* September Stars 2014 * 41 babies born!

I gather from other threads that everywhere in UK handle things differently which seems silly as they are all governed by NHS! At my 1st appointment last week I filled in paperwork etc, had blood test and blood pressure checked. It was a lot quicker than my first appointment with DS.

I just got back from my first appointment with my midwife and what a let down... It only took 10 mins and nothing was done except for blood pressure, no blood work, weighing or anything. I wonder if this is normal?!
I felt really rushed through and am really glad now that I have a private scan scheduled for the 16th. The lady couldn't even answer my questions :-(

That doesn't sound good hun, especially not being able to answer your questions. You should be reassured after the appointment.
x x x

How crowded were they loveandterror? I know you said you took an emergency appointment is it possible they really squeezed you in to get the ball rolling even though they were packed? I would look online at the reviews and see if it is a known issue.

Still spotting-pink and brown. ONE drop of red. Health insurance is due to start 3/1. Would have had it months ago but the site has beena pain and our application was marked as good to go but had never been accepted. I am done calling them idiots and will call soon to get appointment soon as I can after March. I really hope the place I am going to will be in and out as I do not want much testing done. Read so many false positives on tests that IMO I would be less stressed and baby will be too.

had a tongue-biting moment this morning when my MIL misheard something that my son and I were talking about. (I thought he said I was not pretty, he actually said I was not busy, MIL heard pregnant.) She said "What? You want to be pregnant?" I had to bite my tongue and not spill the beans lol. I said "No, he said 'BUSY'" Don't know how much longer I can hold it in. We've known for 3 weeks now, this should be interesting

That doesn't sound good loveandterror! This was baby #2 for me and the appointment was still a good hour long and she did everything you mentioned. I'd ring and ask for another appointment or at least for some reassurance that all of those things will be done at your 12 week scan.

Hey ladies. :) Sorry to burst into your convo like this, but I'd like to sign up for the September Stars 2014:winkwink: This weekend I'll be 10 weeks and I should be due around the 5th of September this year.

Welcome to all of our new mums to be!

Work colleague asked me when we were going to be having another baby since she thinks Avia needs to be a big sister - really had to bite my tongue!!

How are we all? X

Well done on keeping quiet I don't think I could of done that lol. :haha:

It was difficult, believe me! We'll be announcing after our 12 week scan so just a few more weeks to wait but it was killing me! X

Just got a text from DH telling me to keep next Weds afternoon free as he has a surprise planned! Nervous as to what is going on but our anniversary is Thurs (I am working, as is he) so I am wondering what sneaky something he has up his sleeve?! X

Just got a text from DH telling me to keep next Weds afternoon free as he has a surprise planned! Nervous as to what is going on but our anniversary is Thurs (I am working, as is he) so I am wondering what sneaky something he has up his sleeve?! X

Exciting!!! I love surprises.

Ooooh exciting for your surprise Leah Marie.

Nausea is finally starting to ease off now, going to need to start watching what I eat again and get back to exercising.

Forgot to mention - we are almost there with names! Never agreed on a boys name with pregnancy #1 and fortunately never had to so finding a boys name was priority second time around. Haven't made a final decision just yet but boy will be either

Theo Lucas or Noah Finley.

Opinions?

Girl will be Lila Seraphina. DD is Avia Evangeline.

Lead Marie - what a lovely man you have there. Keep us posted what your surprise is ;-)
Loving the names too x x x

Thought sickness had gone, but it's returned today and got worse tonight. I've been ready for bed 3hrs ago but can't sleep due to feeling sick, Sucking a mint atm to see if that helps.
Been really gassy too & still constipated.
x x x

Leah_Marie, I like both of the names but really like Noah. Your girls names are beautiful.

On the MS front, I am in a good patch. I am hesitant to think that it is over, but I haven't gotten sick for 3 days! I actually ate normal food last night and for lunch today. Still being careful not to over do it, but am hopeful.:thumbup:

Leah I love the name Noah!

Welcome to the new ladies!!!! :wave:

Can I be added to this thread? My due date is September 11th :) Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->