****September Stars!!**** - 119 Babies Born!!

just a quick 1 from me ,sorry some ladies are being poorly :hugs:

drea glad the scan went well :thumbup:

well mine wasnt what i expected, baby is aroun 4lb 11oz which the doctor said is fine :thumbup: but my baby is breech feet down :cry: she said i have good stomach muscles and thats y midwife thought bum was a head , got a scan in 3 weeks but she said its unlikley to turn so will have a c section at 38 weeks :wacko: i really didnt want 1 but im talking myself into it :haha: illl most likley have an august baby now :flower:

hope every1s well will read up later xxxx

Hiya all, another crap day here I'm afraid. Hugs out to all the other sickies!! :hugs:

Well at about 9.30 this morning I started with the same pain I had in my side yesterday but on my left side instead of my right. This quickly shifted and turned into quite regular contraction type pains. I tried to get through it and carry on pottering around the house, but eventually had to give in and call DH to come home from work. Jack went to my mums and we went up to triage.

So they have taken urine samples and think I may have an infection, but I am having contraction type pains every 4 minutes or so. They did a speculum and took a swab, and the doc said my cervix is still closed which is the only reason he let me come home!! So I have to assume that I have a urine or other infection until they contact me to confirm that from the sample and the swab. Then they will medicate me, but until then I have to take paracetamol for the pains. If the pains get worse I have to call them and go up there as they will need to get the paediatricians prepared.

So much for my homebirth hey? I think history is repeating itself and we will have another early baby. It just needs to hold on a bit longer, as Archie was a 33 weeker and he was incubated for 2 weeks. So another couple of weeks would be ideal. Fingers crossed I am only having pains because my uterus is irritated by infection and that they decide what the infection is and treat it before I go into proper labour. Lets hope I'm still here at 38 weeks moaning that the baby can come any time!!

Sorry, very whingey post. I need to pack a hospital bag I think! I am going to sort my head out and be back later in a better mood!! :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: That is identical what happend to me...they thought it was UTI too... though now i'm allergic to the pills they put me on :wacko:

4 weeks please little babies :flower:

Apaton why is your baby unlikely to turn :wacko: I was breech until friday and all the MWs said 36 weeks to me...lots of other mums at my baby group said their babies turned at 35-36 weeks also :hugs:

they said theres not alot of room in there now so its unlikley, ive got midwife on monday she said she will give me options n set up the next scan :shrug: i really want it to turn i dont want a section :(

Blob & Asher thats exactly what happenned to me and I also got the tests done this week, Hope your wee babbies stay put Asher and NurseKel, It is so understandable about having other kids. Half of me is quite pleased that I have a section planned so it will all be organised and Mason can be at nursery etc but i just hope recovery is better, cant be any worse than the last time, mind you I laboured for ages before section and this time I shouldnt.

Apaton there is a really good chance that wee bubba will turn in next few weeks, mine is also breech as Mason was up until 36 weeks and he turned, was back to back but head down.

I dont really have a choice with my c-section and you know what Ive just resigned myself to it, my consultant and neurologist know whats best and if pushing puts to much pressure on my brain then Id rather just be safe, I already have a wee boy that needs me as much as this one will.

Just had a lush steak pie with stewed sausage for tea:) yummy!

Are any of you venturing to the next sale this wkend?.xx

i hope so:hugs: they said they can medically try to turn it :shrug: but i heard this is very painfull and dont want to distress baby :wacko: ill c wat midwife says on monday x

Hi Ladies,
Had a lovely day today - met with some of the local mummies off a thread on here - was lovely to talk baby, hospitals, labour etc :thumbup:.

Asher - glad all is ok hun, just take it easy :hugs:
We have an adlut size space hopper up the loft which DH is going to dig out for me for the 1st part of labour lol. Just read your update post (i type replies as i'm reading lol) fingers crossed bubba stays put for a while, i know your probably taking it easy anyway but just hang on in there hun :hugs:

Lilia - glad to hear your more settled:hugs:

Jellycat - congratulations :happydance:

Babythinkpink - hope you feel better soon sweetie :hugs:

Kaz - try citizens advice or job centre plus (as silly as it sounds.....i only know cos DH works there & deals with all these kinds of thing all the time, he's even doing our better off calculations over the next few weeks to see if it's worth us paying into childcare vouchers) Good luck hun x

Awww drea - did you have an idea you'd need a section? (sorry if you already posted you would :blush:). For some reason it's something i dread as i will so stir crazy having to stay in & not be able to drive for 6 weeks afterwards, saying that i'm sure i'll do whatever is needed for my bubba as would we all. At least you'll get a definate 'meeting' date which must be nice :thumbup:

