* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

Please send kind thoughts and prayers to DD. Just been to dr's with her and now in a&e as she isn't well. Extremely high blood sugar indicating type 1 diabetes. Treating her as they would treat a diabetic right now and will be admitted later. Xx

Sending all health and recovery prayers for the little girl.

Thinking of you Twinklie <3 :hugs:

I am also getting REALLY dizzy when i stand up from sitting down. It has been my main symptom. It started last week.

Here's a pic of my progression. I'm feeling super excited!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one still poas! I wanted to check that mine was getting darker also...my test line was much darker than my control today! I definitely got more excited than I have been :happydance:

I also feel quite dizzy from time to time. Mine seems to be quite bad when I turn around suddenly...like the room carries on turning?

Please send kind thoughts and prayers to DD. Just been to dr's with her and now in a&e as she isn't well. Extremely high blood sugar indicating type 1 diabetes. Treating her as they would treat a diabetic right now and will be admitted later. Xx

How terrifying, hope she is better soon xx

thinking of you twinklie and your daughter leah_marie :hugs:

Your poor LO! My best friends baby brother was diagnosed with t1 diabetes when he was 9 months old and it was a really scary time for everyone, I can sort of relate to what you're going through. I hope it's not the case with your daughter and she's better soon :hugs:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Twinklie!

I am sooo bloated! I look about 12 weeks pregnant lol Still feeling symptom free though luckily :)

Congratulations Kalush and NeicyRTB! I've added you both to the list :)

Leah_Marie I really hope your daughter is ok xx

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages.

The GP confirmed she had high levels of glucose in her urine and 25 minutes later, we were in A&E with a diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes. Her blood sugar this afternoon was 21.4. The normal range lies between 4 and 8 so our little Avia has been really quite poorly.

Fortunately she is now a lot lot better and was actually excited about her "sleepover" on the children's ward. Mummy on the other hand is not so excited by this and I know for a fact I am in for a sleepless night but the staff have been faultless so far.

It's been an overwhelming time but thank you all for your lovely messages. Understandably I won't be around for a few days while we adjust to everything but she has been a superstar and so very brave.

I spent a night in children's ward and slept like a log, wheeled the little bed next to the cot with the side down and my arm through the bars holding ds hand.
Xx

Leah - hope your daughter is ok.

I've had my scan today, and baby is where it should be. Gutted she couldn't find a heartbeat but reasurred me this was normal as still early stages. Going back on 20th again.
Did another test today too which was really dark, so happy with that.
Had achy boobs today, really tired even after a nap & feeling quizzy.
How's everyone else doing ??
Have a fab fun wkend x x x

Back from my first appointment. I wish I could say I left feeling more assured, but that wasn't the case. The doctor prescribed me progesterone twice a day as a precaution, since I previously miscarried. He ordered my HCG levels and a bunch of other tests. I have to come back next Friday. I had planned to go running with a new running group Sunday, doctor nixed that. Told me no exercise, sex, stress, pretty much don't do anything. I was hoping for a scan or a doppler heartbeat, no such luck. I don't think I can relax or breathe until this first trimester is over. I did tell a few more people, now my both my parents, best friend and cousin know. I know I am suppose to stay stress free, but it is so hard not to worry. My husband doesn't help. His way of dealing with stress and frustration is causing stress and frustration for others, mainly me.

@Leah sending good thoughts to you and your daughter.

Back from my first appointment. I wish I could say I left feeling more assured, but that wasn't the case. The doctor prescribed me progesterone twice a day as a precaution, since I previously miscarried. He ordered my HCG levels and a bunch of other tests. I have to come back next Friday. I had planned to go running with a new running group Sunday, doctor nixed that. Told me no exercise, sex, stress, pretty much don't do anything. I was hoping for a scan or a doppler heartbeat, no such luck. I don't think I can relax or breathe until this first trimester is over. I did tell a few more people, now my both my parents, best friend and cousin know. I know I am suppose to stay stress free, but it is so hard not to worry. My husband doesn't help. His way of dealing with stress and frustration is causing stress and frustration for others, mainly me.

how far are you? ik its hard to stay stress free when you're restricted to do anything but the dr is looking out for u and wants what's best for the baby. I'm thinking about laying low on my workouts bcz after the one I did today I had a tiny bit of light pink after. was very scary for me since I've had 2 losses. hang in there! did u find out ur levels?

how far are you? ik its hard to stay stress free when you're restricted to do anything but the dr is looking out for u and wants what's best for the baby. I'm thinking about laying low on my workouts bcz after the one I did today I had a tiny bit of light pink after. was very scary for me since I've had 2 losses. hang in there! did u find out ur levels?

I'm 5+4. I gave blood today,but I don't have the HCG results yet. Adding the stress of what needs to be a stress free situation, I live in Toronto and I am awaiting my permanent residency. My husband is Canadian, i am American. My healthcare in Canada may not kick in before the baby arrives. Currently, I am still insured in the U.S. and I have been driving 2 hours across the border to Buffalo to see a doctor. In addition to going today, he wanted me to come back Tuesday for a 2nd HCG test and Friday for a follow-up visit. Driving back and forth especially in the winter when we have experienced serious snow and an ice storm recently. I have decided to try to see if I can get the 2nd HCG test locally, even if that means paying out of pocket or waiting until my appointment next Friday to take it. Still the idea of having to go back and forth to Buffalo is stressing me out. I keep thinking about going into labor and trying to make it across the border, what if I go into labor Labor day weekend when border traffic is backed up and can't get across. I know I need to stop thinking worse case scenarios, but this really makes me want to move back to the United States or maybe just stay with my mom in NYC near the end and deliver there. The bad thing is my husband may miss delivery since he works in Canada. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts I'm saying to myself.

Banana - Thanks!

Leah-Marie - Hope they can get her levels sorted quickly so you guys can go home. :hugs: Sounds like she's a strong little girl and will be able to handle this.

MrsMalcolm - All of that does sound stressful, lots of driving and border crossing. I hope you can figure out what is going to work best for you. It's really hard to relax in such an uncertain time.

afm - Finally 4 weeks! It seems a long way until February and hopefully getting to hear a heartbeat. Hoping it'll will go by quickly.

May I join? Just got my bfp this evening at 14dpo! I'm shocked because i totally felt out this month! I think I'm sure around September 20th!

May I join? Just got my bfp this evening at 14dpo! I'm shocked because i totally felt out this month! I think I'm sure around September 20th!

Aw congratulations! I'll add you to the list xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->