I got sent home today from work because I nearly passed out at the reception desk. 2 Colleagues drove me home - feeling better now i've rested... maybe your pushing yourself too much. Hope you feel better soon

Apaton congrats on the house move being moved forward

F&C - I can empathise as my feet look very similar to yours. I've found elevating my feet and a foot spray I bought in Boots has helped but like yours my MW said there really isn't much you can do.

Limpets - I think you should phone the hospital just to be on the safe side. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Drea - fantastic news about your OH's job

Babythinkpink - sorry about your stupid doctor. I'm not surprised you felt upset and needed a rant. I think that warrants at least 2 bag's of Haribo's.

I had a cervical exam a few weeks ago when they were checking my waters weren't leaking. All I can say is bloody ouch!!! My eyes watered with the pain it felt like it was being punched.

We have been to ante-natal class today - it was an all day NHS one but taught by an NCT teacher. It was great to be honest, the woman was really positive and she gave me a few tips for dealing with the Consultant Midwife when I have my appointment about the Natural Birth Centre. DH behaved himself which was a relief and I think that although he was slightly bored at times he did learn something. I also think it will make him a lot more supportive in labour and it's meant we have talked a lot about birth choices etc. I feel like we are a lot more in tune now. It did make everything seem very real and I actually felt quite emotional when we were talking about the final stages of labour.

On a sad note, just before I went into the class my Mum phoned to say that her dog died this morning :cry: It was a bit of a shock, but he was 13 so had a good innings for a Labrador. My poor Mum is going to be lost without him and it's the second dog my brother has lost in 8 months as his Husky died unexpectedly just before Christmas.

x

Hiya ladies :flower:

I have missed so much this last few days! Have just skimmed over the last 10 or so pages cos I am so tired! Sounds like everybody's been having mixed days of it!

Babythinkpink sorry you've had such a crappy time, to lose a big chunk of tooth on top of a crap appointment is just rubbish!

Limpetsmum ouch you need to get sorted sweetie, I hope you get some joy. Do you think it could be partly the painkillers sending you a bit la la? They do that to me, but worse if I take any when PG. Good luck.

F&C I love your feet pic, bless your little heart!!

I know I've missed loads, am just so tired. Plus, DH won't let me on the computer cos he's been playing about making a holiday movie which he wants to upload onto facebook in a mo...... good luck to anyone with patience, you'll need it if you see it on my FB, it'll be long!!!

There is a cracking photo of me on there sat on a rock on a beach. I look like buddha with my legs crossed and my fat belly!! :haha:

Limpets that sounds so painful, have you not got a walk in centre near you you could go to??

Mrs J thats so sad, glad you had a good ante natal xx

Asher nice to see you back xx

I have just finished ironing another pile of Hope's clothes and her cot bedding, they are so very cute!!

Hi everyone, this will be very short and sweet!
Limpets I hope you're getting it sorted, just to say I would be ringing NHS direct and asking their advice.
MrsJ Sorry about the dog, it's always horrible news and so sad :(
F&C I can't remember if I commented on your feet or not yet?! But bless you they look painful... now I've written that I think I already did... doh!
BabyTP - your doctor sounds horrid!
Forgotten everything else I'm afraid!

ALl day rehearsal with the kids in the show tomorrow... that's almost 200 kids out of a school of 400! They are all performing monkeys! Hee hee

Night all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->