* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

guess im joining you all :) due sept. 26th! hcg was drawn Thursday at 3w6d it was 138. getting it drawn today at 4w3d to see the rise so hoping for it to double! congrats everyone!

Got my BFP at DPO 17 today. 4 Weeks and 1 day pregnant. Due september 26th I think...!

to the uk mommies, i wonder if you can help me..
i have my first GP appointment tomorrow.
do you think he/she is going to test or confirm my hcg levels /pregnancy at all or will i be transfered to a midwife? whats the usual procedure?

also..when will the first ultrasound take place? i heard it could be as late as 10-12 weeks, is that correct? that seems really late. im originally from germany and over there, women get their pregnancies confirmed (via blood or pregnancy test) and also get there ultrasound right away, but usually around 6-8 weeks.

Generally the GPs don't test in the Uk, either urine or HCG levels, unless there is a potential reason to need to check levels. And the first scan is booked for 12 weeks, again, unless there is a reason to check sooner.

It is a bit of a waiting game I'm afraid xx

Congrats to all the new BFPs on here :) Welcome!!!

Lady luck - Congrats on the great scan :)

Anyone else have a scan coming up? My 8 week scan is in one week and one day and I am already dying to go lol..... nerves are starting again already! xx

I know I have read wanting to do alot for house at end but does anyone have an overwhelming need to start now? Last time around was same thing. I am already wanting to lock up unsafe items! This is going to be a long long wait huh:p

Haha I have wanted to scrub the baseboards a little bit :blush: Haven't actually done it yet because I also feel awful lol. I did scrub all the baseboards when I was around 8 months with my son :rofl: We have two big dirt-dragging dogs so it was definitely a good thing to do!

Welcome to the new BFPs! Can't believe we're almost to the end of the month with due dates, but I guess that's right since I'm around 8 weeks now...!

I have my second ultrasound on Friday... nervous of course!! I try to be comforted by the fact that I do feel really lousy - nauseated and just like poop at like 80-85% of the time. Figure that's at least a good sign for the pregnancy!

So am I the only one with no symptoms? Outside of some cramping as if my period is about to come I feel completely normal.

welcome to all the new bfps!! So exciting! Can't believe we've almost completely made our way through all the September dates already!

I have a viability scan in the morning :happydance: I'm fairly nervous about it, but I've already had two emergency scans because of bleeding and severe pain, and we've already been able to see the heartbeat :cloud9: so just hoping that everything is continuing to be well!

So am I the only one with no symptoms? Outside of some cramping as if my period is about to come I feel completely normal.

No symptoms except weeing more maybe and some light period cramps xx

I have no real symptoms either except occasionally sore boobs!

to the uk mommies, i wonder if you can help me..
i have my first GP appointment tomorrow.
do you think he/she is going to test or confirm my hcg levels /pregnancy at all or will i be transfered to a midwife? whats the usual procedure?

also..when will the first ultrasound take place? i heard it could be as late as 10-12 weeks, is that correct? that seems really late. im originally from germany and over there, women get their pregnancies confirmed (via blood or pregnancy test) and also get there ultrasound right away, but usually around 6-8 weeks.

Generally the GPs don't test in the Uk, either urine or HCG levels, unless there is a potential reason to need to check levels. And the first scan is booked for 12 weeks, again, unless there is a reason to check sooner.

It is a bit of a waiting game I'm afraid xx

You don't see a doctor at all in my county, you phone the surgery and they give you paperwork and the number for the midwife who books you in somewhere about 8-10 weeks. She books the scan for you between 11&14 weeks. And gives you a blood test order which you take to the blood clinic at the hospital.
Or I have phoned the home birth team, she did a mini booking in appointment on the phone, booked my scan for 12 weeks and will come to my house to book me in and take blood.
Xx

Can you also please add me to this please Sept 28th. Am absolutely crapping myself with nerves.
Thank you x

Its great to see so many nursing moms! I nursed my son until he was 19 months... he's 23 months now. I miss it sometimes :( For those worried about it during pregnancy, its perfectly fine and safe to continue! Don't force weaning due to pregnancy, allow your nursling to lead the way. And aburpt forced weaning can cause a pregesterone drop which is not good for pregnancy... but a gradual weaning, is much more healthy for baby and nursling. Or you can tandem nurse!! <3 what are your ladies plans for your breastfeeding journey?

Jokerette - I didnt know an aburpt stop could drop progesterone. Thanks for sharing that. I'm still nursing full time. I'm hoping to tandem nurse.

I too am happily surprised to see so many long term nursing mamas in this group :) I'm assuming I'm going to end up tandem nursing too. I never really thought it all out you know? Like I didn't set out with a plan to nurse in perpetuity... :rofl:

But Quinton LOVES it - it makes him so, SO happy, and it gives me a minute to just lay there throughout the day, so we have no plan to stop :) I have read that around 20 weeks, supply drops a lot, and I know it will eventually turn to mostly colostrum, so we'll see how he likes the change in menu. But ultimately I'm leaving it up to him (unless it starts bothering me really badly at some point, but it hasn't really at all yet).

has anyone else had any type of light pink spotting? I did at 13dpo . got my bfp at 9dpo so I thought it was kinda late to be ib. it only lasted not even a whole day. now if I see it , it's like barely there. I have to seriously look for it on the tissue and sometimes I wonder if my eyes are just playing tricks on me haha. I called the doc and they had me come in and did an exam but that couldn't tell much because I'm so early and it's too early for a sono. so they drew hcg which was 138. had to have it done again today . so fx'd! just wondering if anyone else had this happen? I don't feel many symptoms except extreme fatigue . no sore boobs. no nausea. I did have alot of cm at first but that's starting to pass I think. I'm 4w3d. I had ib with my dd but it was dark and 'old' looking. this was like a pale pink. so I'm confused! sry for the tmi !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->