* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

As many of you have seen on Facebook I went for my fortnightly growth scan today, and this one wasn't good news. While it could have been worse he's only gained around half the weight he should have in the last 2 weeks, and the flow through the cord is encountering significant resistance, which is why he's not gaining as much weight as he should. While I was there I also had +1 protein so they took full bloods, but the obvious assumption was I am developing pre-e again, so my obstetrician gave me the steroid injection as there is a good chance he's coming in the next week. However when I got home he called up very surprised to be able to tell me that my blood tests were normal. I was so happy I may have told him I loved him. There is still a chance I'll have to deliver soon if the flow through the cord gets worse, or if I do go on to develop pre-e, but for now he's hanging in there. So I go back tomorrow for my second dose of steroids, and then Monday for another growth scan, and we'll just take it from there. My goal continues to be getting to 30 weeks, although it now looks like I may limp there rather than sail across the line as I hoped.

Aww Dinah sorry for the bittersweet news. You're doing really well though, you got past 28 weeks! Fingers crossed he can bake a bit longer.

Sorry to hear that Dinah, keeping fingers crossed that he makes 30 weeks in utero though!
Cute scan pics bananabump, makes me excited for mine in 2 weeks! I still need to do some side by side comparisons with DD's and her newborn pics actually :flower:
I'm now officially in double digits which is both exciting and scary at how fast it's gone in equal measures! I have my anti-D and GTT coming up which aren't much to write home about but hey, a milestone is a milestone! :winkwink:

Dinah, I've been thinking about you... I'm glad they can at least take some precautions giving steroids and things to prepare for the early delivery. You've done so so well!

Like you ladies, I'm also not sleeping great. Tossing and turning a bit, and finding a hard time getting comfy. I start many nights on the couch because honestly I can get more comfy there until about midnight when I move into the bedroom.

When I do sleep I've been having sex dreams! And I'm on pelvic rest so I can't even do many thing about it. They are usually about my DH but the other day I had a random old guy sex dream about Alan Thicke! The Canadian actor! :rofl:

Dinah, I've been thinking about you... I'm glad they can at least take some precautions giving steroids and things to prepare for the early delivery. You've done so so well!

Like you ladies, I'm also not sleeping great. Tossing and turning a bit, and finding a hard time getting comfy. I start many nights on the couch because honestly I can get more comfy there until about midnight when I move into the bedroom.

When I do sleep I've been having sex dreams! And I'm on pelvic rest so I can't even do many thing about it. They are usually about my DH but the other day I had a random old guy sex dream about Alan Thicke! The Canadian actor! :rofl:

Haha Sry but this made me giggle! I can't say I can blame you considering you are on sex leave for a while ! Haha

As many of you have seen on Facebook I went for my fortnightly growth scan today, and this one wasn't good news. While it could have been worse he's only gained around half the weight he should have in the last 2 weeks, and the flow through the cord is encountering significant resistance, which is why he's not gaining as much weight as he should. While I was there I also had +1 protein so they took full bloods, but the obvious assumption was I am developing pre-e again, so my obstetrician gave me the steroid injection as there is a good chance he's coming in the next week. However when I got home he called up very surprised to be able to tell me that my blood tests were normal. I was so happy I may have told him I loved him. There is still a chance I'll have to deliver soon if the flow through the cord gets worse, or if I do go on to develop pre-e, but for now he's hanging in there. So I go back tomorrow for my second dose of steroids, and then Monday for another growth scan, and we'll just take it from there. My goal continues to be getting to 30 weeks, although it now looks like I may limp there rather than sail across the line as I hoped.

So sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing but you are right it could be much worse ! Count your blessings:) you are well past the v-day mark and lil man will be just fine ;) hang in there! Hoping you get to your goal of 30 weeks and he starts to gain some weight!

Just had a really positive appointment with my new consultant. She's supportive of our choice to go to the birth centre and said that if baby was breech again she couldn't see any reason why we couldn't go for a vaginal birth at the hospital if that's what we wanted. Because I was so worried about baby being breech she did a quick scan and confirmed that he is head down in a great position and definitely has boy bits :happydance: Feeling so happy, it's such a relief.

Yay!
Will they let you vaginally deliver a breeched baby? I had to have a c-section due to hemorrhaging risk which i was okay with because I can completely understand why it would be difficult to push out a baby butt first ! Lol hope neither of us have that situation again though !

Yes they would this time, I have issues with last time because we were railroaded into a c section when we didn't want one and it wasn't essential. What really hurt was about 6 months later a mum had a vaginal breech birth at my hospital after they'd convinced me not to. The care this time has been so much better, feel like we're actually being listened to and I feel like I might be able to trust consultants a little again :thumbup:

Obviously if someone feels more comfortable with a c section then that's their right, choice is the key in my mind :) Definitely fingers crossed neither of us are in that situation again!

