****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

Hello everyone,

Really poorly today, cough kept me up most of the night, every time i went to sleep i coughed and woke myself up!
This morning i was very sick and had to stop the car on the way to school to be sick, and on the way back, then was sick when i got in.
I have been in bed this morning, and dh has looked after dd, my other dd is also off school with the same thing so not great here, plenty of germs being coughed about!
Dh is doing school run for me, so i will just be doing a bit of light tidying and that is about it!
Hope i can sleep tonight, i even took paracetamol today which is unheard of for me, but i felt so hot and poorly i thought i should.
Had chicken soup for lunch, and some custard! Just what i fancied and also if it comes back up its not too bad!

Just not got round to downloading photos including my bump pic recently, not sure when i will get round to it, when i feel a bit better! I am covered in stretchmarks from my first, i never had any more after that and they never went red again with other pregnancies, so now they are silver, but this time round i am just loving my bump, love the shape and just love it in general, i will miss my lovely bump but never understood people who said that with my others, I just seem a nicer shape this time!:shrug:

Hope everyone is ok xx

Sorry just to yuck to go through everything, just will say hello and hope you are all ok today, will catch up better when this cough has subsided! :hugs:

Sorry you're not feeling well, babythinkpink. Hope your cough eases soon!

Well done Jellycat :thumbup:

Glad you're doing better Lilia

Those ones are really good MrsJ I got THE biggest one for Tabs weighs 25kg and i have to lug that around :dohh: All because it vibrated and sung :rofl:

Babythinkpink :hugs: Hope you feel better soon.

Well i found out that i'm having a reaction to the sodding pills the hospital gave me :dohh: so thats just great.

Awww hope the poorly mummies get better soon. Being ill when pg is awful as there is so little you can take. :hugs:

I've just found out my employer will not be paying my childcare vouchers once I'm on SMP. Been checking the government info and that suggests they can't deduct these from my SMP - so I think I might have a bit of a fight on my hands - could do without that! Anyone else have similar problems? I work for a big company and I've no idea where to start! It could mean £530 to me!

I have no idea but i would phone up and find out what it all means :wacko: I have to try and get myself some childcare vouchers but i'm SO confused by it all. We're self employed and i only just became part of it all in June :dohh:

Hey guys:)

Congrats JellyCat on your exam:)

Apaton hope your scan goes well!

Glad you are feeling better Lillia.x

Big :hug: to all poorly mummys today, ive been pretty rank myself today:(

That looks fabby MrsJ, I have a great travel cot from Mason but love that one!

not sure about the childcare vouchers kaz but get on to it before mat leave for sure, its a lot of money!

I had my scan, baby doing fabby, breech of course but not that that will matter as consultant confirmed section today, im back in 6 weeks when I will get my date eek!!! still disputes over my dates so I will be scanned again aswell so they can ensure correct dates, Im so sure they are wrong, anyway ill go with whats best for baby!.x

What dates did they give you??

:hugs: glad everything went ok though.

Hi ladies!
Jellycat congrats! What is your exam for? I know you have probably said but you know how that goes these days....doh. LOL
Congrats to all with wonderful scans. I really want another scan as my OB has said I won't have any more unless there is a medical reason. I have an appt tomorrow so I will ask again.
Those are some lovely bump pics. I have one finally however, I am not brave enough to do one with bare belly. Only in the clothes....hahaha.
As for me I spent all day yesterday in the hospital again and now I have been put on strict bedrest until I see my OB tomorrow. I honestly don't know how people do this. They literally say all I can do is go to the bathroom, shower and sit up to eat. Geeesh!
Hope everyone else is doing well.

Awww hope the poorly mummies get better soon. Being ill when pg is awful as there is so little you can take. :hugs:

I've just found out my employer will not be paying my childcare vouchers once I'm on SMP. Been checking the government info and that suggests they can't deduct these from my SMP - so I think I might have a bit of a fight on my hands - could do without that! Anyone else have similar problems? I work for a big company and I've no idea where to start! It could mean £530 to me!

As a childcare provider i deal with vouchers regularly...the amount you get as a voucher (usually £243) is deducted from your wages before tax is deducted (which is how you save the 10%) therefore as you will not be paying tax on smp i assume you won't be able to get the voucher because there will be no saving to be made. Hope that didnt confuse you more :oS x

Can't believe the health problems we are all having...and lovely bumps ladies x

Hi Nursekel, I'm studying accountancy I have one more exam now until I qualify which will have to be after baby comes now as the exam is 1st September so I can't see me working flat out then lol

Mrs J i've been looking at the samonsite travel cots as we will be staying at the inlaws for xmas - I think they look great. You'll have to let us know what its like once you get it

Babythinkpink and others hope your on the mend soon xx

Can you believe I phoned in sick at work today and they have called me in the office to assist with an interview... I can't believe I cant even be sick in peace lol !