NurseKel - make sure you take your laptop with you lol:winkwink:. I must admit when i was soo poorly with morning sickness i did wonder how i would cope if i had a little one depending on me.......made me think seriously about when we would extend our family in the future :shrug:.
I think we should put you & Asher in twin beds for company :haha:

MrsJ08 - you are lucky, we don't have anything in our area for nappies :nope: i hope to become an advisor when little one gets here as there is absolutely no info or anything out there by us :growlmad:

Ooooh apaton - little bubbas are starting to make themselves know left right & centre now :hugs:

i hope so:hugs: they said they can medically try to turn it :shrug: but i heard this is very painfull and dont want to distress baby :wacko: ill c wat midwife says on monday x

Yes with you on that hon, well you never know just hold hope honey, Mason turned and I didnt think he would as he was huge and never had much room!! I got booked in for my next scan today at hosp, think its really just to confirm size and date.x

thanx :) , hopefully the cheeky monkey turns :haha: i beleived it was head down from 28 weeks so got a bit of a shock lol, hope your next scan goes well and hopefully my baby is like ures and behaves ! lol x

OK ladies, here's my Tufty pictures - quite a cute contained bump i think :haha:

Attachments

• edited 1.jpg
    edited 1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
  • edited 2.jpg
    edited 2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 9
  • edited 3.jpg
    edited 3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
Apaton, I have a midwife for my hypnobirthing I said I was concerned my baby was vreech and she recommended the following which could help you try and move baby the next couple of weeks before your next scan

1) Accupuncture
2) moxibustion - sounds weird but apparently has good success rate accupuncturist I think does it?
3) When baby is active get on all 4's hips wide apart with your bum in the air and wiggle hips side to side

I'll be doing the above if baby doesnt shift soon xx

Asher :hug: hope your baby calms down xx

Limpetsmum lovely bump, also notice your hair very nice really like the colour for the summer

I got my mat leave all sorted out with work today! :dance:
SO i'm starting medical leave on the 30th of july, and my maternity starts whenever the baby is born, plus i get an additional 6 weeks of maternity leave on top of the original year.

15 more days! :wohoo:

Asher and Nursekel, hope your babies hang on in there a bit longer!

lilbumpblue, I thought we pay tax on smp?

Just a quickie as I'm tired and feeling a bit low. I would normally stuff my face with sweets but can't. It sucks.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I am still feeling sorry for myself, still being sick with the coughing.
Got some hiney and lemons to try and help with the cough but it gives me indigestion, but that is preferable to the cough so going to do a cup b4 bed and just take my gaviscon with me!

I have been really lucky and my babies always been head down fairly early and stayed there, must be comfortable, but at least the breech babies are known, my friend had to have a breech birth and it was undiognosed, she said it was awful, so i would want to know, I am quite pleased of this scan in a few weeks to double check the midwifes opinion on head down just in case!

Limpets, lovely bump :hugs:

It is totally understandable to worry about the other children, I was in hospital longer than expected last time and was away 2 days, my children were hysterical by the time i got home, the house was trashed and it was a nightmare, never again! Have much better plans in place this time round.

Got to go, got a chorus of me and 2 dd's coughing, the little one is just on calpol, the middle one is on calpol and buttercup cough medicine if she will take it, and i am on paracetamol and honey and lemon, if i can face it!
Early nights all round again, hope to feel better tomorrow,
Bye for now, big waves to all,

:baby:thinkpink xx:hugs:

Asher and Nursekel, hope your babies hang on in there a bit longer!

lilbumpblue, I thought we pay tax on smp?

Just a quickie as I'm tired and feeling a bit low. I would normally stuff my face with sweets but can't. It sucks.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aww feel better ThinkPink. Get some rest when you can.
Limpets, I think twin beds would be wonderful. LOL I get bored easily especially because everyone I know works so when I'm stuck at home they're busy.
F & C, sorry honey. Hope you feel better soon too.

babythinkpink and fish and chips sorry you are feeling low:hugs:

i wouldnt have known baby was breech as this was a growth scan :dohh: they thought it was head down :haha: oh well only time will tell xx

Lovely bump Limpets. I guess there are some advantages to living in London at least there are lots of resources if you know where to look. My friend told me about the scheme today or I wouldn't have had a clue. I didn't realise how much easier cloth nappies now, compared to when my Mum used them for my little brother 21 years ago!

Breech ladies - get bouncing on those gym balls and crawling around on your hands and knees. Fingers crossed your babies turn xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->