You are exactly right! You should get to decide what happens with your body and your baby! I personally will be opting for another c section if she is breeched like my 1st dd only because the risk scares the hell out of me . Just the whole 'knees to chest' thing and it all coming out at once.. Not like the typical head down birth.. I mean I don't want a c section by any means .. I hated it the first time but I knew it's what was best for me. But we all have our own preferences and opinions & I hope you get the birth plan you are hoping to achieve ;) good luck!

Does anyone know, if 3D photos come out alright, when you have an anterior placenta?
I would really like to treat myself to some for my 30th bday next month :blush:

I had an anterior placenta at 15 -20 weeks.. Not sure about now.. They said it can move all around so you may not have an anterior placenta next month! Lol. But to answer your question we had an awful time trying to see baby with the placenta in the way:/ we got the gender fairly easily but we have a free scan between 28-30 weeks now because we couldn't get many good pics at our elective u/s. However the tech did say I should be fine at that time because even if I still have an anterior placenta the baby will be much bigger than it and we can see around it for the most part. Where as earlier on the baby is only about as big as the placenta or smaller and can hide behind it completely making the images so fuzzy and distorted. If I were you I would go for it ! Typically if they can't get good pictures they will offer you discounts or a free return visit.

I am so sorry to post like 19 separate posts it's just so hard to put it all in to one sometimes when you are replying to multiple people! Lol.. Updates on me.. Had another routine visit last week. All is well with baby. Heard her heartbeat like always ;) & received my glucose drink that I have to drink before the next visit on the 30th. Yuck! I will also be getting my Rh shot next week. The joys of being a rare blood type! Lol. Maybe this one will have my blood type.. My 1st dd has her fathers blood type of o positive. I am also 24 weeks today which marks v day!! Yay!

Hi ladies I'm 27 + 1weeks xx I had my glucose drink today..yukkkk!!
And next week at my Gyno check up I'll get my anti-D injection xx

I had my gtt yesterday aswell as a vbac clinic.. should know my results by Monday hopefully. I've got my whooping cough injection next week then I see my midwife at 30 weeks and every 2 weeks from 32 weeks. Plus I'm booked in to see the consultant at 34 weeks to discuss vbac or c section and find out a section date if that's what I opt for! 12 weeks til D day! X

Hi ladies I'm 25+1 today. I also had my GTT yesterday and mine are all clear thankfully, the drink was horrible though :sick:

I don't think I mentioned on here that at my 20 week scan that I had on 7th May I ended up having an emergency appendix operation the same day because of pain I had described and they saw something on the ultra sound that was something wrong with my bowel. It was pretty scary because I was worried about the risk to the baby. They had to remove a small part of my bowel too and sent it for biopsy, I found out last week what they have found is benign but I might have to have another operation after the baby to remove more of my bowel :(
I'm still suffering with pain so can't get about that much but I'm glad it was found because it would of been really dangerous because it was close to bursting and that would of been a big threat to me and baby.
I went to my antenatal consultant appointment on Thursday and she said I will get an extra scan for baby on 3rd July, which I'm really pleased about for the reassurance :)

Hi ladies I'm 25+1 today. I also had my GTT yesterday and mine are all clear thankfully, the drink was horrible though :sick:

I don't think I mentioned on here that at my 20 week scan that I had on 7th May I ended up having an emergency appendix operation the same day because of pain I had described and they saw something on the ultra sound that was something wrong with my bowel. It was pretty scary because I was worried about the risk to the baby. They had to remove a small part of my bowel too and sent it for biopsy, I found out last week what they have found is benign but I might have to have another operation after the baby to remove more of my bowel :(
I'm still suffering with pain so can't get about that much but I'm glad it was found because it would of been really dangerous because it was close to bursting and that would of been a big threat to me and baby.
I went to my antenatal consultant appointment on Thursday and she said I will get an extra scan for baby on 3rd July, which I'm really pleased about for the reassurance :)

Oh wow ! That is scary ! Sorry to hear that. But glad baby is okay and you are okay . ;) surgery sucks let alone when pregnant! Hopefully they don't have to remove too much of the bowel or have to do a resection. Prayers for you :)

Oh wow ! That is scary ! Sorry to hear that. But glad baby is okay and you are okay . ;) surgery sucks let alone when pregnant! Hopefully they don't have to remove too much of the bowel or have to do a resection. Prayers for you :)

Thank you :) Baby loves kicking a lot recently so you would think she hasn't been fazed by it all but I will feel a lot better when I get to see her again at the scan.

Wow fingers crossed everything settles down for you xxx

Hi ladies what's the name of the Facebook page? X

It's September stars but you won't find it as it's a private group. One of the admins has to invite you to it. If you private message bananabump she will add you as a friend then invite you.

Wow fingers crossed everything settles down for you xxx

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"