Mrs J I have one of those pop up travel cots, I bought my neice one and she never used it! They are fab and so easy!!

Sorry some of you are feeling poorly, you take it easy and rest up xx

Hubby is back from 2 weeks away, have to say he bloody stunk to high heaven!! Just done all his washing so thats out of the way lol! Done all the veg and pork for tea so I am ahead!!

Hope you're feeling better soon babythinkpink :hugs: Make sure you get plenty of rest and have hubby and (non poorly!) children help you xxx

oh no there seems to be a lot of illness and pain going around :hugs: :hugs:

hubby has been off work today and tomorrow too so we've been swimming and almost finished the painting in the guest room yay! That means we can get the carpet fitted, move the furniture over & finally start on the nursery :happydance:

tomorrow we are picking up the pram and car seat, very excited!

Hiya all, another crap day here I'm afraid. Hugs out to all the other sickies!! :hugs:

Well at about 9.30 this morning I started with the same pain I had in my side yesterday but on my left side instead of my right. This quickly shifted and turned into quite regular contraction type pains. I tried to get through it and carry on pottering around the house, but eventually had to give in and call DH to come home from work. Jack went to my mums and we went up to triage.

So they have taken urine samples and think I may have an infection, but I am having contraction type pains every 4 minutes or so. They did a speculum and took a swab, and the doc said my cervix is still closed which is the only reason he let me come home!! So I have to assume that I have a urine or other infection until they contact me to confirm that from the sample and the swab. Then they will medicate me, but until then I have to take paracetamol for the pains. If the pains get worse I have to call them and go up there as they will need to get the paediatricians prepared.

So much for my homebirth hey? I think history is repeating itself and we will have another early baby. It just needs to hold on a bit longer, as Archie was a 33 weeker and he was incubated for 2 weeks. So another couple of weeks would be ideal. Fingers crossed I am only having pains because my uterus is irritated by infection and that they decide what the infection is and treat it before I go into proper labour. Lets hope I'm still here at 38 weeks moaning that the baby can come any time!!

Sorry, very whingey post. I need to pack a hospital bag I think! I am going to sort my head out and be back later in a better mood!! :hugs:

Wow Asher you're so brave, to be so calm. FX your baby holds on for another few weeks for you :hugs:
Don't really know what else to say, cross your legs :haha:

xxx

Oh Asher, I am so sorry. I can totally sympathize. They ruled out any infections for me as well and luckily my fetalactin swabs are still negative so I keep getting to be at home too. Although I am not fond of this whole bedrest and I find it nearly impossible to do. I hope you little one hangs in for a while longer as well. I am terrified of having a premature baby as I really wouldn't know what to expect. It's a very scary thought.

Ha ha thanks Lilia!! Crossing the legs as we speak.

Nursekel I find this so hard too. Although we have already had one premature baby and he came out the other end of it just fine. I just want this one to hang on for a wee bit longer than Archie did, so at least another week and a bit. What I am about to say will sound terrible, but Archie and Jack need me too, and when we had Archie I could sit at the hospital with him all day and night. If this one comes early, although I need to be there, I can't be away from the other two all the time. Does that sound terrible? I think it does, but just today away from Jack he was really unsettled and upset.

Fingers crossed nursekel and me, we can both hold on tight to these little ones for a while longer.

:hugs: asher and nursekel, hope those babies stay inside a while longer yet

I don't think that sounds wrong at all hun. My parents currently have my DD while I am on bedrest and when I got out of the hospital yesterday she called me to say she was worried about me. My mom said she had been worried and upset all day b/c she knew I was at the hospital. Keep in mind she is only six. I was almost in tears at the thought of my poor baby girl being so concerned with me. You are so right about having other children. When we have our first it never crosses our minds but beyond that we have to think in a whole new way. I just feel lost as to what to expect. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some questions answered since I will finally be seeing my OB. She has been on vacation since all my preterm labor has started and I have yet to get to talk with her, only other doctors in the office and the on call doctors.
Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Asher and Nurse K - hope you manage to hold on a little longer :hugs: keeping everything crossed for you.

Sorry to hear about all you poorly ladies. Babythinkpink - you seem to be having a right old time of it at the moment you poor thing.

I just got an email to say that the cot has been despatched 2nd class so I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

I applied for my Nappy Incentive Scheme voucher today, all I had to do was apply on-line and then scan my driving licence, maternity exemption certificate and council tax bill. Hopefully, in about a month my £50 voucher will arrive and then I can redeem it for a Re-useable nappy starter pack. My friend recommended www.babykind.co.uk and I think I'm going to try Wonderoo V2 Pocket nappies. I don't plan on using re-useable's all the time and probably not for the first month or two but if I can get some for free I think I should at least try. Apparently lots of different areas have the scheme but here is the link for anyone living in London, you just have to check your borough is participating:
https://www.realnappiesforlondon.org.uk/scheme/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->