* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

Hiya,
Had a lovely evening with some friends but was really hard to keep mum lol.
They all know I've been waiting for IVF and been really supportive & don't want to lie to them. Hard to answer questions without spilling the beans.
How's everyone else coping in keeping quite???

Hard as I feel so sick all the time too. Everyone assumes I have a virus and should be home keeping it to myself. I just want to shout im not contagious I'm pregnant haha x

I've told the in laws and my best friend already so that's easy.
I told a couple of my seniors and hr at work and I've had my first scan so I'm pretty confident now.
I'll tell my parents when I next see them in a relaxed setting and they'll spill the beans to the rest.
I'll see a few close friends and tell them when I see them and work colleagues after
my family.
Then Facebook after 20 week scan xx

Mind if I join you guys? I'm due September 14th.

I have already told my close/local family. I just couldn't keep it in. I was planning to wait to tell everyone else on my birthday as I will be 13+2 but I don't know if I can hold out that long. Almost everyone in the building I work in know. It was hard to keep it quiet with the morning sickness. Everyone else keeps asking if I am ok. If all goes well at my first appointment and scan on Feb 18th I will probably tell everyone else local and some additional family. Facebook will still be my birthday though.

Perfect scan!!!! Thank you ladies for all your well wishes

Baby was measuring one day bigger than expected... Measuring 8+2 heartbeat of 163bpm they did just an abdominal ultrasound, no transvaginal needed.

So happy!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3
Feeling so ill... ultrasound is in 24 days and we to are hoping to have dd potty trained by the time this baby is born. Dont rele want to have two in diapers again but she is well on the way to being at least day time potty trained.

still nauseated here :( I wake up nauseous until I eat something small then it passes for a short bit. then it strikes again and I'm miserable and in need of a nap.when I wake up I'm typically still nauseated . then I eat something small again and it passes for a short while and hits again . tonight I had had enough.. went to the bathroom and shoved my finger down my throat (I know..gross) and it worked .. but barely. it's just like whatever is in there pretends it wants to come out then says 'haha jk! I'm going to torture you instead !' lol. I hope this passes soon!!
does anyone believe the old wives tale about ms/nausea=girl? because we are hoping for a boy (only because we have a girl but a girl would still be a blessing!) & with my dd I was sick .. but I actually vomited and it wasn't all day nausea . some people say there's truth to the myth others say it's bogus. anyone have any insight?

oh & how could I forget ?! we had our first u/s today :) I'm measuring right on time at 6w3d. & we saw a nice strong heartbeat! it was amazing <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
Jokerette - That's wondeful! Glad everything went so well.

We've told our parents, my best friend and the people we were just on vacation with. So many more people than knew last time, it just ended up turning out that way. We were going to see if we could get through vacation without people figuring out, but didn't quite make it. It's a bit hard when it's a skiing vacation that involves alcohol and hot tubbing after skiing. The feeling icky most of the time and throwing up didn't help much. It sounds like there is a lot of potty training going on. Good luck! We're going to be starting that here soon too.

Only 2 days to go until our first appointment with the midwife, can't wait.
Think we'll tell both parents, grandmother and siblings on Friday then & one special friend who's been through the whole journey with me. Then wait until the next scan before telling the rest of the world ;-)
Feeling good so far this morning. Hope everyone has a good day xxx

cnsweeney I'm the same with the nausea :( feel horrible

I'm going for scan tomorrow, nervous and excited

Right, I was supposed to see my midwife for the first time today, but she decided to not show up...Now I'll have to wait yet another week or two for my very first appointment. What a joke!

does anyone believe the old wives tale about ms/nausea=girl? because we are hoping for a boy (only because we have a girl but a girl would still be a blessing!) & with my dd I was sick .. but I actually vomited and it wasn't all day nausea . some people say there's truth to the myth others say it's bogus. anyone have any insight?

Nope, good friend of mine is expecting her second, she said this pregnancy is as different as can be, she was sick for 14 weeks every day, where the first time she felt great, oth pregnancies are little boys though!

I don't know what I'm hoping for, some days I think how nice it would be to have one of each, other days I'd love a second girl as all my friends who are two girls are just so so close.

GP again today, blood pressure still behaving, see my obstetrician again on Friday. Another 3 weeks until my scan though, so impatient!

Right, I was supposed to see my midwife for the first time today, but she decided to not show up...Now I'll have to wait yet another week or two for my very first appointment. What a joke!

Mine has already warned me that if anyone goes into labour on Thursday my appointment might have to be rearranged. So could be that reason why yours hasn't shown up. I'd give a ring hun.
So annoying though coz you wait so long for it to be cancelled and wait EVEN longer x x x

A week today until my booking in appointment - can't come soon enough!! Hopefully my 12 week scan will come through shortly after that! X

I don't believe the old wives tale about MS either because I had it so so bad with my son last time! I wae hospitalised twice because I couldn't keep anything down!

I really don't mind about the sex.. a girl would be lovely but a brother for Leo would be just as nice! So excited to find out in 6 weeks though xxx

Congratulations FIRSTIME.. I've added you to the the list!

All our close family and friends know now.. that's about 40 people haha x

We told everyone today! It's been a really exciting day sharing the news :) We are still planning the FB post next week after we find out the sex in the blood test :)

We told everyone today! It's been a really exciting day sharing the news :) We are still planning the FB post next week after we find out the sex in the blood test :)

Never heard about knowing the sea through bloods, interesting :) x x

Decided to tell parents on Sunday now & I've just ordered them both a photo frame with grandchild on it & will put a note in it saying picture to follow in September 2014 :-D
Can't wait now x x
Tiredness not too bad today just hyper sensitive boobs. Soak in the bath might help x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->