* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

Well ladies, I have to wait another week for booking appointment as it's just got cancelled. I know I was pre warned this might happen but really??
I'll be 10 weeks by then, so much for them keeping a closer eye on me lol.
I did phone her back & left a voice mail asking when my 12 week scan is so I book it off work. Let's see how long it takes her to get back to me.
Best get ready to go into work now.
She did tell me the visit will take 1.5hrs, which seems long to me.
Hope everyone is having a good day :)
Catch up with you all later, after work. x x x

Hi Ladies, can I join?

Due with my second , by my estimations, September 12th. My first little boy was two in december :)

Well ladies, I have to wait another week for booking appointment as it's just got cancelled. I know I was pre warned this might happen but really??
I did phone her back & left a voice mail asking when my 12 week scan is so I book it off work. Let's see how long it takes her to get back to me.

AW that sucks :(

I had the very same happening to me on Tuesday. Thankfully I was able to secure an appointment for today (no one needs the emergency appointment )
But I definitely feel your pain. I hope she calls you back soon!

Hi girls please could I join too! Yellow bump due 5th September, although first scan on 14th so date could change!
xo.

That's crap, they have to do 8-10 week blood tests so they can't push it back any further surely!
There's lots of paper to fill out and mine was 1hour she was very thorough.
My booking appointment with ds wasn't as long, mainly because I had filled the paperwork out beforehand.
Xx

Congratulations to the newcomers! I've added you all to the list xx

I have my first (early) scan tomorrow at 10.50am GMT, i'm so nervous, I'll be about 6w6d to 7w2 days. i really hope everything is ok and I'll get to see a little bud snuggled in there. Won't sleep a wink tonight...

Good luck for tomorrow Graceyous!

I had a dream last night that I gave both to the most beautiful little brown hair, blue eyed girl at 38 weeks in the back of our car in the hospital car park! I wonder if it's a premonition lol x

I just got back from my first appointment with my midwife and what a let down... It only took 10 mins and nothing was done except for blood pressure, no blood work, weighing or anything. I wonder if this is normal?!
I felt really rushed through and am really glad now that I have a private scan scheduled for the 16th. The lady couldn't even answer my questions :-(

Hi! I seem to be a bit late joining, but I'd still love to! We're due September 16th with our first! :) congrats everyone xx

I just got back from my first appointment with my midwife and what a let down... It only took 10 mins and nothing was done except for blood pressure, no blood work, weighing or anything. I wonder if this is normal?!
I felt really rushed through and am really glad now that I have a private scan scheduled for the 16th. The lady couldn't even answer my questions :-(

I've never had a baby in the UK but that doesn't sound normal compared to what I hear on here! Do you have a follow up any time soon? It's horrible that you felt so rushed that she couldn't answer your questions :(

my first midwife appt was just a bit of paperwork ns blood pressure. she arranged my 8wk scan and my screening appointment though and gave me afew leaflets. the screening appt took blood and done the height weight etc and booked my 12 week scan appt

Welcome to all of our new mums to be!

Work colleague asked me when we were going to be having another baby since she thinks Avia needs to be a big sister - really had to bite my tongue!!

How are we all? X

Welcome everyone:flower:

And Mummy to be x your due date is the same as mine :thumbup:

I'm feeling okay today, sore boobs and running to the toilet a lot but other than that I'm all good.

Got my private scan next Saturday on the 15th and my first midwife appointment on the 18th. :happydance:

How is everyone?

Welcome to all of our new mums to be!

Work colleague asked me when we were going to be having another baby since she thinks Avia needs to be a big sister - really had to bite my tongue!!

How are we all? X

Well done on keeping quiet I don't think I could of done that lol. :haha:

@laura & tiger

My follow up with her is in the first week of April.
She send my papers off for the 12week scan , where they'll take blood. I still think that all of this seems very far away.
Not impressed!

Ugh how shitty is that :dohh: it's terrible when you go away feeling disappointed, how about changing midwives? I've chosen to have the same midwife I had with my daughter and we spoke over the phone today to book my first appointment and we actually had a chat for a good ten minutes about general things. I think it's really important to have a good relationship with your midwife, sorry you had a rubbish experience Hun :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->